test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release notes 3/25/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2021 in Release Notes
Midnight Depths
  • Fixed an issue with the Air Waves mission where Ladyhawke was not triggering her dialogue.
  • Fixed an issue where some players could not reacquire the Air Waves mission if they left the map before completion.

Game Optimization
  • Changes have been made to how costume unlock items show you have unlocked an item or not.
  • This will have no front facing effects on the actual costume unlock items, but will help with game stability.
  • All travel powers have also been given an optimization pass. This has no front facing effects to players.

ZEN Store
From now until Monday, 10am the Phoenix Key Pack will be available.
Cost: 3000 ZEN
  • 35x Keys
  • 1x Phoenix Flight Pack
​​

Comments

• retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    Cool undocumented change to inquity, surely no one would have noticed it.
  • ultronyte#7191 ultronyte Posts: 50 Arc User
    Imagine changing Iniquity so drastically and expecting people not to notice it

C'mon
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Lotta people died.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    A massive change to healing goes undocumented and no free character redo to make up for it.

Bad devs. Don't make me get a rolled up newspaper.
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 178 Arc User
    Iniquity now instantly kills you in real life and uninstalls Champions Online from your computer when used. 10/10 stealth nerf, 10/10 would take team of Regen Hybrids to Therakiel's Temple again.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    Hey all, the change to Iniquity was not intended. It'll be reverted next week. Apologies!​​
  • jackieboy#3897 jackieboy Posts: 46 Arc User
    Give the team a break!

They are doing a wonderful job! ❤️
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Are you brave enough as a healer to survive 1 week with Iniquity like this?
    EG738sH.png
    This raise the discussion that the other, VERY FEW, 100 feet range healing powers need a buff
    Game Optimization
    • Changes have been made to how costume unlock items show you have unlocked an item or not.

*Cries with TRIBAL LOINCLOTH WITH MEDICINE BAG MISSING FROM FEMALE TAILOR WITH A PRE UPDATE UNLOCK*
    What a weird specific bug I had to come across, It's not like i'm dying to use it, its just so weird :lol:

Also weird that Bone Plate Long costume unlocks shows as non unlocked despite the fact I already unlocked it and it's available for both male and female characters with no issue
    wgUAT9P.png

[*] This will have no front facing effects on the actual costume unlock items, but will help with game stability.
    All travel powers have also been given an optimization pass. This has no front facing effects to players.

So apparently Flight powers are now FASTER! Excellent! AWESOME! VALID! GOOD CHANGE!
    Rejoice me who have been avoiding Flight as main TP for the majority of all my new characters
    Now I can be more confident with my favourite characters who need to fly constantly
    ZEN Store
    • 35x Keys
    • 1x Phoenix Flight Pack
    Eh, not a fan of Phoenix Flight in the first place, it use too many resources, drops my Frame rates to 23-18 and fills my screen with too many particles for my eyes to handle
    Big Eye sore​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
    The unlock change won't have any effect on that. Costume unlocks check if you have a specific arrangements of costumes unlocked, not the individual costume. Some unlocks were changed in the past where it added a new component (like a male or female version addition) or were split up from a set, those will display as not unlocked even if you unlocked the previous versions.

The change made was to address various issues we were seeing with game stability with players viewing costume unlock items in stores/inventory/etc.​​
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Are you brave enough as a healer to survive 1 week with Iniquity like this?
    EG738sH.png
    This raise the discussion that the other, VERY FEW, 100 feet range healing powers need a buff
    Game Optimization

*Cries with TRIBAL LOINCLOTH WITH MEDICINE BAG MISSING FROM FEMALE TAILOR WITH A PRE UPDATE UNLOCK*
    What a weird specific bug I had to come across, It's not like i'm dying to use it, its just so weird :lol:

Also weird that Bone Plate Long costume unlocks shows as non unlocked despite the fact I already unlocked it and it's available for both male and female characters with no issue
    wgUAT9P.png

[*] This will have no front facing effects on the actual costume unlock items, but will help with game stability.
    All travel powers have also been given an optimization pass. This has no front facing effects to players.

So apparently Flight powers are now FASTER! Excellent! AWESOME! VALID! GOOD CHANGE!
    Rejoice me who have been avoiding Flight as main TP for the majority of all my new characters
    Now I can be more confident with my favourite characters who need to fly constantly
    ZEN Store
    • 35x Keys
    • 1x Phoenix Flight Pack
    Eh, not a fan of Phoenix Flight in the first place, it use too many resources, drops my Frame rates to 23-18 and fills my screen with too many particles for my eyes to handle
    Big Eye sore​​

Odd, on my power it looks rather normal, could be Rank 3 broken? I Have the AoE advantage.

