test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 1/14/2021

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,077 Cryptic Developer
edited January 2021 in Release Notes
High Noon
For the next 2 weeks this event will be running.
  • New Mission: Complete the High Noon at Snake Gulch mission 5 times, rewards the Drill Hands costume.
  • Added Western Pistol 1 to the event store.
  • Retired Rustbucket and Steampunk Pistol costumes from the event store. These can now be found in the Trade Paperback store.

Winter Event
  • This event is over.

ZEN Store
Sharp Shooter Key Pack
This pack will be available from now until Monday.
Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Cosmic Keys of Power
  • 1x Gun Holster costume
The Gun Holster costume can use Western Pistol 1-3 as attachment options if you have unlocked them.

Currencies
  • The following event currencies from last year have been retired: Foxbat Cred, Patriot Tokens, Anniversary Favor, Turakian Coins, Winter Charms, Nighthawk Favor, Circus Malvanum Gears, Elysium Coins, Snake Bucks.
  • Events this year will grant new versions of their respective currencies.

Costumes
  • Some costumes under the back category have been renamed to include that they are a weapon.

Powers
  • Fixed an issue where Lightning Strike was not considered an Electricity power.
  • Increased the aoe range of the pyre patch created by Meteor Blaze based on rank.
  • Increased the aoe range of Meteor Blaze to 20ft.
  • Meteor Blaze now has a chance to apply Engulfing Flames if the target is affected by Clinging Flames.
  • Fixed a bug where the Pyre Patch created by Meteor Blaze had a target cap of 5.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• blackscorpion125blackscorpion125 Posts: 9 Arc User
    Can you fix the bug in the Currency Exchange Vendor for Snake Bucks, its reads Snake Bites in the store so you cannot exchange them, thanks
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Can you fix the bug in the Currency Exchange Vendor for Snake Bucks, its reads Snake Bites in the store so you cannot exchange them, thanks
    That's for a legacy currency, not anything you can currently earn.
    the problem was that my toons had Snake Bucks that I wanted to convert to Until tokens but I couldn't do it due to Vendor coming up as Snake Bits so it didn't recognize my tokens, been trying to report the bug for weeks but everytime I try to use Report A Bug it says its Offline, try again later, this is bull
    the problem was that my toons had Snake Bucks that I wanted to convert to Until tokens
    You aren't supposed to be able to do that. It's not a bug.
    I am not trying to argue with you pantagruel01 and I appreciate your help but I am at the Currency Exchange Vendor and it says that there is a conversion for Snake Bucks to Until recognition for 1, 10, or 100 . The same way that MCPD recognition or Primus recognition etc can be converted. So unless you are trying to tell me that there is an in-game currency called Snake Bits then this is a mistake
    edited January 2021
    I am not trying to argue with you pantagruel01 and I appreciate your help but I am at the Currency Exchange Vendor and it says that there is a conversion for Snake Bucks to Until recognition for 1, 10, or 100 . The same way that MCPD recognition or Primus recognition etc can be converted. So unless you are trying to tell me that there is an in-game currency called Snake Bits then this is a mistake
    There is an in game currency called snake bits. It has not been awarded since the changeover in recognition (that also got rid of MCPD and Primus) something like five years ago, but I believe I still have some kicking around on old alts.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    That's one heck of a holster. A small part of me wish it was in collars instead of chest layer because most cowboys use dusters and jackets.

I must say thats the glutch event store is looking a bit thin. So Kaiserin I feel like some cowboy and steampunk costume pieces were retired too early.

I can finally say MB is an ultimate.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Why are you celebrating, Meteor Blaze is still horrible Ultimate
    The only good thing is about the update is that Meteor Blaze was increased to 20ft
    • As mentioned already low DPS, getting outperformed from FIREBALL on AOE DPS as opening strike
    • It's still horrible DPS Ultimate in general
    • The fire Patch can still be replaced and cannibalized by your base Fire patch powers! Major flaw to be used in optimized Fire builds
    • Engulfing flames is barely useful because a Fire build will already apply the debuff from Fire Snake or other power

You want to make Meteor Blaze good! Increase it's base damage and/or give it OVERPOWERED DEBUFF and make the Fire patch Unique and being able to be stacked with your base fire patch tiger-41.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Where the other "Western Pistols" at, seems only 1 atm. Seems strange how the holster can only hold them weapons.
    Psi.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Drill hands? We all remember those westerns where the desperado road into town with a pair of drill hands right?

Now we can make that well known Western character Drill Hands Luke.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    From: https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11483053-gunslinger-key-pack!

"It may just be the regular old apocalypse outside, but that doesn't mean you can't dress for the post-apocalypse in Champions Online! For a limited time, grab the Gunslinger Keypack, with 10 keys, and the Gunholster Costume, for just 900 Zen! It'll be available until Monday, January 18th at 8am PT. The costume not only looks cool, it will also actually hold your character's guns in the holsters. Whether you fancy a night on the town or a shoutout at the saloon, you can't go wrong with this excellent accessory."

