test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Maniacs Alert - Zoe Boss

Why isn't this a thing ;-;

she's lit.

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    Lore I guess, since they are dead, Ludwig and the Cobra Lord guy, forgot his name. Other Villains are taken away or escape most of the time. Or just vanish to appear in other places.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Lore I guess, since they are dead, Ludwig and the Cobra Lord guy, forgot his name. Other Villains are taken away or escape most of the time. Or just vanish to appear in other places.
    I'm under the impression that most general alerts (like Smashes and Grabs) don't occur under specific canonical timeframes.

Lest we remove like half the current roster of alert bosses due to being apprehended, removed, or deceased.
    speanoz wrote: »
    I'm under the impression that most general alerts (like Smashes and Grabs) don't occur under specific canonical timeframes.

Lest we remove like half the current roster of alert bosses due to being apprehended, removed, or deceased.

True on that, but what I also meant is they were never supposed to be a big thing I guess, they were part and tool of the Westside Story while Hi Pan betrayed them and became a bigger threat with the Celestial Dragon later, while Kevin Poe is a big name in a way still and still appears after the Westside events.

Besides tell me one Villain that died in game really, most we apparently take to prison as seen in Stronghold with Medusa as example. That was my point mainly. But I do agree this should not stop making variety, but then you can also argue Alerts are already outside Lore and Lore unfriendly, why would Horrors steal money as example. So alerts are a big problem in general still.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User

Aw, c'mon, the Great Dragon has taken down any number of my melee types because I got impatient. It's not like he vaporizes Zoe.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User

I'm annoyed they wasted the best clown make-up in the game on an NPC that gets killed off. Didn't even let the players use it. So they could at least bring her back. Maybe a zombified version for Bloodmoon
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    If they are dead, why not bring em back as undead ?
    Some necromancer tries to bring back some ancient evil wizard but end up bringing back Zoe and company by mistake

Maybe have em hijack the Halloween event using, stealing some of Tako's power
  • I agree with all of you lol
  • How did Zoe Loft die??

It’s been literal years for me since I’ve done any of those missions.
  • also she has a emblem for the jacket they could release as a drop...aka emblem.
    How did Zoe Loft die??

It’s been literal years for me since I’ve done any of those missions.

The Death Dragon of Hi-Pan burns them all while Kevin Poe escapes barely, Zoe, Frank and Ludwig all die there, so gangs are mostly without leaders.

I do agree this should not stop them reappearing in any form, I also would like to see more of those Nemesis Super Villains that are randomly chosen, since those have backstories in their info. I not want to bash on the custom ones, people did great work on those mostly. But we have not needed 3 new for the alert system and 2 for a rampage. We have so many villains and team ups we could use.
  • poptartmaniac#8493 poptartmaniac Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I was pretty disappointed that those villains didn't show up again and that when Kevin did it was a bad one off mission, though that sewer map was nice.
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    Some necromancer tries to bring back some ancient evil wizard but end up bringing back Zoe and company by mistake

*Sigh* Just what this game needs. More magic. :s
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I always feel like alerts are training simulations in some holo deck regardless no one really dies in these universes. Personally I'm not sure if i consider her valuable enough maybe I can see it it she got some unique power set or make over. She's generic trash, imo.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    I always feel like alerts are training simulations in some holo deck regardless no one really dies in these universes. Personally I'm not sure if i consider her valuable enough maybe I can see it it she got some unique power set or make over. She's generic trash, imo.

Sadly this, I mean she is like Steel Commando also, planting bombs is the only special thing really, yet on the other hand the custom-made Villains like Madstone are also generic AT'S you could say using only one power set. They really need to not just rework trees but also such enemies to make them stick out. And no not just buff a certain aspect like Talisman's overpowered Void Rift.

Or anyone remembers Kevin Poe as Force and Draconis when Personal Force Field was overpowered as well back then on them? Nightmare especially on Pyramid Burst.

Could we also have more fitting Alerts for them and not just random? Why would Nocturne and Jack Fool rob a bank and not just send minions for money, or the Vibora Villains not all make sense to go after the Pyramid Power, Dockside planting a bomb also not seems a good style for Valerian Scarlet.

They all have the same issue as Nemesis has, can't decide or choose if Magic, Tech or Brute Strength for missions and just mixed together.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    I second villian rework. I also believe some of it has been discussed in the past. I find most of them can be played while watching YouTube videos. I'm not saying make them so over powered that lowbies will suffer. But make them play worthy. I find Unending, RockJaw, Blackfang, Ripper or Sweetland tamed in comparison. These really really need some looking at.

But I can see Loft coming back to life by Demon ritual. I'd not use zombified as we have 2 zombies already. She'd be more resistant to fire and is now stronger and ready for revenge. I'd give her a rocket launcher with a 25ft fire patch with massive DoT and knock explosion. I would drop the ordinary clothes for something more costumey. Possibly expounding on the leather, spikes, straps and a smiley gas mask... Crap now I feeling to make it.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    edited February 2021
    Or, we can say they didn't actually die, and were taken to the hospital for severe injuries. She could come back bandaged, or scarred. After all, many heroes beat her the first time by stabbing her, shooting her, blowing her up, or burning her, so the dragon's fire could have done the same to her as a hero/vigilante's fire would do.
  • horripilantehorripilante Posts: 323 Arc User
    bulgarex wrote: »

*Sigh* Just what this game needs. More magic. :s

If you dont like Magic subtheme, maybe it could be done like a RE-aniamtor-esque gimmick.
    Some random mad-scientist trying to revive the dead, but Zoe & Co. come back with their memories intact and hijack the plan.
    Personally i go with anything cept for Time-travel, cause it ends up getting kinda messy.