test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20210322.16 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2021 in PTS - The Archive
Foxbatcon
  • New Mission: Rewards the Skateboard costume.
  • Added Shovel 1 to the event store.

Powers
  • Fixed an issue where Broomstick and Hoverboard travel powers were playing the wrong animation while underwater.
  • New Power: Relentless Pursuit. Single Blade. Lunges a short distance and deals continuous slashing damage to a foe while rooting them for a short time.

Lockbox
  • Added contents of the Goth lockbox to the Collector's store.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    Relentless Pursuit is interesting, but has some odd behavior.

- The lunge adds its distance to the range of the power. You can lunge from up to 25 feet, where the lunge will stop 10 feet (max melee range) from the target. I haven't tried max-distance lunging at a target moving away from you, but I imagine that might land you outside melee range at the end of the lunge.
    - Relentless Pursuit's damage breaks its own Root effect, quickly generating Root Immunity on the target. This is similar to other root-spam powers like Devour Essence (Phlebotomist), but is more of an issue on Relentless Pursuit due to its self-root.
    - The Single Minded advantage's duration feels too short. More than a 5 second break between full maintains, and you risk dropping the stack. I imagine the advantage could be a nice tradeoff to maximize damage as your main attack against endgame boss content; but block-this-area-attack mechanics in those fights would either interrupt the current maintain or create too long of a break between maintains. I think doubling the duration to 20 seconds would feel like a better fit.

Is the Skateboard available for testing? I don't see it at the Debugger, and I assume it's a "complete mission x times" reward for The Real Foxbat, which I don't see enabled yet...but maybe I'm just missing something obvious.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The CCer in me cried (that's 98.6%). I don't know if roots provide a stack of cc resistance but it is absolutely necessary to root instead of just snare?
    They apply root resistance, which doesn't interact with other forms of CC (it's why people use entangling mesh for stack maintenance against dogs). Roots are pretty much the most useless form of CC in the game, as they are broken by damage, acquire resistance, and don't prevent the target from lunging.
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    - Relentless Pursuit's damage breaks its own Root effect, quickly generating Root Immunity on the target. This is similar to other root-spam powers like Devour Essence (Phlebotomist), but is more of an issue on Relentless Pursuit due to its self-root.

Did you try it against a regular training dummy? The supervillain ones are going to apply root resistance either way.​​
  • sepheliussephelius Posts: 30 Arc User
    Suggestion - Relentless Pursuit
    Your suggestion
    Could you make it a 180/90 degree arc with max 5 target

Advantage - Each stack of bleed give 3-5% extra damage(2 points)

Bug -Relentless Pursuit
    What happens
    Lunge mechanic seems to be broken. Lunging from max distance seems to stop you 10 feet away from target and if I'm not mistaken you're missing all the hits.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    Did you try it against a regular training dummy? The supervillain ones are going to apply root resistance either way.​​

Good call. Yeah, looks like the Supervillain rank was the culprit. Root seems to work as intended on the regular Villain dummies.

In addition to the suggested duration increase for Single Minded, I think it would be reasonable to make it 1 stack that gives 30% bonus damage. Waiting 15 seconds to stack 3 increments of 10 feels too long.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Relentless Assault

Personally, I find low range lunges really really weird.

The distance it travels as others have pointed out is rather strange at max range (15ft).

It goes from here:

unknown.png

to:

unknown.png

which is just outside the melee range (just looks a bit weird).

Suggestion: I'd tie the base damage increase from Single Minded to stacks of Bleed on a target, instead of constant maintains. So 6% base damage increase per stack of Bleed OR 20% base damage increase from fully maintaining vs target affected by Deep Wound.

OR

Suggestion: Similar to the above but, 5% base damage increase per stack of Bleed on a target and a further 5% base damage increase if affected by Shredded.

If it has to remain as is, then increase duration of Single Minded to 15 or 20 seconds per stack please.
  • domain#8110 domain Posts: 4 Arc User
    Love the final poses (VBlade reskin apparently?) Would love to see more of it!

The lunge aspect of it is cool but by rooting the player and enemy for the duration feels alot less like the description. Maybe a "/follow" during the maintain as part of the power would be more desirable.

- -

Can we have the conversation about removing Root from CC list? Give it no cc buff and standardized. BUT ALSO CCers aren't instantly accosted efficacy for every melee build their teamed with.

If crowd control is to remain a zero sum mechanic then roots gotta go. I also can't think of many builds depending on Root for their manip stacks.
    edited April 2021
    Skateboard:

unknown.png

Quite like this piece!

Has the option to be more of a "snowboard" as well (basically skateboard minus wheels)

Has an option to add emblems to the board:

unknown.png

Additionally, has 7 Patterns available which all use the four colour channels.

Patterns are as follows:

Pattern 1

unknown.png

Pattern 2

unknown.png

Pattern 3

unknown.png

Pattern 4

unknown.png

Pattern 5

unknown.png

Pattern 6

unknown.png

Pattern 7

unknown.png

Suggestion: Please consider making Skateboard (with wheels and without wheels) a Hoverboard skin for players.
    edited April 2021
    Can we have the conversation about removing Root from CC list? Give it no cc buff and standardized. BUT ALSO CCers aren't instantly accosted efficacy for every melee build their teamed with.

Root Resistance has no direct or indirect detrimental effect to Hold Resistance stacks as it operates on its own type of resistance.

As Panta previously noted, some CC builds use roots to build manipulator because of this. So no loss really!
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    really the skate board should work with wheels as well, as we have roller skates, so it would be fine as if it tips up would mimic the way a board would. but yes snow board with no wheels would be cool too.
This discussion has been closed.