test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 2/18/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
The Midnight Depths
After much wait the last act of the Lemurian Intrigue serial story is being released!
  • The first mission has been added, contact Ladyhawke to get the mission.
  • Ladyhawke has been temporarily added to Rencen for quick access.
  • There is a cutscene skip option available at the start of the mission.
  • First time completion will reward the Lemurian Gaze aura.

Red Banner Ruin
  • This event is over. The Drifter will have the 2 mission items available for 1 week.

Serial Stories
  • Added a new mission that strings the Death Rattle and Serene Abyss serial stories together. These will be replacing the previous repeatable versions of the missions.
  • These missions act as a guide for obtaining the missions, you will have to still contact their appropriate contacts to progress through the missions.
  • You must have completed the serial arc completely to access these missions.
  • If you currently have any of the repeatable missions active, they will be dropped.
  • Speak with Ladyhawke or Dr. Ka to get these missions.

ZEN Store
Jaguar Key Pack

Cost: 1800 ZEN
  • 20x Keys
  • 1x Jaguar Spirit Loyal Sidekick
  • 25x R5 Nighthawk's Talon Mods
  • 3x Triumphant Recovery
  • 5x Safeguard Catalysts
  • 10x Healing Device Plus
  • 10x Energy Surge Plus

Lockbox
The Undying Warrior Lockbox is now available!
Added a perk for completing the Undying Warrior costume set.
New items in this lockbox:
  • The Muuraay Loyal Sidekick
  • P.A.N.T.H.E.R. Loyal Sidekick
  • Undying Warrior Costume Box
  • Hex Armor Aura Box

Undying Warrior Costume Box:
  • Undying Warrior Tights
  • Undying Warrior Neck
  • Undying Warrior Shoulders
  • Undying Warrior Armor 1
  • Undying Warrior Armor 2
  • Undying Warrior Back Armor
  • Undying Warrior Bracers 1
  • Undying Warrior Bracers 2
  • Undying Warrior Belt 1
  • Undying Warrior Belt 2
  • Undying Warrior Clothing 1
  • Undying Warrior Clothing 2
  • Undying Warrior Greaves 1
  • Undying Warrior Greaves 2

Hex Armor Aura Box:
  • High Energy Aura
  • Hex Armor (Head)
  • Hex Armor (Shoulders)
  • Hex Armor (Hands)
  • Hex Armor (Feet)

Lemurians, Bleak Minions
  • Some new minion costumes have been added for Lemurians and Bleak Minions.
  • Updated abilities on Bleak Minions to have a greater variety of attacks. They focus around causing fear, snaring and poisoning foes.
  • Added Enforcer level Bleak Minion.

Costumes
  • Added Fins costume to Foot Accessories.
  • Added skin material options to various Fins costumes.
  • Added Serpent and Goat eye patterns.

Aquatic Lemurians, Bleak Ones
  • Added Sea Creature Leg, Shoulders, Bracers, Side, Top Accessory and Greaves Fin costumes as possible drops from these enemies.

UI
  • New loading screen.
​​

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    The Midnight Depths
    After much wait the last act of the Lemurian Intrigue serial story is being released!
    • The first mission has been added, contact Ladyhawke to get the mission.
    • Ladyhawke has been temporarily added to Rencen for quick access.
    • There is a cutscene skip option available at the start of the mission.
    • First time completion will reward the Lemurian Gaze aura.
    ​​

Ouch. Was anyone ever able to playtest this mission on PTS (I tried 2x but could never advance the mission) or is playtest just going to be the live server for now?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • I trust Kais judgement, have faith in their work. <3
  • areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    Can you please add a basic fur to the torso like found for the legs? I'm getting tired of the hump and chest ruff clipping through eveerything from the werewolf torso.
  • Added skin material options to various Fins costumes.

I am not sure what this is supposed to be for?

