test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Psion Envoy (Telepathy Build)

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited April 2021 in Builds and Roles
Hi All

Now that the other builds have been updated, I can now focus on the new build been planning for a while. The build will have a heavy aim of "Enemy Manipulation" such as CC, debuffing, and healing.

However the main attack powers (1/2/3) will likely have a more DPS role to them, this is why I have TK Strike as my main attack (I may add TK Burst to replace Sprites for the extra damage IF I need the DPS boost)

The passive I wanted to go for CoS for the DoT effects, as, besides the main attack, I wish to try and make Telepathy Tree the main focus here, while I chuold go for a full Telepathic build, I do find the starting powers from the TK Tree, much easier to control. (Due to Mind Blast and the others is not quite as strong I'd like them to be)

With this main aim for Telepathy. I've gone for the DoT powers, such as "Shadow of Doubt" and others (I may have to switch a few powers around). I've also gone for the new power I unlocked rather recently "Mind Drain" for my main Heal (besides Resruge for my AD). So I may not need to go for another heal, I have gone with End Rush, as I find it is much stronger than Conviction, as my past builds are having issues with it. (I'll get to this later)

I have my AD/Form and EU Sorted. For the rest of the powers I'm not too sure, but to not leave the build with open power spots, I've slapped in Mind Link for my Ult and
Mind Control (I do like Mind Control fitting)

Picked out the SS and Tels that should fit the build nicely, but unsure on SS. all is subject to change of course to make the build stronger.

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
v3.44:36

Super Stats
Level 6: Ego (Primary)
Level 10: Intelligence (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Radiant (Int: 10, Ego: 10, Pre: 10, Rec: 8)
Level 6: Academics (Int: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 9: Worldly (Ego: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Negotiator (Int: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
Level 18: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
Level 21: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Kinetic Darts
Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Rank 2, Stressed Out)
Level 6: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
Level 8: Ego Sprites (Rank 2, Slave Mentality)
Level 11: Congress of Selves
Level 14: Shadow of Doubt (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 20: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Mind Control (Rank 2, Bewilder)
Level 26: Endorphin Rush (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 29: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 32: Telekinetic Reverberation
Level 35: Mental Precision
Level 38: Mind Link
Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Swift Skating
Level 35: Mind Blink

Specializations

Devices

Any suggestion and such or changes are great, there's rarely any builds that uses Telepathy and wanna see if I can make use out of them.
Psi.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Well, when I told you that TK was a better overall for dps, I didn't mean just cherry-picking certain powers w/ it. TK's heavy-hitters mostly come from building up and consuming Ego Leech stacks (EBA, TK Lance), so just taking a lower-dps ELeech builder like TK Strike will not give you good personal dps if you attach TP powers on top (esp the DoTs, which mostly are for debuffing than for dps, save maybe for MStorm which is good at both). I'd also skip over CoS as the passive and just take Ego Form, which is more versatile for a Mentalist build. I think the build may be better suited to just using Ego Blast as the filler and taking TP Reverb. Here's an example TP build that still has decent of group utility in debuffs, background healing, and CC:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 9: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 15: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener)
    Level 6: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 11: Mental Leech
    Level 14: Mental Precision
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 23: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 26: Shadow of Doubt
    Level 29: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 24/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Dominion (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (2/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (1/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentinel: Torment (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (2/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Overseer: Conservation (1/2)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

I opted for Conviction here since you'll have a good crit rate w/ this setup.

Other powers that could be useful to add in here, depending on your goals or priorities, are: Ego Sprites, Ego Storm, TK Maelstrom, Summon Nightmares, Mind Drain, TK Shards, TK Wave (w/ pull-in adv), Psychic Vortex w/ adv, a self-res, and Mental Impact. You could even add Mind Control if you really wanted it.

It uses the DoTs when they are off cd, taps Sleep to help w/ debuffing and procing stuff, and otherwise fills time w/ Ego Blast (and if you took Ego Sprites, then you can stack them x2 in AoE). Sleep and MStorm can be charged if you want more CC power from them, but this will lower your own dps. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Pres and Con.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    flowcyto wrote: »
    Well, when I told you that TK was a better overall for dps, I didn't mean just cherry-picking certain powers w/ it. TK's heavy-hitters mostly come from building up and consuming Ego Leech stacks (EBA, TK Lance), so just taking a lower-dps ELeech builder like TK Strike will not give you good personal dps if you attach TP powers on top (esp the DoTs, which mostly are for debuffing than for dps, save maybe for MStorm which is good at both). I'd also skip over CoS as the passive and just take Ego Form, which is more versatile for a Mentalist build. I think the build may be better suited to just using Ego Blast as the filler and taking TP Reverb.

Oh, I see yeah, I did not intend to try cheery pick them, what I wanted to try, was to have the main structure of the build being TK and then having the rest of the powers being aimed at DoT/Telepathy. But I can try a more purely TP Build to see how works.

As for CoS Vs Ego Form, I assume that Ego Form is a lot stronger?, as I'm curious to see what the new Passive for the TP Tree is about, given it's aimed at DoT.
    I opted for Conviction here since you'll have a good crit rate w/ this setup.

Other powers that could be useful to add in here, depending on your goals or priorities, are: Ego Sprites, Ego Storm, TK Maelstrom, Summon Nightmares, Mind Drain, TK Shards, TK Wave (w/ pull-in adv), Psychic Vortex w/ adv, a self-res, and Mental Impact. You could even add Mind Control if you really wanted it.

It uses the DoTs when they are off cd, taps Sleep to help w/ debuffing and procing stuff, and otherwise fills time w/ Ego Blast (and if you took Ego Sprites, then you can stack them x2 in AoE). Sleep and MStorm can be charged if you want more CC power from them, but this will lower your own dps. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Pres and Con.

I'll look into what I can do
    Psi.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I'm not sure if it's an issue still but, I thought, someone on the forums had said CoS is broken and only the first tick of the Telepathy DoTs were getting the bonus damage. I haven't tested it myself.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Or the damage resistance debuff was only working for the first tic of DoT damage. Can't remember for sure..
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    This is my mostly TP build. He also has a Psionic Accelerator (so very in theme for a TP build that it is really a MUST HAVE). Can solo the QWZ with no problems. Pretty clicky, but that's a nice change of pace from a 1-2 button mash build.

