test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New LifeSub Member!

I had to do it. I just did it. I couldn't control my self. I just lifesubbed. With the exchange rate like mine and my ability to not wait for any discount I really hope I don't regret this.

So any pro tips for a new subber?
nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The first rule of life-sub is never to talk about life-sub ;) If you were not shown the ultra elite secret handshake be sure to contact customer support ;)

Sadly, I have been LTS for so long I don't recall all its great benefits. I just continue to enjoy them while taking them completely for granted. I do hope you enjoy the ability to go freeform, the monthly subvention and the various costume unlocks.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    If you have extra character slots you can make utility toons. I have 2 bank bots that use their inventory bags and bank slots to store stuff that won't fit into my hideout shared bank. I also use them to buy and sell stuff so I don't have to think about who sold what and which mailbox to check if it doesn't sell. Kind of mundane but if you've got the extra character slots..
    Oh and welcome! =)
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Thanks
  • piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    If you have extra character slots you can make utility toons. I have 2 bank bots that use their inventory bags and bank slots to store stuff that won't fit into my hideout shared bank. I also use them to buy and sell stuff so I don't have to think about who sold what and which mailbox to check if it doesn't sell. Kind of mundane but if you've got the extra character slots..

Very much this - I have a bank toon and a mod toon full to the brim with unlocks, gear, devices, sidekicks, etc., and, of course, mods so they don't take up inventory space.

You can trade stuff amongst toons through the free hideout and shared bank you get - the only difference in hideouts is the penthouse TPs you to MC from anywhere if you leave through the balcony instead of elevator, everything else is flavor (moon base is dope as heck tho).

Also remember, any toon slots you buy are automatically freeforms, so you don't have to buy "freeform slots" just regular character slots will do, so between a discount, free zen bonus sales, and the monthly zen stipend, new freeform characters might cost as little as $2 each.

Also, check the bonus tab in the zen store - there's neat stuff in there like free devices - port to powerhouse/zone jet, orbital howitzer (awesome), hover boots (useful for lowbies), heal/energy devices (amazing - 10 min cooldown)

Welcome to the club!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    Getting a LTS sadly isn't as cool as it used to be but I think it's likely that the price has dropped since I bought mine almost a decade ago. I don't regret my decision, I've had hours and hours and entertainment from this game and I hope this game stays around long enough for you to fully enjoy your purchase.
  • rileymarks1rileymarks1 Posts: 48 Arc User
    Don't forget to visit the VIP in Club Caprice when low on stars.
    edited April 2021
    I converted over 60 builds in the span of 3 days. That part felt worth it to be honest compared to the amount of ATs I had on account. Thanks for the info.
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    Welcome to the family! =)

*gives the secret LTS handshake* B)
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
    Don't forget to visit the VIP in Club Caprice when low on stars.

Speaking of the VIP lounge. the bartender sells a super cheap teleport to Caprice device. It's a nice alternative if you don't have a permanent Teleport to Ren Center device.
    I forget, do non-LTS players get access to do the free daily OV mission? If not, you can do those now to get some sweet OV gear+.
  • jin#6625 jin Posts: 14 Arc User
    Questions - besides all the stuff you get for going life-sub, what benefits does it add to the game as far as community. I've recently come back to the game and I'm thinking of subscribing, but so far after a month back in the game I have talked to like two people and they were short conversations. Is the roleplaying aspects dead in the game?
  • thistleswift1thistleswift1 Posts: 219 Arc User
    Also don't forget to check out the exclusive vendor in Ren Cen. You should be able to get all of the stuffs there now that before you could only get with sub as they were first released or with exclusive tokens which were very limited in distribution. Some good things in there.
    jin#6625 wrote: »
    Questions - besides all the stuff you get for going life-sub, what benefits does it add to the game as far as community. I've recently come back to the game and I'm thinking of subscribing, but so far after a month back in the game I have talked to like two people and they were short conversations. Is the roleplaying aspects dead in the game?

I don't think LTS makes a difference for RPing or with community interactions. There are active RP groups and, I think, RPing is alive and well in CO. I've heard of RP groups meeting up in various zones, etc.. The Super Group Recruitment section of the forums may have information on active RP groups and you may want to advertise in zone chat that you're looking for a RP friendly super group. I'm not much into RP myself to be able to guide you further.
    Thanks
  • alt0angel0skalt0angel0sk Posts: 137 Arc User
    welcome to the LTS club *have a free full cookie jar* :>
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Block!

