test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Adventure Packs Should Give GCR

championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
Adventure Packs are some of the biggest pieces of content besides the Open World maps, but its such a shame that practically nobody bothers with doing them more than once because the reward of a few SCR just isn't worth the time it takes to complete them, let alone doing them up to 3 times a day.

All you'd need to do is update the reward for completing them, something like 5 SCR and 3 GCR. This would be a much more appealing option to a LOT of players who would like to earn some of the endgame gear but feel gatekeeped from doing the much harder Cosmic boss fights, Teleios Ascendant, or Therakiel's Temple.

AP's could be soloed or run with a friend or two for a much more enjoyable experience then trying to get together a precise team of already optimized builds, and this offers a road for more casual players to earn better gear and rewards.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I hear you. It would be nice if the APs and CSs provided more meaningful awards at endgame (other than maybe costume drops, but those can be bought with tokens after you have run them once). I feel the same about the Unity missions. The only sensible time to do APs and CSs for me is before endgame. I have to say though, given recent history, that I am worried about letting the Devs get their hands on that content. They would probably turn it into something that requires a 5-person team, which would kill interest in it for many people, I wager. I am pretty sure that even if they just upped the rewards a bit there would be no gcr involved unless the difficulty were beefed up to something like what is in the QWZ.

The only place with some soloable endgame content right now is the QWZ dailies. A 3-person team in merc gear and r4 mods can do those quite easily and pretty fast. The odd thing is that many of the people who don't do anything but cosmics don't seem to want to make the effort to get a couple other people and do those dailies, even though the are easy. They are an easy mine for scr, some Q and a bit for gcr. So what you want for the APs and CSs is already available in a way, but a lot of people won't even try to do that. Not much incentive for the Devs to add better rewards to the APs and CSs if player are not making use of an asset (QWZ dailies) that already gives comparable rewards that can be done in even less time.

I also want to note that one can easily contribute in a meaningful way at cosmics in mercs and r4 mods. It is not hard if you know what you are doing there and you have a half way decent build. Even beginning tanks can do cosmics. I don't see any excuse for people not trying cosmics. All they have to do is explain that they are new and need to know what to do and what not to do.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I hear you. It would be nice if the APs and CSs provided more meaningful awards at endgame (other than maybe costume drops, but those can be bought with tokens after you have run them once). I feel the same about the Unity missions. The only sensible time to do APs and CSs for me is before endgame. I have to say though, given recent history, that I am worried about letting the Devs get their hands on that content. They would probably turn it into something that requires a 5-person team, which would kill interest in it for many people, I wager. I am pretty sure that even if they just upped the rewards a bit there would be no gcr involved unless the difficulty were beefed up to something like what is in the QWZ.
    True, but they could up the scr to something sane. As for 5-person teams, the APs and Comic Series already have team size scaling; could change the 5-man team scaling to use legendaries (basic endgame lair scaling, like destroyer's factory or andrith) while leaving smaller team scaling alone.