Night Warrior is another possibility instead of Ego Form.

Irresistible Rogue 4 - Freeform (Ranged Damage)

Super Stats
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Psi Lash
    Level 8: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 11: Chilled Form
    Level 14: Mental Leech (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Mental Impact (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Fiery Embrace
    Level 32: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Dimensional Collapse (Rank 2, Glimpse of the Abyss)
    Level 38: Shadow of Doubt
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Arcane Flight

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited April 2021
    Oh, I see yeah, I did not intend to try cheery pick them, what I wanted to try, was to have the main structure of the build being TK and then having the rest of the powers being aimed at DoT/Telepathy. But I can try a more purely TP Build to see how works.
    Eh, you could mix, say, TK Strike and TK Lance, and then throw in MStorm on top for the Stress debuff and extra dmg, but you'd have to be w/in 50ft to use MStorm (or any of the other TP DoTs). You could also maybe keep MLeech for the extra heal, but I may not put much more TP in there than that, in that case (unless you also wanted to roll spec debuffs w/ Sleep to make it more of a support-ish build). For exmaple:

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 9: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Telekinetic Strike (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
    Level 8: Mental Precision
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Telekinetic Burst (Rank 2, Sudden Impact)
    Level 17: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 20: Telekinetic Lance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Mental Storm (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Mental Leech (Rank 2)
    Level 29: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 32: Ego Surge (Nimble Mind)
    Level 35:
    Level 38: Mental Impact (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Adv. Points: 33/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

The last 2-3 powers can be w/e ya want.

Plays more like a normal ranged TK build. It alternates between TK Strike and TK Lance for single-targets, while using MStorm on cd for Stress. TK Burst can be your main AoE, and MLeech can also be thrown in if you want. You could also exchange Siphoning Strikes on TK Strike for R3, if you want to swap the self-healing to more dmg from it. Gears mostly for Dex, w/ some Con and Rec.
    Or the damage resistance debuff was only working for the first tic of DoT damage. Can't remember for sure..
    It used to be that way, iirc. From brief testing on the regen dummies w/ the DoTs and CoS , it seems like now only the first 10% -resist from R1 works (and on all DoT ticks), but not any of the further 10-20% -resist gained from R2-R3. So it seems like it was only partly fixed, I guess. Still doesn't help the passive's case, ofc.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    edited April 2021
    Alright so this topic blew up quickly, but onto the builds at hand.

Both Flow and Jazz have given roughly the same build but the SS/Specs & Tals are different

Flow:

Super Stats

Talents

VS

Jazz:

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 12: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 21: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)

By the looks of things, Jazz's setup seems to be heavily focused on DPS. while only leaving some Survivability and Energy Management (lack of Con/Rec). While Flow's is the balance in-between, Survivability and Energy Management with some focus on DPS. am I assuming that correctly?.

Myself, I'll always pick Survivability and Energy Management over glass canonizing, but I'm curious to see the differences here. As for another thing is there any differences in terms of SoD/ML powers, besides just their visual?. (One is more of a clam bolt and the other looks like a sharp blurry attack)

Lastly, did some quick testing and I do think I'll stick with the TP Aim, rather then TK, Ego Blast does quite nice amount of damage if used right.
    Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
    Mine is a mix of dps and some cc.

If you get the Psionic Accelerator you will never have trouble with survivability in general content (unless you play with your eyes shut and hands wrapped in duct tape). Many people seem to think that lots of Con is the only way to survive. CCing a bunch of mooks and knocking them out one-by-one or in small groups is an equally viable way to survive. You just need to be willing to try a different approach and really work at it to build up a new skill set.

Energy will NOT be an issue in either build once you get to higher levels and have better Utility gear (toggle form stat should be over 500 and 550 is very nice). You often seem to worry about energy management, so I am unsure how many of your builds you take to 40, properly stat and properly gear, and see how easy it is at that point. Energy management is an extremely tedious issue while leveling some builds, but should really never be an issue at end game.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited April 2021
    Alright so this topic blew up quickly, but onto the builds at hand.

Both Flow and Jazz have given roughly the same build but the SS/Specs & Tals are different
    Whoah there, if you mean my TP build then you quoted the wrong stats for it. It was PRES/Dex/Con (earlier in the thread). The DEX/Rec/Con setup was for the more TK-based build (which isn't really comparable to the TP builds, and you just said that you didn't want a TK base). My earlier TP build was more focused on debuffing than anything, as I also took Pres PSS for Vuln and Sentinel spec for Wither + Sentinel Mastery. Con SS is also not mandatory for it either; you could replace that SS for a different one, depending on your priorities.

But yeah, you can certainly count CC'ing mobs as a form of a survival boost- at least against CC-able things.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Mine is a mix of dps and some cc.

If you get the Psionic Accelerator you will never have trouble with survivability in general content (unless you play with your eyes shut and hands wrapped in duct tape). Many people seem to think that lots of Con is the only way to survive. CCing a bunch of mooks and knocking them out one-by-one or in small groups is an equally viable way to survive. You just need to be willing to try a different approach and really work at it to build up a new skill set.

Energy will NOT be an issue in either build once you get to higher levels and have better Utility gear (toggle form stat should be over 500 and 550 is very nice). You often seem to worry about energy management, so I am unsure how many of your builds you take to 40, properly stat and properly gear, and see how easy it is at that point. Energy management is an extremely tedious issue while leveling some builds, but should really never be an issue at end game.

My thanks then, I'll look in what I can do with each one.

Whoah there, if you mean my TP build then you quoted the wrong stats for it..

I fixed it :s

But yeah, you can certainly count CC'ing mobs as a form of a survival boost- at least against CC-able things.

Likewise, I'll ping pong around, see what suits best.
    Psi.
    Hi So (a bit delayed but what can you do)

I've gone for the setup that Flow went for as I do enjoy the minor support it has for allies in the team, so I've gone for this way for the build. Most of the build is un-changed with the exception that I've gone for Ego Sprites for the extra DoT/Heal spam.

Now I do have a qeastion: Is there any differences in terms of SoD/ML?, as I feel I think I'll only need one of them.

