test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wire/Whip "Powers" (Small Question)

circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Power Discussion
So small qeastion, but is there any other powers (Besides the Chains/Claw Blades) that can act like an small wire/whip like powers if done correctly?, I kown that if you use Single Blade/Dual Blades (with an Invs-Blade) the energy effect still shows, like a thin line. But I am wondering if that can work with the others. Like Laser Blades?

I did try around and it seems only Blades have the unique effect of being able to go Invs, as Psi blades still show the outline of the blade, despite it being black in the weapon skin selection screen.

With that also being said, is there a way to boost or improve the effects that powers give off? (Exp: Crimson Bloom has this glowish effect when you swing around the sword, is there away to make that way more intense?)

Psi

Psi.
Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    (question, not 'qeastion')
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, but there are multiple chain or chain-like powers throughout various powersets (be they 'tethers' or 'lariats' or 'cyclones', or w/e). Also, spell effects can often go up when you get Rank 2_3 of a power, but they won't always be that noticeable regardless (and yea, from quick testing it seems like ranking up Crimson Blade makes the sword trail effect brighter).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • circleofpsi#4619 circleofpsi Posts: 2,913 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    flowcyto wrote: »
    (question, not 'qeastion')
    I'm not quite sure what you mean, but there are multiple chain or chain-like powers throughout various powersets (be they 'tethers' or 'lariats' or 'cyclones', or w/e). Also, spell effects can often go up when you get Rank 2_3 of a power, but they won't always be that noticeable regardless (and yea, from quick testing it seems like ranking up Crimson Blade makes the sword trail effect brighter).

Yeah, I'll have to toy around with some 'tethers' or 'lariats tho be kinda silly to have a build with just them and yeah that's what I mean the Spell-Effects, shame there is no way to make them more noticeable, ah well.

Edit: As for what I was trying to say, some powers (if you do Invis-Weapons) can look like thin Spell-Effects that can kinda look like a small whip or wire (if you use your imagination). I was wondering if there is other ways to do that.

Sadly, I do not have Imaginary Weapons (For Plasma Swords) so I can't build around them and the Lazer Swords are very weak
    Post edited by circleofpsi#4619 on
    Psi.
    cryneting wrote: »
    As for what I was trying to say, some powers (if you do Invis-Weapons) can look like thin Spell-Effects that can kinda look like a small whip or wire (if you use your imagination). I was wondering if there is other ways to do that.
    Yea, I'm unsure of that, though TK Blade powers are always there if you want a more prominent spell effect coming from the sword(s).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    cryneting wrote: »
    As for what I was trying to say, some powers (if you do Invis-Weapons) can look like thin Spell-Effects that can kinda look like a small whip or wire (if you use your imagination). I was wondering if there is other ways to do that.
    Yea, I'm unsure of that, though TK Blade powers are always there if you want a more prominent spell effect coming from the sword(s).

Yes, tho I am not sure if there is a way to hide the sword itself?, as I don't have access to hidden weapons sadly and I don't think Invs-Weapons work for Psi as the flame effect still shows I think
    Psi.
    Yea, afaik, you cannot hide the TK swords, regardless.
  • dialamxdialamx Posts: 931 Arc User

Given how the power FXs work, you can't have invisible TK weapons. That's why, instead of "Imaginary Weapons" for TK Blades and Laser Swords, you get "Toothpicks". This causes you to simply hold a very thin beam of light, that has no shape other than a straight line. A similar effect can be seen when you have a weapon display device (or use the "powerscancelallanimations" command) and do an emote that would normally hide the weapon. TK Blades and Laser Swords lose their physical models but keep their lighting FXs, creating a thin beam of light in your hand.
    Yea, that makes sense, and is why I figured they cannot be made invisible atm.
    edited January 2021
    dialamx wrote: »

Given how the power FXs work, you can't have invisible TK weapons. That's why, instead of "Imaginary Weapons" for TK Blades and Laser Swords, you get "Toothpicks". This causes you to simply hold a very thin beam of light, that has no shape other than a straight line. A similar effect can be seen when you have a weapon display device (or use the "powerscancelallanimations" command) and do an emote that would normally hide the weapon. TK Blades and Laser Swords lose their physical models but keep their lighting FXs, creating a thin beam of light in your hand.

I'll take a look to see what I can do with it, never knew such existed (or I just forgot :s ) , I'll have to try find it, tho likely from the same event you get from the Imaginary Weapons, so will have to wait until the next Foxbat thingy.

Thanks for the info tho Dial
    Psi.
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    If you want to make the spell effects for MA weapon powers more intense you can use the Melee Weapon Aura: Sorcery (right) aura from the death rattle series. The down side is that it will make it look about the same as a laser sword, but with MA weapons.
    The TK blade imaginary weapon looks much like the thin line you see with MA imaginary weapons, but with a small jet of flame coming out of your closed fist.