test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20210201.46 - Misc Fixes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2021 in PTS - The Archive
War on Peace Open Mission
  • Adjusted the Pillar of Poz ability to only be able to heal every set duration (previously it had no limit).
  • Fixed an issue where Krax and Eversole could despawn.

Nighthawk
  • Added Blast Greaves costume to the event store.

PTS
  • Added Blast Body Armor costume to the debugger store.

Perks
  • Fixed an issue with the Firespin, Lightshow, Orbital Strike, Suit Up and Power Stone costume transforms were not unlocking when completing their respective perks.

Costumes
  • Fixed scaling issue with the Reptillian head.
  • Fixed clipping issue on the female Cosmos chest wear item.
  • Fixed clipping issue with the male Raptor heads.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    What about Elemental Sorcerer's overpowered Lighting Storm?🤔
    Pretty sure the Block Break/Disable is not a feature you want along with Extra damage on 0 energy, Knock down on block, AoE, no warning and breaking the only way you suppose to defend yourself
    I won't let this down how, this is unfair design and I suggest once again Wireframe warning for the attack

The enemy itself is already challenging and interesting with the variety of elemental attacks, but the Block break is overkill
    War on Peace Open Mission
    • Adjusted the Pillar of Poz ability to only be able to heal every set duration (previously it had no limit).
    I hope this also includes him getting healed by hitting players with Illumination0
    This explains why it randomly failing​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Lightning storm, like all energy drain effects, makes it impossible to block once your energy hits zero, but is completely blocked if you block before your energy hits zero.
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 177 Arc User
    What about Team Up still being broken? It's impossible to join up for WoP, when clicked the Team Up button disappears and just... doesn't come back.
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    How about fixing The Serene Abyss itself, as Qouted from here
    Can we address several issues with this serial?

- The long wait time till it resets is ridiculous, it is ok for a mission as daily, but not the first time when you do it.
    - The long Travel time to the Lab and back to the docks, add them to the Crime Computer for god' sake, Catching a Wave and Dark Dealings at the Docks in particular, since missions asks you to go to the lab and not Ladyhawk, so Ravenswood and Ren Cen one not count for it even.
    - Handing in Catching a Wave at the Lab only to get A.P. Bio, so you exit the Lab only to re-enter it?
    - Catching a Wave again, in team it not counts the pearls as team, you need to collect individual, on top of competing with other players around those as well, because they are literal items you interact with and then vanish after for several minutes instead of just being an object you interact without vanishing.
    - The OM War on Peace mission is way too over scaled with normal enemies more dangerous than any Super Villain can be. Also, why no team up option?
    - A Mystical Visitor not often appears on a character, so you never get to the Serene Abyss Series, some of my chars not gotten it over days even repeating Death Rattle as daily several times. Just give it as normal mission to Ladyhawk as pickup and not this auto message thing, use the mail system for god's sake. It clearly not works well.
    - And not get me started on several enemies stacking debuffs way to high like Talisman which also knocks you out your block as well, making her fight a pain. Same goes for several new enemies doing the same now, see OM War on Peace again.
    - Also the New Shadow, new abilities are fine but the Immortals self-heal and knock back are way too overturned again, the knock reaches you out of reach even at times and their self-healing, even worse than before.
    - Also, NPC's can we buff Ladyhawk? She falls like a fly on every fight, why even give NPC's in a fight if they are useless and at worse only pull more as you wanted.
    - Unknowable, is there any reason to have another Object you have to destroy and not counting as proper Villain despite marked as one to generate energy properly? This was already annoying in the Mechanon missions.
    - And not get me started on several of those Super Villains having several Ultimate attacks. And those Sigils that explode and knock you randomly BEFORE they explode.

Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
    edited March 2021
    cryneting wrote: »

- The long wait time till it resets is ridiculous, it is ok for a mission as daily, but not the first time when you do it.
    - The long Travel time to the Lab and back to the docks, add them to the Crime Computer for god' sake, Catching a Wave and Dark Dealings at the Docks in particular, since missions asks you to go to the lab and not Ladyhawk, so Ravenswood and Ren Cen one not count for it even.
    - Handing in Catching a Wave at the Lab only to get A.P. Bio, so you exit the Lab only to re-enter it?
    - Catching a Wave again, in team it not counts the pearls as team, you need to collect individual, on top of competing with other players around those as well, because they are literal items you interact with and then vanish after for several minutes instead of just being an object you interact without vanishing.
    - The OM War on Peace mission is way too over scaled with normal enemies more dangerous than any Super Villain can be. Also, why no team up option?
    - A Mystical Visitor not often appears on a character, so you never get to the Serene Abyss Series, some of my chars not gotten it over days even repeating Death Rattle as daily several times. Just give it as normal mission to Ladyhawk as pickup and not this auto message thing, use the mail system for god's sake. It clearly not works well.
    - And not get me started on several enemies stacking debuffs way to high like Talisman which also knocks you out your block as well, making her fight a pain. Same goes for several new enemies doing the same now, see OM War on Peace again.
    - Also the New Shadow, new abilities are fine but the Immortals self-heal and knock back are way too overturned again, the knock reaches you out of reach even at times and their self-healing, even worse than before.
    - Also, NPC's can we buff Ladyhawk? She falls like a fly on every fight, why even give NPC's in a fight if they are useless and at worse only pull more as you wanted.
    - Unknowable, is there any reason to have another Object you have to destroy and not counting as proper Villain despite marked as one to generate energy properly? This was already annoying in the Mechanon missions.
    - And not get me started on several of those Super Villains having several Ultimate attacks. And those Sigils that explode and knock you randomly BEFORE they explode.

Main thing from this is that A Mystical Visitor does not appper, this needs to be addressed. Also can be please allow the Moonbase (Doors) from the Unknowable be the same damm thing as the one we have that is a PAID ITEM from the Zen Store?. It's quite an insult to see.
    Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User

Main thing from this is that A Mystical Visitor does not appper, this needs to be addressed. Also can be please allow the Moonbase (Doors) from the Unknowable be the same damm thing as the one we have that is a PAID ITEM from the Zen Store?. It's quite an insult to see.

Hm, so I've been re-doing the entire serial account wide for lore perks and there's a few things to note from that list of complaints.

First time runs of Death Rattle and Serene Abyss and Midnight Depths will have the standard 20 hour cooldown between missions. Additionally, after completing Death Rattle's Unknowable mission, you must wait 20 hours before A Mystical Visitor mission appears. (I did this just yesterday and progression is working well.)

I do think the travel time is a bit much but that's what vehicles and/or travel powers are for, its all within the same zone, so it's not that bad. Unless you are moving around zones without travel powers, this isn't a major issue to address, it falls more into preference and convenience than anything else (bugs etc)

This isn't an issue. That's just how missions work?

There are 25 total locations for pearls. Even if you were all running in a full team at the same time, you could all comfortably collect 4 or 5 each and be waiting for 1 or 2 pearls.

Thankfully there have been some adjustments, but I do agree there should be a team up option for WoP. It is definitely something you want a comfortable number of players for.

Tip: Do not stand close together when Bleak Ritualists appear. Take out Elemental Sorcerers first with extreme bias.

Not saying that the stacking debuffs on enemies is totally fine, I hate them with a passion but they can be manageable. Just takes a bit of practice and attention.

Immortal's knock and healing can be negated by moving away. If you are out of range when the perception cloud procs it won't affect you unless you move into it and sabotage yourself :pensive:

Elemental Sorc's lightning storm does feel like it needs wireframe or needs an adjustment of some kind to be less obnoxious. But for now, absolutely obliterating them before they can hit is the best way to deal with them.

She probably does need to be a bit more responsive, but I've noticed personally that she's pretty aggro grabbing lately which I don't mind as long as I can handle it. She doesn't attack random groups though in my experience, which is helpful.