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 6: Ego Sprites (Rank 2, Slave Mentality)
    Level 8: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 14: Shadow of Doubt (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares, Nailed to the Ground)
    Level 23: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Deplete)
    Level 26: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 29: Mental Precision
    Level 32: Resurgence
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 30/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

Last 2 powers I'm not too sure yet, but I may ditch a power or two, to make more room for others, but still time to test, now is it vital for Ego Sleep to be added into the build or can it be replaced by the other listed, such as Shards for a Stun, etc.
    Psi.
    edited April 2021
    Now I do have a qeastion: Is there any differences in terms of SoD/ML?, as I feel I think I'll only need one of them.
    MLeech is prob better overall cause of the extra healing it provides. SoD's debuff is pretty good, but there are other dmg-lowering debuffs available (Ego Sleep w/ adv can apply both Disorient and Fear), and I wouldn't put it as a high priority.
    Last 2 powers I'm not too sure yet, but I may ditch a power or two, to make more room for others, but still time to test, now is it vital for Ego Sleep to be added into the build or can it be replaced by the other listed, such as Shards for a Stun, etc.
    I'd say that Ego Sleep is quite good for the build overall, in that it can proc many of the spec-related debuffs here (as well as helping proc the toggle/form and EU, ofc). MStorm can do that too, but MStorm has a cd as well, so it's nice to have another source for better debuff uptime overall.
    edited April 2021
    MLeech is prob better overall cause of the extra healing it provides. SoD's debuff is pretty good, but there are other dmg-lowering debuffs available (Ego Sleep w/ adv can apply both Disorient and Fear), and I wouldn't put it as a high priority.

I'll likely go for MLeech then over SoD, due to the extra heal to save some space up for other dmg-lowering debuffs.

I'd say that Ego Sleep is quite good for the build overall, in that it can proc many of the spec-related debuffs here (as well as helping proc the toggle/form and EU, ofc). MStorm can do that too, but MStorm has a cd as well, so it's nice to have another source for better debuff uptime overall.

Very well then, I'll take a look

Psi.
    So did a bit of play-testing and I found that spamming Ego Placate (no cooldown/no charge) is quite effective over the Ego Sleep, Yes I do lose an AoE effect and partly the helping of proc the toggle/form and EU (and some of the specs).

MStrom already does that and Ego Sleep still has a cooldown, so I've gone for such, only tiny thing I'll need to do is make sure I attack with MStrom first to porc my goodies, then start Placating Targets for the extra damage from Mind Opener, but that's doable for me. (This also frees up some more space as I have also got rid of Ego Spites, as I don't need the extra heal, as I already got 4 ways of healing (ML/Mind Drain/Sentinel Aura and my AD)

I'm not too sure on what else powers to have, most Ults are quite demanding in Energy, I'll have to toy with other types of powers.

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 6: Mental Leech (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Ego Placate (Svengali's Guile)
    Level 17: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Deplete)
    Level 23:
    Level 26:
    Level 32: Mental Precision
    Level 35: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 26/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Arcane Flight
    Level 35:

Specializations

Devices

Now an small qeastion, will I be able to get away with replacing Con with Int or End (to help) with Energy and Cool-downs? (and just make sure my Gear and SS reflect on Con) as I have quite alot of ways to heal (and healing is stronger, due to my PSS) or will it be ideal to go for Ego?.

Not too sure if Int/End is good for Telepathic Builds
    Psi.
    edited April 2021
    Eh, Placate isn't going to proc the majority of the same debuffs that Sleep can (basically just Disorient). Sure, there's no cd on it (and I guess there's some potential for the refresh adv), but Placate can't really replace Sleep as a debuff tool (and it should be pretty easy to proc TP Reverb, regardless). Also, even though Sleep does have a cd like MStorm, MStorm alone cannot roll most debuffs cause it's cd is generally too long; you weave in Sleep as well so you have overall higher uptime of the debuffs than you would w/ just using MStorm (esp against higher-ranked targets).

It would also be nice to add back in the Sprites- not so much for the extra heal adv, but more so you have a decent AoE attack that you can stack twice on top of everything else. You could replace it w/ another AoE attack, perhaps, but I prob wouldn't just drop it w/o a suitable replacement AoE.

And yea, you could replace Con SS, if you want. Having a larger maxHP pool for all the self-healing can be nice, but you don't necessarily need Con SS here either. The effect of the stat that you replace it with prob won't amount to much, since it won't be a focus stat here, but something like Rec or Int SS could help w/ energy a small bit (cost discount rating on gear can also help w/ that).
    edited April 2021
    What Flow said. You could even take Ego as SS (don't put talents or mods into it because of the cap at 70). You can take Growth mods for more HP. You should go to PTS and grab a Psionic Accelerator. Once you use one you will wonder why you don't have one on every build.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
    Eh, Placate isn't going to proc the majority of the same debuffs that Sleep can (basically just Disorient). Sure, there's no cd on it (and I guess there's some potential for the refresh adv), but Placate can't really replace Sleep as a debuff tool (and it should be pretty easy to proc TP Reverb, regardless). Also, even though Sleep does have a cd like MStorm, MStorm alone cannot roll most debuffs cause it's cd is generally too long; you weave in Sleep as well so you have overall higher uptime of the debuffs than you would w/ just using MStorm (esp against higher-ranked targets).

Hum, you mentioned how MStrom can't roll most debuffs alone, but it can -still- porc them right?, so I assume that MStrom by itself won't be as reliable or efficient on its own and having another way of producing the Specs & TP Reverb will be more ideal? If that's the case, outside of Sleep, is there another power that can also porc them?.

Cuz if this is the case then I'll be fine with just sticking with MStrom, as most lower rank targets die by teammates or lower DPS powers alone. But I'll see what others power work with. As well, I can help the CD if I go with Int (tho I wish I knew how much % Int cuts down a cooldown cost)
    What Flow said. You could even take Ego as SS (don't put talents or mods into it because of the cap at 70). You can take Growth mods for more HP. You should go to PTS and grab a Psionic Accelerator. Once you use one you will wonder why you don't have one on every build.

Alright then, I do believe I have a Psionic Accelerator somewhere, but I think it's a Drifter Item, so will have to grab some salvage. I'll keep an eye on the cap then. Given what Flow said I think I'll put Int as my other 2nd SS, given that Ego Sleep and or MStrom is the majority of the debuffs that can porc and that on shorter cooldown will be nice if I will be putting in MStrom as well.

