test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Hip Check the Roller Derby Queen

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
I'm toying around with one of those dratted theme builds: a superpowered roller derby player (gotta get some use out of that skating power).

This is the work in progress so far. I think all the bases are covered, but I may be missing something, so feed back is welcome.

Hip Check the Roller Derby Queen 1 - Freeform (Melee Damage)
v3.44:36

Super Stats
Level 6: Strength (Primary)
Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
Level 15: Recovery (Secondary)

Talents
Level 1: The Savage (Str: 10, Dex: 8, Con: 10, Rec: 10)
Level 6: Martial Focus (Str: 5, Dex: 5)
Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 12: Relentless (Str: 5, Rec: 5)
Level 15: Physical Conditioning (Str: 5, Con: 5)
Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
Level 1: Clobber
Level 1: Beatdown (Rank 2, Blindside Blow)
Level 6: Unstoppable (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 8: Enrage (Giant Growth)
Level 11: Demolish (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 14: Elbow Slam
Level 17: Pulverizer
Level 20: Retaliation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 23: Shockwave (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 26: Resurgence (Rank 2)
Level 29: Uppercut (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 32: Thunderclap
Level 35: Catastrophic Pummeling (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 38: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
Level 6: Swift Skating (Rank 2, Rank 3)
Level 35: Stoic Flight

Specializations
Strength: Swole (3/3)
Strength: Physical Peak (2/3)
Strength: Brutality (2/2)
Strength: Overpower (3/3)
Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
Vindicator: Focused Strikes (3/3)
Vindicator: Mass Destruction (2/3)
Brawler: The Glory of Battle (1/3)
Brawler: Penetrating Strikes (2/2)
Brawler: Ruthless (2/2)
Brawler: Setup (2/2)
Brawler: Flanking (3/3)
Mastery: Strength Mastery (1/1)

Devices
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    A Might build using Uppercut instead of Haymaker? Alright, I can dig it. You could consider a few special advs: like the knock adv on Demolish, the knock-in adv on Shockwave, and the range increase on TClap. I imagine that Elbow Slam is nice for theme here, but since it's not ranked, takes a charge, and is a bit costly, I don't see much use for it in the build atm (it can put up Demolish via the adv, but then it's a bit redundant w/ Demolish the attack). The build overall looks like it can work fine, though.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,431 Arc User
    Thanks Flow. Yeah, I didn't want to go knocking people all over the place on this one, plus I already have a Might Haymaker build (atm I have 65 fully geared lvl 40s). The knock adv on Demolish is a possibility, but since a few other powers have it, I am not sure if I want to sacrifice a bit more dps for one more knock. Same thought with Shockwave, a bit more dps, or the mooks get knocked in so that I don't have to skate up to them. Elbow Slam and Thunder Clap are both there for CC purposes and theme, so are unranked (plus adv points are scarce!). Time and playtesting will tell. See, I did think of all your observations, and it's nice that you point out the things I did think about :)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Yea, you'll prob just have to see how it plays before deciding if you want to make any smaller changes. The SW one can also help you proc Enrage and Pulv more often than just at the end of the channel, but it's not strictly needed either if you have decent energy reserves.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!