test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

some death rattle boss tactics

hello.
I'm doing the death rattle and follow up series for the first time. Hydrophis and talisman both have an attack that sucks you into the middle and does lots of damage. I've manage to push my way through this with some consumables, but I'm wondering if there is some method I'm missing.
Is there a tactic/method/thing that I'm missing that would make these more painless?

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    The nice thing is that even when you die, Talisman does not heal up. So, you can whittle her down.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • codetellercodeteller Posts: 3 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    The nice thing is that even when you die, Talisman does not heal up. So, you can whittle her down.
    yeah :)
    hydrophis is not so..convenient :(

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    A lunge or reverse lunge should get you out, and if you can bait it in midair or on the second floor so should turning off flight and falling out (haven't tested any of these), but these aren't really designed as trick fights.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 768 Arc User
    ? They go down faster than they can get their voice lines out, oO I'm not sure how AOE dmg is a problem.
    [NbK]XStorm
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 739 Arc User
    Using either or both temporary sidekick and then limited summoning device from the UNTIL vendor from the Recognition Shopping area can help give you some distraction against some of the trash mob. A perma sidekick is nice to have as well.
  • whatdakrakwhatdakrak Posts: 47 Arc User
    It's been a while since i ran the missions but i'm pretty sure one of the missions in the series gives you some bound secondary gear that scales to your level. It has a Magical damage resistance stat that might be helpful in the boss fight. That assumes you didn't just throw them out like most people did when they looked at them and saw their other stats aren't very good.

If all else fails, ask in Zone for help and if it's possible to enter with you someone will.
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    > @codeteller said:
    > hello.
    > I'm doing the death rattle and follow up series for the first time. Hydrophis and talisman both have an attack that sucks you into the middle and does lots of damage. I've manage to push my way through this with some consumables, but I'm wondering if there is some method I'm missing.
    > Is there a tactic/method/thing that I'm missing that would make these more painless?

Hydrophis has a barrage of ultimates and scaled up attacks which often make you wanna call for assistance.

Teaming up can usually solve this boss fight however...movement and baiting attacks into certain areas can really help.

There's no harm in blocking through a bunch of attack of noLOSing some attacks if you need to. I find Hydrophis harder to do on flying ranged. On melee he is much easier as long as you don't pressure him into a corner so draw him out of that initial area and use movement and blocking to your advantage.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited July 2021
    Deleted for raising a dead thread.
  • omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Thread may be old but advice can still be of use to newer players.

Personally I did the following.
    Take along a sidekick and one or more UNTIL summons. Also any permanent summons like Psionic Echoes that have a longer lifespan than say Manimal Control vs the 5 minute cooldown.
    Block like crazy when they have a gravity well type power going, or health drains, and then hit them when its done.

And asking for an assist is also good. I have helped a few players with those if happen to be on at the right time. Same goes for any of the missions. If having trouble and sidekicks and summons arent enough. Ask for an assist.
  • omega2764omega2764 Posts: 36 Arc User
    Soloed it with my Behemoth AT.
    On another alt had to hide and let sidekick and device summons wear Hydrophis and Zorran down. Popping out to fire off a few shots then hiding again.
    Teamed with various players having trouble with this or that part and help out. And gotten help for some alts working through it.

Having an UNTIL summon on hand can help to at least draw fire. Some are more durable than others.