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1215850/shark-fins-material-options-before-new-event-release

Because the shark fins are still just skin-cloth/leather/metal
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    There are a couple issues with perks related to the new mission.
    First, the new collection perk shares a name, Ancient Mysteries, with the one from Serene Abyss, and its description also states "discover all lore from Serene Abyss missions." The list of items that need to be collected does look to be correct, though.
    Second, completing Air Waves doesn't seem to grant a perk & title like all the previous serial story missions have done.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Nice costume set :+1: I adore the skirts and loin cloth pieces as well as the addition of even more foot accessories
    Nice Auras :+1: Really adore the Hexfields aesthetic, kinda tricky they are specific coded for different body parts but since we are currently having sells for Aura slots can't complain~
    Fitting for Power Armour and Ancient magitek

So... NO NEW ULTIMATE AGAIN?
    828df5d9787ae725c42cbf5da2dff853c38f368d.gifv
    and still no news for outdated Powerframes which needs revamps ASAP :-1:

Muuraay's fighting claws really rubs salt to the wound since I have been waiting for long time for Fighting Claws to get more powers and fixing on outdated horrible ADV (knock adv which has 1 minute CD)
    Did a single lockbox really needed 2 Sidekicks? 🤔 3 when you count the long running Z-STORE Key pack!
    Sidekick variety is great, but sidekick's AI is still buggy​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    So was it a conscious decision to make the sea creature costume part drop rate so abysmally low, or just another Classic CO Oopsie? I've defeated 1000 bleak ones (and a bunch of lemurians) so far and have gotten a grand total of one whole costume piece dropping.

Edit - make that 1500, with only one piece dropped. This is extremely unfun. Please add these pieces to the vendor, tied to the Bleak Ones perk if you must. Or Aquatic Lemurian perk, either one.
    Post edited by mutantmaids on
    Ladyhawke in RenCen gives a mission (Lemurian Intrigue: Death Rattle) to contact Ladyhawke at Ravenswood campus and then nothing happens.

WCOC Door prompt is not about After These Messages. Says [Mission] Enter WCOC (Air Waves). You can only get AIr Waves mission once you are inside the building.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    So...

How about a list about those new costume drops? Or at the Until Recognition Vendor buyable to add to the Lemurian pieces there? Perk connected and all, so you not have to farm 1000 years for one.
  • So.... no new statement about the griefers trolling cosmics, the mass reporting, the bickering, etc.?

I can see where their priorities are.
    edited February 2021
    Aww the Hex Armor (Shoulders) is getting eaten by the majority of shoulderpads :/
    What a letdown​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    avianos wrote: »
    Did a single lockbox really needed 2 Sidekicks? 🤔 3 when you count the long running Z-STORE Key pack!
    Sidekick variety is great, but sidekick's AI is still buggy​​
    Was excited to see those 3 new Sidekicks till I tried them on PTS and saw that all of them are primarily melee, which works very poorly with the default movement speed and poor AI of pets. A bit of a waste. At least Muuraay and P.A.N.T.H.E.R. are the first Sidekicks in the game to apply helpful resistance debuffs, with P.A.N.T.H.E.R. also being the first of any type of pet to apply Disintegrate.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
    edited February 2021
    Was excited to see those 3 new Sidekicks till I tried them on PTS and saw that all of them are primarily melee, which works very poorly with the default movement speed and poor AI of pets. A bit of a waste. At least Muuraay and P.A.N.T.H.E.R. are the first Sidekicks in the game to apply helpful resistance debuffs, with P.A.N.T.H.E.R. also being the first of any type of pet to apply Disintegrate.
    Indeed, Melee sidekicks have it the worst, but range sidekicks are not immune to this
    NEVER FORGET Every day I do QWZ dailies with them it's pain https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1213469/loyal-sidekicks-pathfinding-ai-breaks-when-they-come-across-obstacles
    #LetSidekicksJUMP and move in general 👏 👏 👏
    they get stuck on pavement ledge for pete's sake​​
    Indeed, Melee sidekicks have it the worst, but range sidekicks are not immune to this
    NEVER FORGET Every day I do QWZ dailies with them it's pain https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/1213469/loyal-sidekicks-pathfinding-ai-breaks-when-they-come-across-obstacles
    #LetSidekicksJUMP and move in general 👏 👏 👏
    they get stuck on pavement ledge for pete's sake​​
    Yeah, I know, but I don't expect their AI to be improved anytime soon, if ever at all. Making the sidekick ranged is as much as I can hope for, at least it'll usually still be able to attack when it's too stupid to jump over short obstacles... or more often in my case, too stupid to walk around its pet allies.
    - The Overlord
  • rtmartma Posts: 1,198 Arc User
    So.... no new statement about the griefers trolling cosmics, the mass reporting, the bickering, etc.?

