test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Login issues

A few days ago my HD took a dump. I had not had any problems until I had to reinstall ARC and CO.
At first, it was a login issue with ARC, telling me there was a time out and to check my Internet connection.
After some effort I was able to login and install the game.
Then the game wouldn't run, "failed to talk to Cryptic servers for initial connection. Please try again"
The login process is slow and it takes multiple login attempts to even get to this point.

Anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Firewall blocking?
  • digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Posts: 75 Arc User
    No. Not FW. It was working previously before the HD crashed and there were no changes made to the FW.
    Also, I made sure the new install of the app was put in as an exception on the virus protection (which seems to be an issue for AVG as it thinks ARC is virus).
    It's erratic. Sometimes I get through to the launch page, where it says PLAY. The server light sometimes says it is up, sometimes it says it is down. When it is up, it times out on me and gives the error as before.
    I started from scratch and after some problems with the arcinstaller, I went in to the registry and removed any reference to arc or the game, then tried again.

After getting installed, the patching servers were unreachable. I tried several times and finally connected, but I don't think the patch was completed. When I got to the window to login in with my account, it failed to talk to the Cryptic servers.

This happened repeatedly, with problems with the patch servers and the login, results varied.

Finally I decided to try Star Trek, which I had not played since the Beta. I was able to get it installed with out problems, but when I went to login with my account I got the same "failed to talk to cryptic servers for initial connection. please try again."

I'm just curious if this is an isolated incident based on geography or are the servers down for everyone? I can see that the STO and CO servers are up, but I'm not sure what this means.

Also, I can't get any help from support. I've looked at all their information but it is outdated and worthless. It doesn't cover Windows 10 settings.
    I finally downloaded STO but !#$!@ it is slow and it is taking forever to load the actual game. when it reaches "connecting to the login server. please wait" it takes about five minutes then tells me that the connection to the login server timed out.
  • Why can't I log-in, keeps telling me incorrect username or password. I know I'm using the correct combo.