Hydrophis fight is pretty obnoxious, there's no denying that. He's even worse on Elite with two other people because he becomes Legendary status, but if you can outlast his rotation he becomes more manageable.

Tip: Make use of space if you can. Don't back him into walls and draw him out of the little area he starts in. It makes dealing with his sigils much easier. You can stay in one place for him to drop sigils then move out of the area and continue attacking without having to worry about them.

-
    edited March 2021
    I do think the travel time is a bit much but that's what vehicles and/or travel powers are for, its all within the same zone, so it's not that bad. Unless you are moving around zones without travel powers, this isn't a major issue to address, it falls more into preference and convenience than anything else (bugs etc-
    i highly disagree!
    It may be not a problem the first time you complete the chains and may never bother doing it again
    but farming the missions for Cores and resources (which is the prime reason to do it again once you get over the story) and doing it again on new character shows how obnoxious it is!
    The game just makes you do Fetch quests and going back and forth like a ping pong ball from Westside to Downtown for missions which don't even take 3 minutes to complete
    Once again! we have REMOTE ACCESS NPC contact, Crime Computer! It's been a feature ingame for years

Serene Abyss is less obnoxious because 3 of the missions are close to each other! Dr.Ka is kind enough to give you the next mission after completing From the Shadows
    Lightning storm, like all energy drain effects, makes it impossible to block once your energy hits zero, but is completely blocked if you block before your energy hits zero.
    And that's absolutely horrible design either it's intentional or unintentional

So you have to open up blocking and prey the RNG the enemy won't use the power on you, which has no warning and no telegraph pattern
    and if an another player brings the Lightning storm to your allies you are screwd

and once again, Lightning storm break my block via Knockdown, falling into a vicious circle of getting energy to 0 and get massive damage penalty because the game decided to ignore its own established rules for fake difficulty with an attack that already has huge advantages
    LOSS-LOSS scenario

This Block-disable needs to GO! You are not being fair with your players
    The advantages and penalties of this power alone makes the enemy more dangerous than the Boss

If that's your idea of making regular enemies challenging by breaking the game's rules and having unfair loopholes abuse, I despise it​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    First time runs of Death Rattle and Serene Abyss and Midnight Depths will have the standard 20 hour cooldown between missions. Additionally, after completing Death Rattle's Unknowable mission, you must wait 20 hours before A Mystical Visitor mission appears. (I did this just yesterday and progression is working well.)

Having these timer delays is the surest way to kill interest in these serial missions. Let's be frank, the missions are not really any more exciting than many of the mission chains that we have that do not require such lengthy delays between being able to do the missions. I wager some people will deal with the delays once, just to see what the chain is like. Some will grind them out for the not spectacular costume pieces and then stop. I am not sure how many players are going to bother with them on new characters going forward. Why go through those long delays again? I ran some of the missions repeatedly because I wanted the Sorcery aggro mod. Now I am done with them.
    I do think the travel time is a bit much but that's what vehicles and/or travel powers are for, its all within the same zone, so it's not that bad. Unless you are moving around zones without travel powers, this isn't a major issue to address, it falls more into preference and convenience than anything else (bugs etc)

Yep, all vehicle are now are glorified TPs. Maybe having to run all over the place to turn in/accept missions is the dev's cunning plan to boost vehicle relevance ;). Maybe they will next get rid of the Socrates communicator completely and we will have to turn in all missions in person! If a silver Primus agent can have a radio, Ladyhawke and Dr. Ka should be high enough status to have them too.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • esonverconradeesonverconrade Posts: 9 Arc User
    Fixed scaling issue with the Reptillian head.
    Is issue of non-skin material using skin material's color palette addressed too?
    edited March 2021
    Hm, so I've been re-doing the entire serial account wide for lore perks and there's a few things to note from that list of complaints. Additionally, after completing Death Rattle's Unknowable mission, you must wait 20 hours before A Mystical Visitor mission appears. (I did this just yesterday and progression is working well.)

