test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Devs: The basement hideout

areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
edited February 2021 in Suggestions Box
Can you let us access the whole place please?
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    The Dev who did the hideouts has left the room, unfortunately.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • He's still a cryptic employee and could be asked to help do this. He still does stuff for CO from time to time.

It's not ability that is the issue here....it is the lack of willingness and resources devoted to CO by Cryptic.
    ...pretentious humble brag about how I am actually better than everyone and a hero to all. If you don't agree you don't get it *cries*
  • areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
    Too bad some other company didn't want to buy the ip from them and then give it the love it deserves.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The Dev who did the hideouts has left the room, unfortunately.

As true, it is it still not excuses it honestly. It is like programmers leave a series, and it stops in the middle and gets delivered halfway with the same excuse, you replace such people simply, same as any business should, but greed pretends because making money means you also have to invest money. Which a lot of managers are unwilling to. Most companies todays sadly.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Eh, the game is limping along because neither players nor management is willing to put significant money into the game. People making suggestions need to always keep that in mind (and no nonsense about "my suggestion is going to make them tons of money"). Anything involving significant resources is likely not going to happen. Personally, the thing I want to see is more Nemesis (non-alert) missions, but the chance of that happening is ....?

Hmm, now I am wondering what percentage of player suggestions have ever been acted upon by the devs? Less than 0.1%?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • crazyflip#4138 crazyflip Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Customers will pay if there is something decent to buy.

I long for development to increase in CO and fix stuff, improve the things we do have and make new things... then I will spend money again on CO.

We are not investors, we are customers. They improve stuff and develop more stuff, we buy it. It doesn't work the other way around unless the game is in a good state already and makes us feel confident to spend on it.
    ...pretentious humble brag about how I am actually better than everyone and a hero to all. If you don't agree you don't get it *cries*