test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Regarding Recent Cosmic Runs

So, there's something that needs to at least be addressed by the devs(or at least customer support, if it exists). Recently, old vets(out of boredom I guess) have been wrecking cosmic runs whenever they're on. They cause stuff like taking aggro from Boss and running around killing other players. I usually don't mind a little chaos now and then but this has been happening quite daily. What's painful to see is that these were good players that suddenly had their moral compass go all wonky. Sure, they've filled the important roles in the past, but seeing them turn bitter and degrade into these "we can do this because we can't be reprimanded!" twats is real aggravating, sad and pitiful at the same time. They're probably mocking this post right now, but I just felt like it should be pointed out at least.

I don't put them in ignore because that doesn't really help at all.
mfZ37eB.png
Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
DeviantART|FurAffinity|
Twitter

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    What time of the days is this going on? I haven't seen it myself.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    It's been going on mostly in the early/mid afternoon. They coordinate via private channel and hop on alternate accounts to grieve specific players. Really pathetic.

It's gotten real bad now that the channel and membership has been exposed. Like their little secret parade got rained on.

It really is a shame because I had a lot of respect for these players in the past. It's just dividing an already small community.
    Glad that I am on early in the morning EST. That is lame, but it's hard to believe that CO will actually do anything about it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Notice how defensive people got? Actions speak for themselves.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Glad that I am on early in the morning EST. That is lame, but it's hard to believe that CO will actually do anything about it.
    There seems to have been at least one ban, but alts exist.
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    Heard someone in CS team lift the ban but they're on a final strike now. However, I doubt that will prevent them from acting like before. Better brace yourselves for rocky cosmics~
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited February 2021
    Not intimidated by their attempts one bit. I actually find it amusing how one person was able to panic their entire troll channel. Just reminds the rest of us how fragile their egos, psyches, and confidence is.

EDIT: and they're scared too, because they just deleted their comment, lol
    Post edited by zwipezanther on
  • nomorereasonnomorereason Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Who was that one person who made the channel panic?

Genuinely asking because I'm aware of the ban but not about anything else.
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    It is disappointing when this happens, but it seems inevitable for certain player types. Definitely bored veterans whenever I've seen it. With that said, I think a lot of the blame goes to devs, for designing open participation fights in such a way where one experienced player going against the objective can ruin it for the other 20 players trying to complete the objective.

The players who want to play the objective have these choices:
    1. outplay the bored veteran, which is difficult as they often have strong knowledge of the fight and high end build/gear.
    2. hope for dev intervention via ban, which is a delayed effect and does not solve the immediate issue.
    3. leave the fight and do something else, which makes it someone else's problem to deal with.

Its really not an ideal situation.
    EDIT: and they're scared too, because they just deleted their comment, lol

Don't think that's the case. A forum mod or bot probably viewed their post as spam and banned them. Because that kind of typing is typical for spammers tbh.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • digital2009digital2009 Posts: 3 Arc User
    My previous post was deleted for whatever reasons for saying what I believe what happened (which is probably what actually happened and apparently someone doesn't like me saying it), but I guess that's one more reason why I shouldn't (and already don't) use the forums due to silencing/deletion.
    Regardless of that topic, I do not enjoy being trolled nor do I enjoy watching others being trolled, it's a colossal waste of time. It's an unfair and unenjoyable experience for other players, especially newer players, as being a player since 2010 myself.
    There seems to have been at least one ban, but alts exist.
    Heard someone in CS team lift the ban but they're on a final strike now. However, I doubt that will prevent them from acting like before. Better brace yourselves for rocky cosmics~
    With that much said this would make it far too easy to dodge permanent bans as they could just migrate mods to an alternate account and basically have no strikes.
  • jhaissandria#8381 jhaissandria Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Hmmmm, it seems that my post was deleted due to me voicing my displeasure of the current state of affairs of trolling in the game. I despise what's happening and believe the GMs should get off their butts and police the community. The devs already fail at releasing content for the game. All the content boils down to revamps and nerfs. I've been playing since 2012 and love this game to death, but I hate what I'm seeing here when a group of neanderthals can equip Rank 9 Confront Mods and Gloves of the Defender to troll. It sets a bad precedence.