For the life of me, I can't see a way to make the holsters hold anything. Are the handguns we pick in the tailor supposed to actually appear in the holsters? Is this only going to work on the new handguns coming out in this event? That's not what's applied implied above. Did whoever wrote the text just not understand what was going on with the costume piece?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    Nice upgrade to Meteor Blaze, but still not an Ultimate.

The range increase works nicely with a Fire based Healer, so there's that bit of a perk... but a perk isn't an ULTIMATE!
    Plus, fire builds throw those burning effects around anyway.
    Or, maybe toss in a Healing Rune, apply illumination, or give a defense/dps boost (or a mix, or all of it!) to allies within the pyre patch area if not going for another DPS ultimate? Embrace it as a Support Ultimate!

Now I need to throw my 2 cents in about Earthquake because it was mentioned:
    Why can't it be used on uneven ground?!?!
    Like, the hill's too big, no quaking here!
    Dino's on an incline, can't quake her!
    Meanwhile, yay, Fissure still works! Yeah, do that, alone, even though they're designed to work together.
    Then Whirlpool? Yeah, let's get that going on land, sea, or air! Just no Earthquake on slightly uneven ground?
  • randomchance4242randomchance4242 Posts: 195 Arc User
    Soooooo... I just lost out on over 2400 winter charm worth of unlocks because I was expecting the vendor to stay the additional week after the event ended, like they always do. Finished up last night and was too tired to redeem, and I just figured I'd get it tomorrow.
  • sparklisinasparklisina Posts: 113 Arc User
    Soooooo... I just lost out on over 2400 winter charm worth of unlocks because I was expecting the vendor to stay the additional week after the event ended, like they always do. Finished up last night and was too tired to redeem, and I just figured I'd get it tomorrow.

Random... I am so sorry. This is really stupid honestly. The vendors ALWAYS stick around and the fact that the event was extended is no excuse to change things up like this. You farmed so hard every single day. I don't remember reading that the vendor was being removed immediately or I would have said something.

Lamest of the lame.

Rose_sig.png
  • There's a grand total of four costume pieces to choose from in the event store; boots, a new pistol, a sword, and heavy cannons. Is there any other event with so few options that you can think of? No event should have fewer choices than the developer store.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User

Random... I am so sorry. This is really stupid honestly. The vendors ALWAYS stick around and the fact that the event was extended is no excuse to change things up like this. You farmed so hard every single day. I don't remember reading that the vendor was being removed immediately or I would have said something.

Lamest of the lame.

Honestly, by now it feels like someone is pulling a prank or so and laughs at this, Bloodmoon event with the Throne Vehicle, now this, make up your mind Devs, I know no one many cares for this game but if you not want more players to leave on an already low game, on top of removing sub for no apparent reason for people that also driven them away since Lifetime is way too expensive and not safe to say since game could close down any minute.

I know you will edit and or remove my post but, seriously do we even have one none retarded dev left? If we have any at all besides probably people doing side projects for this game apparently? I love this game, but it does keep sadden me seeing how less care it gets each day. At least new costumes and so but then random ideas like the threat mods instead of fixing aggro as a whole for once in roles. And don't get me started on pets (which should be sidekick standard and should not need a spec tree to make them survivable) and desperate power reworks.
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    The Cyberpunk costume set, which was removed from the Questionite store over a year ago, is still unavailable. According to the release notes from December 11, 2019 it was supposed to show up in the High Noon event store, but it never appeared during 2020 and isn't in the event store now.

I believe the Steel Commando costumes were also missing from the Nighthawk event last year, which was supposed to be their new home.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Meteor blaze is still laughable useless, throw-on-the-never-have-this-in-your-build pile w/crashing, and driver.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • gameongameon Posts: 55 Arc User
    The Cyberpunk costume set, which was removed from the Questionite store over a year ago, is still unavailable. According to the release notes from December 11, 2019 it was supposed to show up in the High Noon event store, but it never appeared during 2020 and isn't in the event store now.

I believe the Steel Commando costumes were also missing from the Nighthawk event last year, which was supposed to be their new home.

Maybe the devs can do something awesome like lock them on a vendor that takes a dev's handout as payment!
    You know... instead of as a reward for playing. But let's be honest, we can't reward fun!

• trilinitexxtrilinitexx Posts: 3 Arc User

Lamest of the lame.

Honestly, by now it feels like someone is pulling a prank or so and laughs at this, Bloodmoon event with the Throne Vehicle, now this, make up your mind Devs, I know no one many cares for this game but if you not want more players to leave on an already low game, on top of removing sub for no apparent reason for people that also driven them away since Lifetime is way too expensive and not safe to say since game could close down any minute.

I know you will edit and or remove my post but, seriously do we even have one none retarded dev left? If we have any at all besides probably people doing side projects for this game apparently? I love this game, but it does keep sadden me seeing how less care it gets each day. At least new costumes and so but then random ideas like the threat mods instead of fixing aggro as a whole for once in roles. And don't get me started on pets (which should be sidekick standard and should not need a spec tree to make them survivable) and desperate power reworks.

