test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 1/21/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2021 in Release Notes
High Noon
  • Added Western Pistol 2 and 3 costumes to the event store.

Fusion Week
  • This event will be active for the next week.

Perks
  • Updated several acton figure perks to complete if you unlocked them instead of needing to trade them in.

Winter Vendor
  • For the next week The Winter vendor can be accessed in the Recognition area.
​​

Comments

• evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    There are some clipping issues on the new Gun Holster.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Fusion Week
    • This event will be active for the next week.
    Cool. Much Needed. Thank you.
    Winter Vendor
    • For the next week The Winter vendor can be accessed in the Recognition area.
    ​​
    Wait! Didn't you just delete all the old currencies? Mighty confused now.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    Looks like we got a refund! :)
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • soundsriskysoundsrisky Posts: 58 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

They don't delete the currencies, only hide them.
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    High Noon
    • Added Western Pistol 2 and 3 costumes to the event store.
    ​​
    well okay, i guess i'll do more high noon
    nice profile picture bro
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Still no return of last year's 5-daily mission for the L1L-D0GG13 Sidekick. :/
    The currency was hidden, not deleted. Found that out when a mistake was made during the last Anniversary Event, had the previous year's currency for the event vendor's Hideout Week.

"The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    3 cheers for the Devs for responding to players concerns! Hip Hip Hooray!
    Very much like the new Auto Fuse Button. Saving much time.

Note that catalysts are on sale this week.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    Okay, this is awesome.

Thanks so much for understanding players concerns and fixing the Winter vendor situation. I'm really glad players are able to use the currency they farmed so hard for.

And Auto Fuse? You made my dreams come true.

Great job!

Rose_sig.png
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Perks
    • Updated several acton figure perks to complete if you unlocked them instead of needing to trade them in.
    This doesn't seem to be working properly. The perks are being granted (they're in the Collections category), but no titles are being unlocked with them.
  • atlassarnosianatlassarnosian Posts: 169 Arc User
    Perks
    ​​
    Bug
    Fastest Gun in the West perk does not unlock despite owning the ASCII Oakley action figure.
    None of the perks receive any titles.
    @atlassarnosian
    Banner.png
    Playing CO since August 25, 2012
    Lifetime sub since July 6, 2017

YouTube|Steam|DeviantArt|FurAffinity
    "Don't call me lizard!"
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    Still no return of last year's 5-daily mission for the L1L-D0GG13 Sidekick. :/
    The currency was hidden, not deleted. Found that out when a mistake was made during the last Anniversary Event, had the previous year's currency for the event vendor's Hideout Week.

Or the poncho! I wish they were more consistent on putting these special parts into the event store the next time.

Also really? So all the previous event currencies are still on the characters, and new ones added on every year? That feels like it's gonna cause problems eventually!
  • Not a fan of y'all removing pretty much everything worth farming for from this event.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    New pistols are too skinny.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »

idk, they feel normal sized, rather than ridiculously oversized like most weapons.
    edited January 2021
    When the pistols function as chest layer attachments they can be a variety of materials, but when you hold them in your hands as actual weapons you only have the metal option. It'd be nice if they could match.
    JwLmWoa.png
    When the pistols function as chest layer attachments they can be a variety of materials, but when you hold them in your hands as actual weapons you only have the metal option. It'd be nice if they could match.

That's a general problem with all weapons - no material options.

idk, they feel normal sized, rather than ridiculously oversized like most weapons.

When the muzzlebore is too small for your finger, it's too skinny.

I'm reasonably sure you couldn't put your finger down the muzzle of most historical pistols in the late 19th century. Some? Possibly. But not most.
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User

I'm reasonably sure you couldn't put your finger down the muzzle of most historical pistols in the late 19th century. Some? Possibly. But not most.

Although off-topic, this sounded interesting to me so I decided to look things up. Firing up the googles and wikipedia, I've concluded squirreloid is right that fingers wont fit into the barrel of a typical western revolver.

Most iconic cowboy/western gun seems to be the "Colt Single Action Army Revolver", which uses .44-40 winchester or .45 colt ammo depending on model. For simplicity lets use the .45 colt since its bigger. The .45 colt has a bullet diameter of .452 inch (11.5 mm). That was the easy part, now the hard part is finger diameter. Apparently the average men's ring is a "size 10", which has an inner diamter of .778 inch (19.76 mm).

