test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What do C.O. players want?

On FEB 27, 2021 I asked the FACEBOOK C.O. folk this:

To those that say "I want more content", two questions: Have you completed every quest/mission?
Have you acquired everything possible?

My questions were met with some valid responses. I'm not going to COPY-PASTE anything, as it's a growing thread. If anyone so desires they can go to the link (below) to see how players are responding.

If you are someone that works at CRYPTIC STUDIOS please feel free to communicate with us; we (the community of players) like or love CHAMPIONS ONLINE, we spend lots of time and real-world money on it, and we really want to see it improve and continue to grow. Some comments may seem harsh, but don't take the one or few brutal comments to heart; as some have been playing for many years, so they may have lost all hope because many feel that the Developer isn't listening to reasonable requests/wants.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/114826438668944/permalink/1921950431289860/?comment_id=1923936584424578&notif_id=1614485577236212&notif_t=group_comment&ref=notif

Comments

• bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    If anything new, of any kind, is going to be added to CO, please don't retread what's already in the game. The world this MMO setting is based on is vast. There are literally hundreds of villainous characters already fully described in PnP Champions, with backgrounds, motivations, and in the majority of cases full-color artwork, most of whom haven't been translated to CO; and almost as many suggested plots for using them. A wide variety of organizations, places, cultural elements, are laid out in detail. It's a tremendous resource going to waste.

Also, please try to avoid bringing in more magic. That's only a fraction of the Champions setting that's disproportionately emphasized here. This genre is superheroes, not fantasy in spandex.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I have made two threads on this.

This game does actually have a lot of content but it feels like we have none because it's all extremely easy, boring and forgettable, plus we have the alert system which takes people away from the content.

They need to revamp everything and yes I second the previous reply, we need to get content that actually caters to the superhero genre.

With how popular the MCU is right now and possibly the DCEU I am surprised that this game barely gets any love from devs and owners.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Devs ... communicate their development thoughts. Can those be uttered in the same sentence?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    CO players do not have consistent wants, other than probably 'more costume parts'.
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    Shallow story.

No clear progression. No clear character development. Static environment that treats you the same from level 1-40.

There's no telling if serial story will add a spine to the game or a main scenario, but we need that badly.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    Revamps/Reviews for every power frame. There are several that are noticeably absent.
  • magpieuk2014magpieuk2014 Posts: 1,268 Arc User
    zman#5987 wrote: »
    To those that say "I want more content", two questions: Have you completed every quest/mission?
    Have you acquired everything possible?

Nope. Because (to a casual player like me) ending every story arc with a 5 man mission is obnoxious.

Boss fights have always been CO's achilles heel and generally they end up either bugged to pieces (Adventure Packs) or overtuned and only playable by people who have active guilds and all the gear. And given that grinding "All The Gear" involves days of grinding Onslaught Villains and Cosmics... nope.

The Comic Series is a good idea, drip feeding replayable content into the game should have been done years ago. But it is let down by shoddy story writing and poor quality control. I've played the first two parts of the series and have no idea what the story actually is, and the boss battles (again) are quite obnoxious. This is the same problem as the QWZ - what is the point of it? What's supposed to be happening? It's just a series of disconnected encounters in an area which seems to need a story.

So... what would I like?

- Immediate content, playable on log in. That means Alerts. I don't mind the fact they're plotless, that's OK, it's a quick encounter, and that's what the game needs. So often I log into this game and unless I have an Alt to level, there's nothing immediate to do, you can wait ages for queues to pop. So I go and play other games (they exist).

Rampages re-worked as part of the UNITY system, a reasonably challenging replacement for Grab Alerts when your character is Level 40. "Save The Earth" level difficulty and below. The developer challenge would be to make a series of SuperVillain confrontations for general characters without

a) obnoxious mechanics (knock spam!)
    b) permanent lockouts

and with

a) reasonable balance
    b) recogniseable mechanics
    c) short term rewards for casual play
    d) everything tied together, Vigilance style, with long term rewards to encourage replay

- More Power Reworks and Archetypes

Seems to have stalled, which is a shame. A Modern Soldier Archetype is easily within reach, another Force based archetype, too.

- Fewer mean-spirited nerfs.

Everytime I come back to this game I find that something has been nerfed. I think we all agree that the game is a little too easy and that a little more structured difficulty would be welcome... but squandering goodwill in this way is just daft.

CO players do not have consistent wants, other than probably 'more costume parts'.

And that's OK. It's part of the cycle that keeps CO going. Every new costume set that drops, someone's using it as inspiration for a new character, and they take it and level it to 40, and it keeps the Alerts busy so that there appears to be Something To Do. If they can use those level 40s to grind more costume pieces to make more new Alts.. the game keeps going.

edited March 2021
    Some other QoL things:
    • Upgrade Hideouts so they have access to the Auction House
    • Lower the number of players needed to generate an SG to three
    • Add SG Hideouts with Shared Bank Access, Auction House access and Unity style multiple zone exits so you can get from Zone to Zone quicker (i.e. no need to go to the SuperJet to change zones, you can do it via the Hideout).
    • Allow hideout access from Powerhouses without committing to settings.
    • Allow the purchase of an enhanced Crime Computer which shows..