If only the effectiveness of forum post deletion was the same for removing malicious griefers on CO. Perhaps the devs can deputize one of the forums mods to do the job in-game as well.

Either way, I sincerely hope the GMs/devs/customer service do SOMETHING before people jump ship to something else. Please. Here's hoping my post isn't deleted again.
  • thewinxfairythewinxfairy Posts: 70 Arc User
    I took a few months off of CO and decided to finish farming GCR for one one toon I was gearing up.

Oh boy, was I in for the “trolling”.

So when I noticed the main tank was having issues using an interrupt on the doggies during phase 1, and that there were a full zone of players with strong enough DPS to Zerg, I decided to suggest it out loud, just to get over phase 1. After my second time suggesting it, I received a tell stating to suggest that in “t3g”. Huh?

The group hopped on to a different zone. I stuck with the zone I was in and decided to CC and there was a new MT. Once there were the roles we needed, all was good....until I slipped in bridging the holds on the doggies (hey, I did just have a few months off). Some in zone started blaming others for my mistake...until I openly admitted hey, I messed up.

As stated earlier, I am coming back from a few months off of CO. I’m trying to view things objectively, and I have to ask now...has there been so much trolling that now there is some paranoia amongst the cosmic party?

I’ll give cosmic parties one more try. I really hope it was an isolated incident, and not that the things have gone sour these coupled of months.
    I took a few months off of CO and decided to finish farming GCR for one one toon I was gearing up.

Oh boy, was I in for the “trolling”.

So when I noticed the main tank was having issues using an interrupt on the doggies during phase 1, and that there were a full zone of players with strong enough DPS to Zerg, I decided to suggest it out loud, just to get over phase 1. After my second time suggesting it, I received a tell stating to suggest that in “t3g”. Huh?

The group hopped on to a different zone. I stuck with the zone I was in and decided to CC and there was a new MT. Once there were the roles we needed, all was good....until I slipped in bridging the holds on the doggies (hey, I did just have a few months off). Some in zone started blaming others for my mistake...until I openly admitted hey, I messed up.

As stated earlier, I am coming back from a few months off of CO. I’m trying to view things objectively, and I have to ask now...has there been so much trolling that now there is some paranoia amongst the cosmic party?

I’ll give cosmic parties one more try. I really hope it was an isolated incident, and not that the things have gone sour these coupled of months.

Well, last week(I think? started playing again during that time) there has been trolling by a certain group for what felt like daily. So people are pretty on edge and quick to anger because of it. You'd be lucky to do cosmics without them around, or if they just decide not to be difficult.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
    edited February 2021
    You know what the funny thing about the whole thing is?

At the end of the day, the members of that troll channel are the ones trying hard to prove something to the rest of us.

In all of the games I've played, I've never EVER, seen a circle of players try SOOOOOOO hard to get noticed, try SOOOOO hard to set themselves apart, act SOOOO salty of people trying to get good at the game, and act SOOOO entitled to praise, lol.

NGL, it's actually reassuring and humbling to get PM's and emails from other fellow players lately the past couple of days I've never met, saying that they're "glad I'm not one of them" and offering their support.

It just proves to me that if don't forget where you came from, and genuinely give what you can to the CO community without any expecations, they will genuinely give back more than expected.

I can't thank you all enough, sincerely... <3 ;)
    Post edited by zwipezanther on
    edited February 2021
    Replying to @zwipezanther

I remember when you first started tanking cosmics (with your LR?) on your Rooster toon. I was actually rooting (hey I sorta rhymed there lol) for you when I saw you CC dogs, as I never saw you do it previously.

All I’m saying is, to all really, just don’t jump to conclusions, especially when they’re coming back into the game after a hiatus.

For the record, I’m sure y’all seen my “usual” toons; Hypna (Offensive CC) & Magia (Ranged Magic DPS/Tank).
    To @thewinxfairy

I remember when I first started going to cosmics it was at a Kiga fight. You were CC ing, Kode Prime@lmcnutri was MT, and Imperium Scion@rremont was pulling dogs. I recall watching how amazed I was how you three had everything under control and wondering if I could ever play like you guys.