Since 19.76mm is larger than 11.5mm, its unlikely that an average man's ring finger can insert into an average western revolver's barrel. While the pinky finger is a little smaller, I do not see it being being small enough to overcome the 8mm difference.
  • decorumfriendsdecorumfriends Posts: 2,802 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I looked up comparisons, yesterday, too. The proportions seem right, I think it's that the whole thing is too small vis a vis our hands.

39059e33e752e8ad808540f22b0fa0dc1611205469.png
    'Dec out

QDSxNpT.png
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Yup, exactly. The proportions are good but the scale is off.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    I'm not sure my female toons have fingers small enough to squeeze into those trigger guards for the pistols they got in the gun holster chest piece, I mean the handle is plausible, it looks like a derringer pistol handle, and it's possible they made revolvers that small, but the trigger guard is quite impossible to work.
    guyhumual wrote: »
    I'm not sure my female toons have fingers small enough to squeeze into those trigger guards for the pistols they got in the gun holster chest piece, I mean the handle is plausible, it looks like a derringer pistol handle, and it's possible they made revolvers that small, but the trigger guard is quite impossible to work.

The trigger guard might be a little small, but the problem here mostly isn't the pistol, strangely enough, its the hands, which are pretty grossly oversized.
  • crazyflip#4138 crazyflip Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I use as realistic proportions as possible in CO for my characters, including hands, and even then those pistols in the holsters are too small.

As others have said, the scale of the gun parts to each other are fine, but they are too small for our character models.

CO needs to get a better grip (pun not intended) of scale
    ...pretentious humble brag about how I am actually better than everyone and a hero to all. If you don't agree you don't get it *cries*
    I use as realistic proportions as possible in CO for my characters, including hands, and even then those pistols in the holsters are too small.

As others have said, the scale of the gun parts to each other are fine, but they are too small for our character models.

CO needs to get a better grip (pun not intended) of scale

Try hand length slider 65, hand slider 75. The held western pistol is almost the same size as the holstered one with those scales. Hand length should be a little shorter to perfectly match up, but that's pretty close (and you'd have to look really closely to tell its off), and the finger even fits in the trigger guard.

Hands are almost twice as long as they should be for realistic proportions.

The trigger guard might be a little small, but the problem here mostly isn't the pistol, strangely enough, its the hands, which are pretty grossly oversized.

there are defiantly pistols that size, but I think the model might be designed to be much larger than in the holster, but I haven't tried them as a weapon yet. I suspect they'll be larger in the hand then in the holster.
    edited January 2021
    The holster version is scaled too small. Smaller than the hand versions.

there are defiantly pistols that size, but I think the model might be designed to be much larger than in the holster, but I haven't tried them as a weapon yet. I suspect they'll be larger in the hand then in the holster.

Weapons in hand scale with hand sliders. So you can scale the handheld version to the same size as the holstered version.

The holster version is scaled too small. Smaller than the hand versions.

Only if you use the default hand scales, which are monstrously large for hands. See above for some hand slider numbers that get pretty close to the holstered size (and also pretty close to realistically sized hands).
    edited January 2021
    So, did some playing around with body sliders, which could also affect this from the other end (i've been working on a pretty default male chassis at 6' with near standard chest width)

-Most chest sliders don't have much of an affect on the chest holder size. Yeah, there's a little change, but it's not strictly length of pistol, and while you can tell while manipulating the slider by watching the guns, they aren't *that* different in size across the slider spectrum.

-Female breast slider, otoh, has a comical effect on pistol size in the chest holster. You're pretty much forced into using maximum breast slider if you want them to look like something other than toys. Pistol and holster size really shouldn't vary with breast size, it's just ridiculous.

-For the leg accessories, only leg length has a significant effect on pistol size, but it's a pretty massive effect. Again, holsters and pistols shouldn't change in size because leg length changes.

So yeah, there's a problem, but its not a scale problem on a default male model, its a slider-specific problem that assumes certain things (reasonably long legs, large breasts) are standard. Obviously, in the real world, pistols don't change size with body type.
    So I see there's a new Costume Contest added for this Friday, but I don't see any announcement in the forums about it. It'd have been nice to have had a weeks notice about it but it'd be even better if it were posted in the forums so that some folks that don't play everyday could get some notification about it.