test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20210201.2 - Costumes/Enemy Changes

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited March 2021 in PTS - The Archive
The Midnight Depths
  • Added the following costumes to the pts vendor: Sea Creature Top, Side, Shoulders, Bracers, Leg Accessories, Greaves, Tail. Lemurian Head Spikes, Seahorse head, Salamander head, Sea Leaves, Sea Antennae, Reptillian head.
  • Added Lemurian Gaze, Bubbles and Piranhas auras.
  • The first new mission will be available on Monday on PTS.

Lemurians/Bleak Minions
  • Some new minion costumes have been added for Lemurians and Bleak Minions.
  • Some old costumes have been updated.
  • Updated abilities on Bleak Minions to have a greater variety of attacks. They focus around causing fear, snaring and poisoning foes.
  • Added Enforcer level Bleak Minion.

Costumes
  • Added Fins costume to Foot Accessories.
  • Added skin material options to various Fins costumes.
  • Added Serpent and Goat eye patterns.

UI
  • New loading screen.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• aesicaaesica Posts: 2,537 Arc User
    Some old costumes have been updated.
    Pleeeeeease say the Gravitar top's forced muscle texture is one of those things! Lemurian update though so I'm guessing no. :(
    The first new mission will be available on Monday on PTS.
    Random pre-emptive suggestion: Are there any plans to make this serial's mission start contacts a bit more consistent? The last ones felt like they were all over the place and honestly for some of my characters, I have no idea which stage in the serial they're currently in since it's been awhile.
    (Hopefully) Useful CO Resources: HeroCreator (character planner), Cosmic Timers/Alert Checklist, Blood Moon Map, Anniversary Cat Map, and more (eventually, anyway).
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    aesica wrote: »
    The first new mission will be available on Monday on PTS.
    Random pre-emptive suggestion: Are there any plans to make this serial's mission start contacts a bit more consistent? The last ones felt like they were all over the place and honestly for some of my characters, I have no idea which stage in the serial they're currently in since it's been awhile.

As per my comment in https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/championsonline/#/discussion/comment/12849500

Please make the missions more easily accessible. They are not so drastically different from other mission chains that they require a day between each one or an overly complicated series of contacts. Even relatively low level Until and Primus contacts have radios. Ladyhawke and Dr. Ka should have them too.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • chaosdrgnz43chaosdrgnz43 Posts: 1,674 Arc User
    sRLI4Gz.jpg

BUG:
    The Reptilian head scales poorly with big body proportions(as all other stuff). There's a noticeable gap at the collar area. This is with Neck Length maxed.

Suggestion:
    Would it be alright to have the head depth have more forward "depth" to it? The head sorta feels short even with maxed out Head Depth.
    mfZ37eB.png
    Feel free to visit my websites!^^:
    DeviantART|FurAffinity|
    Twitter
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Bug
    Salamander Head costume unlock
    Unlocking one of the other heads- I think it was Seahorse- turned the Salamander Head gray and unusable as if it had been unlocked. The Seahorse head is properly available in the tailor, but Salamander is not and now cannot be unlocked.
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    These sea creature pieces are really pretty. Glad they finally made it here!

Suggestion:
    Could we maybe get a tail option that's both 2 and 3 together, with the end fins and side fins? They'd look really beautiful together, but there's only an option for one at a time, or all three at once. Or, better yet, make all 3 separate attachments?

Post edited by mutantmaids on
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Extremely cool costume pieces and auras! Looking forward to getting the chance to use them soon.

Bug
    Certain costume pieces, salamander head and fins from what I've seen, aren't unlocking properly.

Suggestion:
    Since we're getting reptile/serpent/aquatic pieces updated, not sure if this was included in the fixes but several of the serpent skin options aren't consistent from top to bottom. For example, the torso is pretty universally available, but the legs aren't available for partial or robotic. I think the legs lack some textures if I remember. Would be cool to see these updated! ^^

• morigosamorigosa Posts: 709 Arc User
    Bug:
    The reptilian head, on a female model, doesn't quite connect properly to the body at any slider setting. This is basically the same failure mode as in chaosdrgnz43's picture.
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    all the serpent and top heads and bottoms need matching textures and skins the raptor heads are great but fail to match any of the serpent textures and the tops and bottom textures have never matched for the reptile or serpent patterns
  • Greetings,

I just went on the Public Test Shard to see how these new Goat and Snake eyes looked like (no pun intended).

unknown.png

I would suggest a simple change : slightly round the edges of the Goat eyes to give them the semblance of a more "natural" look. Perhaps it's only me but they currently look like as if someone applied a strip of duct tape.

I also confirm the reports of both @chaosdrgnz43 and @morigosa : the Reptilian head doesn't scale properly. With a female character the gap shows with nearly any body shape, we just need to move the camera around to catch a glimpse of the problem. Meanwhile a male character only seems affected when attempting to create a Beefy Buff.

I would also suggest taking into consideration the comments from @panthrax77 and @psychicslug regarding the Snake textures : it's been more than a decade since the game's original release, and which each new reptilian / draconian / saurian head released the disparity in textures between the top and chest is glaring (and quite ugly).

Perhaps this could be an opportunity to add new skins for both male and female characters? Because the dinosaurs from Teleios in Canandian Wilderness as well as Teleiosaurus on Monster Island do have some neat skin pattern (which conveniently match their heads and since that's a costume piece we can acquire...).

2654_5.jpg
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    The Midnight Depths
    Who is supposed to give the mission? Neither Ladyhawke nor Dr. Ka in Millennium City have it for me and no notification was given for who does. Completed "A Life in Hiding" on Live long before copying my character over.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
    The Midnight Depths
    Who is supposed to give the mission? Neither Ladyhawke nor Dr. Ka in Millennium City have it for me and no notification was given for who does. Completed "A Life in Hiding" on Live long before copying my character over.

I've checked Ladyhawke, Dr. Ka and Socrates trying to find the mission. No Luck. No pop up when entering the game either. Completed both series multiple times on this character. Hard to play test it when one can not find it.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Time to step into the the 2021!
    Call me if you need me. Got no time runnin' around tryin' to find out if you or your pals wanna talk to me.
    You got the tech, let's put it in a good use.
    Piece out, yo.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    There'll probably be an update soon when things are ready for us to run stuff.
    But, we were supposed to be able to run stuff yesterday. And the OP was not updated to reflect any changes.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    But, we were supposed to be able to run stuff yesterday. And the OP was not updated to reflect any changes.

Which is probably why we'll get an update when things are ready. It's clear that whatever was meant to happen yesterday didn't. The PTS Server was down during an update, so I'm sure they are fixing something.
    It would just be nice if they took a minute to update the OP with new information.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    The Reptillian Head unlocks fine now, but the sea horse head cause this on the head category selection
    QbLtBmh.png​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
This discussion has been closed.