test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Travel Power: Teleport

areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
Why the heck is it called Teleport? There's no teleporting. It's more like out of phase movement.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,425 Arc User
    Teleporting is at least a decent TP. Try using Tunneling for any sort of meaningful travel.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    Actually imagine if instead of digging into the earth you....

Whip out a transponder and call in your Chopper and speed off down the street.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    areee wrote: »
    Why the heck is it called Teleport? There's no teleporting. It's more like out of phase movement.

Most teleporters (ex. Nightcrawler, Magik…) travel through another dimension while popping from one place to another. In fact, the in-game tooltip for Teleport states that you phase out of this plane of existence. The phased effect is a clever mechanic which allows you to choose direction / destination. To other players, it'll appear as though you’ve simply teleported.

So I guess the real question is: what is Teleportation, if not an out of phase movement persevering…? :open_mouth:

tumblr_nkeitu8yzi1ql5yr7o2_500.gif

• flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    It would be dissappearing at point A and appearing at point B. Without a timedelay, no matter the distance.
    Not something where you turn on your blacklight/discoball and fly dozen short distances from point A to point B taking about same amount time you do it by activating your 'basic' flight power and...flying there.
    goldblum-cigar.gif

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    So something like in other games like FFXIV Shukuchi or WoW with Blink.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiexqp6gZpI
    So something like in other games like FFXIV Shukuchi or WoW with Blink.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oiexqp6gZpI

Exactly that.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The CO engine seems to have issues with instantaneous movement (do you want a loading screen every time you use your travel power?) and it's quite hard to specify where you want to teleport to in 3d.
    Short range teleport works fine. Find a Wp, go a short distance away. Let enemies kill you. Respawn. I instantly popped in at location.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    The CO engine seems to have issues with instantaneous movement (do you want a loading screen every time you use your travel power?) and it's quite hard to specify where you want to teleport to in 3d.

Worked fine in CoH.
    :#
    Like rest of the travel powers work. You face where you're going....
    But hey, i'm just shooting stars here, it's not like CO engine can do new **** nowadays.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    Well i think the poster is getting it confused with dimensional folding, which is instant travel between to points, without travelling via a lower or higher dimension. Those upper ones can be kind of weird, but the lower ones are a real pain, got stuck in the 2d universe once kind of left me flat.