test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

FC.31.20210322.1 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,090 Cryptic Developer
edited April 2021 in PTS - The Archive
Midnight Depths
  • Fixed an issue with the Air Waves mission where Ladyhawke was not triggering her dialgue.
  • Fixed an issue where some players could not reacquire the Air Waves mission if they left the map before completion.

Optimization
  • Changes have been made to how costume unlock items show you have unlocked an item or not. This is being done for optimization purposes.
  • For testing, please check that store items are displaying costume unlocks correctly, and that costumes you unlock on pts are working properly.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• Options
    speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Optimization
    • Changes have been made to how costume unlock items show you have unlocked an item or not. This is being done for optimization purposes.
    ​​

Does this mean that new methods of unlocking previously unlocked items will now correctly show them as being unlocked?
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Optimization
    • For testing, please check that store items are displaying costume unlocks correctly, and that costumes you unlock on pts are working properly.
    ​​

Well, since there is nothing in the Auction House and the Zen Store is not available and many other purchasable costumes require various perks that don't transfer over to PTS it is pretty hard to test this. I unlocked a few SCR costumes and saw nothing different from how the unlock marker looked before (the grey mask replacing the blue mask). If you want more feedback it would be helpful to know how you think how "Changes have been made to how costume unlock items show you have unlocked an item or not" should look to players. I.e. post a screen shot here. Without more information, ss far as I can see, nothing has changed.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Optimization
    ​​

Well, since there is nothing in the Auction House and the Zen Store is not available and many other purchasable costumes require various perks that don't transfer over to PTS it is pretty hard to test this. I unlocked a few SCR costumes and saw nothing different from how the unlock marker looked before (the grey mask replacing the blue mask). If you want more feedback it would be helpful to know how you think how "Changes have been made to how costume unlock items show you have unlocked an item or not" should look to players. I.e. post a screen shot here. Without more information, ss far as I can see, nothing has changed.

That would mean they have to put actual effort in their work they are paid for. They are vague about this as always. Like we get any info at all, it will go live, cause problems then maybe fixes. I sometimes wonder why even have the PTS by now if feedback gets ignored, not like we can even often give some at all with PTS having it only ONE day before release.
  • Options
    jer#1883 jer Posts: 53 Arc User
    Well I know on Live that for some reason the Rocker costume, even though I've bought it and unlocked it, for some reason it still shows the little mask icon to be blue like I didn't unlock it
    I'm a raging whirlwind like the tornadoes I can make. WATCH OUT!!!
    Y9MfgKA.jpg
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    I will be curious to see, for example, what happens with all the individual Nighthawk costume pieces in the AH. Even though I bought the entire costume set ages ago those still show up as unlocked. There are other pieces that are like that as well. Fixing that would be real optimization, as well as adding a check box to the AH to filter out already purchased pieces.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    jer#1883 wrote: »
    Well I know on Live that for some reason the Rocker costume, even though I've bought it and unlocked it, for some reason it still shows the little mask icon to be blue like I didn't unlock it
    I will be curious to see, for example, what happens with all the individual Nighthawk costume pieces in the AH. Even though I bought the entire costume set ages ago those still show up as unlocked. There are other pieces that are like that as well. Fixing that would be real optimization, as well as adding a check box to the AH to filter out already purchased pieces.

Same goes for the Bloodmoon stuff, Cardboard and Bone Armor, tho I noticed some got materials added like ghost and holo, and I swear it is only if you unlock it again now, so you got something you have to unlock twice now, same as the feather mask back then they made "another version".

Either bad programming or, yes I will call you out for it even risking a lot now, that the devs are incompetent due to not able to access old files correctly to update them and instead having to clone it and unlock it again, which is twice as dumb due you have to re-farm it over and over now even if you owned it already.

I mean not just costumes, we got the Moonbase as mission in the serial, yet they can't open any doors in any hideout?
  • Options
    jer#1883 jer Posts: 53 Arc User

Same goes for the Bloodmoon stuff, Cardboard and Bone Armor, tho I noticed some got materials added like ghost and holo, and I swear it is only if you unlock it again now, so you got something you have to unlock twice now, same as the feather mask back then they made "another version".

Either bad programming or, yes I will call you out for it even risking a lot now, that the devs are incompetent due to not able to access old files correctly to update them and instead having to clone it and unlock it again, which is twice as dumb due you have to re-farm it over and over now even if you owned it already.

I mean not just costumes, we got the Moonbase as mission in the serial, yet they can't open any doors in any hideout?

On the plus side with the outfit, I do still have it and can use it, it's just the icon went back to blue like it wasn't unlocked, but I do actually have the outfit and can still use the costume parts just fine
    I'm a raging whirlwind like the tornadoes I can make. WATCH OUT!!!
    Y9MfgKA.jpg
  • Options

On the plus side with the outfit, I do still have it and can use it, it's just the icon went back to blue like it wasn't unlocked, but I do actually have the outfit and can still use the costume parts just fine

That is not the issue here, sorry if I have not clarified much, my English often is not the best. We still can use it, but new textures should be part of the update and not need you to unlock it again in this case, if at all make the textures unlockable like they were in the now abandoned Questonite store as well. Especially parts you paid for like former Zen-Store (C-Store) costumes.
This discussion has been closed.