test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Tech-heavy DPS build opinion

metalheadbetametalheadbeta Posts: 119 Arc User
So, I found a build on the forums here a couple of days ago and I was tweaking it a bit as I leveled the toon. This is what I have currently, and I'd like your opinion. Note: I don't have Conviction on it as I rarely use it on my other toons that have it and I figured that Resurgence and the Support Drones would provide enough healing for my needs.
Anyway, here it is:

Crimson Angel (Ranged) - Freeform (Ranged Damage)
v3.44:36

Super Stats
Level 6: Intelligence (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Glacier (Dex: 8, Con: 10, Int: 10, End: 10)
Level 6: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
Level 9: Investigator (Int: 5, End: 5)
Level 12: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
Level 15: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)
Level 18: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Sonic Blaster
Level 1: Pulse Beam Rifle (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 6: Concentration
Level 8: Targeting Computer (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 11: Sonic Boom Generator (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Support Drones (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
Level 20: Orbital Cannon (Rank 2, Anvil of Dawn)
Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 26: Strafing Run (Rank 2)
Level 29: Binding Shot
Level 32: Energy Shield (Rank 2)
Level 35: Lock N Load (Rank 2)
Level 38: Implosion Engine (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Jet Boots (Rank 2, Rank 3)

Specializations
Intelligence: Preparation (2/2)
Intelligence: Enlightened (3/3)
Intelligence: Detect Vulnerability (3/3)
Intelligence: Expertise (2/2)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
Mastery: Intelligence Mastery (1/1)

Devices

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    Conviction can be pretty nice for the build here, since it took MSA as the EU, but if you don't want to use that power then I may consider including something like taps of Thunderstrike (from Elec), since it's long range, taps of it can quickly and cheaply proc MSA, and it has some advs that could be nice (like the self-healing and CC ones). The drones can give some okay background healing, but they can also be destroyed pretty easily and will give you an energy penalty when used. I may also drop R1 Binding Shot, since it doesn't add that much here.

A Particle debuff from something like taps of PA's Chest Beam could also be nice for PBR, if you can find the room for it (if using Chest Beam and/or something like Particle Wave somewhat frequently, then you could also potentially switch to using Unified Theory as the EU). Energy prob won't be much of an issue for PBR use, either way, so you'd mostly want to make sure that you are able to afford heavy use of Sonic Boom Gen in AoE here, regardless of whatever else you settle on.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    metalheadbetametalheadbeta Posts: 119 Arc User
    edited April 2021
    I'll give swapping Binding Shot for a healing Thunderstrike a try, if I can tap and let it recharge then it should work well for the build. Energy isn't too much of a problem for it so far, and I can get a good two or three shots of SBG off before I need to re-energize. As for the drones, should I hold on to them or maybe swap them for Muni bots?
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    The drones are okay to keep for more casual content, as long as energy is fine. I just wouldn't expect them to survive long against boss AoEs in harder content (same w/ other pets, really).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!