test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20210105.1 - Misc

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited February 2021 in PTS - The Archive
Winter Event
  • Made a change to the missions to help with crediting issues.

Stores
  • Added search options in the sell tab for stores.
  • Added Supreme Mars Stims to Karneeki. These are visible if you have access to the VIP lounge.

Misc
  • Added Long hairstyle for the female avatar,
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Search Options:

This is quite nice as you can select multiple rarities and filter out stuff. (I didn't have anything for the other rarities on me that I could sell)

a7d8703895d7e7047cf1f04c0bbc1b84.png

Suggestion:

Add a "Sell all" button which is greyed out until a rarity or (rarities) are selected? (Or maybe just add that as a standard option to all stores. We can always buy back if there's a mistake made)
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    A search tab when *not* at the store would be nice too. I spend a fair amount of time hunting my inventory for this or that device.
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Ooh, I like that hairstyle. This might sound weird but I really like how... "undetailed" it is? Like, a lot of newer hairstyles look really good with great textures and modeling... so good that they actually look kind of too good compared to the rest of the character, and means it's really hard to combo with older hairs!

Here's hoping for some curly styles next! Or ones that can be used with hats; there are only like three that work with most headgear, and they're super-thin.
  • spordeliaspordelia Posts: 460 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Ooh, I like that hairstyle. This might sound weird but I really like how... "undetailed" it is? Like, a lot of newer hairstyles look really good with great textures and modeling... so good that they actually look kind of too good compared to the rest of the character, and means it's really hard to combo with older hairs!

Here's hoping for some curly styles next! Or ones that can be used with hats; there are only like three that work with most headgear, and they're super-thin.

Agreed.
    Most of the newer hairstyles have this sort of rough, forced-detailed textures that stand out like a sore thumb (plus w/ some pop-in issues). I vastly prefer the OG styles, much cleaner and visually cohesive, also easier to create color nuances – i.e a reddish brown or strawberry blonde, etc. They are also more “solid” in their proportions and placement, most of the new ones you can spot “bald areas" beneath, like a bad wig that just fell on your toon’s head.

I’ve yet to test it out more thoroughly – but, at a glance? This is the best hairstyle we’ve had in a long, long while. Well done! :+1:
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    If this hairstyle is a default style (doesn't require unlocking) it should have special materials if those materials have been unlocked (in the q or z store). Not currently able to check, and you can't get the z store unlocks on pts, but I think there's some q store hairs?
  • zwipezantherzwipezanther Posts: 109 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Can we also have VIP level hot dogs and Narcola please?

(Not joking...I would so load up on hot dogs.)
    spordelia wrote: »
    Most of the newer hairstyles have this sort of rough, forced-detailed textures that stand out like a sore thumb (plus w/ some pop-in issues). I vastly prefer the OG styles, much cleaner and visually cohesive, also easier to create color nuances – i.e a reddish brown or strawberry blonde, etc. They are also more “solid” in their proportions and placement, most of the new ones you can spot “bald areas" beneath, like a bad wig that just fell on your toon’s head.

I’ve yet to test it out more thoroughly – but, at a glance? This is the best hairstyle we’ve had in a long, long while. Well done! :+1:

On further inspection, the mesh seems too flat and smoothed out, quite simplistic still, same as all the new hairstyles that have been released these past few years.

The OG hairstyles were sculpted with levels/layers and a decent degree of strand detail, which the color channels mostly followed, giving them a lot more depth, dimension, style, and allowing for richer, nuanced coloring.

See what I mean, with OG (Middleparted Medium) X New (Long hairstyle):

PfkznJB.png
    phwTGPW.png

Given the same treatment as the original, this new Long hairstyle could have looked really cool... /feedback
  • littlemissmarshlittlemissmarsh Posts: 12 Arc User

On further inspection, the mesh seems too flat and smoothed out, quite simplistic still, same as all the new hairstyles that have been released these past few years.

The OG hairstyles were sculpted with levels/layers and a decent degree of strand detail, which the color channels mostly followed, giving them a lot more depth, dimension, style, and allowing for richer, nuanced coloring.

PfkznJB.png
    phwTGPW.png

Given the same treatment as the original, this new Long hairstyle could have looked really cool... /feedback

its ported from the male model; and i think it's one of the older hairs. a lot of the male hairs that're base look kinda underwhelming compared to the female ones

call me kat | she/they/nyan | nonbinary / catgirlgender

I cwose my eyes and seize it! UwU
    I cwench my fist and beat it! OwO
    I wight my towch and buwn it! ☆w☆
    I am the beast I wowship! ΦwΦ

• psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 721 Arc User
    A search tab when *not* at the store would be nice too. I spend a fair amount of time hunting my inventory for this or that device.

i would like a way to see what is in each ones inventory and in my bank and base shared bank slots without loading each one. As i have well over 50 characters can get very time consuming to do this with many things like globals and other currency. Would be great to do it from the select screen so as not have to load the whole game to just do some inventory looking and such.

PfkznJB.png
    phwTGPW.png

its ported from the male model; and i think it's one of the older hairs. a lot of the male hairs that're base look kinda underwhelming compared to the female ones

Eh, I know but still… .:(

It’s the closest (Middleparted Medium excluded) and albeit inferior-looking, to the one below - which isn’t in the game for some reason:

CJ9zjc5.png

Coulda been the Medium hairstyle we needed and deserved. Maybe? I've kind of given up on new hairstyles... :weary:
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    Wish they would add a filter in the AH, to filter out unlocked costumes.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    heroshima1 wrote: »
    Wish they would add a filter in the AH, to filter out unlocked costumes.

^^ So much this!
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    how about unlocked powers, i mean something that tells you if it is unlocked on your account. I keep one guy open just so i can check which ones i have travel wise. But for other powers i have to leave a 40 to check them.
    how about unlocked powers, i mean something that tells you if it is unlocked on your account. I keep one guy open just so i can check which ones i have travel wise. But for other powers i have to leave a 40 to check them.

You can find that out using the "All powers" window. Just change the filters and then click on powers to see if you've unlocked them.

You can find that out using the "All powers" window. Just change the filters and then click on powers to see if you've unlocked them.

yes, but it does not work unless your leveling and then only if you have a power slot for the power. what i am saying something like for a costume par with something that you can just look at and day oh i already have that ultimate or power unlock. Other wise you don't know until you are pick a power of the appropriate level
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited January 2021
    Long hairstyle:

Hm.... that hairstyle reminds me of a certain vTuber...
This discussion has been closed.