Instances of each Zone and the number of Players
      Event info - boss spawn locations, countdowns till spawn
      Open Missions - locations, status indications (idle, started, boss spawn)
      Repeatable Mission locations

And has a Check In Function, allowing players to select a location and hit a beacon to advertise interest in a piece of content (Destroyer's Factory, Mercy Hospital Check in for Rampages, Cosmic locations, etc)
    • Create devices to allow players to drop "Teleport To..." markers and allow quick team ups/map movements
    • Make UNITY a proper end game SG - complete everyday missions for Tokens for Vehicles, lvl 40 gear (Blue quality), limited use gadgets, crafting enhancements, a way of grinding out everyday better gear.
    • Be less parsimonious with Level 40 power tinkering. There's a world of difference between a character which is fun to level in alerts and worth playing in Cosmics/Lairs. And we've priced newer players out of that process. Going back to the days where you got a free Retcon for all toons every time one hit Level 40 probably isn't going to happen, but how about a bonus Account-wide token when you level up 3, 5, 10 characters and then every 5 afterwards?

Nope. Because (to a casual player like me) ending every story arc with a 5 man mission is obnoxious.
    Very few story arcs end with a 5-man mission -- nothing below level 28, and only a minority of the arcs above that level.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    As I said in my other threads and this might disagree with some people but it's fine we don't have to agree on everything.

I do NOT like alerts. I think in some cases they are good to have something extra to do but at this poing they are **taking away** from the game. The devs have gone and spent time and budget on AMAZING missions with AMAZING maps and environments (hi-pan, save the earth, etc) and yet... we only see these alerts every...few months when they rotate in? And we don't even get to enjoy them properly because everyone rushes in to get dailies done (Save the earth is a good example it has 3 routes with different rewards two of which are never done) It's a waste. They also spent a while revamping the qularr simulation just to slap it in an alert.

A good QOL change in my opinion would be proper scaling in story missions (not serial story, main game story), not only so that the game doesn't treat you the same from level 1 to 40 but so that people feel encouraged to do content and to actually bring a team with them.

So,

Suggestion:

-Add a proper difficulty slider in story missions, that also changes the types of mobs that spawn, so we get tougher ones like in alerts and those enforcer/behemoth type enemies that we rarely, if ever see. Or a slider that affects the amount of mobs based on team size.

-Add better rewarding from defeating enemies, like more xp and resources, and lastly you don't need to multiply rewards in teams just don't make that reward split or limited when you're in a team with others, make it a fair amount for all.
    Because at the end of the day this is an MMO, and while I don't think it should prevent people from soloing I think it should give people an incentive to play together for better rewards rather than not to. Otherwise what's the point in it being an MMO, the couple cosmic fights we get that are constantly being trolled nowadays?

People want new content yeah for sure but like this game already has massives amount of content that feels dull and unrewarding so no one ever really plays it and just skips to quick xp alerts.

So a revamp like this might be difficult but worth the effort.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    I only care for New Powers, Synergies, Bug fixes, Buffs and Power revamps those days, even if I'm into Endgame content, which becomes draining, repetitive and frustating depending on the people who participate and troll!
    Some of the unrevamped powerframes are an Embarrassment to play in endgame

The fact that we still have unrevamped Powerframes being stuck on Pre-Alert mechanics and values is pathetic! Instead of Nuking the VEHICLE Subsystem, you could use that 1 year to revamp another powerfame!

What I love most about this game is creating characters, both on the appearences (Tailor customization) and BUILD as well as maxing out the potential of said builds
    The Freeform system is a huge aspect for me, and seeing the Power Progression being frozen for 2 years is really frustating

I'm running out of interesting FF ideas, especially those who combine 2-3 different powerframes perfectly, I don't want to make more characters who are 1 powerframe focus each
    • Archery: Underwelming, missing a lot of important balance choices (like a proper Debuff and fixing bugged powers) Still waiting for that Archery revamps even since last Valentine
    • Earth: Underwelming damage, Unfocused Melee powers! Lag from Debris! Sluggish
    • Wind: Better place on Earth on the DPS aspect but has some really outdated mechanic and leaves me want more! ALSO LAG ISSUES
    • Gadgeteer: All over the place, outdated powers and mechanics, really limited choice of DPS and underwelming Healing/Support (whooping 2 powers)
      Throught the life of CO, there have been multiple MMO Videogames with better medical Gadgeteer
      Even Team Fortress 2 Has a healing ray gun for pete's sake
    • Force: Aka Force Cascade-thats it, thats the entire powerframe, nothing more! It has more holes than swiss cheese, Passive which gets eaten, so Energy Unlock, no Debuff powers, Force Cascade is the only focus!
      You need to steal Passive, EU and Debuff from other powerframes to make it work
      Because the original devs thought it was a good idea to make Force Cascade eat up Kinetic Manipulation, Powerframe cannibalism
      oh and Personal Force Field still being the worst of the worst tanking passives
    • Telepathy: OH GOD, TELEPATHY
    • Celestial: Only good for Healing, no DPS choice, why even releasing a Celestial Utility core with the current state? Magic evolved from being support only to DPS and infernal got Support choises
    • Dual Blades and Fighting Claws stand out for their amazing damage but really lack of powers, they makes you desire more

Seems DEV's idea to balance "HARD" difficulty content is KNOCK SPAM and MOB SPAM (Save the Earth, Therakiel Temple)
    and revamping content who nobody cares about like Destroyer's Factory, why even bother?