And yes, it's nice to be a king! Salutations!
    You're in it for life, boyo.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited April 2021
    Hello Again,

So I just joined the family officially, I notice that I have to convert all my players to the gold standard. Before I get to far into this only to find out I wasted valuable resources, can I get some suggestions on what to do in my first steps as a LIFER?

What is this Toon thing everyone talks about, usually for a bank, does the bank account have to be a toon? Does it give it some kind of bonus or just easier to remember which account is the bank account? How do I make one? Is it a certain template or just the costume I put on the Toon account?

As far as freeform is there any reading there? I found a few things on my own but they don't seem overly helpful. Where is the exclusive costume store??? I'm sure I'll have more questions but for now I'll leave it at that as see what we find out.

Trace Magus@Trace-Magus
    Post edited by jin#6625 on
    Congratz and welcome to LTS! Toon is just another term for an alt character. My bank alts are just low level generic characters that I created. Every new character gets their own bank account and personal inventory space that you can use to store items inexpensively. It's an inexpensive way to consolidate inventory items of certain types (mods, devices, gear, etc.) and less expensive than buying tons of hideout shared bank slots. If you have an unused freeform slot, just create a new character that you want to use for this purpose, grab rank 1 superspeed to shuttle faster between the Ah and the bank and buy at least the cheaper bank slots. Your other characters can put items and cash into your hideout shared bank that your new utility toon(s) can retrieve and store in their own inventory bags and bank.

For Freeform reading, it's a bit older but still a good guide:
    https://arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/comment/12749071

and POWER GUIDES MEGATHREAD [url]="https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1209713/power-guides-megathread"[/url]
    Oh, so much to read O.o Thank you I can tell they will be very helpful.
    still reading :)
    still reading :)
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Eh, there's no need to make 'bank' characters, just get some peeps together and make a new (personal) SG every time you need more space. SG banks are more convenient in a lot of ways. I have 4 personal SGs at the moment. (A personal SG only has characters owned by you in it).

With a ton of characters, you can have a few belong to outside SGs that you like hanging with, and others running your personal SGs. Personal SGs also give you an SG home for your new characters.
    Yes, I already started one for just that reason, while my main character is in another SG. Works nicely and helps keep things neat and tidy.
  • wiqdwiqd Posts: 6 Arc User
    I go back and forth w/ this every so often. As of now I wish I'd caught a sale a couple years ago or something, but each month that passes makes it harder for me to shell out the money because of the fear that I'm throwing it away due to the game disappearing or whatever. I'm sure it's unfounded, but ... man. I can't help it. If they showed more interest in their game and started development on it again I'd snag one in a heartbeat. There's a severe lack of good superhero game options, even with ... "that other one" setting up the P servers.
    wiqd wrote: »
    I go back and forth w/ this every so often. As of now I wish I'd caught a sale a couple years ago or something, but each month that passes makes it harder for me to shell out the money because of the fear that I'm throwing it away due to the game disappearing or whatever. I'm sure it's unfounded, but ... man. I can't help it. If they showed more interest in their game and started development on it again I'd snag one in a heartbeat. There's a severe lack of good superhero game options, even with ... "that other one" setting up the P servers.

Not sure what I can say. I read all of the same doom saying about CO shutting down in 2013-2014 when I made the decision to go LTS. CoH had recently shutdown so it didn't seem outlandish that CO may too. I've been very happy overall with what has been able to be done with CO since then. You've still got options to get one or more freeform slots and the premium pack if you don't want to make the investment in LTS.
  • wingedkagoutiwingedkagouti Posts: 565 Arc User

Not sure what I can say. I read all of the same doom saying about CO shutting down in 2013-2014 when I made the decision to go LTS. CoH had recently shutdown so it didn't seem outlandish that CO may too. I've been very happy overall with what has been able to be done with CO since then. You've still got options to get one or more freeform slots and the premium pack if you don't want to make the investment in LTS.
    And there was the same type of doom and gloom concerning the longevity of CO around launch in 2009, and while the volume has grown it's not by a large amount.
  • wiqdwiqd Posts: 6 Arc User

I was a gold sub once upon a time so I have the premium stuff and I do enjoy the game :D I'm not sure how to get the freeform slots other than by paying for them. I thought I had some, but my gold freeform characters all require conversion, so I guess I don't have any.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    the cost of freeform alone is worth it if you love alts
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited June 2021
    Welcome to the club!