Psi.
    Alright then, not sure why I wasn't able to post for a few moments there, but seems its fixed.
    Psi.
    edited April 2021
    Hum, you mentioned how MStrom can't roll most debuffs alone, but it can -still- porc them right?, so I assume that MStrom by itself won't be as reliable or efficient on its own and having another way of producing the Specs & TP Reverb will be more ideal? If that's the case, outside of Sleep, is there another power that can also porc them?.

Cuz if this is the case then I'll be fine with just sticking with MStrom, as most lower rank targets die by teammates or lower DPS powers alone. But I'll see what others power work with. As well, I can help the CD if I go with Int (tho I wish I knew how much % Int cuts down a cooldown cost)
    You could get another hold power, sure. Sleep is nice cause it procs many debuffs for the build (and it an be tapped if you just want to put it up quickly on one target) and it fits in w/ TP, but you could get a paralyze from somewhere else, if you really want (maybe try Darkness' Grasping Shadows? It can also hold in an AoE and help proc Mental Precision by putting up Fear). I still wouldn't stick w/ just MStorm, either way. Also, is there any reason in particular that you don't want to use Sleep? You keep pushing back against it, and I'm not clear as to why.

Int SS won't cut down on the cd that much here, mainly cause you won't be gearing that much (or at all) for it anyways, but you could SS it if you really wanted to (or take Rec SS, or Ego SS as Jaaz mentioned for a bit more dmg).

Btw, you can also potentially buy a Psionic Accel device on the AH or via trading w/ another player (assuming you liked it from testing it out on the PTS). You don't necc have to get it via spending Salvage.
    edited April 2021
    [Dual Post]
    Psi.

You could get another hold power, sure. Sleep is nice cause it procs many debuffs for the build (and it an be tapped if you just want to put it up quickly on one target) and it fits in w/ TP, but you could get a paralyze from somewhere else, if you really want (maybe try Darkness' Grasping Shadows? It can also hold in an AoE and help proc Mental Precision by putting up Fear). I still wouldn't stick w/ just MStorm, either way. Also, is there any reason in particular that you don't want to use Sleep? You keep pushing back against it, and I'm not clear as to why.

I push against useing Ego Sleep due to I'm not particular fond of the power itself, even with pervoius builds I tired to build in the past it always felt far too finicky to use and setup, I prefer the type of powers that porc an effect (outside of Specializations) right away, rather then having to say put a target on hold, then need to damage them to porc their passive power (in this case disorientated). Tho, this goes for other games too, not just inside of CO (Destiny 2 and Warframe have certain powers that you need to trigger then do another) Just boils down to muscle memory, that I suck at.

Hope that makes sense, but in hindsight I should be fine with getting another power (or even a hold power) that can porc the needed procs (such as one you listed) or even an Hold (Ego hold). etc. I'll make sure MStrom isn't my only procer power.

Int SS won't cut down on the cd that much here, mainly cause you won't be gearing that much (or at all) for it anyways, but you could SS it if you really wanted to (or take Rec SS, or Ego SS as Jaaz mentioned for a bit more dmg).

Btw, you can also potentially buy a Psionic Accel device on the AH or via trading w/ another player (assuming you liked it from testing it out on the PTS). You don't necc have to get it via spending Salvage.

I see, I was curious on how much Int SS whuold effect cooldown, but I'll test it in the PH (thus what I'm doing with all builds ,testing and then once build is complete and done I leave the PH and only return if something is royalty screwd)

As for Psi Accel, I'll have a look, I forgot they can be sold/brought that way.

Psi.
    edited April 2021
    Eh, Ego Sleep can be broken by any dmg that's not from a TP DoT, and it can proc TP Reverb w/o breaking the sleep, but I guess that I understand where you're coming from a bit. You would mainly want it for bosses, since trash tends to not last that long either way, some of the debuffs will have a reduced duration vs. bosses, and most bosses will automatically break the sleep anyways by being CC-immune (or at least, highly resistant to CC). Getting a different hold power to fill a similar role is fine, though. Even getting a single-target hold or incapacitate as a replacement could work for rolling debuffs on bosses (and there's many of those throughout the different powersets).
    Eh, Ego Sleep can be broken by any dmg that's not from a TP DoT, and it can proc TP Reverb w/o breaking the sleep, but I guess that I understand where you're coming from a bit. You would mainly want it for bosses, since trash tends to not last that long either way, some of the debuffs will have a reduced duration vs. bosses, and most bosses will automatically break the sleep anyways by being CC-immune (or at least, highly resistant to CC). Getting a different hold power to fill a similar role is fine, though. Even getting a single-target hold or incapacitate as a replacement could work for rolling debuffs on bosses (and there's many of those throughout the different powersets).

Righto, I'll see what I can get.

Psi.
    cryneting wrote: »
    I push against useing Ego Sleep due to I'm not particular fond of the power itself, even with pervoius builds I tired to build in the past it always felt far too finicky to use and setup, I prefer the type of powers that porc an effect (outside of Specializations) right away, rather then having to say put a target on hold, then need to damage them to porc their passive power (in this case disorientated).

This seems a bit of a strange criticism. If you fully charge it to hit a group of mooks you put them all to sleep and can then pick them off as you like. Against a boss who is most likely immune or very resistant you are going to follow up sleep with other powers that break it anyway. Now, maybe you don't like the look of the animation or the name of the power, but the mechanics do work very well. You ought to summon up your courage and take the build with sleep and psionic accelerator to the QWZ on PTS. After a little practice you will be surprised how easy it is to solo the place.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited April 2021

This seems a bit of a strange criticism. If you fully charge it to hit a group of mooks you put them all to sleep and can then pick them off as you like. Against a boss who is most likely immune or very resistant you are going to follow up sleep with other powers that break it anyway. Now, maybe you don't like the look of the animation or the name of the power, but the mechanics do work very well. You ought to summon up your courage and take the build with sleep and psionic accelerator to the QWZ on PTS. After a little practice you will be surprised how easy it is to solo the place.

