test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Stop treating action figures like they're a special reward.

guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
They're not, they're not even a reward, they're a punishment for doing events and generally playing the game. A reward is something you want. An action figure is something that you can't delete on pick up, can't sell to a vendor, have to search though your inventory to find and throw away, and thus are objectively worse than mods. Completing an event and seeing a glowing circle is a very rare occurrence and so getting slapped in the face with a useless and pointless AF is just trolling at this point. If you insist on inflicting these wastes of space on us at least stop pretending that anyone is at all happy to see them.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    I guess there are some people that collect them (kind of like Perks; only Perks I have a use for are the ones that are barriers to costumes unlocks and such)? I never have. I just wish there was a way to deactivate AFs as drops (add it somewhere in the HUD?). Nothing is more dispiriting than seeing a big exclamation mark with a halo around it only to discover that it is an AF.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    It would be enough if you could sell them to the Vendor, even if just 55L or less, or trade them in for Event Tokens. Hell give us a perk to trade them in like some others were with Aura's and such, why limit to only one use of things, I dare say give us a fusion system, fuse 4 random ones to a new random one or a random gear. Bring back crafting and make use of them, I not care by this point, better than an item you can't sell and floods the AH for no good reason.
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    They're not, they're not even a reward, they're a punishment for doing events and generally playing the game. A reward is something you want. An action figure is something that you can't delete on pick up, can't sell to a vendor, have to search though your inventory to find and throw away, and thus are objectively worse than mods. Completing an event and seeing a glowing circle is a very rare occurrence and so getting slapped in the face with a useless and pointless AF is just trolling at this point. If you insist on inflicting these wastes of space on us at least stop pretending that anyone is at all happy to see them.

I would agree, it feels like they are holding back from really doing much with the game and rewards. Not saying the new western pistols aren't a welcome addition to my costumes.
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fcdn.mcstatic.com%2Fcontents%2Fvideos_screenshots%2F7766000%2F7766614%2Fpreview.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

They plugged buying the action figures of themselves during that one CC, so I gather the ones based upon them mean a lot to them. But it's kinda limited when you get a dev token anyways, the only real thig you can buy is AF's of them and their toons.
    ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fi1.wp.com%2Fwww.parentgalactique.fr%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2014%2F04%2FyogurtDoll.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I guess there are some people that collect them (kind of like Perks; only Perks I have a use for are the ones that are barriers to costumes unlocks and such)? I never have. I just wish there was a way to deactivate AFs as drops (add it somewhere in the HUD?). Nothing is more dispiriting than seeing a big exclamation mark with a halo around it only to discover that it is an AF.

I suppose that I should add the problem with the idea of collecting them is that you can only collect them once, every time these events roll around I get multiple AF that I already have already collected/unlocked. For the High Noon event I just today got TWO action figures AscII Oakley and Desert Serpent, both of which I'd unlocked the year they were introduced. I'm only getting extras from here on out and it's really pissing me off.

Let's not forget the holiday crackers that couldn't be sold, seemed to be rewarded with every single run of the Black Harlequin alert, and contained only AF that have been in the game for 6 years now.
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    I do not dislike them, even though I cannot get bothered to "use" them.

However, I fully admit that the glowing circle is annoying. Please, just take away the glowing circle for AF.

• areeeareee Posts: 828 Arc User
    Toy maker used to trade event currency for the AFs, now he doesn't.
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    They're consolation prizes at best at this point. Yes, other games do a brisk business in cosmetic pets, but they have more robust servers, and don't necessitate a camera distance in the 60 to 100 feet from character for group content.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
    Let AFs of the same type stack to 250 and let us sell them for 65Ls. Then there'd be a tiny point to opening those Christmas crackers from BH that give out the pointless submarine and such.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The problem with AFs is that you can only have one active at a time, and there's hundreds of them.
  • I completely agree with OP. Remove them from drops even. For those few who actually want them, let them be in event store for 5 event marks just like the mods.
    I completely agree with OP. Remove them from drops even. For those few who actually want them, let them be in event store for 5 event marks just like the mods.

This is also a good idea.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    Yeah, I'd be very cool with that. Anything to get them from reward drops
  • corniviccornivic Posts: 199 Arc User
    If the action figures were at least something cool to like at and not just a toy version of a chacter in the game then I would like them. I rather pets through.