test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No Eidolon Unlock?

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
Eidolon seems to be relatively successful so far. Many runs are wins; some are fails. Such is life. At some times of the day it is difficult to draw in the right mix of roles/player because of low numbers in game. I am a bit worried that a future change back to having to complete the 3 unlocking missions first will drive down interest and participation in the final mission, meaning that it will be even harder to find enough players except and maximum peak population hours.

I am wondering if it might be wise to leave off the 3 unlock entirely missions and just let people get to Eido directly? If the 3 unlock missions are going to be brought back no matter what, maybe give them better rewards so that people who do the unlocks, but fail Eido himself, won't feel like they have wasted a huge amount of time.

I don't have any hard and fast feelings about this, but I have heard some players at Eido worrying about the unlock. So, I thought it worth mentioning here.

People are also wondering when the Qliphothic Essence store will become available.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    The eido unlock missions don't have bad rewards, they're a decent way of farming scr. The biggest problem is that the team you use to unlock Eido isn't generally well suited to beating him -- the ideal unlock team is something like 4 tanks, 2 support, 6 dps (you do two missions at once with 2/1/3 and then the third with 2/2/6 with the other two tanks alting at that point), and the optimal for Eido is something like 3 tanks (two main, one off-tank for add management in the last stage), 4 support, 18 dps.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Have there been any Eido attempts at all since just before Christmas? In the times I have been on I have not seen any and all the in-game chat is that adding the OM unlock requirement killed all interest in it. It would be a great pity to have Eido himself fixed and then fade away again.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Have there been any Eido attempts at all since just before Christmas?
    There was one over the weekend that failed. It's likely to become active again once Clarence is done.
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    Not a fan of the OM requirement myself, but I understand its purpose as a gateway challenge.

Maybe extending the time all 3 need to be finished would help?

Instead of 2-3 groups needing to complete them at the same time, a group of one MT, one OT, DPS, and heals would be required to knock each OM out in quick succession.

Just a thought...
    Not a fan of the OM requirement myself, but I understand its purpose as a gateway challenge.

Maybe extending the time all 3 need to be finished would help?
    It doesn't terribly matter. If you can't get the forces to unlock, you probably can't beat Eido either (the fail I mentioned was on last stage Eidolon, not on unlocking).
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    > @pantagruel01 said:
    > It doesn't terribly matter. If you can't get the forces to unlock, you probably can't beat Eido either (the fail I mentioned was on last stage Eidolon, not on unlocking).

It's not about beating the OM's. It's about the requirements needed to do them.

You just said yourself a couple posts above about needing more tanks to do the OM's than doing the Eido fight itself. Reason being is because of the short timeframe all 3 bosses have to dead at the same time. By extending the timeframe all 3 have to be dead, you'd just need 1 pair of tanks to complete the requirements instead of 2 or 3 separate pairs.

Instead of a synchronized effort, a single large group could just burn them down one after the other within a given time frame.

That way you won't have extra tanks for the Eido fight.
    True, on a ten minute scale could probably zerg rush all three. Though it's actually desirable to have two main tanks and a dual-role offtank (probably either dps or cc) for eido anyway, and all three of the OMs are technically doable without an OT (healer using CC at PG and Oub, either a tough kitey healer or a really tough MT at Slug).
  • rajakajirajakaji Posts: 69 Arc User
    A little off topic but can you participate in Eido if you haven't finished the QWZ intro quests? Like you do Hermes Revisited to get to QWZ and then there's a few quests before you actually start TLW. That's where I'm at. Or is it a case of if you can't finish the intro you're not good enough for Eido sort of how the OMs are supposed to be? I've got a decent DPS and a pretty good survival/tank build, but neirher of them are optimized for QWZ soloing, which seems to require a lot of CC according to Spinnytop and I don't have a lot of experience with that yet. Sorry if it's too off topic.
    rajakaji wrote: »
    A little off topic but can you participate in Eido if you haven't finished the QWZ intro quests?
    As long as you can get into the warzone, you can do Eido.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    You just have to get Hermes Revisited and follow that chain until you get to the QWZ, then you can come an go as you like. Now, knowing the capabilities of the QWZ denizens is handy if you want to participate in the unlock procedures.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • rajakajirajakaji Posts: 69 Arc User
    Thanks. Just figured I should try it at least once while everyone's talking about so I can have a better idea what they're talking about in case there winds up being something useful I can add to the conversation.
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    The OMs should have never been shut off to begin with. People are lazy, and need to learn to carry their own weight. Not to mention the OMs drop a bunch of almost free stuff in being that they're so easy.
    [NbK]XStorm