test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Omniman Build as tank/dps

Greetings, I am new to making builds and I want to make one related to omniman, I accept and appreciate any possible suggestion.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    I'm unsure what powers you'd want to give him. Maybe just make it a hybrid-dps Might build using Invuln? Here's a basic example of one of those:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Hybrid)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)
    Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Rank 3, Pummel)
    Level 6: Enrage
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Pulverizer
    Level 14: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Shockwave (Rank 2, Power Shift)
    Level 23: Haymaker (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Mighty Leap
    Level 32: Retaliation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (1/3)
    Strength: Overpower (2/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

The last 2 powers can be w/e ya want.

For single-target dps, it uses Demolish to put up and refresh its debuff, while using charged Haymaker as its main attack. For trash and AoE, you can use Shockwave to pull enemies in a wide area, and Defensive Combo's cleave can also help w/ AoE (Defense Combo's dmg shield can also be used to help turtle up). You could also replace Shockwave w/ Havoc Stomp and its Major Impact adv here, as either can corral enemies in a wide area. Overall, it's a pretty straightforward build. Gears mostly for Str, w/ some Con and Rec.

Note that it's also not a proper tank for groups, but you could make it more of one by using the Tank role, putting the Challenge adv on a few attacks (prob on Haymaker and Shockwave_Havoc Stomp here), getting 2-3 points Juggernaut for Str PSS (instead of Overpower), and gearing more heavily for Con.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • galkain309#7805 galkain309 Posts: 10 Arc User
    Greetings, thanks for your help... they are the same powers that I had in mind in such a way that I could switch between one role and another and make it sustainable, I will try to see how it goes.
    edited May 2021
    Sure thing. Also, if you want to specialize more into either role, then you could instead go for a dual-passive approach where you'd take both a tanking passive and a dps passive, and swap between them as desired (and prob also swap gear). But it's up to you if you want to pursue that, as it can take a bit more effort to set up. Here's an example:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Strength (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Devastator (Str: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Paramilitary Training (Str: 3, Con: 3, Rec: 3, End: 3)
    Level 9: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Bodybuilder (Str: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Clobber
    Level 1: Defensive Combo (Rank 2, Pummel, Challenge!)
    Level 6: Enrage
    Level 8: Invulnerability (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Pulverizer
    Level 14: Demolish (Rank 2, Below the Belt)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Shockwave (Rank 2, Power Shift)
    Level 23: Haymaker (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Mighty Leap
    Level 32: Retaliation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Strength: Swole (2/3)
    Strength: Physical Peak (3/3)
    Strength: Brutality (2/2)
    Strength: Juggernaut (2/3)
    Strength: Overpower (1/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

The last power slot can be w/e ya want.

Slots in Unstoppable and uses the Melee DPS role when dps-ing, and uses Invuln + the Tank_Hybrid role instead when tanking. For the attacks, it does largely the same things as the previous build, but when tanking you'll want to use Defense Combo more often to put up Challenge and utilize its dmg shield. For dps, it gears mostly for Str, w/ some Con and Rec. For tanking, switch the main gearing focus from Str to Con instead.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    In the 1st build i choose unstoppable but what happen if i desire replace shockwave for an active offense like aggresor, and replace that shockwave for a device like fist of compliance?
    edited May 2021
    Okay, but if you choose Unstoppable then keep in mind that you'll be a dps unit and not a tank then (and you'll prob want to use the Melee dps role, instead of Hybrid). I prob wouldn't get an Active Offense, either way, since it doesn't have much uptime and its dmg bonus is affected by diminishing returns (maybe an Ultimate could be better). The device could somewhat replace Shockwave, but Shockwave doesn't have a cd, while I think that you'd have a 1-min cd on the device. It's up to you, though, as there's a few different ways to handle AoE here.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    If the goal is to be able to switch between tank and dps, you're best off taking two passives, one a defensive passive you use in tank role, one an offensive passive you use in melee role. It can be handy to gear swap at the same time, with your dps gear giving offensive stats (here, strength) and tank gear giving con (note that a tank still wants *some* offense; a reasonable minimal choice is to have your dps primary offense be strength and gambler's mods, your tank primary offense constitution and confront, and then your other gear might stay relatively constant. If you're willing to do the Onslaught grind also swap secondary offense; Slicer gloves with Strength in dps, Defender gloves with Constitution in tank).
    Actually with unstoppable in dps role and catastrophic pummeling like ultimate testing that build, with agressor in active offense dmg not up?
    edited May 2021
    Yea, Panta gave some good gearing advice if you go w/ a dual passive setup.
    Actually with unstoppable in dps role and catastrophic pummeling like ultimate testing that build, with agressor in active offense dmg not up?
    Yes, damage would go up w/ all of that (for the Ult its more about boosting group dps via Overpower), but Aggressor isn't adding that much to it (due to the DR on dmg bonuses and low uptime). You can still take it if you really want it, but Active Offenses like that generally aren't strong picks for dps builds (unless maybe you really value the Hold break-free effect).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    For some never publicly explained reason the current Dev team has decided they don't like Active Offenses. Instead of just removing them from the game, they have nerfed their effectiveness to near pointlessness in most cases. To my mind, the only one that is still useful across builds is Imbue, but the trick to that one is to get the most bereft from it you have to activate it when you are down a good number of hit points. You are probably better served by taking a self rez power rather than an AO.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Yea, Panta gave some good gearing advice if you go w/ a dual passive setup.
    Yes, damage would go up w/ all of that (for the Ult its more about boosting group dps via Overpower), but Aggressor isn't adding that much to it (due to the DR on dmg bonuses and low uptime). You can still take it if you really want it, but Active Offenses like that generally aren't strong picks for dps builds (unless maybe you really value the Hold break-free effect).

Yes, I already have this in mind in terms of gears and had considered those possibilities, especially the Onslaught. As for the active offense, I will keep in mind what you advise. Thanks for the feedback!!