test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Super Group: Base

areeeareee Posts: 827 Arc User
Single hideouts for lone supers. Well groups of supers always have a base of operations.

Purchasable by the group owner and a home top npcs or just groups. Ability to invite outsides or you can have it in a search list allowing people, with group settings allowed, to drop on in.

You've got alot of assets in game that could be converted into super bases and I know there are people who would jump in on this.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    People have asked for this a lot over the years. The usual response from players in the know is that the Dev who created the hideouts did it as sort of a side project and was then reassigned to other PWE properties (no idea if he's even employed here anymore). No other dev, before or since, has shown any interest in following up on further developing the hideouts we have, or adding SG bases, even though players have requested both.

One problem I could see is figuring out who owns such a base. E.g. if one person paid for it, then stopped playing, would everyone else be frozen out (the sort of thing that happens when the owner of a SG bank account stops playing and never assigns control to someone else). How does one handle multiple owners? So far the store has no way to handle purchases by multiple players.

Personally, given the limited resources CO has, I'd rather see them go to power revamps, lair revamps and whatever new content is possible (still waiting for 3rd installment of this arc https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11477603-the-midnight-depths).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • areeeareee Posts: 827 Arc User
    Ah, I figured others had the idea before. I just thought about it after seeing the Saloon location you load into Asciing for Trouble. Just a ready made location for groups right there.
  • rajakajirajakaji Posts: 69 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure it's an instance location like Carl's Gym, takes some rooting around on the bottom level of Snake Gulch though. Also I think the Moon Bases ate big enough to work as an SG HQ, and maybe the Caves.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    rajakaji wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure it's an instance location like Carl's Gym, takes some rooting around on the bottom level of Snake Gulch though. Also I think the Moon Bases ate big enough to work as an SG HQ, and maybe the Caves.

Been years for me but was there even a limit to hideouts how many people you can invite? Was it Team size? I honestly forgot and not have enough friends to try it out. DX