test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Relentless Pursuit may not hit target.

subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
edited May 2021 in Gameplay Bugs
I was using Relentless Pursuit (new single blade dps power) at Teleiosaurus today. It would only deal damage if I was directly behind or directly in front of Teleiosaurus. The power would activate and could be maintained but would deal no damage when attacking from the side. All other melee DPS around me were able to deal damage just fine. Not sure if the innate lunge on the power causes some funky hitbox issue.
Post edited by subjust on

Comments

• kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    You're out of range. The power will continue to maintain even if out of range once activated, but deal no damage until you get back to 10ft.​​
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Many cylinders are able to activate while out of range and will do no damage (gauntlet chainsaw is notorious for that), this is probably the same bug.
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    Just did a few follow up test. It does not damage the Unknowable One in the rampage and it does not damage Qwyjibo cosmic. It does damage Kiga but seemed unreliable. It worked just fine on kiga's dogs. I was as close as I could possibly be on each of these fights. Relentless Pursuit was my only power to have this issue.

I'll have to retcon it out it isn't usable for cosmics as is.
    Post edited by subjust on
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    People worried about this already, the problem is their hit box on such big targets being not on their feet and legs basically.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Many cylinders are able to activate while out of range and will do no damage (gauntlet chainsaw is notorious for that), this is probably the same bug.

Sounds like the devs need to hop in and get rid of cylinder based powers?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    The same result has been replicated every time I’ve taken this power to cosmics. Any chance this will get a fix?
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited May 2021
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Sounds like the devs need to hop in and get rid of cylinder based powers?

It's not a serious problem for ranged cylinders, but eliminating melee cylinders would probably be a good plan. However, it's not the problem with relentless pursuit. I think the problem with relentless pursuit is that lunge sometimes doesn't take you far enough forward.
    This power is single target, it isn’t a cylinder.