I feel compelled to comment that this is more to do with human folly then something that can be arbitrarily solved with developers intervention, those responsible need to choose to change or they won't, it's that simple, what do you suggest they do?
    Want to get to know me a bit better, Click me and take a read of My Dragon Profile Page, it's a bit dated but still relevant.

I take this quote from a review that I agree with.

"customisation is so linear; everyone is after the optimal dps:survivability ratio with 0 reliance on other players = autonomous gameplay... Players don't need each other anymore... which in my opinion is a bad thing."
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Reptilian head isn't out yet, is it?
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    Sadly, that obviously won't work (hoping that people will see the error of their ways and change). If Devs and CS don't do something the only hope is that trolls will get bored and move on.
    rtma wrote: »
    So.... no new statement about the griefers trolling cosmics, the mass reporting, the bickering, etc.?

I feel compelled to comment that this is more to do with human folly then something that can be arbitrarily solved with developers intervention, those responsible need to choose to change or they won't, it's that simple, what do you suggest they do?

JwLmWoa.png
    edited February 2021
    The Midnight Depths
    Interesting
    Nice plot twist and way to introduce a new villain
    I really liking the Golems' design! Rock and Technology combo which fits perfectly
    They caught me Offguard at the end! Its really refreshing seeing brand new designs and enemies :+1:
    More of this please

My only feedback would be with the way the Camera is handled, it's too Zoomed out
    Serial Stories
    Added a new mission that strings the Death Rattle and Serene Abyss serial stories together. These will be replacing the previous repeatable versions of the missions.
    These missions act as a guide for obtaining the missions, you will have to still contact their appropriate contacts to progress through the missions.
    Now wait a minute, this makes repeating and farming Death Rattle insufferable

Previously after completing all of them you could at least grab 2 missions on the same time (Dark Dealing at the Docks and Unknowable) in westside and avoid going back and forth to the lab!
    Now you are forced to do them in the row as the game commands you

We have CRIME COMPUTER communication for a reason ಠ_ಠ
    Please KILL this back and forth from Westside to Downtown Lab, only using Renaissance Center Transport and Vehicles (RIP) make this less insufferable​​
    Far-fetched, but I would assume that is the reason? Selling more vehicles and devices? There is a Zen Sale after all now too, only on specific amounts tho, which is odd in my eyes to do such.
    The Midnight Depths
    Interesting
    I really liking the Golems' design! Rock and Technology combo which fits perfectly
    They caught me Offguard at the end! Its really refreshing seeing brand new designs and enemies :+1:
    More of this please

My only feedback would be with the way the Camera is handled, it's too Zoomed out
    Serial Stories
    Added a new mission that strings the Death Rattle and Serene Abyss serial stories together. These will be replacing the previous repeatable versions of the missions.
    These missions act as a guide for obtaining the missions, you will have to still contact their appropriate contacts to progress through the missions.

Previously after completing all of them you could at least grab 2 missions on the same time (Dark Dealing at the Docks and Unknowable) in westside and avoid going back and forth to the lab!

Please KILL this back and forth from Westside to Downtown Lab, only using Renaissance Center Transport and Vehicles (RIP) make this less insufferable​​
    edited February 2021
    Far-fetched, but I would assume that is the reason? Selling more vehicles and devices? There is a Zen Sale after all now too, only on specific amounts tho, which is odd in my eyes to do such.
    That would be huge audacity trying to monetize Vehicles after what they have DONE to them

I still can't get over they decided to NERF a whole sub-sytem instead of Revamping existing powerframes stuck on Pre-ALERT era, which need help after 1 year of no Powerframe updates​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    You are getting into this late. I've been requesting this for some months now. Apparently a silver primus agent is more worthy of a radio than Dr. Ka and Ladyhawke :(