Don't know if it's been mentioned yet, but with LTS you get a free OV token each day per toon, which means you don't have to spend precious questionite or farm guardian tokens to get what are arguably the best secondaries in the game (Onslaught gear, depending on role/build).
  • flunkydave#9348 flunkydave Posts: 23 Arc User
    There is one thing that you NEED to do when you have a Lifetime sub.

Which is having fun, of course!
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    There is one thing that you NEED to do when you have a Lifetime sub.

Which is having fun, of course!

ALL THE THIS! =)
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
  • renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    I wish their timing with events were better.
    If this Defender Training event happened BEFORE or DURING the LTS sale, I would have purchased it right away. But now, I'm just going to wait for the next sale, but I know I wont want it by the time the sale happens again lol. And I'll have that same hesitation as before from 5+ years ago, that the game is going to shut down any day now because it's hardly being developed...
    edited July 2021
    > @renegade0 said:snip
    >

If I had a dollar for everytime someone talks about shut down. To many prophets are trying to decipher the future and failing to enjoy the now.

When I went LTS I already had 60-70 characters. Most of which were archetype.

I havent regretted the purchase thus far. IDK man, different people. Having nothing but free forms is the best thing one could have. Customization is better to creating characters down to the T, FF is a lot more fun to rank and play as, you get free costume slots, retcon and costume change tokens so your moneys goes a longer way. And the monthly 500 really blocks a hole. Along with other free costumes and stuff.

It's like saying you don't care about money till one day you win a million dollars. And start stunning on the broke folk. You have to experience it to love it. The earlier you go LTS is the more you save and all around genuine experience.
    edited July 2021
    My only regrets is spending so much zen on things I could of have if I had subbed much earlier.
    edited July 2021
    CO is not going anywhere.

The fact that we got all these cosmic, lair, and powerset revamps, in addition to serial missions and new rampages in the past two years means they plan on sticking around for a while. They wouldn't waste their time if they plan on shelving the game anytime soon.

Not only that, even after a long break, the urge to make a new toon or replay an old favorite is inevitable. Might as well make some Zen while you wait to be reinspired.
  • renegade0renegade0 Posts: 119 Arc User
    yeah. I'll probably just have to keep checking back for the next lifetime sale.
    I have the two free Freeform slots. and I used to subscribe every once in a while.

I've been using ATs for the current event because i have no other choice. I never used any ATs before. After using them, I can say I definitely hate using them lol. I can't wait to use my locked out Freeforms again. I guess in 5 or 6 months when Lifetime goes on sale again.
  • rygradrygrad Posts: 3 Arc User
    So the only way to get Freeform is to pay $250?
    > @rygrad said:
    > So the only way to get Freeform is to pay $250?

No you can get an individual Freeform or 3-pack(?) at the Z-Store. They just recently had a sale on them also.
  • jakeesanjakeesan Posts: 32 Arc User
    LOL I cant imagine paying this disgusting company a single penny after what they did (or havent done rather) to this game. But certainly not after what they DID do to people whove been around since early access.

Most people had a couple dozen characters. Then they told us to pay 100s of dollars either through a LTS or buying FF slots if we want to keep them free form since they got rid of the sub so stupid freebs can sponge off of those of us who kept this pathetic game running despite the lack of content and the almost total abandonment by the devs.

> @rygrad said:
    > So the only way to get Freeform is to pay $250?

No you can get an individual Freeform or 3-pack(?) at the Z-Store. They just recently had a sale on them also.

LOL.

> @renegade0 said:snip
    >

If I had a dollar for everytime someone talks about shut down. To many prophets are trying to decipher the future and failing to enjoy the now.

When I went LTS I already had 60-70 characters. Most of which were archetype.

I havent regretted the purchase thus far. IDK man, different people. Having nothing but free forms is the best thing one could have. Customization is better to creating characters down to the T, FF is a lot more fun to rank and play as, you get free costume slots, retcon and costume change tokens so your moneys goes a longer way. And the monthly 500 really blocks a hole. Along with other free costumes and stuff.

It's like saying you don't care about money till one day you win a million dollars. And start stunning on the broke folk. You have to experience it to love it. The earlier you go LTS is the more you save and all around genuine experience.

Wow. That is an amazing cope. Yall really are the reason the game industry has turned to utter s***.