The new series lost me because its been Work the progress for the past 3 years now, the writing is bad and the way the missions are designed (going back and forth in Westside and Downtown, YAY) as well as some badly boss fights who just go NUKE for solo-difficulty
    spamming 2 DoTs, sigils, unvoidable and 3 Ultimates, Whatever is this?
    the only reason to replay those is to constantly farm for SCR and the magic cores!

Events are nothing more than a chore and an excuse to make people log in the repeat the same recycled content

Old Mission leveling Content has been boring once you done multiple times because its been outdated! Dont even know how do you balance this out now

The costumes we been getting every 3 months via the vile Lockboxes has been really unimaginative, some of them are even rehash of existing costumes! Even if I get inspiration to create new characters, I stop because I run out of FF Builds

TL;DR: Focus on Power progression​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
    Very few story arcs end with a 5-man mission -- nothing below level 28, and only a minority of the arcs above that level.

Necrull. Doctor Destroyer's Robot Factory. Telios' Tower. Rhinoplasty. Steel Crusade. The Mandragalore. Andrith Ruins. VB Apocalypse/Therakiel. QWZ/Shadow Destroyer. NemCon. All the significant high-level arcs end with a Lair/OM that need a five man team and then have mechanics which don't lend themselves to casual team adventures (well, apart from Nem Con).

And that's OK, but the OP was asking whether we'd played everything. The answer is No, because Lairs etc take too long to organise, are too painful to play, and have unimpressive rewards. And that's why so much stuff in this game goes unused. Everyone who can play it has milked it and doesn't need the rewards (so there's no-one to carry) and everyone else can't play it at all (as Save The Earth, which is moderately difficult, shows). So that's why I'd like more Alert-style stuff.
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    ^ To add to that list, Project Awakening, Stronghold, and Viper Nest (Monster Island). Most of the lairs can be soloed at Lv 40, obviously with higher level lairs being more difficult, but the revamps to Andrith Ruins, Dr. Destroyer's Factory, and Therakiel's Temple have me scared that won't always be the case.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    MORE TIGHTS!!!
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Necrull. Doctor Destroyer's Robot Factory. Telios' Tower. Rhinoplasty. Steel Crusade. The Mandragalore. Andrith Ruins. VB Apocalypse/Therakiel. QWZ/Shadow Destroyer. NemCon. All the significant high-level arcs end with a Lair/OM that need a five man team and then have mechanics which don't lend themselves to casual team adventures (well, apart from Nem Con).
    Only Rhinoplasty and Therakiel's Temple are actually at the end of particularly large arcs, the rest of them are fairly average size, comparable to arcs that end in in single or small team missions, such as the Mega-Terak, Argent, and Slug arcs on Monster Island, and shorter than the West Side and Menton arcs. The end of Steel Crusade isn't even a five-man, it's listed for three.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    - Moar SUPERHERO stuff.
    - Power revamps; until every set is up to date.
    - Improved Nemesis system, minion customization, delete/rename Nemesis features...
    - More hideout themes and decor.
    - Better communication and transparency.
    Post edited by spordelia on
  • This game has a severe case of things being either way too over nerfed or too over buffed, wether that means players and their abilities or missions and enemies, there's no proper balancing on things.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    This is technically the same as 'What would we like to see for 2021 thread'. So what am I a broken record?
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    edited March 2021
    Though worth discussing think some of these suggestions are 'pretty balsy' to quote my boy Arnold. I'll try some that feels possible. Half the time I think the Devs have a hard time sorting out the games coding and your asking them to do some pretty heavy changes. Its also tiring to go through the same topic every time an seeing little to no progress made. If it's money they need we can start a fund raiser with a backer system that rewards donation level. CO is a good game that stands the test of time to current MMOs. We can resurge CO.

1. Visuals First Impressions

The comic book style is not bad. But the interface via pop ups, alert log could look better in small areas.

*Upon creating a new character, I immediately rearrange UI, config my keys, turn off names over pets, turn off auto facing, turn on non combat cancels on enegry builder. Little things that make the play a lot more comfortable. And a lot of players don't know they can do this. How about a tutorial for this? The UI itself doesn't bother me but it could be revamped. Maybe different visual options. Devs could try tweaking small parts of the game interface and prey it doesnt break the game. Like when we get warning messages, notifications from crime computer or ladyhawk for example. Allow for a larger box message not a tiny thing on the side of the screen.

*Change the Default AT costumes. Throw a CC using only default costume parts. Allow pole for players to vote, do anything just remake them. Yall got The Thing with sunglasses and a cape for mountain AT. Really, How does a golem even put on glasses?

*I find that all cops and NPC love superheroes blowing up everthing. This isn't reality. This may be linked to my personal desire of darker universes. Let NPCs insult me no matter what level I am.

2. Story Missions

MC
    *After completing WS the rest of the story fades into obsecurity. The threat level of villians like Poe, Hi Pan and Fox bat who are jokes continue on to Psy region. The villains do not seem like the pose any real threat or challenge to players. Nor will losing to them change the out come of the universe. They are just not mean enough. In. Fantasy MMO we would get some scary looking bois. But madusa is treated like a generic joke. She doesn't even get a cutscene. In progression the threat level of these villain should be memorable.

Only thing I can say about DT there are robots, empty streets and the fakest looking building I ever seen. The demons act is not tackled properly. These are demons standing in broad daylight. And they consume a greater section of DT than they should. THESE DEMONS SHOULD BE INVISIBLE ONLY TO ATTACK WHEN A LOWBIE GET TOO CLOSE OR the player has reached the quest chain allowing you to see them. Also with certain indicators like the blueish portals where a demon mob would spawn if attacked by a player. And then with larger more powerful demons in the finally act. Then continue off to VB.

Vibora Bay
    *Boring after apocalypse. Too much Vampire and werewolf mobs all over the map.

MA
    *It's alright

Lumeria
    *Lumari-Where?

3. Booster player spirit for lore

I've always said it hard to fall into CO lore after creation. Its a problem all super heroes face is being a version of some thing else or the world is too bland. In a fantasy MMO players are treated to a new world they may never see in real life and become immersed. The super verse can do this in a sense with better interactive environments and NPCs

*Defender is far too generic he needs an ultimate chest beam superior to all beams you've ever seen that may be even harmful to his own use. Make a unique emblem of a raised shield on his chest aka the defender logo. Inside it the most powerful chest cannon known to man.

*Use Socrates as the zen purchase mascot.

*Make emotes account unlock. Add more usable ones.

*Land vehicles. No more excuses. I am fed up with the sorry excuses. The game do have enegry slide and your telling me land vehicles not possible for players? They can't even fix NPC cars to not bunny hop and 2 wheel on a side when coming up a hill. Its an embarrassment!

4. Souper He Rows

*Add new super hero based missions like burning buildings or Jimmy is about to fall from a building! You have two minutes to get to his location. Most missions are so anti climatic. Some NPC comes to me an ask me to get 6 computers in a museum then mission ends. Pfft...

5. Alerts

*Player are most likely sick of repetitive alerts. I said before to use those nemesis mobs for other stuff. Add new villians. Rework boss fights by making them more challenging and they power set more saucy. Update old boss mobs and npc costumes. Get more factions in open world and touch it with either a serious or light hearted approach. Like a 'pirates villian club' a new mob causeing trouble around MC.

6. What's the current hype?

*For small releases use current social media hype to lure in new players. I know it's not possible to make items on the spot given CO planning in advance. But I feel that CO ignores what is going on in the world. I've seen tons of games use parody to release ideas from other sources. I'm not saying reap of content and make a mess of things. But there are stuff like DBZ or anime hair that lacks in game. Frankly I don't think the game should focus on superhero stuff alone because we at desperate times to pull a larger audience. I say go big or go home. Risk it all to win it all!

*Some players have really good suggestions. Like the flag tights. I don't want to go into this too much.

7. Community

How about SG leader boards every month. I was originally thinking PVP but then people would find a way to abuse that system. So I was thinking more along a points system. I would like a crack team of scientist to brainstorm on this.

*No advertisement, no cosplay, very little character art.

8. Events

*Hero vs Villain PVP event. Each character may choose a faction by the end of the event the side with the most points win the war. This would be the most live event to the player base allowing them to compete and play together in a new way.

*Expand Hi Pan event to Dragon vs Asian Warrior.

9. Zones!

Let's talk about the massive lack of zones. I really wanted a neo Tokyo zone. Base of cyber ninja. It would of been a good way to build of the Cyberpunk 2077 hype. While also having a peaceful asian country side with a more ancient monk-ish tone. I do believe I may never see this in my life time. So currently let's improve MC.

*Add air Calvary to DRA. Revamp open missions like they did to the Qualaar alert.

*Fishing open mission? We should have a beach scenery. This would boost RP and CO hot spots.

10. Travel Powers

*Sonic them song plays. Have you ever seen a super hero fly? Why do we need to waste points and device space to get a tiny edge? The they say blah blah blah sad reasons why not... Boost Full charge speed.

*Start working on a mechanic that makes super speed run vertical while hold spacebar and gilt forward a bit when we let it go. I'm not asking on that one I'm telling. 😁 Most of these are most likely possible but I believe the time and resources to the Devs are not provided.

11. Powers

*Revamps aside powers need to look flashy and play fluid with other powers. Just little things to make the game look fun.

12. Endgame

*Some of GCR/Nem/SVO prices should be halfed during certain events. Allow us to get the stuff while we still interested in it.

*Grond Cosmic in desert?

*Dino OV, more OVs if any

*Should some AFs be bigger? Forget the whole space delama. We have to add a few things to wow people.

*Will Personall Mags ever be released?

13. Fever Dreams

*Vehicle/Sidekick customisation
    Or Sidekick unbound token in Q store

*NPCs of characters you create in Hideout (Skyrim)

(Going to stop here for now. I can go on all day to be honest.)
  • piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    1. Butt slider.

2. Hat/headwear slider.

3. More variety in Alerts - I love Day at the Mall as a grab, but some of the bank heists drag - reward should scale (like PoP) and there should be more - burning building where we put out fires, bubble victims so they can get out, and fight the arsonist - but also more locations for them - there's really only like 3 places - Mall, the garage, bank.

4. More Comic Series - everybody dumpin on it, but guess what? We're all doing them. And personally, I think they're pretty darn good, and with a little more investment into em they'd be great. Drops are worth getting, story is repeatable without getting too boring (except Catch a Wave, that needs to be removed and doesn't appear to tie in to anything so far).

5. More of the Hi-Pan alert zone - that's a GORGEOUS location with amazing assets that come up, what? Once every two months? Give us a series or the thing like Whiteout or whatever in the lost Eastern inspired lands. Or make it an outdoor "lair" or raid or something.

6. More reason to go to other zones. Events like Bloodmoon and High Noon are a great way to get us out to more parts of the world - send us out to the desert prison, or to deal with an alien invasion in Canada.

7. Reasons to do AND REPEAT story content - XP is better in alerts, as is resource gathering - DON'T CHANGE THIS, ppl like it, but story content needs purpose. Put auras out there, or something like a cosmic key reward in VB (once per toon only, maybe bound or something - attainable, but requires real investment in a toon instead of just slapping one together and farming a key a day).

8. More device slots - we need stuff like 3 passive device slots (thorn shield, inborn tenacity, orbital howitzer), 3 Active devices (sidekicks, vehicles, attacks - magic gauntlets, cloak of infinite planes, robot factory, the stomp attack thing), and 3 power/effect replacers (flaming pumpkin, UF-Whatever plasma beam thingy).

9. Reason to do the OTHER open missions - goes along with the story content really - give us a reason to explore the world.

10. Horde mode alert.

11. Develop our villains more. There's A LOT of lore, but we're given almost none of it. We need an arc - bring them back. Take us through a level with them - NemCon is a good starting point - they come out right at the start, taunt us then we find them again later - We need more interactions like that, not just standing in the last room of an instance for a fight. Cybermind is a different kind of example - he's with us the whole way through, being annoying, and throwing nonsense at us. Maybe have a villain like Deadman Walkin pop up as we go through a warehouse to take potshots at us, or Nocturne staying a step ahead of us, quick fight, bring her to 2/3 HP, she poofs away, we move forward through some goons or traps, catch up, fight her to 1/3 HP, then she binds us and gets to the final room where she gets a magic rock or something and get's that PoP/Rad Rumble buff and we take her down.

12. More flexibility for ATs - give the option for alternate builds/playstyle.

13. More pepper in the dialogue. Every time somebody calls me "hero" it sounds like placeholder and takes me out of it. But a villain puts some stank on it, with a sneer as they say it, now it sounds derisive and personal. Sincerity using hero as a pronoun is difficulty, but a little sarcasm or irony can make it feel more believable ("big damn heroes sir") and can evolve to sincerity through the story.

14. More pop-up story prompts - Ladyhawke showing up and talking to you is a great step forward; same with Sky Command - use the comic book style to the fullest, and combine it with the pop-up dialogue - there's a disparity between cutscene artwork and cutscene in-game - incorporate comic portraits like Defender and the Until Lady that yells about them going for the engines into stuff like the Alert dialogue in Red Winter - Speech bubbles are a nice touch, but often hard to see and don't engage the player visually. Change Ladyhawke's pop-up portrait to match the others in-game. Develop a consistent style, even if it's combining different elements to achieve it.
    - 14a. Along these lines, update the existing quests - I suggested this before but do it like competitions - cast voices from the community - request voice lines to be read - 5-10 second samples and winner(s) gets to read the part and 10 keys or something, and start filling in the gaps of some of the voiceless missions.

15. More power advantages that let us change damage type and visualization - OHH's ghostly strikes or clinging flames style advantages, and Ego Blade - ID blade. Especially on Force and Might - let them be advantageable to be Toxic/Particle/Fire/Chi/etc so there can be a bit more interplay between sets.

16. Foundry.

17. Shared bank sort button, second tab for Shared Mod Bank with sort button.

18. Boob slider.
    Always fun to see these "what players want" threads that ask for the moon when the reality is that we'll get:
    1. Maybe a power revamp.
    2. Maybe a lair revamp.
    3. Maybe 3-4 lockboxes.
    4. Some costume pieces that used to be accessible in events hidden inside the trade paperback store (or just removed, period)
    5. Some costume pieces added to an event stores that take #x mission completions to unlock.
    6. Some new mods, half of which will not have any real use.
    7. Power replacers seem to be a thing.
    8. Nerfs to some things that players enjoy.
    9. Maybe a few new missions (odds are that most of them will not see much playtime after initial release).

And that's it until some player wins a powerball lottery and donates half the amount to development work for CO.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • New powers - how about water and plant based powers? How about adding some new ones to existing power sets like a pyramid trap power that roots enemies? How about being able to throw a skull shaped blast with infernal magic? And of course we have being able to turn into different animals and creatures with different power sets too. How many of us want the ability to become the vampire monster the Become Vampire thing has? Or have the ability to change that giant bat into a giant werewolf, other monsters too?

And we need to re-work Force. Please oh please. Take inspiration from DBZ and give us new powers - we need an AoE force blast power that shoots multiple shots. Also you can add magnetism into the powerset so you either blast like Goku or be Magneto.

Water powers do crushing damage and could be part of earth if not their own place. Add in fun summons like sharks and we have a power set.

Plants do poison and also are good at buffing yourself and your team. And for those who like to control giant tree people, there's that as a summon.

Shapeshifting into bear or wolf forms with their own power sets when changed is just a cool idea. Maybe you are a Druid who uses elemental magic and shape shifting powers.

How about being able to create your own sidekick at certain level? It can be a token to be purchased in the store and you can create a level 15 or so helper for yourself for like 2000 Zen. You customize them entirely.

Also a more proper villain mode. At level 10, you are approached by a mysterious being who will give you the ability to temporarily become a villain with a magic stone that will the world see you as a villain while it is used. Engage in new missions where YOU are the villain doing the heists and have heroes try and stop you. The stone is a daily mission that when used gives up to like 5 hours where you are a villain and be treated like one by the game until the time elapses. Or even easier, allow you to play a Nemesis you create in missions where you are the bad guy. You have to have a Nemesis to play for this to work. But it's an easy mission and a cool one where you can play a villain either your character temporarily becomes one or you can play a Nemesis.

As for too much magic - I would love to see a space invasion by a force we haven't seen yet. Surely the books have enough alien enemies.
  • aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    My wishlist is basically this:
    • More powerset revamps until each set is finally modernized. This seems to be universally loved by just about everyone so I'm not sure why it isn't a higher priority.
    • More superhero-themed costume parts and content instead of creature feature nonsense
    • Enemy revamps to make foes more interesting without resorting to energy drains, excessive knocks/stuns, and cheap heals. And especially no more irritating absorb shields and aura of radiant make-everything-take-longer-to-kill
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
    > @piontest#9391 said:
    > 1. Butt slider.
    >

You know when you say things like buttslider you can confirm yourself they not going to do it. Why don't you say waist depth. Meanwhile I really need a upper waist firm my bulkier toons.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Yes I've completed all the missions. In fact, I've done them all on one character (not to mention my other ~35 level 40s). I have a large number of the drops (and the drop rates are stupid low on a lot of things, well beyond the point where expecting people to actually farm them all is not reasonable).

What do i want?

NEMESIS
    -More powerframes and minion options (including CO organizations)
    -More nemesis mission options, so you aren't replaying the same ones over and over again
    -More nemesis appearances outside nemesis missions, and a more prominent role for your nemesis in major story arcs.
    -More choices on nemesis personality/motivations/etc..., and different nemesis story arcs based on these choices. (Why does my magical nemesis build a death ray?)

Nemesis should be the centerpiece of the game. Instead, its an ignored and forgotten side system.

FOUNDRY
    It was literally the best part of STO. Its possibilities for a superhero game are even more amazing. That we never got it is criminal.

Also STOP making existing story content inaccessible to 95% of the playerbase. Therakiel's Temple revamp, I'm looking at you. Most content should be geared towards solo play, anyway, as there aren't enough players left to reliably team, much less content which only a small proportion of that playerbase can do.

That's pretty much it. They could do nothing else but power revamps and new costume pieces till the end of time, and I'd be happy.
    As for too much magic - I would love to see a space invasion by a force we haven't seen yet. Surely the books have enough alien enemies.

Literally scores of them. One alien race, the Hzeel, have been planning an invasion for decades. The Champions PnP books had been building up to that before Cryptic bought the IP, and decided they wanted to develop the Qularr and Gadroon instead, who until that point had been little more than footnotes in Champions history. The Hzeel are short blue-skinned humanoids. How hard could that be to do?

But I'd rather the game gave us more of the foes actual comic-book superheroes spend most of their time fighting, supervillains. If someone wants aliens, the setting has alien villains. And powered-armor villains. And mutant villains. And cyborg villains. And martial-artist supervillains. And genetically-engineered villains. And robotic villains. And radiation-mutated villains. And every other kind of villain from comics, in addition to the sorcerers and monsters we keep getting. And along those lines,
    aesica wrote: »
    [*] More superhero-themed costume parts and content instead of creature feature nonsense

Yes, please. If the devs aren't familiar with the genre and could use some inspiration, I'd be happy to recommend some classic comic story arcs. You can buy many of them in trade paperback nowadays.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I agree so much on a lot of ideas, only thing I never get honestly is the appeal of people wanting to play as villains, I see the appeal itself, not get me wrong, but people seem to keep asking this in games where it clearly is not something you should be doing at all, like Final Fantasy XIV when people got hyped for Shadowbringers.

Of course, you can touch gray areas, but we see how it goes with game not established clear factions you can play in the beginning, look at Onslaught Villain how that turned out. It is also people often wanting PvP for it, which rarely appeals to me in games at all, so maybe just me. PvP in this game is dead already so, and with Freeform how you want to handle it? Just play an Archetype or Onslaught Villain with locked powers? This goes against the customization the game stands for honestly.
    It would be nice to see more fun Nemesis content/options added, but after StE maybe the devs should just let it be.
    NEMESIS
    -More nemesis mission options, so you aren't replaying the same ones over and over again
    -More nemesis appearances outside nemesis missions, and a more prominent role for your nemesis in major story arcs.
    -More choices on nemesis personality/motivations/etc..., and different nemesis story arcs based on these choices. (Why does my magical nemesis build a death ray?)

Nemesis should be the centerpiece of the game. Instead, its an ignored and forgotten side system.

JwLmWoa.png
    edited March 2021
    Of course, you can touch gray areas, but we see how it goes with game not established clear factions you can play in the beginning, look at Onslaught Villain how that turned out.

Onslaught could have been a system to provide random player generated Hero vs Villain Encounters in a game where - and we all seem to agree on this - there isn't enough superhero content. And when it first came out, that's what it was - the Community would turn out to have mass Hero vs Villain fights and a great deal of fun was had. Then the Devs decided the point of the system wasn't fun, it was token grinding and made hero participation nothing more than "No, Mister Bond.... I expect you to die!", and the system became the curious mutual grindfest it is today.

---

Power set revamps are popular and overdue but many of the recent ones have been very similar in style (Build Stacks/Rupture Stacks) and have limited, rather than enhanced, player choice. I don't see why they don't just throw in a few quick generalist powers just to open up the options. I had an idea a while ago for a SuperHuman power, which is basically just AoPM without the Support aspect, and with something like a fixed Aspect of the Machine / Generalist Toggle, that would open up a few more build options for minimum cost.

• locochoco#7652 locochoco Posts: 320 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    The major problem I recognize with the game content - and with what people in this thread seem fixated on - is that everything is mission based content.

The only thing to do in CO, is PvP or missions. Many of the missions lack actual story, because you only get a bit of written background establishing a loose plot or at least the makings of one. Then you just complete a series of generic tasks.
    • Investigate the base.
    • Defeat All Enemies Captains
    • Destroy all Energy Crystals

Yay! Now a modestly designed, signature CO style "Villain (Someone who frequently robs museums ad banks)" will appear in all his or her underdeveloped, shoehorned glory. In a short cutscene, they will burp up a few word bubbles, and then you defeat them, returning to mission giver.

This is not a good standard for mission layouts or play experience in this day and age. It may have slipped by in '06, '08, but this conversation is happening far too late. The CO devs don't seem interested in further significant investments in the content an community. Based on appearances and dev activity, this game is in the twilight stages, and the Devs are riding it out for as long as it will tread water.

The sad reality is, an I say this as someone who is bummed they didn't discover CO until 2020, is that in order for this game to worth investing in new content, they would have to overhaul a good 60% of the game's core makeup and systems. CO is one of those old niche games you can either appreciate for the novelty, or are simply too turned off by the archaic ways of the era.

Fact is, it's too late. The devs blatant neglect of this game isn't likely to up and stop, here and now in 2021.

jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    It would be nice to see more fun Nemesis content/options added, but after StE maybe the devs should just let it be.
    NEMESIS

Nonsense, STE is great. Best piece of content added since Resistance.
    NEMESIS

Not if you want to do something with YOUR Nemesis. You have a 1 in 5 chance of seeing your own Nemesis, and that is for a tiny bit of time at the end. Most of it is wading through mooks and blowing up devices. Not real Nemesis content by my
    standards.

It would be so much more fun to have a 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 fight between a group of heroes and their Nemeses. E.g. they want to steal something from the MC dock area and the heroes have to stop them. Probably the AI couldn't handle such an encounter, but that's my dream.

JwLmWoa.png
    The whole, "wade through mooks to get to the boss" scenario is actually a minority of the battles in comics. While it does occur, the focus is much more often on the actual colorful, unique supervillains who are tough enough to challenge the hero(es). The Champions source books are full of supervillain teams, mastermind villains who have other supers as minions, and independent villains who sometimes team up or are hired to work together for specific jobs.

IMO changing the weight of the battles to emphasize supervillains more would go a long way toward bringing a comic-book flavor back to the game.
    Yep. That's hitting the nail on the head. Most of the time we are fighting mobs of mooks or monsters. We need more supervillain fights. For all its glitches, Bunker Buster (the Nemesis mission) is far and away my favorite content because you get to see a lot of supervillains. So tired of Viper and Argent goons (who even show up on the moon!). As has been noted on various other threads over the decade, there are a fair number of villains already in the game that appear as one-offs, so its not like having to create a bunch of stuff from scratch to start off. Just reuse those existing assets and give us some hero on villain fights. Maybe the AI can't handle it, but it would sure feel more like the comic book source materil that way.
    bulgarex wrote: »
    IMO changing the weight of the battles to emphasize supervillains more would go a long way toward bringing a comic-book flavor back to the game.
    JwLmWoa.png
    It's amazing how few actual 'villain superteam' battles this game has, despite them being pretty common in genre. We have Grab the Money, Red Winter (alert or Bunker Buster), the unnamed random team from Bunker Buster, and that's about it. The 'epic stronghold' link in my sig was my thoughts (from five years ago!) on more superhero-ish content, and it feels as valid today as it did then.
    BogusWholeAuk-size_restricted.gif
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    The CO devs don't seem interested in further significant investments in the content an community. Based on appearances and dev activity, this game is in the twilight stages, and the Devs are riding it out for as long as it will tread water.

Fact is, it's too late. The devs blatant neglect of this game isn't likely to up and stop, here and now in 2021.

I've been fortunate having joined the CO community in 2013. Since then the Devs have done a great job in pretty much all of the areas I care about. They inherited a game engine and code from 2009 that's changed ownership and dev teams along the way including being initially designed to be a Marvel game. The current Dev team continues to do an admirable job with the assets they were given, technical resources and limited budget they have.

From a player base that hates long cutscenes to the point where the Devs put in an opt out system, I'm sure they are keenly aware of the challenges with developing in-depth story arcs as well.

Everyone, including the Devs I'm sure, wishes there was enough staff, money and company support to remake the game from the ground up but that's simply not reality.

To accuse the current Dev team of blatant neglect is completely unwarranted.
    edited March 2021

I've been fortunate having joined the CO community in 2013. Since then the Devs have done a great job in pretty much all of the areas I care about. They inherited a game engine and code from 2009 that's changed ownership and dev teams along the way including being initially designed to be a Marvel game. The current Dev team continues to do an admirable job with the assets they were given, technical resources and limited budget they have.

To accuse the current Dev team of blatant neglect is completely unwarranted.

This is supposed to be a more positive thread about what CO players would want, so turning it into a discussion of the Developers is unwelcome and likely to get it shut down. I think we all understand how CO's stop/start development has led to a bitza product which is difficult to work with and maintain.

But I think we can, fairly, criticise those repeated balancing / design errors and QC problems which have led to things like the War on Peace debacle currently unfolding in Sakura Park. We all want more supervillain encounters, according to this thread, but we want ones which are reasonably balanced and accessible to all. Instead there is such a wide range of player power levels in the game that the encounters are almost impossible to balance; and that's down to the way in which power changes and gear have been added to the game. The players didn't do that.

I hope they can get that right and make WoP workable for a reasonably casual team. Because it's currently a total roadblock to completing the Serial story arc. People will make the effort now, as it's new content and they want the costumes, but if it stays as it is, in a few weeks it will be *more* abandoned content. And that's a waste of time.

• areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    Slider rework in character customization allowing finer points in adjustments to our heroes. Perhaps a redo of the character mesh itself so various gear and parts can be connected, adjusted, resized separately, and smoothly intergrated with each other.

(Also more pet summoning powers)
    NEMESIS

Not if you want to do something with YOUR Nemesis. You have a 1 in 5 chance of seeing your own Nemesis, and that is for a tiny bit of time at the end. Most of it is wading through mooks and blowing up devices. Not real Nemesis content by my
    standards.

It would be so much more fun to have a 3 on 3 or 5 on 5 fight between a group of heroes and their Nemeses. E.g. they want to steal something from the MC dock area and the heroes have to stop them. Probably the AI couldn't handle such an encounter, but that's my dream.

Well, I'd certainly agree that would be *better*. That STE is still the best content added in almost a decade shows just how starved for nemesis content the game is.

(Also, that's a problem with a lot of the existing nemesis content as well - the focus on the minions rather than a fight against the nemesis).
  • subjustsubjust Posts: 48 Arc User
    Want more engaging instanced content with less mooks and more big boss battles!
  • piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    > @piontest#9391 said:
    > 1. Butt slider.
    >

You know when you say things like buttslider you can confirm yourself they not going to do it. Why don't you say waist depth. Meanwhile I really need a upper waist firm my bulkier toons.

Because I want a butt slider, not waist depth. I want to be all Anastasia Kvitko/Demi Rose Mawby up in here. Let me be thicc!

As for the whole writing thing - I think the comic series is a strong move forward - it's great to see some actual story arcs in game, with some decent to good voice acting to make it feel alive. I actually do have some investment in Ka and Ladyhawke - we've fought together, backed each other up, etc. I care where this story goes, and if we continue getting content of that caliber or better, I'm all for it. Which is why I keep suggesting going back and cleaning up some of the already existing content - when they did the Westside revamp, it was fantastic, but it needs a bit more love.
  • zman#5987 zman Posts: 15 Arc User
    Suggestion: Shuriken Energy Builder

The shuriken (i.e. Shuriken Throw) already exists as a power (within UNARMED). I have yet to see anyone use it; it’s a very weak attack, used aesthetically if used at all. If this existing (Shuriken Throw) power was also an Energy Builder it would give the Martial Arts power group a practical range energy builder. Currently there’s no range energy builder among the Martial Art (Dual Blades, Fighting Claw, Single Blades, & Unarmed) power group. If made into an energy builder more than one shuriken (2 stars) should be thrown at once; added perks: 3 stars plus 10% energy bonus, poison stars.
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    Prioritization of buffing/fixing what underperforms over nerfing what performs well, as well as finishing existing incomplete stories and content over introducing new ones and content revamps.

And no, I haven't done all there is to do. I don't find enjoyment in hours of repetitive grinding with little to show for it, and there are a couple things that are simply impossible for me to do myself.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    I mean, the topic itself is going to get ignored, cuz thats how PW works, but I'll give it a shot

Short and simple one: Open. The. Moonbase. Doors
    Psi.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    If anything new, of any kind, is going to be added to CO, please don't retread what's already in the game. The world this MMO setting is based on is vast. There are literally hundreds of villainous characters already fully described in PnP Champions, with backgrounds, motivations, and in the majority of cases full-color artwork, most of whom haven't been translated to CO; and almost as many suggested plots for using them. A wide variety of organizations, places, cultural elements, are laid out in detail. It's a tremendous resource going to waste.

Also, please try to avoid bringing in more magic. That's only a fraction of the Champions setting that's disproportionately emphasized here. This genre is superheroes, not fantasy in spandex.
    The whole, "wade through mooks to get to the boss" scenario is actually a minority of the battles in comics. While it does occur, the focus is much more often on the actual colorful, unique supervillains who are tough enough to challenge the hero(es). The Champions source books are full of supervillain teams, mastermind villains who have other supers as minions, and independent villains who sometimes team up or are hired to work together for specific jobs.

All of these, BINGO.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • Aside from all the good things posted, I will keep mine simple: An update on how the team is doing. Like, an actual message. Maybe getting a little insight on how a day of the life of Developer X or Artist Z?
    [ @Skaargoroth in-game / @summerfields on the Forums ]
    Current character roaster: The Iconica, Lady Mythica, Black Jackal, Omni-Woman, Fantomask
    Currently waiting for: Moar comics! And maybe City of Titans, too. Hopefully!
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    I know its a pipe dream, but I would like to see a GM mode for people to run real roleplaying content. Bring your group into a private instance from a choice of locations. You yourself can take on the appearance of a number of preset NPCs or have a number of costume slots you can customize. You can (as the NPC) interact with the players. Then you can spawn various henchmen or supervillains to create encounters.

Like i said, a pipe dream, but would be cool.
    That is called The Foundry, i believe.
    :#