It's like they really, really don't want people to play their new content.
    The Midnight Depths
    Interesting
    More of this please

Serial Stories

JwLmWoa.png
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    The new lockbox is very disappointing, there's only a couple costume parts that interest me and I have no use for the auras or the sidekicks.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    I’ll say this: a couple of the costume pieces in the Undying Warrior lockbox seem nice and rather versatile, basic in the sense that we're able to mix n’ match them with various others. That is what we need more of!

uJHn8Gw.png

The Tights:
    Would be nice to have a plain color (w/o texture) version; a sleeveless version (and perhaps a short-sleeved one, as well?). I’d be interested in a plain, sleeveless version with the bottom more like in a straight line… ex:

aImx9zU.png

I mean. Bring on the crop tops.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    I do wish there had been some head/face costume bits for the new lockbox set. None of the pieces are 'statement' pieces, and most seem to be iterations of existing designs. Not bad overall, but the better sets usually have 1 or 2 'must-have' pieces set to lower drop rates to push key buying.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I'm getting sick of leaving my thoughts here because clearly it just don't matter. Yall release new sidekicks every time but refuse to make a sidekick unbind token. Usually side kicks dont match most characters any way so most people Just assign them any how. I would like to remove a few sidekicks and place it on another character while buying a better suited one. Its like im expected to wait until the sidekick Im absolutely sure I want for a character is created.
    Post edited by metalheart#4270 on
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    edited February 2021
    I do agree on this but then also I say that the market can be overflown with sidekicks while it is popular and active, the problem is afterwards when lockbox is around to long and becomes unpopular or new one comes out, it would work if the game would be big populated, but in our case it is not, so this system not works.
    I'm getting sick of leaving my thoughts here because clearly it just don't matter. Yall release new sidekicks every time but refuse to make a sidekick unbind token. Usually side kicks dont match most characters any way so most people Just assign them any how. I would like to remove a few sidekicks and place it on another character while buying a better suited one. Its like im expected to wait until the sidekick Im absolutely sure I want for a character is created.

It needs alternatives to buy from, like, you know, the damn Questionite store that got abandoned? Like lets say 3 months after the lockbox ends the stuff comes in there? But nope, lets even more gamble with the Trade Paperback Vendor that only comes around to use once on a blue moon shines and the planets are all aligned in line.

Because let's be real also, the server is already in a bad state and the list gets longer and longer of such, we have seen the issue with the Special Vendor already causing SNR and such. They can't continue this longer in this state.
    edited February 2021
    Suggestion: Please improve the shoulder version of Hex armor aura
    It was made to only work with Undying Warrior shoulderpads and other low pieces and it complety gets eaten by the majority of shoulder pads

Can perhaps the mapping be done better?

Also I just forgot, Happy 1 Year anniversary since last DEV CC Valentine content where it was announched Archery revamp is next to be worked onion-49.gif
    Oh Archery... Darling...

Pain, honestly I don't really even care for costumes that much anymore, I just want powerframes revamps and new powers to play with and run out of synergies for crossover FF builds which combine 2-3 powerframes
    Even if I get inspiration to make new characters, I'm stuck with the same powers over and over again
    guyhumual wrote: »
    The new lockbox is very disappointing, there's only a couple costume parts that interest me and I have no use for the auras or the sidekicks.
    The belt, loin cloth, shoulderpads, foot accessories are nice
    It annoys me how the chest piece armour plate is so damn small​​
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    So if Dr Ka does die in this series would that mean no more Pyramid of Power? Because if that's the case I'm rooting for the villain.
    BUG: Jaguar Spirit's Rake is supposed to heal it for 15% of its max HP, but the move is only healing for about 150 at Lv 40 with 13,944 max HP. P.A.N.T.H.E.R. also has a move called Rake that heals it for about 150, I assume that's supposed to heal for 15% too.
    - The Overlord
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    So if Dr Ka does die in this series would that mean no more Pyramid of Power? Because if that's the case I'm rooting for the villain.

