Install Arc

Release Notes 4/15/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
Foxbatcon
  • This event has been extended a week.

Powers
New Power: Relentless Pursuit
  • Single Blade
  • Single target maintain. Lunges a short distance and roots targets while maintaining.
  • Advantage (2): Increases the base damage of this power for every time it's fully maintained (up to a certain amount).
​​

Comments

• decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Foxbatcon
    ​​

Why?

I mean, sure, OK, no complaint, but you usually do this when something was broken and people lost an opportunity. Was something broken that I missed (besides the short-lived bugged Defender mission not paying off...I wouldn't figure you'd do it over a lost 11 Foxbat currency)?

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    Does cartoon fenny exist?

• sepheliussephelius Posts: 30 Arc User

Powers
    • Single Blade
    • Single target maintain. Lunges a short distance and roots targets while maintaining.
    • Advantage (2): Increases the base damage of this power for every time it's fully maintained (up to a certain amount).
    ​​

Guess my suggestions fell on deaf ears. Was hoping this to be an AoE and the with an Adv more focus on bleeds or wounded targets, but who uses Single Blade anyways.

• whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    From playing around with Relentless Pursuit in PTS imo it's...fine.

Could have been better if it had a Mow 'Em Down advantage like TGM or Assault Rifle. Or started as AOE and Advantaged to deal more dmg to single targets like Micro Munitions w/ Alpha Strike.

As is it's an alternate play style for Single blade from Combo+Charge attacks. Damage looks comparable to Reaper's Embrace without any bleed Ruptures.

The 15 ft lunge, while ok in most situations, could be frustrating in boss fights and cosmics where it messes with your positioning and can drag you into boss cleave range, or push other players out of the melee mosh pit.
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    Foxbatcon
    ​​

Why?

I mean, sure, OK, no complaint, but you usually do this when something was broken and people lost an opportunity. Was something broken that I missed (besides the short-lived bugged Defender mission not paying off...I wouldn't figure you'd do it over a lost 11 Foxbat currency)?

If I had to guess, they usually release new lockboxes shortly after new keypacks or flashback events, so my guess would be they were planning on releasing a new lockbox soon but its not ready yet, hence they extend they event a week. Not complaining, Foxbatcon is one of the best events, there's sooooo much cool stuff to collect.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Ha. I was one day off on the skate board.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Foxbatcon
    ​​

Why?
    I suspect it was always intended to be three weeks, it has been in the past.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Foxbatcon
    ​​

Why?

APRIL FOOL'S!!!!!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    Foxbatcon
    ​​

Why?

They fixed the Foxbat Photo mission offered by Defender to give proper currency, and they added the Wrecker AT to the event store... either of which may explain why they extended the event.
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    > @decorumfriends said:
    > Why?
    >
    > I mean, sure, OK, no complaint, but you usually do this when something was broken and people lost an opportunity. Was something broken that I missed (besides the short-lived bugged Defender mission not paying off...I wouldn't figure you'd do it over a lost 11 Foxbat currency)?

Seeing how getting foxbat currency feels like finding water in the Sahara, I'd say a more apt question is WHY is the event not 3 weeks by default? It's only around once a year and unlike the patriot event it has way more stuff to work for.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    n8mcd wrote: »
    ... and they added the Wrecker AT to the event store...

Thanks! This has my attention, now! I need that one for my freebie second account. :)

'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Powers
    • Single Blade

I mean, that's a very nice power and welcomed! I love Single Blade powerframe but i really feel the Unrevamped Powerframed needs more new powers and help, not to mention more synergies between powerframes which are lacking

From my testing it's pretty good Alternative Single target DPS compared to Bleed+Reaper's Embrace
    However I do hope that in the future we gonna get a Spinning Kick power, using the spinning kick animation frame taken from the Devastating Kick ultimate! Since I see Vorpal Blade's animation was used for Relentless Pursuit

Kick should have their own tier of DPS powers by now, not being stuck only on Utility+Dodge​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    1. That's not a real skate board On hoverboard 😒. No TP?
    2. I notice only one material on weapon skins 🙄
    3. Foxbat event way to boring. I can't I just can't unlock more than 2 things. 😴
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    3. Foxbat event way to boring. I can't I just can't unlock more than 2 things. 😴

I've no idea what this is trying to say?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

I've no idea what this is trying to say?

Think he/she not likes the event and can't get him-/herself over it to play to unlock things.

Not every event needs to be a big adventure in my eyes and this is good as it is. Simply and quick, leaving you time to do other things and not have to over grind it like other events can be.

Simple for @metalheart, not like it, not play it. Critic is one thing, just saying you not like it not gives any good depth in how it could get made better.
    edited April 2021
    I never said I didn't like the event I said it's BORING ASF. The whole aspect of finding the ten Foxbats and collecting the stolen swag is a huge snore.

Even for the second week where we are tasked to do Foxbats Errands it's easy but it's still too boring to do. And it's a shame because the Store has decent items.

They could Add a new mission. Where we have to fight a swarm of Foxbat wanna be's like in StE. Idk... just brainstorming.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    See, I actually I agree here,
    You could have taken this as opportunity to add more Lore and Missions related to Foxbat to Develop his character and tell us a new story about his misadventures! It doesn't have to lead to an epic battle... even thought I have been requesting to give Foxbat a Mecha... that would be a nice open mission

Foxbat could try new gimmicks every year!
    • Foxbat gets a Mecha and fights Bootleg Godzilla
    • Foxbat becomes a Kamen Rider
    • Foxbat gets an existential crisis

That's the problem with CO's events in general compared to other MMORPGS, they never expand beyond on adding just 2-4 new costumes in the store! They stagnate

and Foxbat being the worst of them since it was the event that normilized the event design go find x amount of Foxbat cosplayers, gifts, cats e.t.c

Even if it's one of those Events which you do once per day and then forget until the next day​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I can agree to this for lore, yet I rather have this in other things and events that seem more core wise like anniversary and bring Dr. D to the picture finally. I mean Foxbat as much I love, it is still April's Fools, nothing anyone will take serious at all.

And I rather have a calm boring event in between then having to make the game be a second job. We got enough events, especially at the start of the year, it burns you out simply and not leaves time for other content often which often is already abandoned.

Maybe instead of make new stuff, how about make stuff limited and changed like High is similar, change certain missions and open missions to fit the ongoing event instead. You know, outside of MC also, to not make all sit in one Zone as we do already all day. And not Alerts are not good content, at least if they not stick out like the Nighthawk one. While Alerts like High Noon are just another Smash.
  • FOXBATTLEMECH!!!