Yeah, it was also due to the look of the animation or the name of the power, but imagination is powerful, so I guess it can be crossed off as some kind of other power (Yes I kown the irony behind this). On top of my already criticism, but I see your point!.

So however!, I have been giveing it some more play testing in the PH and some live testing in the battlefield summon thingy and after toying with Psionic Accelerator/Sleep Combo, it's perrty damm fun!, so I'll stick with Ego Sleep, cuz as Flow said it seems that ALL damage breaks Sleep (with some expectations). It might just be a visual bug but it seems MS doesn't break sleep?.

Now onto the build: I have changed the Con to Ego SS, as I do want more damage (kinda makes Psionic Accelerator insane), however due to the Stat change I feel I should swap my Stats around. Any ideas for the stats?

This is moreless an idea I have for the Stats, but I MIGHT be better off going for Ego PSS, let me kown, as I do enjoy the Ego PSS Much better in terms of damage and such, but I may stick with the Sentinel Tree four the minor support, so a bit of a mix.

Super Stats
    Level 10: Ego (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Hexslinger (Dex: 10, Int: 10, Ego: 10, Pre: 8)
    Level 6:
    Level 9:
    Level 12:
    Level 15:
    Level 18:
    Level 21:

Powers
    Level 14: Ego Sleep (Plagued by Nightmares)
    Level 23:
    Level 26:
    Level 32: Mental Precision
    Level 35: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 26/36

Travel Powers
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (1/2)
    Sentinel: Genesis (2/2)

Devices

This is the ult SS/Specs, etc. I am leaning towards more this one here, an mix of DPS and minor Support.

Specializations
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (1/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Overseer Aura (2/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)
    Psi.
    edited April 2021
    So however!, I have been giveing it some more play testing in the PH and some live testing in the battlefield summon thingy and after toying with Psionic Accelerator/Sleep Combo, it's perrty damm fun!, so I'll stick with Ego Sleep, cuz as Flow said it seems that ALL damage breaks Sleep (with some expectations). It might just be a visual bug but it seems MS doesn't break sleep?.
    MStorm counts as a TP DoT, so it won't break Sleep, yea (same goes w/ MLeech, SoD, and the Sprites).
    Now onto the build: I have changed the Con to Ego SS, as I do want more damage (kinda makes Psionic Accelerator insane), however due to the Stat change I feel I should swap my Stats around. Any ideas for the stats?

This is moreless an idea I have for the Stats, but I MIGHT be better off going for Ego PSS, let me kown, as I do enjoy the Ego PSS Much better in terms of damage and such, but I may stick with the Sentinel Tree four the minor support, so a bit of a mix.
    It's just up to you and what you want to emphasize w/ the build. More debuffs and healing/CC power (Pres PSS), or more personal dps (Ego PSS). It's a similar story w/ the specs, though if taking Sentinel spec then I'd max Wither (instead of Genesis) at least. You may also want to still get Sentinel Mastery for the Ego PSS setup, since it can be pretty strong healing, but the choice is ultimately up to you.

The build looks okay atm, though I may get another AoE attack. The Sprites are good for that, but if you don't like that power then you could get something else (like Ego Storm, or an AoE from TK or Darkness, etc). You should also fill out your Talents to match w/e stat setup you settle on (and maybe get some Rec to help w/ starter energy).
    MStorm counts as a TP DoT, so it won't break Sleep, yea (same goes w/ MLeech, SoD, and the Sprites).

Alright then, sounds good, but I just to clarify, cuz I am bit confused on something: TP Reverb is proc'd when I use an "Hold/Confuse or Disorient" Right?. What power is consider an "Hold" cuz I've always seen an hold as in, well, "Ego Hold" or "Grasping Shadows". I ask this cuz I've been useing Ego Sleep to break em out of Sleep to trigger the "Disorient" so it effects my TP Reverb,but I assume that Ego Sleep itself is considered as a "Hold" power, hence why I got confused why it didn't break sleep, now is that a good thing that it don't break sleep or do I need to break it?.

Cuz I've been banking on Ego Sleep/Placte for the Disorient effect only.

It's just up to you and what you want to emphasize w/ the build. More debuffs and healing/CC power (Pres PSS), or more personal dps (Ego PSS). It's a similar story w/ the specs, though if taking Sentinel spec then I'd max Wither (instead of Genesis) at least. You may also want to still get Sentinel Mastery for the Ego PSS setup, since it can be pretty strong healing, but the choice is ultimately up to you.

The build looks okay atm, though I may get another AoE attack. The Sprites are good for that, but if you don't like that power then you could get something else (like Ego Storm, or an AoE from TK or Darkness, etc). You should also fill out your Talents to match w/e stat setup you settle on (and maybe get some Rec to help w/ starter energy).

I'll have to see what Stats fit, I do like the idea of a quite strong healing, so I don't die a horrible death over purely DPS, but we'll see from there. Tho I chuold go for Ego PSS for DPS and then the rest, like Sentinel Mastery for the healing to try balance it out a little.

As for the build, yes I still yet to pick other 2 powers, just dotting down the core things first. I might likely go for Telekinetic Eruption or more better choice Maelstrom, or may go for Ego Storm, Other powers TK Nightmere for the other debuffs. I kown Mind Control will be in there tho.

