test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Might Tank Checkup

kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
edited March 2021 in Builds and Roles
Hey there!

This build is a might Tank build for primarily endgame (lairs more than cosmics) but wanted some thoughts. I chose defense over offense (UR) as the saying goes, but open to suggestions. I also went with Warden to get Elusive, and took Upper Hand. Not sure if that was wise, but let me know.

Here's the build: https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=36&n=Might Tank&d=11730N137AMP063020J000JK00JC00JA03JF00K503NK03FE03JH05JQ1BJP0J5L04JG162Q0010gB11Cd3BIQ30000000000&e=

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    You can't technically train Aggressor as the 2nd power, but that's a minor thing overall since you can just re-order the powers for it. I don't know why you took R3 Uppercut when you already have Haymaker and Demolish w/ adv, though. Normally if you include Uppercut w/ Haymaker, it's w/ both of its special advs to boost Haymaker via Blindside, Reckless, and the Demolish refresh (+ Haymaker's special adv for Reckless). You could also go w/o Uppercut and just use R3 Haymaker (w/ Demolish's debuff) by itself, though, if you want a simpler rotation and a free power slot. If you wanted another free power slot, you could also consider dropping Aggressor, but that's up to you. Getting R3 in Resurgence is prob a bit overkill, either way (could get R2 in Havoc Stomp instead). Also, you may not need a spam-able AoE here, but it's something you could also consider getting, since Havoc Stomp and the Ult have cds.

Upper Hand is fine to get in Warden; Ruthless is another option if you can get decent crit%. I may also change the Con/Int talent for Str/Rec, though that's also a minor thing. Overall, nitpicks aside, the build looks like it can fare alright.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    Ok thanks!
  • kjames91kjames91 Posts: 186 Arc User
    How’s this?

Pardon the STR/END/CON setup. It’s supposed to be STR/REC/CON, but my phone won’t change the REC part. 🙄 I took your advice on leaving out Aggressor, but I’m curious on why. I have 2 abilities left that I’m not sure what to put in. I also took Havoc stomp to be that tank that pulls everyone in. Could take Iron Cycle w/ adv if needed, but HS seems doable as well.

What do you think? https://aesica.net/co/herocreator.htm?v=36&n=&d=11380N137AEP063020J000JC00JF00JA00JH0bJP0JJQ1CK503NK01000000002Q00FE035L0410gB11Cd3T3B30000000000&e=
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Defiance needs to be ranked nowadays. People take interrupts for pulling dogs at Kigatilik (Backhand Chop is the usual choice, particularly since you can add Brutal Strike to refresh Demolish, but you can do the same thing with Mighty Kick with Boot to the Head and Footwork).
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,740 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Yea, Defiance has to be ranked now ( I assume that was an oversight since it's ranked in the 1st build). R1 Aggressor isn't adding that much to the build, though if you are running out of ideas for a free power slot then you can put it back in. It does also boost your Con by a small amount and provides a hold break, at least (though the AD can be made to hold break too). You could maybe add in something like Defense Combo w/ the Pummel adv, since it's a spam-able melee cleave that also puts up a dmg shield. Thunderclap w/ adv could also be taken if you want a quick AoE stun power, or you could maybe add another heal, or an interrupt (as Panta mentioned), or a power from a different powerset (if it's thematic enough). Ultimately it's up to you on what extra options you want to explore, though. If you are unsure you could leave the last power(s) and a few advs points open at the end for easier re-training.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!