No one really dies in the superhero franchise.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    would that mean no more Pyramid of Power?
    https://youtu.be/IVXJmfd3cmg
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    No one really dies in the superhero franchise.
    "No One's Ever Really Gone"​​
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I must complient that I really like the details and theme of the new lock box as I touch into my African roots. My only quarrel is that the latest ones are coming in a bit lighter than those before though I won't lose my cool over that. But its was a missed opportunity to add tribal things with that like large hoop earrings, face paint and piercings, spear weapon etc. So you may say that this lock box felt like a little snack, that gave me a sense of the idea but left a vacuum in my tummy to the lingering need for more.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    BUG: Jaguar Spirit's Rake is supposed to heal it for 15% of its max HP, but the move is only healing for about 150 at Lv 40 with 13,944 max HP. P.A.N.T.H.E.R. also has a move called Rake that heals it for about 150, I assume that's supposed to heal for 15% too.

It is likely healing as intended, for 1.5% -- a more realistic number based on similar healing advantages on attack powers. Typos are rampant in the tool-tips of this game.
    edited February 2021
    n8mcd wrote: »

It is likely healing as intended, for 1.5% -- a more realistic number based on similar healing advantages on attack powers. Typos are rampant in the tool-tips of this game.

There's an effect on an attack power that heals that little once every 10 sec at the most? The next smallest heal I've seen on a Sidekick is Mend from Illimunation and that is a few times more effective while healing others too. Except for P.A.N.T.H.E.R., the big cats also have the 10% AoE heal, but even with both that and Rake, they heal themselves more poorly than other Sidekicks who can heal.
    Post edited by wizeman#6286 on
    - The Overlord
    edited February 2021
    Anyone can tell me where this cutscene skip option is at? I not see it in the dialog or anywhere else?

Edit: Found it in the news station but are other missions like the museum supposed to have such?

Also, can we speak about the Hideouts? I like to have the Life in Hiding as Hideout and the Moon base opened, you clearly have the code for opening the doors and all if you remake that in a mission for god’s sake, no more excuses about the people who worked on it not do it anymore, the ones designing them clearly have access.
    Post edited by ansemthedark on
    edited February 2021
    Aquatic Lemurians, Bleak Ones
    Added Sea Creature Leg, Shoulders, Bracers, Side, Top Accessory and Greaves Fin costumes as possible drops from these enemies.
    Because a lot of people Ingame have been asking screenshot of those costumes, here they are
    SMN0Sq5.png
    I'm not going to post pictures of the Salamander , Reptillian and Sea Horse Heads until they added to Live Loot table in order to prevent confusion​​
    Do the new costumes drop from Lemurians anywhere (e.g. MI and Lemuria), or only from these mission chains? I hope they drop from Lemurians in Lemuria. That's one possible way to encourage people to go there (along with a new cosmic, of course).
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited February 2021
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Do the new costumes drop from Lemurians anywhere (e.g. MI and Lemuria), or only from these mission chains? I hope they drop from Lemurians in Lemuria. That's one possible way to encourage people to go there (along with a new cosmic, of course).
    Any Aquatic Lemurians and/or Bleak Ones in Lemuria

"Let us not go to Lemuria, Tis a Silly place"

Who knew an entire area where you can move fully in XYZ axis would be so obnoxious​​
  • itsbrou#5396 itsbrou Posts: 1,777 Arc User
    [BUG] Not being offered the latest mission to repeat.
    After These Messages was the last mission I completed and I fought the Artificer.
    It has been close to a week and I haven't been offered the mission to enter WCOC again.
    Brou in Cryptic games.
    edited February 2021
    "Let us not go to Lemuria, Tis a Silly place"

Who knew an entire area where you can move fully in XYZ axis would be so obnoxious​​

To each their own! I really like the 3D aspect of Lemuria and find it a nice break from leveling on MI and VB. I probably take every 4th character though Lemuria (sure beats leveling through Grab Alerts!!!!!). In fact, I wish the Devs would put more into it so that a player can finish leveling a character once they get to Lemuria (without having to rely on a 2x Exp event) instead of finishing Lemuria and still having a couple levels to go.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    The Undying Warrior Shoulders preview image is wrong and shows the Undying Warrior Clothing 2 image instead.