Psi.
    edited April 2021
    Alright then, sounds good, but I just to clarify, cuz I am bit confused on something: TP Reverb is proc'd when I use an "Hold/Confuse or Disorient" Right?. What power is consider an "Hold" cuz I've always seen an hold as in, well, "Ego Hold" or "Grasping Shadows".
    'Holds" are generally Sleep, Paralyzes (sometimes just called 'holds'; ex. Ego Hold, Grasping Shadows, MStorm, Binding Shot), Incapacitates (which are maintained paralyzes; ex. Ego Choke, Ego Storm, Crippling Coils, Heat Wave), and Stuns.
    I ask this cuz I've been useing Ego Sleep to break em out of Sleep to trigger the "Disorient" so it effects my TP Reverb,but I assume that Ego Sleep itself is considered as a "Hold" power, hence why I got confused why it didn't break sleep, now is that a good thing that it don't break sleep or do I need to break it?.
    Unless you want to slowly kill trash mobs w/ just the TP DoTs when out solo, you'll likely be breaking Sleep w/ Ego Blast and w/e other non-DoT attacks you take. In groups, allies will very likely break your Sleep anyways w/ their own dmg, and bosses will pretty much auto-break it, so you're mostly taking Sleep for debuffing (and helping to proc TP Reverb and Mental Precision) and not so much for its CC effect here.
    I'll have to see what Stats fit, I do like the idea of a quite strong healing, so I don't die a horrible death over purely DPS, but we'll see from there. Tho I chuold go for Ego PSS for DPS and then the rest, like Sentinel Mastery for the healing to try balance it out a little.
    Alright. Just remember that your main stat is still Dex here, either way- as long as you're using Mental Precision as the toggle/form, that is. If taking Ego PSS, then you'll prob want to max Sixth Sense too.
    As for the build, yes I still yet to pick other 2 powers, just dotting down the core things first. I might likely go for Telekinetic Eruption or more better choice Maelstrom, or may go for Ego Storm, Other powers TK Nightmere for the other debuffs. I kown Mind Control will be in there tho.
    Eh, you really like Mind Control, huh? I wouldn't normally advise taking it, but you do have room for it if you really want it. By "TK Nightmere", do you mean Summon Nightmares in TP? Cause that's a decent option here (not technically an AoE, but it's still pretty nice). TK Maelstrom or Ego Storm w/ adv are prob the AoEs I'd suggest first (after the Sprites), but there's other good ones too.
    'Holds" are generally Sleep, Paralyzes (sometimes just called 'holds'; ex. Ego Hold, Grasping Shadows, MStorm, Binding Shot), Incapacitates (which are maintained paralyzes; ex. Ego Choke, Ego Storm, Crippling Coils, Heat Wave), and Stuns. Unless you want to slowly kill trash mobs w/ just the TP DoTs when out solo, you'll likely be breaking Sleep w/ Ego Blast and w/e other non-DoT attacks you take. In groups, allies will very likely break your Sleep anyways w/ their own dmg, and bosses will pretty much auto-break it, so you're mostly taking Sleep for debuffing (and helping to proc TP Reverb and Mental Precision) and not so much for its CC effect here.

Right, thanks for the clarification on that, was confusing for a while now. No I don;t really plan on slowly killing anything lol, that be a bad idea, but yes I'll be surely useing Ego Sleep and such, as I'm mostly in a Duo Team (unless I'm doing Alerts).

So thanks again.

Alright. Just remember that your main stat is still Dex here, either way- as long as you're using Mental Precision as the toggle/form, that is. If taking Ego PSS, then you'll prob want to max Sixth Sense too.

Eh, you really like Mind Control, huh? I wouldn't normally advise taking it, but you do have room for it if you really want it. By "TK Nightmere", do you mean Summon Nightmares in TP? Cause that's a decent option here (not technically an AoE, but it's still pretty nice). TK Maelstrom or Ego Storm w/ adv are prob the AoEs I'd suggest first (after the Sprites), but there's other good ones too.

Yeah I'll be keeping Dex as my SS regardless what I pick for the PSS, but I think I got an grip of what I'll go for. As for TK nightmare, yeah Summon Nightmares is what I meant. I'll toy around with the two AoEs what I'll grab.

Psi.
    So here is the final build: I've opt to going for more DPS like in Jazz's build with the Ego PSS, but my Specs/Tels roughly mirror my old one for the CC/Healing. I've kept the Sentinel Master for the Strong Heal as well, given I've removed Con from my build.

Sleep/Mstrom and I've opt going with Psychic Vortex for the AoE/Stun. Rest of the powers are unchanged. I was able to grab a Psionic Accelerator thanks to a pal. So that is hella fun to use.

Last power I'm not too sure about but I'll likely either go Self Res or a power that not needs Ranks. Or an Ult, I was thinking Master of the Mind but it buts AD/AOs on a cooldown (aka resruge). Tho more then likely a Self Res be more useful.

Super Stats

Talents
    Level 6: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Prodigy (Pre: 5, End: 5)
    Level 18: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 21: Daredevil (Ego: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 26: Psychic Vortex (Rank 2, Single Minded)
    Level 32: Telepathic Reverberation
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 35/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Arcane Flight (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Ego: Follow Through (2/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (1/3)

Devices
    Slot 1: Psionic Accelerator
    Slot 2: Viper Brainscrambler
    Slot 3: Vehicle Stub

I think I may have swapped around Moment of Need and Genesis around but not sure if thats an big impact or not, tho extra healing porb be better then a Cost Reduction
    Psi.
    edited April 2021
    Yea, I wouldn't take Master of the Mind. I also prob wouldn't prioritize ranking Mind Control. Although Psychic Vortex w/ adv is okay, the stun from it won't proc anything special since it counts as a separate entity. I'd prob take something like TK Maelstrom over it, or just get Ego Sprites again like in your original build (it's a good pbAoE DoT for TP builds since you can stack it twice, assuming you are still okay w/ it thematically).
    edited April 2021
    Yea, I wouldn't take Master of the Mind. I also prob wouldn't prioritize ranking Mind Control. Although Psychic Vortex w/ adv is okay, the stun from it won't proc anything special since it counts as a separate entity. I'd prob take something like TK Maelstrom over it, or just get Ego Sprites again like in your original build (it's a good pbAoE DoT for TP builds since you can stack it twice, assuming you are still okay w/ it thematically).

I'll likely go back to Ego Sprites or a more useful stun like TK Maelstrom, Ego Sprites is fine, just curious if there was a better choice. I'll stay clear from Master of the Mind. Tho looking at Ego Storm, it seems useing it's adv makes the cost higher and removes Cirt damage, so that's a shame.

Other then that Telekinetic Eruption might be ideal to get melee units away from me, the Advs seem nice on it too. Or perhaps Dimensional Collapse will toy with each one, see what fits.

