test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Ritual Summons

areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
I've looked through the pet guide but did not find this info there. I found it out accidentally while testing the Stage 3 Ebon Summoning. Since he was bugging out I decided to test the Primal summoning to see if it was the Ebon or just the AI for melee in general.

The Ebon summon was dispelled. Okay, guess the circle canceled the Ebon one. I'll just resummon him since Primal .... and Primal was dispelled.

The minute gain in power from stage 1 to stage 2 was outweighed in my mind from the unbinding option. I just like having them with me all the time. Finding out Unbinding ALSO let you summon more than one Ritual summon....

According to the guide the 4 stage 1 ritual summons do a total of 265.5 Dps. The highest Stage 2 summon does... 90. Yup, just 90. None of the abilities they gain come even close to 155.5 dps worth of effect in balance. Health? Nope.

Unbinding could cost 3 points and I would get it, even if it made all 3 only stage 1(My other pets. =P ). 218.5 Dps btw. More than 2x the dps, probably 3x the overall Hp.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Well, the in-game descriptions do already outline that you can only have one ritual out at a time w/o the Unbound adv, but I suppose that's worth clarifying in the old guide. And yea, you typically do want to get the Unbound adv when using a Ritual pet, even if just for the freedom of movement it'd allow. That does mean that you can't get r3, but eh- pet builds already have to spread their adv points kinda thin anyways.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
    Yea. Woke up this morning to test the other r3 abilites on them on the test server.

They are buggy.

Radiant aoe heal was on now, off now, on now, off now. If it was steady it would be a useful tiny heal.... maybe. Don't know the range of it, only heals 69 every either 3 or 5 seconds. sometimes not working for longer.

Arcane. Didn't see any reduction in damage from r2 to r3. So not working at all.

Primal. Never triggered. I really wanted to see him grow or do more damage when low health. Nada.

Ebon. This one actually worked. Used Axes. Flaming AoE, dunno about the fire path we were swimming.

Could not get the Pets to melee until I took them to Lemuria, I am almost 100% sure the server had to make the entire map on the spot so the bug plagueing every other map I tried wasn't there.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I still say they need a rework in pets itself not just a power tree, they really need the sidekick treatment, re-summon automatically, high health and defense without the need of a spec tree to make them last long, this should only affect effectiveness of powers of them really.

I rather have them a full rework and not have them affected by Aura's and be reliable on their own then how they are now. People suggested also a pet limit you can have, sure full pet masters would suffer but, even for my taste it feels odd when someone uses tech pets with magic and animals, at least more skins would be nice to make it more fitting.

Overall most problems any game and MMO has is pets die to quick and run and stand in every AoE since you rarely can control them in time, FFXIV as example made them not target able by now and removed tank abilities of them, so they just exist as a glorified Dot. I rather would prefer such by now then pets that are useless as soon they start to fight any super villain and up and die on each AoE.
    I don't want them Glorified DoT. I would prefer them now, weak but THERE than that. I'd quit CO and never return. A limit on type would work. Magical, Creature, Robotic. 3 types and once you choose one type you couldn't choose any in the other types.
    Agreed areee, as said rather limit them this way and buff them a bit in survivability, it just is a hassle to keep re-summon them, worse than recast your form after using vehicles or so.
    <..< I'd take a consumable item that would buff any pet summoned while the effect of the item was going. >=p
    edited January 2021
    Feels more like a disadvantage than tho, since the power would cost in game money literally, if we go such ways we would need to charge ammo for guns and arrows thus you could say. Not a bad idea overall but it would push those powers even more away since you need to sort of maintain them to be worthwhile.

I say most pets need their own category sort of for their costs instead of just increasing energy costs.

- Temporary pets (Summon Shadows, Warlock's Blades or March of the Dead) should not be able to be attacked since they vanish anyway and are a glorified CD already. If they still should be they need a decreased summon time separated from normal pets maybe.
    - Magical pets could drain your energy mildly, to maintain them.
    - Animal ones pets could reduce or drain your max health, acting like a pack of some sort.
    - Other ones could reduce, let say as example, 5-10 of each of your Super stats.
    - Mechanical ones I could see as maintaining them and interacting maybe, maybe a repair kit that comes with them just like Night Warrior gives you Stealth and Shadow Strike.

