test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Server not responding and extremely low tx/rx to server

I came back after many years, did a fresh install, allowed through firewall, etc etc.
Played perfectly fine for about a month, even on my mediocre 1MB desert connection. I really got back into enjoying the game.

As of around January 15th, 2021. I'm getting hounded by Server Not Responding time-outs.
For the Winter event, everything ran perfectly fine, even during the hordes of players doing the Clarence/Black Harlequin spawns. With the entrance of the new patch and Snake-Gulch event, I can log in and have to wait approximately 15 full seconds to have even the powers on my bar show up. I can watch the npc's jittering around and freezing up from that point on. The moment I enter combat with pretty much anything, I start hitting heavy lag, with several seconds going by before even seeing the floating combat text. If it gets really bad (frequently), my avatar won't even be facing the direction of the target.

Ping tests to pretty much anywhere are around 30-80ms, ping tests to Cryptics servers are around 70-100ms.

While running task manager on a separate screen & in-game, I'm seeing that my TX is only between "maybe" 8 kbps & occasionally up to 1Mbps.
Here's when it gets interesting, my RX is only around 40kbps, with very occasional spikes up to full or half of my bandwidth. I only really see my speed during loading screens. When the game was running fine (winter event) and downloading content while playing, I'd see I was getting full speed, normally. I'm not seeing any more patching in-game of smaller files, nothin. I haven't turned off the on-demand patcher either.

So, before everyone jumps on and say's "it's your ISP", they came out today, I have minimal (like 2% packet loss), my signal was redone, and both the isp and I tested it on multiple other programs and speed tests. I'm showing my speeds & running normally. Hell, I can stream movies in HD like normal, those buffer rates are spot on.

Next up, firewall. Checked both the gameclient & champs exe's are in the exception list and nothing, I mean nothing has changed since Install.
So, for an extra step, I went into my router and opened the appropriate ports for Champs, still no improvement. Even re-seated my cables.
Re-installed from scratch (champions), and logged back in. Same problem, minimal tx/rx, and high frequency of Server Not Responding time-outs.

I've tried switching the proxy in the Champs log-in options, that hasn't shown even the slightest change either. I'm direct Cat5 connected to my router and I have the only device connected to it. Nothing is downloading in the background as I have any/all updates set to notify instead of just free-reign-download.

I'm at a loss here. Someone help me out with what I might be missing.

Specs:
Windows 10 (registered)
i7 7700k 4.2ghz (no overclock)
32gb 4200 ram (if memory serves on the speed)
Nvidia Ventus 1660ti
SSD's galore, Champions is by itself on a 1TB M.2 SSD.

Comments

• Options
    digitalbeachbumdigitalbeachbum Posts: 75 Arc User
    I recently had a HD crash, so I had to install everything from scratch. I'm having the same problem. I can't connect to the servers.