test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Finally got to see it in action.... and something was off. After watching it for a few moments... the ruddy thing is working backwards. Instead of spiraling up, lifting the hero, it's spiraling down towards the ground. That would literally slam the hero into the ground. It was even pulling dirt and rock out of thin air to hammer into the ground.

Comments

• rojan1987rojan1987 Posts: 37 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    maybe the devs should work on that problem
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User
    That and the terrible flight stance chosen for it need to be changed. But it's doubtful they ever will be.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    areee wrote: »
    Finally got to see it in action.... and something was off. After watching it for a few moments... the ruddy thing is working backwards. Instead of spiraling up, lifting the hero, it's spiraling down towards the ground. That would literally slam the hero into the ground. It was even pulling dirt and rock out of thin air to hammer into the ground.

Is anyone surprised Cryptic's artists don't get physics?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    It's a superhero game, physics is redundant.
    And super magics.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    I don't care, Everytime I see it I cringe inside.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    I don't care, Everytime I see it I cringe inside.

I mean, I agree with you, but we did just get "drill hands" designed by someone who's clearly never seen a drill before. My expectations are super low.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Just call them Awl punch hands and we're golden ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    there is one game that got it right on the physics that game is DCUO
    Tried that game... didn't like the creator.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    I regretted buying the power once I figured out it wasn't the same visual effect as the Air Elemental.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
    edited January 2021
    well in that game you have the ability to fly straight up and straight down unlike CO you don't have that ability I would like to see it in CO
  • andondarkmoreandondarkmore Posts: 670 Arc User
    Use Hurricane Animation and FX into a flight power
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    i'm not gonna bother buying the power to examine it but from your colorful description i'll try to defend the idea behind the power.

Possibility 1: A standard tornado has an upward draft on the outside spiraling part and a downward draft on the inner "eye" portion. Lets assume the reverse can be true of an artificial tornado, meaning the Hero is in the Upward "eye" section making the outside spiral downward.

Possibility 2: Rather than manipulating the local atmosphere to provide lift in the form of an updraft, the wind is generated from within the hero and provides thrust like a rocket. By projecting the wind downward they propel themselves upward, a.k.a. rocket farts. It is important to not think about the "dirt and rocks" too hard with this one.

Possibility 3. Magic, just f-ing magic, don't think about it too hard or your brain will implode.
    Seen too many birds sucked into engines on videos and Cartoons. wind pulls down. Hero goes splat, loses all their.......

maybe it's not so bad if only female characters use it if there are occasional wardrobe malfunctions. =D
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    still waiting on pogo stick travel power
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User

They probably didn't think anyone would notice, kind of like how they handled the newspaper emote.

still waiting on pogo stick travel power

I can see it now
    ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia0.giphy.com%2Fmedia%2F3orif8GN87Bij6aeS4%2Fgiphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.