Thanks again for the help
    Psi.
    edited April 2021
    Yea, you don't necessarily have to the get the MM adv on Ego Storm if you're fine w/ channeling it yourself (it will put up debuffs then, since the attack will come from you and not as a separate entity). I prob wouldn't get TK Eruption, either way, since you typically don't want to scatter enemies wide. You could avoid the scatter KB by not charging it, though in that case you'd be taking it more for its defensive advs (and knockdown) than for the dmg of the power itself. DCollapse could also be a good pick (the Root adv can help proc Trapped, and the Fear adv can also make it work w/ Mental Precision).
    To improve your dps, the last power should be Mental Impact.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited April 2021
    Yea, you don't necessarily have to the get the MM adv on Ego Storm if you're fine w/ channeling it yourself (it will put up debuffs then, since the attack will come from you and not as a separate entity). I prob wouldn't get TK Eruption, either way, since you typically don't want to scatter enemies wide. You could avoid the scatter KB by not charging it, though in that case you'd be taking it more for its defensive advs (and knockdown) than for the dmg of the power itself. DCollapse could also be a good pick (the Root adv can help proc Trapped, and the Fear adv can also make it work w/ Mental Precision).

Yeah ECollapse was decent in testing as well, Ego Strom not so much, I rather have a click and forget, but I did have a toy around with Hex of Suffering, Stun/Fear Proc (while root is procing trapped) I think an Stun is more useful then a Root, as it shuts downs enemies for a brief moment, so they can't attack, while a root only slows em. I went for Accel Meta on it as well, due to useing the TP as mostly an Visual Effect. In case you wonder.

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 26: Hex of Suffering (Rune of Dismay, Rune of Terror, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 38: Fiery Embrace

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices

As for Mind Control, while not best Interest to rank/adv Mind Control, the extra Disorient trigger and being able to put a low mob out for 10 secs, is quite reliable (and its very fun to have someone on your side taking damage). As I am useing MC as a "distraction" tool I chuold go for Rank 3 in it for the 14 secs. But the Adv is useful for higher mobs, due to it porcs EU.
    Psi.

I'll see if I can replace it with the Self Res, tho MI is quite power hungry
    Psi.

I'll see if I can replace it with the Self Res, tho MI is quite power hungry

There's that always present concern about energy! By the time you are geared at lvl 40 you should have 2 Utility pieces that give you 400%+ cost reduction and Insight should give you a decent reduction as well. If you stack your toggle SS you should be getting at least 60 energy from that. The only time energy might be an issue is in Alerts that drag you down to lvl 30.

Personally, I'd take MI over Hex (since other powers give you CC and fear) to give you a big attack.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    If energy is a concern, you could consider swapping Mental Precision for Shadow Manifestation (same trigger condition), and stacking Presence to scale both your toggle form and energy unlock.
    There's that always present concern about energy!

But meh energy!
    By the time you are geared at lvl 40 you should have 2 Utility pieces that give you 400%+ cost reduction and Insight should give you a decent reduction as well. If you stack your toggle SS you should be getting at least 60 energy from that. The only time energy might be an issue is in Alerts that drag you down to lvl 30.

Personally, I'd take MI over Hex (since other powers give you CC and fear) to give you a big attack.

Yeah, once I am geared up I'll see if I can take MI, I'll likely keep Hex, for the Stun/Fear proc as that be quite useful to have, tho I can foresee having MI over it.

Will play test around with it.

Psi.
    Ego Sleep gives you basically the same benefit as what you have for Hex. Why double dip. You NEED a giant hand to smack your enemies down. Did I lead you wrong on the Psionic Accelerator (which is another reason you really don't need Hex)?
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited April 2021
    Ego Sleep gives you basically the same benefit as what you have for Hex. Why double dip. You NEED a giant hand to smack your enemies down. Did I lead you wrong on the Psionic Accelerator (which is another reason you really don't need Hex)?

Alright, Alright, I'll get MI XD and no, you didn't don't worry!. It is very fun to use. Most of my builds don't use Ults that much, so about time I did.

Anyways here's the build: Did end up going for MI, due to no need to double dip, missing out on a Stun, but I can grab a device power or so, If I REALLY wanted to have a Stun. Happy with what I got here.

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 17: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Deplete, Accelerated Metabolism)
    Level 26: Fiery Embrace

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices

MI fully ranked up for that boost of SLAP POWER!, Firey Embrace to replace Hex, for a self res, in case I die. And as said before with MC I'll keep it in for the funzies.

Edit: My dumb butt forgot I had Heirloom Gear in my bank to TEST the build. I deserve all the slaps
    Psi.
    Edit: My dumb butt forgot I had Heirloom Gear in my bank to TEST the build. I deserve all the slaps
    Heirloom gear doesn't have cost discount rating or Rec on it (since Rec isn't SS'd here), so you may still have energy issues when using it. You could change to Shadow Manifest as the toggle and focus gearing on Pres, sure, but as Jaaz mentioned I'd prob wait till you can get decent gear w/ some cost discount on it before you fully judge the energy situation. I would prob drop the Accel Metab adv, though, since it doesn't return much energy overall, and could be used to rank up a travel power instead.

MI sounds like a fine pick for an Ult. You may have to energy build a bit before using it, but that's not a big deal considering that it's on a longer cd than the other attacks.
    edited April 2021
    Heirloom gear doesn't have cost discount rating or Rec on it (since Rec isn't SS'd here), so you may still have energy issues when using it. You could change to Shadow Manifest as the toggle and focus gearing on Pres, sure, but as Jaaz mentioned I'd prob wait till you can get decent gear w/ some cost discount on it before you fully judge the energy situation. I would prob drop the Accel Metab adv, though, since it doesn't return much energy overall, and could be used to rank up a travel power instead.

MI sounds like a fine pick for an Ult. You may have to energy build a bit before using it, but that's not a big deal considering that it's on a longer cd than the other attacks.

Yeah, I'll wait for decent gear, I rather keep MI, was unable to test it fully, due to the gear not gave me any End/Rec, but it's fine. Also about
    Accelerated Metabolism, it's not reflected in the other Hero Creator but I added the 1 adv to Rude Awakening for that extra bit of DPS.

As seen here, thankfully I didn't spend the Adv yet, so outside the PH now and will add it. Here is now the Updated build with the Adv changed around.

Super Stats

Talents

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blast (Rank 2, Mind Opener, Rude Awakening)
    Level 26: Fiery Embrace

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices

Thanks for the help!

