test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Rant - Getting frustrated with Cryptic's lack of professionalism.

sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
edited January 2021 in Off Topic
The professional game developers who are paid good money to develop computer games all day missed a bug. So they extended the winter event another week and gave everyone some tokens.

And they've pushed back content for months due to the Coof. It doesn't make sense since they could easily in theory program things from home so their should be minimally affected by the Coof if at all.

And there's this thing:
key-park.png

Sure, it's minor typo on an ad most players ignore. But it's still a typo that's made it past the editors and into official artwork.

Three examples of a pattern of behavior.

Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining about the game. The game is great. Nor am I complaining about the delays. Delays happen.

No. I am, in fact, insulted.

If I made these types of mistakes at my job, my career would be destroyed. In fact at most of my jobs I've been expected to outperform teams of multiple people. These people get to call off work for a disease with 99.99% survival rate. Try getting shot at. I haven't gotten time off due to the pandemic and even had to work extra over Christmas. When I go to college and struggle with but ultimately pass Differential Equations, Thermal Dynamics, and Fluid Mechanics, I get treated like I'm a moron by people who can't do Calculus.

I know these clowns are making at least twice as much as I'm making right now. Beyond that they get to enjoy their job and do what *they* want. They don't have to confine their life's goals to the professions our elected officials want us to pursue. And they get to go home to their own families and aren't guilt tripped for loving their own kin.

What gives them the right to make mistakes? They're professionals. Their work should be *perfect*. Impeccable. Flawless. None of this "they're only human" bullshit.

The mere fact that their bosses are clearly tolerating this and not providing "wall to wall" counsellings is an ongoing insult to every man and woman making less money then these folks are making.

So, Cryptic, please pay more attention to details and stop making mistakes.
Post edited by sannia1 on

Comments

• catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    sannia1 wrote: »
    "..."

A lot has changed in my lifetime; as the quality of character has been diminished through various methods among many people in the world, so has the quality of life and the fine line of what is acceptable and what isn't as it's consequence.

A lie is coveted and protected over the truth, laziness is also rewarded...Just don't let it get to you, the times we are in will have many disappointments, and things that seem ridiculous and unfair, but just hold on to what you know is and has always been good and acceptable, and not lose that virtue just to blend in and conform, thereby adding to the problem. Conforming to what holds nothing in value, offers no value in itself, no more than iron can mix with clay. To bring it up will only cause it to be turned around to make you the bad guy, because that's unfortunately how the world works now. Please be careful.

...but even saying that, I agree mistakes happen, and yes "we are only human"...it's the one's that aren't corrected that should be frowned upon. Especially if it's something in matters of business and trade, I can laugh at the typo in a none scornful way because I've edited my own column before in the school newspaper and missed things before. If you get too worked up, it could get blown out of proportion and what little bit of ear they give you will no longer be there.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
    I suppose it's clear it isn't Cryptic I'm actually miffed about.

Okay, I'll try to continue being patient for now...but I can't put up with this 'society' forever. Life doesn't last that long.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    What’s happening in this game is a shame and everyone knows it. Though those responsible refuse to leave the oval office, while their little enablers protest and call you fake news, or worse. Such is the way of dictators…

LZX1psU.png

• leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Are you sane ?
    @Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
  • sannia1sannia1 Posts: 86 Arc User
    Screw you.

You know what, forget everything I said about Cryptic. The hashtag slacktivist brigade is the worst set of tyrants on the planet at the moment. You don't take the time and effort to *understand* anything, let alone *do* it. One of you just photoshops a pretty picture together and then a million or so click on it, and then by the power of "democracy" the rest of us are expected to twist our lives around whatever idiot cause you people collectively support.

You alluded to the US presidential election. Screw you for bringing it up in a thread that has nothing to do with it. That said...inauguration is January 20th. If Trump's still in there January 21st, *then* you can say he's refusing to leave office. *Until* that time, claiming he's refusing to leave office is a bold faced lie. This lack of intellectual discipline is the exact reason we can't possibly find common ground right now.

...damn...the fool probably doesn't even have the attention span to read this far down. What am I doing?
  • retehi#8400 retehi Posts: 32 Arc User
    lmao
  • Trigger warning! Lol
    Oh, calm down.
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User
    A trump supporter who asserts the biggest dictator on the planet is a developer of a small time MMO.

*shuts off computer*
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    sannia1 wrote: »
    Screw you.

You alluded to the US presidential election. Screw you for bringing it up in a thread that has nothing to do with it. That said...inauguration is January 20th. If Trump's still in there January 21st, *then* you can say he's refusing to leave office. *Until* that time, claiming he's refusing to leave office is a bold faced lie. This lack of intellectual discipline is the exact reason we can't possibly find common ground right now.

This post was obviously created to vent, argue and attack about politics and the US presidential election. This really isn't the best forum for that but by all means, go ahead, if folks want to.

I'm sorry you're so stressed out. A great many of us are very, very stressed out as well. Our reasons may not all be the same but perhaps that's a better starting place for finding common ground, rather than scratching the "us" against "them" dividing lines deeper.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    zGuUOL3.gif?noredirect
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I'm surprised that no one has shut the thread down yet.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    I *really* am not talking about politics, and I thought that much was obvious. Just being playful and silly (and a little b*tchy) about the current state of the game. However: I sincerely apologize to anyone who may have found my words distasteful, triggering, upsetting…whatever.

In the words of Britney:
    “I may have made it rain,
    Please forgive me
    My weakness caused you pain
    And this song’s my sorry…”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pxwrEj5jtXE

May she continue to bless and guide us through these dark, dark, dark times. Amen. :pensive:
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    I heard someone was in here going berzerk over a typo.
    vlcsnap-2019-10-03-09h56m34s713-1.png
This discussion has been closed.