test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Active Offense & Power Transformations

james71792james71792 Posts: 12 Arc User
Adding transformations to powers might sound like a far fetched idea, but it might not be as hard to add to the game as it may seem.
Multiple issues such as server side data storage, deadlines, and engine/code complications might push back certain ideas unless solutions
are presented with the idea. When the idea of powers having a custom transformation comes to mind, most people will think new UI needs to be
made, player accounts will require and use more data storage and memory, and that powers have to be completely rewritten for them to work.
My idea behind making power transformations possible is for them to work off of costumes that players have already made using the costume
slots they have on their characters.

kSMNdqe.png

This could be done by using a "check box" system as shown in the picture. Methods of selecting a transformation costume could vary from being in
your costume change menu, to somewhere in the tailoring menu, or the costume editor.
These transformations could be optional in the form of power advantages that cost 0 advantage points, and could be available on Active Offense
powers, Active Defense powers, and even powers like "Feral Rage". This change could bring up the popularity of Active Offenses and Active
Defenses. This could even make way for more power ideas, like a Gadgeteering Ultimate, where your character suits up in a mech and deals crazy
damage or becomes resistant to damage.

Please comment and give feedback, critique, or help further the idea with more suggestions. I'm sure this would be a great addition to the game
for players of all kinds.

Comments

• guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I like the idea, but there could be other issues with the timer set between costume changes, also there could be problems with the player getting that message everytime they spam the power because the computer is looking to force the change. Beyond that I like the idea of some characters being able to change costumes in the middle of a fight and linking a costume change to a power would be pretty neat
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I like the idea, but there could be other issues with the timer set between costume changes, also there could be problems with the player getting that message everytime they spam the power because the computer is looking to force the change. Beyond that I like the idea of some characters being able to change costumes in the middle of a fight and linking a costume change to a power would be pretty neat

Agreeing here, the closest things i guess is some sort of Offensive and Passive Aura activating, so you can basically add a effect to the powers instead. Like a Shield forms around you for Defense or some Hologram Gun or Symbol appearing over your head to show your stance or so.

I mean, I still wish and wait that we at least had more emanation options and able to freely use any power with every weapon or most animations.
  • cannotdenycannotdeny Posts: 23 Arc User
    I, too, would love this. I actually made a suggestion ages ago regarding our own costume/transformation effects and it would really make me invested in the game again.

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline#/discussion/comment/12816410
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    On thing to remember is that the Devs do not like AOs. They are mostly useless now because of nerfs. The new Dev meta is getting players to have self rezes and threat wipes.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!