Don't take my examples here for full, just what comes to my mind, feel free to give an own opinion here people.

Also, the Skill Tree Commander I say needs to go and heavily overhauled, since it is way too specific for pets only. Since every other Tree you can make use in some way or another even if not fitting fully.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    When vehicles were "over performing" the devs, instead of taking a cautious, measured approach turned them into glorified travel powers. What are the odds that because pets don't work right, and that they would take "too much" work to fix, they will just be removed from the game? Be very, very careful when you ask the devs to look at a wonky part of the game. You never know what they will do.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited January 2021
    ^ Sadly this I fear.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    When vehicles were "over performing" the devs, instead of taking a cautious, measured approach turned them into glorified travel powers. What are the odds that because pets don't work right, and that they would take "too much" work to fix, they will just be removed from the game? Be very, very careful when you ask the devs to look at a wonky part of the game. You never know what they will do.

Spent time thinking this over. Yes days. Only one answer occured to me.

I'd leave and never return if the pets were removed from game. However they make money off some of them so I doubt that would happen.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    They're garbage as they are, and they would be better off removed IMO. The servers are unstable as it is, and these things only cause the problem to get worse. Also:

1. They hit things that shouldn't be hit, and cause wipes of things. Destroyer -> Bait away PGs from red orbs, and cause everyone to die, wasting an hour of everyone's time. Kiga's dogs -> hit them, wake them up, they kill everyone -> wipe. Ape's hearts -> hit them, cause him to endlessly heal.
    2. They soak up buffs/heals/auras being the worthless dead weights they are from useful players/tanks. Sometimes the tanks even die during huge heal checks because of some wayward pets standing too close soaking up the heals.
    3. They overburden an already overloaded system that's ignoring a fair share of damage strikes against large targets because the server can't keep up.
    4. They just all instantly vaporize any time an aoe goes off. And they literally do no meaningful dmg, or much of anything else at all. You're just spending more time replacing them on CD, then they spend actually doing anything. That just makes you a dead weight, if you're sitting there doing nothing but resummoning the whole time.

Take all of this into account, and it's easy to see why people don't want them around.
    [NbK]XStorm
    nbkxs wrote: »
    They're garbage as they are, and they would be better off removed IMO. The servers are unstable as it is, and these things only cause the problem to get worse. Also:

1. They hit things that shouldn't be hit, and cause wipes of things. Destroyer -> Bait away PGs from red orbs, and cause everyone to die, wasting an hour of everyone's time. Kiga's dogs -> hit them, wake them up, they kill everyone -> wipe. Ape's hearts -> hit them, cause him to endlessly heal.
    2. They soak up buffs/heals/auras being the worthless dead weights they are from useful players/tanks. Sometimes the tanks even die during huge heal checks because of some wayward pets standing too close soaking up the heals.
    3. They overburden an already overloaded system that's ignoring a fair share of damage strikes against large targets because the server can't keep up.
    4. They just all instantly vaporize any time an aoe goes off. And they literally do no meaningful dmg, or much of anything else at all. You're just spending more time replacing them on CD, then they spend actually doing anything. That just makes you a dead weight, if you're sitting there doing nothing but resummoning the whole time.

Take all of this into account, and it's easy to see why people don't want them around.

*tosses a grenade full of confetti and tomato sauce* Hisss!
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    nbkxs wrote: »

100% agree.

stairs0 wrote: »
    areee wrote: »
    I'd leave and never return if the pets were removed from game.

Oh no, I really hope people won't start running OP pet builds then. Would you still leave if they just nerfed them a bit? :/

They're already nerfed.
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    The threat of having pets nerfed further or completely removed... I'd like to discuss pet capabilities and performance more openly but that prevents me from doing so.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord