test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Limit Enemy Debuffs

Most enemy debuffs can stack up to 8 times or have no cap, even per tick on maintains and DoT's, and have no diminishing returns per stack. Resistance debuffs in particular working like that for enemies that aren't supposed to be so challenging is a bit unfair. Most known example is Devoid on Talisman's Dimensional Collapse.
"The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
- The Overlord

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Most known example is Devoid on Talisman's Dimensional Collapse.
    This was one of my first complains about the series' boss design
    What I hate most about this, the Debuff is Undodgeable because it's click and forget DOT! So if you are on a squishy character you need to Block and wait for it to expire
    It's so cheap, even if it's a weaker version of player's Devoid

I would prefer more if they made it as Warning AOE wireframe so players can learn how to AVOID wireframes (Like Final Fantasy 14 does...)
    • Missed the warning and the timeframe? Your penalty is the stacking Debuff
    • Dodge it succesfuly? You are awesome and got Enviromental awareness
    Use enviromental awareness, encourage your players to adapt on mechanics for future

and don't get me started on Talisman's Ebon Rift power and vacuum, it shows you how Piss poor the player version of Ebon Rift is​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    avianos wrote: »
    This was one of my first complains about the series' boss design
    What I hate most about this, the Debuff is Undodgeable because it's click and forget DOT! So if you are on a squishy character you need to Block and wait for it to expire
    It's so cheap, even if it's a weaker version of player's Devoid
    Bleak Ritualist, a Master Villain at the end of "Break the Walls Down" and in the upcoming revamp for the "War on Peace" OM, has its Hex of Suffering work the same way with it applying a stack of Hexed per tick. Would rather not have this become a regular thing.

- The Overlord
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    I am getting tired of such honestly in general, games stopping following their own rules they established. I understand some difficulty but make it unique as own attack and debuff then not something that exists and that make us look like some normal citizen in a superhero game while every little enemy has better abilities than we will ever have.

Problem is this not just started with such, I remind people of the Sigils they can summon around you for years already while we are forced to surround them around us, not even having it as an advantage option.

Or there Eldritch Blast having a high knock while ours only has a SLIGHT chance of stunning?

Or DEMON, there Ebon Summoning staying as long they want without circle they can move out, so it vanishes, or certain pets that NOT vanish after Summoner died but ours do immediately if we do? At least on DEMON they do vanish if Summoner died but other factions it doesn't.

Or hell, VIPER's Rocket Pack that is his own "unit" and can't be interrupted but our Micro Munitions can and not having a knock back option?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Bleak Ritualist, a Master Villain at the end of "Break the Walls Down" and in the upcoming revamp for the "War on Peace" OM, has its Hex of Suffering work the same way with it applying a stack of Hexed per tick. Would rather not have this become a regular thing.
    AGREED! I hate how the Hex persists even after you defeat him and it can kill you
    Such a bad, sloppy design! Once again, UNDODGEABLE
    Or there Eldritch Blast having a high knock while ours only has a SLIGHT chance of stunning?
    Not even Stun, the ADV is a Root, so much for being like a Magic Missile
    and yeah, i absolutely hate that players dont even have access to that and how strong the Knock magnitude is on enemies
    I am getting tired of such honestly in general, games stopping following their own rules they established. I understand some difficulty but make it unique as own attack and debuff then not something that exists and that make us look like some normal citizen in a superhero game while every little enemy has better abilities than we will ever have.
    RIGHT? See, that's my problem with the game's difficulty content in CO! They will break their own established rules

There is a way to make Fun solo challenges without being Cheap and just BIG DAMAGE
    Once again, use wireframes and telegraph attacks,
    Reward your players for moving and having enviromental awareness while training them for Endgame content (seriously, nothing ingame trains you for the Cosmics' mechanics)

The Talisman fight was in a good direction because she had phases every time her HP bar reached a certain point, but not many things to do with it, just drop some mobs

The Final Boss of Death Ratle just spams you with 2 different Damage over time powers, summons sigils and use 2-3 ultimates! WHAT EVEN IS THIS?​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited March 2021
    avianos wrote: »
    AGREED! I hate how the Hex persists even after you defeat him and it can kill you
    Such a bad, sloppy design! Once again, UNDODGEABLE
    Not even Stun, the ADV is a Root, so much for being like a Magic Missile
    and yeah, i absolutely hate that players dont even have access to that and how strong the Knock magnitude is on enemies
    RIGHT? See, that's my problem with the game's difficulty content in CO! They will break their own established rules

There is a way to make Fun solo challenges without being Cheap and just BIG DAMAGE
    Once again, use wireframes and telegraph attacks,
    Reward your players for moving and having enviromental awareness while training them for Endgame content (seriously, nothing ingame trains you for the Cosmics' mechanics)

The Talisman fight was in a good direction because she had phases every time her HP bar reached a certain point, but not many things to do with it, just drop some mobs

The Final Boss of Death Ratle just spams you with 2 different Damage over time powers, summons sigils and use 2-3 ultimates! WHAT EVEN IS THIS?​​

Agreed on everything, I simply hate this in general when a game stops following its own rules just to make things different for the sake of being different. Another extreme example is the heavy self-heals on New Shadows as example as well, or the knock and stun resistance apply on you, and you still get knocked around, while they get only slightly pushed and still do their charge attack or whatever, while yours gets interrupted and goes on cooldown while they seemingly spam it. Yet they still get the resistance buff despite not even getting knocked or stunned. It just pisses me of the most in this game, the knocks and stuns at the worst time.
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    That's the broader irritation, powers and effects of enemies being awesome while being nearly useless or unavailable in any form for players.
    - The Overlord
  • kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,089 Cryptic Developer
    edited March 2021
    NPC debuffs do have caps:
    Resistance debuffs: 8
    Dots: 16

Most NPC res debuffs are -6% a specific damage type per stack.
    (This is for general enemies, bosses tend to have their own stuff)​​