I remember after that fight, you, me, and Kody were talking and we exchanged friend requests. NGL I was thinking, "wow! I actually have some pro's on my friends list! Lol

But yeah you have always had a rep of consistency when it comes to CCing among the cosmic crowd. It would only be natural to assume trolling for loose dogs under your watch. Lol
    Yikes, I’m blushing with the flattery 😅

I do make mistakes, especially coming back after a few months. Waiting for more DPS options for Telepathy and Celestial power sets
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    This is really getting out of hand. The go-to now is to use a new (fake) account to troll one cosmic while the rest of the group ninjas the others
    Pretty amazing how these guys go to extreme lengths just to get back on TEG. If only they can redirect that drive to helping instead of being salty. Oh well... some people are just born like that.
    mfZ37eB.png
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • baelogventurebaelogventure Posts: 520 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Sounds like someone is having fun.
  • kronarg#8777 kronarg Posts: 27 Arc User
    Devs seriously need to sort this antisocial behaviour out, this game lives due to social interaction, if this is left unchecked then people will look for other games, and this game will die. If you're not going to do it for us, do it to keep your jobs.
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    At this point I just have to assume whoever is running the game is ok with everything going on.

And the outcome from inaction isn't looking good.

• While I wont link the trolls to the group ninja'ing cosmics, seeing the same dude freely trolling for over a week with no action, think I'm done with the game. It'd at least be understandable if they returned to troll on alt accounts, but let alone the same account - its the same character too. Returned to the game after a while as Eido was finally fixed and with unique rewards, and was hoping for better things to come. However nothing keeps me here, and it probably was a wise choice not to get too socially invested with other players. Thanks and goodbye.
    I think I'm going to focus on things I can do solo for the foreseeable future.
    JwLmWoa.png
    How to report trolling:

Press ESC>Help>Request GM help>Behavior

Just a quick ticket is enough. Video does speed up the process, but right now making CS aware how out of hand this is getting is more important.

How To Record (Win10):

Press Windows Button + G

If you guys are serious about combating this, we all need to be vigilant, diligent, and consistent when it comes to reporting them.

We need to flood CS's ticket log to the point where it can no longer be ignored. Someone on CS will be held accountable eventually, but they can't unless there's a backed up log that they can be held accountable with.

Silence is consent, especially now. A week of trolling is plenty of time to for them to reconsider. Time's up and it's time to fight back.
  • kronarg#8777 kronarg Posts: 27 Arc User
    Well, over 4 hours and not a single cosmic down or likely to start due to trolling. This game was on life support before, now due to the trolls it's in it's last throws. RIP CO, time to look for a new game.
  • rothilionrothilion Posts: 9 Arc User
    Yikes, Yall dont know how to work around trolls? Are you new to the game? I understand only the pros know how to work around trolls but come on, you have to have some knowledge.
  • jhaissandria#8381 jhaissandria Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    rothilion wrote: »
    Yikes, Yall dont know how to work around trolls? Are you new to the game? I understand only the pros know how to work around trolls but come on, you have to have some knowledge.

No ****, sherlock. There are solutions to dealing with trolls at cosmics; i.e. trolls attacking dogs at Kiga, then you bring in individual tanks to tank EACH dog. Dino is also manageable, just bring in a good tank that can maintain aggro. However, Ape is marginally more difficult if someone decides to attack the hearts over and over, it can last up to hours. The thing is, though, is that not all these "pros" will be around on all hours and some people don't have characters geared to deal with the trolls.

There are workarounds, but the CO community keeps burying **** under the rug and pretending that it keeps not happening. What needs to be done by the devs or the community service rep or whomever is to establish the precedent that this isn't acceptable then because any dumbass can troll cosmics. If CO gets shut down because of this debacle, good, because it means that Kaiserin and whomever is working with her is inept to the nth degree.

What I recommend is that.... The GMs or whomever is responsible for handling tickets and banning accounts make undercover accounts and attend cosmics for a week or however long and secretly gather account names on those that are responsible, and work from there. If they don't address this, then they lose players, simple as that. I have already moved on for now, but check back to see if anything has happened.
    edited February 2021
    Decent players should NOT have to work around trolls. The job of GMs/CS is to police the game when reports of such activity come in, evaluate the claims and then take action.
    Post edited by jaazaniah1 on
    JwLmWoa.png
This discussion has been closed.