Seriously Champions Online i had 25000 Winter Charms stotal on 6 different characters and like always waited for event to end to buy some unlocks and vechicles from the event store the week after when everything back to normal and we dont grind. Definitely you need to change this whole delete coins situation and bring them back. You always could make a coin exchange system if you want to change their names like it is at Recognition in 1/1 ratio. We players want you to return the game to state when all our hard achieved coins are bringed back.
    Lest make a poll players for this. They should listen us and bring back what was deleted. All coins we had from all events.
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    I tried warning people in zone chat about the deleting currency as soon as I saw the patch notes, but no one seemed to care or believe that the winter currency would also be deleted. Really though, it should have been made more clear as many people seem to have assumed they would have an extra week to spend because that has been the pattern. Also people have been burned by spending currency before the end of the event, only to find a new item in the shop after the event was over (recent blood moon), so they learned to wait.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Because of these kinds of currency screw ups in the past I've learned the bitter lesson of always buying everything I want from an event store on the last day it is running. Of course, this screwed me over last blood moon when the throne was made available the week after the event ended, but in general it has been a wise practice.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    edited January 2021
    This practice will significantly affect my interest in this game
    We all know what it looks like without even naming it straight
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    avianos wrote: »
    You want to make Meteor Blaze good! Increase it's base damage and/or give it OVERPOWERED DEBUFF and make the Fire patch Unique and being able to be stacked with your base fire patch tiger-41.gif​​

It would be nice if the fire patch could be used in conjunction with the other fire patches. I almost suggested the fire patch be switched out for a lava pool for that reason, except a lava pool probably wouldn't benefit from Unstable Accelerant. Still, the fact that only one fire patch can be used at a time does diminish the benefit and how attractive that feature is for Meteor Blaze.

Maybe a lava pool with the fire patch would goose up the damage a bit and mitigate some of the single fire patch issue..
    Post edited by spookyspectre on
  • vonqballvonqball Posts: 923 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    First... Not having Toymaster's Apprentice stick around for a week after the event ends was a terrible call. Sure the event got extended, but one would expect the grace period would be extended as well.

Second... Next time you make a costume, google the item first. Drills almost always have spiraling channels! There is a good reason for this, and it looks damn cool. I always wanted drill hands, and I hope we get some someday. Right now we have lawn gnome hats.. or maybe waffle cone arm terminations, NOT DRILLS! *splodes*
  • redcastle56redcastle56 Posts: 133 Arc User
    Agreed that not having the vendor stick around for a week after the event was a real screwjob. Particularly when with the recent bloodmoon where the throne didn't even show up in the store till after the event. That experienced trained the userbase to wait till after the end of the event to spend coins. And now you screw those same players by not having the vendor stick around after the event. I had nearly 10k in event currency spread over my toons, and its all gone. Even if I was just going to spend it on Clarence mods, I should have been given a chance to.

Dev could have easily announced that the vendor would not be sticking around when they announced the extension. And mentioning it the day before in the PTS notes doesnt count. There are many times things in the PTS don't go to live.

Its a real insult to the players. Again.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Well the only thing I really agree with is not letting other fire patches cancel the one from MB. Other than that I still think it good enough ultimate for CO standards.

I before suggested elsewhere that I wish it done both crushing and fire damage as how some HW powers do.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    The gun holster costume has problems with clipping. The strap of the bottom holster clips inwards, and the strap between the two holsters clip into the character's chest.
    Agreed that not having the vendor stick around for a week after the event was a real screwjob. Particularly when with the recent bloodmoon where the throne didn't even show up in the store till after the event. That experienced trained the userbase to wait till after the end of the event to spend coins. And now you screw those same players by not having the vendor stick around after the event. I had nearly 10k in event currency spread over my toons, and its all gone. Even if I was just going to spend it on Clarence mods, I should have been given a chance to.

Dev could have easily announced that the vendor would not be sticking around when they announced the extension. And mentioning it the day before in the PTS notes doesnt count. There are many times things in the PTS don't go to live.

Its a real insult to the players. Again.

Hi. I think we should organize on the forum and take our complaint to them.
    I think we deserve to be heard cause those coins were many hours worth of playing. All coins from all events and they just cancelled them.
    I don't understand what the problem is with leaving the vendors in the recognition building all year round.
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Because of these kinds of currency screw ups in the past I've learned the bitter lesson of always buying everything I want from an event store on the last day it is running. Of course, this screwed me over last blood moon when the throne was made available the week after the event ended, but in general it has been a wise practice.
    vonqball wrote: »
    First... Not having Toymaster's Apprentice stick around for a week after the event ends was a terrible call. Sure the event got extended, but one would expect the grace period would be extended as well.

Expiring currency does significantly more to irritate and alienate players than it does retain event interest. Still, I expect this policy will not ever change.
  • Did an update break something again? For some reason switching between metal or leather material on costumes isn't working; my robot character was metal head to toe, now the outfit is all matte or leather instead and I can't fix it.
    So I guess Drill hands has to be the single worst reward for 5 missions thus far. I wonder if they can out do themselves next week?
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »
    So I guess Drill hands has to be the single worst reward for 5 missions thus far. I wonder if they can out do themselves next week?

They are not as bad, at least you can finally make invisible hands with them, except the wrist part but still nice. You can't satisfy everyone with such, it is a free thing you get nearby for doing the dailies anyway.