Unbenannt12.png
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    I wouldn't mind an emergency Friday patch to fix Iniquity.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Odd, on my power it looks rather normal, could be Rank 3 broken? I Have the AoE advantage.

Unbenannt12.png
    If you are using a Toggle with Compassion, the Self harm increases

I captured this screenshot on max stacks of Compassion​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User

Unbenannt12.png
    If you are using a Toggle with Compassion, the Self harm increases

I captured this screenshot on max stacks of Compassion​​

Ah ok, that clarifies it, so odd scaling issue.
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    I was wondering why the values I had wasn't quite matching the ones I saw here until I actually got into combat.

Still...at least it's easy enough to work around for the time being when you have other healers around/don't spam it exclusively without self-healing. Still a rough and a relatively unneeded change but still bearable, not exactly seeing healers drop dead at cosmics because of it at the very least.
    nice profile picture bro
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Hey all, the change to Iniquity was not intended. It'll be reverted next week. Apologies!​​
    Aww, you had my hopes up for a second. :(
    This is valid, though. Iniquity is a lame power (instant, spammable, no real cost, powerful, 100 foot range, etc) that's reigned with no viable competition for awhile now. Other single target heals should probably be given a second look so that not every healer feels obligated to take Iniquity.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    I am a fan of the current change to Iniquity. It is still a very good power but one that requires a little bit of situational awareness when using it now. It feels like this is how the power should have worked all along!
  • nique554nique554 Posts: 66 Arc User
    Time to roll Rebuke. \o/
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Cool undocumented change to inquity, surely no one would have noticed it.
    Technically appears to be a compassion nerf; it's scaling self-damage by exactly the same amount as it scales healing done (other forms of healing strength don't seem to affect it).
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Been rolling with Rebuke for years :) Iniquities been the TGM of 2013-2014 imho.
    I hate the animation of Rebuke. I might use it if they changed it to something else.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited March 2021

So wait, I hear that the Flight Speed Buff was NOT Intentional? It's a Bug?
    Are you kidding me? This is the BEST Thing that even happened to flight! This is how rank 3 flight SHOULD be! This SHOULD BE permanent!
    AND NO I'm NOT wasting my time and Utility slots farming the Swift Wings mod from Destroyer's Factory which was Revamped to be made more difficult and nobody cares to do it (why even bother?)

And please FIX Gravity causing Flight use to take 95% of their HP as falling damage, even when you are flying only 5 feet above the ground you break your legs! I see the Worms still doing this

One update ages ago, Gravity stopped doing falling damage and now it's doing it again!​​
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 178 Arc User

So wait, I hear that the Flight Speed Buff was NOT Intentional? It's a Bug?
    Are you kidding me? This is the BEST Thing that even happened to flight! This is how rank 3 flight SHOULD be! This SHOULD BE permanent!
    AND NO I'm NOT wasting my time and Utility slots farming the Swift Wings mod from Destroyer's Factory which was Revamped to be made more difficult and nobody cares to do it (why even bother?)

And please FIX Gravity causing Flight use to take 95% of their HP as falling damage, even when you are flying only 5 feet above the ground you break your legs! I see the Worms still doing this

One update ages ago, Gravity stopped doing falling damage and now it's doing it again!​​

It's definitely a bug, because it only happens when you charge up your Flight. If you tap it and let it build passively, it goes at the normal speed. Plus, flight powers that can ONLY be tapped, like rocket boots and jet pack, aren't going faster at all (making them objectively worse.) That, and the fact that R3 Flight actually goes around as fast as R3 Wildspeed, beating out Super/Mach Speed, seems pretty... unusual.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I think they shouldn't fix this "bug" and leave flight like this, it doesn't break the game in any way and has no effect in combat, since you're slowed down.

I have no idea why it wasn't this fast in the first place.

Doesn't have to be faster than super speed but before the bug flight speed is laughable, even with the mods which are annoying anyway since they force you to farm mods that drop rarely on a mission that is fun but no one really does anymore, and the mods force you to get seperate gear.

I vote they leave flight as it is now, with the "bug"

Swinging could be fixed though.

Jet boots/Jet pack were already fast as it is, doesn't make sense for them to be faster than regular flight though, this is meant to be a superhero game.
    Why's the tech stuff better than the meta-humans/aliens/whatever your oc is.

Side note: I have no clue how the iniquity change was unintentional as it feels rather specific buut crazier bugs have happened so I believe you xD

But I vote we leave that bugged too, it'll make people actually put effort into healing rather than spam one button all day.

I think people will be fine with it if it's official, think they were only upset cuz they thought it was a sneak change.
    I think they shouldn't fix this "bug" and leave flight like this, it doesn't break the game in any way and has no effect in combat, since you're slowed down.