Psi.
    edited April 2021
    Eh, I may still get another rank in your main travel power instead, since any Ego Blast dmg will break your sleep as is. I suppose there is some potential to sleeping a tougher mob and starting off w/ a charged Ego Blast, but I'd prob still value a faster travel power over a bit more dmg for that. Otherwise, I guess the build looks like it's good to go.
    Eh, I may still get another rank in your main travel power instead, since any Ego Blast dmg will break your sleep as is. I suppose there is some potential to sleeping a tougher mob and starting off w/ a charged Ego Blast, but I'd prob still value a faster travel power over a bit more dmg for that. Otherwise, I guess the build looks like it's good to go.

Build Update: I replaced Ego PSS (and went back with Pres) and shifted the stats ever so slightly in favor of Pre/Dex /Ego (With more Hints of Rec/Con) to help boost my HP up a bit, as I was finding myself getting close to death.

I've removed the AoE Heal in Mind Drain, as I'm not really a support class and I added in Mindful Rein for that extra slap of protection, over the self-res (Yes, a pain in the butt not to have one, but Healing before dying). I've had to remove a Adv from my AD but Resruge on it's own provide enough protection if I need to quickly use it at a dire moment. If having 3 sources of healing seems too much I'll likely go back with a self-res.

Super Stats
    Level 15: Ego (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Tenebrous (Con: 8, Ego: 10, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Showmanship (Ego: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 8: Ego Form (Rank 2, Rank 3, Id Blades)
    Level 17: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Mind Control (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Mindful Reinforcement (Rank 2, Revitalizing Boost)
    Level 29: Resurgence

Travel Powers

Specializations

Devices

As for the TP, I was planning on doing such, but considering I use a Vehicle to get around most of the time and Indoor Missions I tend not to use my TP, it seems fine as it is.
    Psi.
    edited May 2021
    Eh, I may still get the AoE adv on Mind Drain, as it can be nice to help allies w/ in a pinch (in trade for a bit less self-healing from it), but it's up to you to decide. I know you like Mind Control, and you can keep it for the build's concept, but I'd prob un-rank it and instead get R3 in TK Shield and/or R2 on Resurgence (and/or rank up a travel power). Also, although it will boost your dmg a bit, Ego SSS isn't too important overall here, so if you are having survival issues then you could replace it w/ Con SS for a bit more help there.

Also, why are you not using a TP indoors? Even if you use a vehicle when outside, having a good, ranked TP can considerably speed up indoor missions. I hope you are using a TP in group content (when it's allowed), at least.
    I've removed the AoE Heal in Mind Drain, as I'm not really a support class ....

You seem mightily confused about what you are trying to achieve here. You are not "support class" but you have taken all "support class" specs and Pre is you PSS. Your toggle form scales with Dex, which might not be a problem if you are stacking Dex, but why not then take Dex PSS? Is this supposed to be a CC build with a touch of dps or a dps build with a touch of CC? Hard to offer much advice.

If you have a Psionic Accelerator survival really shouldn't be an issue given how easy most of the content is. Flow is right that you could take Con over Ego to help if you feel like you die too much. Putting ranks in Mind Control is probably also hurting your survivability since you could put those points into R2 Resurgence and R3 TK shield.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited May 2021
    Eh, you mistyped your quote tags, Jaaz :p

I suggested Pres PSS and Sentinel + Overseer early on for the spec debuffs, not to try to be a support, since he'd likely be using CC/hold powers anyways. The personal dps will be lower then, but in groups you can boost ally dps significantly (also helps that Sentinel Mastery is quite good for background healing). If he wants to value his personal/solo dps more, then he can go back to Ego PSS with 3/3 in 6th Sense (still Dex focused). Dex PSS could work too, although the TP DoTs and Ego Sleep cannot proc Expose Weakness by themselves. Also, afaik Guardian's Find the Mark and Vind's Mass Destruction cannot boost the DoTs, so I may not recommend them as specs here.
    Post edited by flowcyto on
    Eh, I may still get the AoE adv on Mind Drain, as it can be nice to help allies w/ in a pinch (in trade for a bit less self-healing from it), but it's up to you to decide. I know you like Mind Control, and you can keep it for the build's concept, but I'd prob un-rank it and instead get R3 in TK Shield and/or R2 on Resurgence (and/or rank up a travel power).

I did have the AoE on Mind Drain, but it wasn't doing much for my team as they'll be either way to far away or already have a heal that heals far much then my own, so why I took R3, keeps me alive.

As for Mind Control, Yeah, I do like the power a lot, I put the ranks in it to sorta use it as a distraction tool, 14 secs of a mob being under your control can do wonders if you get the right mob. Yes it won't really work higher level ones (anything above what it can control) but still a nice thing to have.

I'll look into the build a bit more to see if I can find a way to alteast have some even out Advs, but for the build's concept it works for now.
    "flowcyto wrote: »
    Also, why are you not using a TP indoors? Even if you use a vehicle when outside, having a good, ranked TP can considerably speed up indoor missions. I hope you are using a TP in group content (when it's allowed), at least.

Oh I do use them, depending on what indoor mission it is (Mostly I use Super-speed TPs, as they are much faster then flight, even unrannked) and I keep them on mostly, but for when it's basic indoor missions I don't.

As for TP in group content, always do.

Psi.
    edited May 2021
    You seem mightily confused about what you are trying to achieve here. You are not "support class" but you have taken all "support class" specs and Pre is you PSS. Your toggle form scales with Dex, which might not be a problem if you are stacking Dex, but why not then take Dex PSS? Is this supposed to be a CC build with a touch of dps or a dps build with a touch of CC? Hard to offer much advice.

If you have a Psionic Accelerator survival really shouldn't be an issue given how easy most of the content is. Flow is right that you could take Con over Ego to help if you feel like you die too much. Putting ranks in Mind Control is probably also hurting your survivability since you could put those points into R2 Resurgence and R3 TK shield.

I fixed your Tags :p

As flow said, I went with th Pre PSS for the CC/Hold powers as they are mostly all my powers I have, now if I had a TK build, then yes my main will be Dex PSS. Also keep in mind that I also went for the Pre PSS for the extra healing it provides, some of the Specs helps my overall healing rate, so my self-heal (Mind Drain) is alot more effective here.

I chuold go back to Ego PSS (only costs 50G). But I'll keep stress-testing the build and see from there, as my powers are sorted, I just need to debate whenever I want DPS over CC/Hold focus.

Psi.