Good god, why did I multi-quote!, took away to long to edit the other quotes out :s

Thanks for getting back to well, my multi-quote list. Most are from close pal, so I am just helping getting their "Complaints" as you put it more visible, as I do agree with most of them. However with what you've said about the Death Rattle's Unknowable mission, according to my Pal, even after 20 hours and finishing Death Rattle's Unknowable mission, they still do not appper, I have yet to have this issue yet but I have seen Zone report it as well.

So I am not sure if this is due to a bug or not, but it is something that is effecting a few players with what I can tell. So unless we're missing something (I doute it). then I'm still gonna report the bug.

P.S: The moon doors, was my own complaint, just to clarify. I REALLY find it kinda bad, that an Paid Item (with real money) I might add, hasn't got their doors open, yet a mission does. Not sure if this falls under False advertising or not (Given you can see the rooms outside of the base, if you open the Blast Door).
    Psi.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Having these timer delays is the surest way to kill interest in these serial missions. Let's be frank, the missions are not really any more exciting than many of the mission chains that we have that do not require such lengthy delays between being able to do the missions. I wager some people will deal with the delays once, just to see what the chain is like. Some will grind them out for the not spectacular costume pieces and then stop. I am not sure how many players are going to bother with them on new characters going forward. Why go through those long delays again? I ran some of the missions repeatedly because I wanted the Sorcery aggro mod. Now I am done with them.

Yep, all vehicle are now are glorified TPs. Maybe having to run all over the place to turn in/accept missions is the dev's cunning plan to boost vehicle relevance ;). Maybe they will next get rid of the Socrates communicator completely and we will have to turn in all missions in person! If a silver Primus agent can have a radio, Ladyhawke and Dr. Ka should be high enough status to have them too.

I agree!
    Psi.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User

It was my post obviously on some other thread, I am aware of the timer, but the problem is some characters not get the A Mystical Visitor mission at all even if Death Rattle Daily repeated several times by now, the mission should be manually take able from Ladyhawk simply and not like this due it clearly screws up like some perks do at times.

Some characters progress normally some will never see the Serene Abyss Serial this way. All characters are level 40 also and can enter Vibora Bay as well, as I am aware due that your character needs to be 36 for the second Series as well here, so that can be not the reason it not appears.
  • Hey what's the drop rate for the New Shadows Vampire Bat monster head (the one Bloodgorgers have)? Is it just from the Serene Abyss missions it drops because I've been killing more vampires than Buffy and no drop.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    is there a respawn point up near the open event is annoying running all the way every time from the Harmon labs area
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    is there a respawn point up near the open event is annoying running all the way every time from the Harmon labs area

Yup. Head to the northern side. It's at the side entrance.

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    While I haven't had any dire problems with the lightning storm (probably because I'm usually on a tank), I completely agree that the triple mechanic isn't good. This attack either needs a tell, or the knockdown removed. In its current form, it doesn't add anything to the fight. You just get stuck for a few seconds with nothing you can do.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Come to think of it before Stone launches his laser Drones that kill me instantly. I dont ever see a warning. 🤔 Is it just me?
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    panthrax77 wrote: »
    While I haven't had any dire problems with the lightning storm (probably because I'm usually on a tank), I completely agree that the triple mechanic isn't good. This attack either needs a tell, or the knockdown removed. In its current form, it doesn't add anything to the fight. You just get stuck for a few seconds with nothing you can do.
    Yeah if you play with a Defensive passive you won't have this issues!
    DPS and Support on the other hand...​​
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    You can see the drones spawn but still without warning, if you see new drones appear under him mostly I stay at close range I move immediately just randomly away till lasers pop fully. It is still bad to design how even one can kill you fast, considering lag at worse. He should have a Foom effect or so since he not uses it ad all not even his big laser attack that pushes you away. Overall it is a more enjoyable fight still with some minor phases and tactic to it.
This discussion has been closed.