test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Summoner

areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Suggestions Box
The summoner is just as it says, it summons. Best type for Summoner would be Hybrid or Support.

Now there's no Pet centric aura or passive so far so why not make one of those first off. If the Summoner then this should be a Passive, if support then Aura so it affects other pets on the team(up).

A Solid increase to damage delt by pets. Each tier increasing that. A secondary of AoE damage resistance.
Stage 2 and 3 of course. Then some extras to choose.
Giant Killer: Immunity to Cosmic DoT damage. 3p
Summoner Protect: n% of Summoner's damage redirected to summons. 2p

Summoner is a mystic type so the magic and elemental summons would be found at various levels. The 4 Ritual pets. The temporary summons that deal more damage should be options with certain pets. Giving players some choice in their build. The elementals... well there is Dark, Earth, Wind and Ice. However Force, Fire, Lightning, Light, and Water do not have elemental summons. So there you can bring some more variety to the pet users of CO.

The builder power can be unique to the Summoner. A tiny pixie or imp, that launches energy building attacks for the Summoner. The player just stands and points at the enemy and the lil critter launches bolts. =3

For an Ultimate you could have an All are One sorta thing. Where all the players summons are Sacrificed for a temporary titan type pet equal to or greater than the Loyal sidekicks in power.

Edit: The request for new summons is due to the fact that the 3 robot summons vastly outclass every other perm summon available. In DPS the Munition bots are higher and use Piercing damage which ignores some Resistance, in Turret mode this is greatly increased. As for healing. Ritual for Radiant Summoning is just plain sad compared to the 2 Support drones who can steadily stream heals in an AoE pattern. RoRS's tier 3 Heal nearby allies is.... so wretchedly pitiful that it's no contest in choosing the Unbound ritual. Attack toys, while reduced in stats, can add up total of 3 of the other summon types.
Post edited by areee on

Comments

• areeeareee Posts: 817 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Well let my brain idle and cough up ideas based on stuff I see. Was focused on Summoner passives instead of pets this time because I wasn't so satisfied with the one I came up with.
    Minion Storm
    Pets summoned deal # additional crushing damage. Pets Summoned take drastically reduced AoE damage from Cosmic enemies.
    Stage 2/3 of course
    Can only choose one.
    Fire Storm: Convert Crushing damage to Fire damage
    Cold as Ice: Convert Crushing damage to Ice Damage
    Thunderstorm: Convert Crushing damage to Lightning Damage
    Mind over Matter: Convert Crushing damage to PSi damage
    Army of Magi: Convert Crushing damage to Magic Damage
    Blood Summon
    n% of damage done by Pets are converted to health for the summoner. Pets Summoned take drastically reduced AoE damage from Cosmic Enemies.
    Stage 2/3
    Not for me: % of damage delt by pets is converted to health for the pet instead of the summoner.
    Stronger Summons
    Increase Pet Health, Resistance, Knock Resist, & Hold Resist by #%. Summoned Pets take drasticcally reduced AoE damage from Cosmic Enemies.
    Stage 2/3
    Shared Life: Summoner's Max health is reduced by 25% and added to all summoned pets.
    Echoed Heal: Heals Received by Summoner are Echoed to all Pets at 10% effectiveness. (Overhealing is not counted)

Added 1-16-2021
    Float like a butterfly!
    Increase Pet dodge by 50% + #
    Increase Pet Avoidance by 50% + #
    Reduce incoming damage by n (Stacks with IDF)
    Let's fix ya up
    Pets regain # health every 3 seconds
    Pets take % increased healing from outside sources. (Not from their summoner or pets summoned by them)
    Stronger than me
    Summoned pets are # level(s) higher than you.
    Pets take drastically reduced damage from Cosmic AoEs

Added 1-18-2021 (Literally woke up with this idea)
    Burn!
    Pets deal #% additional fire damage.
    Pets have #% fire resistance.
    Stage 2/3
    Flame Shield: #% chance when struck to inflict Clinging Flames.
    Cold!
    Pets deal #% additional Ice Damage
    Pets have #% Fire resistance.
    Stage 2/3
    Ice Shield: #% chance when struck to inflict Chill.
    Zap
    Pets Deal #% additional Lightning Damage
    Pets have #% Lightning Resistance
    Stage 2/3
    Shock Shield: #% chance when Struck to inflict Negative Ions
    Gust!
    Pets deal #% additional crushing damage & #% additional cold damage
    Pets have #% crushing resistance & #% cold resistance
    Stage 2/3
    Cyclone shield: #% chance when struck to knock up enemy.
    Force!
    Pets deal #% crushing damage with #% change to knock up enemies.
    Pets have #% physical damage resistance.
    Stage 2/3
    Repel: Pets have #% chance to knock back enemies when attacked(#s cooldown)
    Mind!
    Pets deal #% additional Ego damage.
    Pets have #% Ego Resistance.
    Stage 2/3
    When attacked pets have #% chance to convert enemy to ally for # seconds.
    Otherwordly
    Pets deal #% additional Dimensional Damage.
    Pets have #% Dimensional Damage Resistance.
    Stage 2/3
    Terror Shield: #% chance when attacked to Fear the target.
    Post edited by areee on
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    Many great and innovative ideas. Only thing I don't like is something as situational as Cosmic DoT immunity being a 3p advantage.

Unfortunately, the devs won't make builds capable of a high number of pets more viable, not that these ideas are for that specifically. Framerate drops, rubberbanding, enemies turning invisible, A.I. bugs, etc. If pets are to become more viable, either solutions to each individual risk would need to come first or the max possible number of pets per player would need to be limited with the revamp optimized for that cap.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
    edited January 2021
    Yes, when I was last regulary playing I had shared an idea along those lines. It died a quiet death.

Found it.
    3 More passive ideas added above.
    Storm of Passive ideas added 1-18-2021