I have no idea why it wasn't this fast in the first place.

Doesn't have to be faster than super speed but before the bug flight speed is laughable, even with the mods which are annoying anyway since they force you to farm mods that drop rarely on a mission that is fun but no one really does anymore, and the mods force you to get seperate gear.

I vote they leave flight as it is now, with the "bug"

Swinging could be fixed though.

Jet boots/Jet pack were already fast as it is, doesn't make sense for them to be faster than regular flight though, this is meant to be a superhero game.
    Why's the tech stuff better than the meta-humans/aliens/whatever your oc is.
    All of this! I don't care if this is a Bug, this should stay permanent!
    All endgame bosses apply Nailed to the Ground anyway, Flight can't cheese those fights
    Side note: I have no clue how the iniquity change was unintentional as it feels rather specific buut crazier bugs have happened so I believe you xD

But I vote we leave that bugged too, it'll make people actually put effort into healing rather than spam one button all day.

I think people will be fine with it if it's official, think they were only upset cuz they thought it was a sneak change.
    If only you knew how bad things really are​​
    I have seen at least one person solo heal dino with current bugged version of Iniquity, but he is a very, very good player.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • It is very possible to do it if you have a healer build with lots of HoTs like absorb heat, dependancy and such.

But that's the whole point, to get people to stop being an iniquity one trick, I am not a fan of nerfs, but this iniquity "bug" doesn't feel like a nerf, feels like proper balancing. What I've always wanted in the game, not for things to be nerfed everytime they do good.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    I've never seen a healer who was an "Iniquity one trick" as you say. How often they use it compared to other moves is no more than how much a melee uses their single-target attack. Dependency, Healing Rune, Resurrection, and a Shield to safely use said Resurrection are staples, and often used are Bionic Shielding, Illuminate, something to trigger Sentinel Mastery, and Arcane Vitality or a Lifedrain if they don't take the AoE advantage on Iniquity. Iniquity is used most often not because it is godly, but because the single-target alternatives are so bad.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I have seen at least one person solo heal dino with current bugged version of Iniquity, but he is a very, very good player.
    Was he just using iniquity? I could probably solo heal dino with my current healer build (haven't had cause to try recently), but iniquity isn't a particularly significant part of the build.

The main thing about iniquity is that there only three 100' spammable heals in the game (iniquity, psionic healing, rebuke) and two of them are bad.
    Yes. He was. His health bar was bouncing all over the place. Lots of use of Absorb Heat.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited March 2021
    It is very possible to do it if you have a healer build with lots of HoTs like absorb heat, dependancy and such.

But that's the whole point, to get people to stop being an iniquity one trick, I am not a fan of nerfs, but this iniquity "bug" doesn't feel like a nerf, feels like proper balancing. What I've always wanted in the game, not for things to be nerfed everytime they do good.
    One Trick? This is false! A healer build NEVER specialize only on spamming Iniquity on endgame! It requires an AoE healing power, Healing over Time, rune, ressurection and the Transcendence ultimate!

in fact most of the time I'm using one of the 3 Lifedrain powers, Vala's Light, Arcane Vitality and Absorb Heat

and the other 2 100 feet healing powers are horrible, your main target can die before they reach them!
    In fact I even forgot about Rebuke (which is horrible while playing with a gamepad i may add since its a Dual-power), I was only thinking about Psionic Healing and Bionic Shielding

Maybe instead of asking for NERFs, ask for BUFFS to give players more options! Even if this was intentional it wouldn't stop people from using Iniquity
    Especially after 1 years of no revamps and Gadgeteer failing to have support powers for Gadget healing

You Don't want to piss off players with more NERFs after the pathetic Vehicle nerf and the RUMOURS followed after it about another potential NERF with an established system​​
    edited March 2021
    ZEN Store
    • 35x Keys
    • 1x Phoenix Flight Pack
    Big Eye sore
    So I ended up getting it this year from Auction House out of Boredom and for the sake of collection!

Rank 3 Phoenix Flight and Shadow Phoenix Flight are actually abyssmal! Dropping my framerates down to 18-24 FPS on 2021
    However to my surprise, Radiant Phoenix Flight has the BEST performance out of 3, it keeps a stable 30-34 FPS and doesn't overdo it with the particles effects

You know, those Flight powers would be benefit from a Performance revamp, not to mention the obnoxious Aura that hugs the entire character's body! Is that forced edgy aura really necessary?

The Radiant Phoenix Flight is the closest to the Angel Wings travel power suggestion from years ago, but the ugly White Substance Aura which covers every inch of the character's body... why would you do that? vQTD03D.png​​