test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Sidekick Request

areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
Can you make it so each sidekick has their own cooldown? I'm not asking that we can have more than one out at the same time (drool) just that when one ends we can summon another without having to wait 5 minutes.

Then it would be viable to have more than one sidekick per character.

Comments

• So then why have a cool down at all?
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    That is like asking for having several Ultimate Powers or Energy Unlocks, it is gameplay logic and mechanic, if you could just circle trough 5 sidekicks as example that would defeat the purpose of them having a time limit. Same reason you can only have on device of the same equipped also, to not just spam it basically.

It would be kike having 5 Nimbus of Force and using them repeatedly. Or 5 Firefighter. That simply defeats the purpose of such items using them when needed and not have them 24/7 on or circle trough. This is simply how games not supposed to work for balance reasons.

And people say I troll when I state some stuff, yet this questions is ok and naive rather than not thinking about it even for one minute before posting? Sure. Video Game Forums make a lot of sense.
  • areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    So then why have a cool down at all?

Toggle yes please. 5m cooldown on defeat with no 15m timer. ^..^
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    I want to call 4 of them out and have them stay with me until death. The Defender one I have sucks he stays for 15 seconds. The cooldowns are long too 5 minutes is pretty long.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    cornivic wrote: »
    I want to call 4 of them out and have them stay with me until death. The Defender one I have sucks he stays for 15 seconds. The cooldowns are long too 5 minutes is pretty long.
    That's not a Sidekick thought, Defender is a Back-Up! Device, meant to deal "huge" (they got nerfed badly years ago) on limited time​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    cornivic wrote: »
    That's not a Sidekick thought, Defender is a Back-Up! Device, meant to deal "huge" (they got nerfed badly years ago) on limited time​​
    Oh ok. Guess the back ups aren't as good as the sidekicks. I test some out today they are nice.
  • areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    Sometimes I just want to stare at them while waiting for an Alert to pop. That 15m timer really, REALLY, stinks.
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    I don't see the point in them having shared cooldowns. Having 2 equipped to alternate between would be at the cost of a device that you could use at the same time as a Sidekick. For most builds, they're too slow and stupid to help much with mobs and die quickly at most Cosmics, leaving them useful for only Supervillains, easier Legendaries, and maybe PvP. Even for a Pet Master, that'd be a waste of a slot except just for the sake of fun.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord