test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Help with a regenerative "stinging" jellyfish type build

benoitseanbenoitsean Posts: 322 Arc User
I'm trying to create a character that resembles a jellyfish. Jellyfish has an insane amount of regenerative capabilities so I know I really want an insane amount of regeneration. I don't know if I should go with the regeneration passive and add on more regeneration from other abilities or go with the Invulnerability passive and add on the regeneration from other abilities. I was thinking of Invulnerability so that way in Alerts I can survive long enough to regenerate. I know that I want all of the regeneration to be passive.

Also jellyfish can "sting" their enemies so I want to try and recreate that for my attacks. Maybe something from Infernal or Electricity (or both if possible) and maybe the tentacle ability from Darkness (I forgot what it was called). I would be in the hybrid role if that helps (I have too many tanks).

I was also thinking on having Con as the main SS paired with Dex so I can use Adrenaline Rush for the extra healing. This whole concept would be based around regeneration after all.

If anyone can help me with this I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance for all the help.

Comments

• Options
    flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    Regen can still be okay to work w/ as a passive. I assume by being a Hybrid tank that you won't be doing something more serious like taking cosmics w/ it. Regardless, here's an example build w/ Regen, Electricity, and some Infernal/Darkness:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Constitution (Primary)
    Level 10: Endurance (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Chiller (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)
    Level 9: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 12: Accurate (Dex: 5, End: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 21: Boundless Reserves (Con: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Infernal Bolts
    Level 1: Chain Lightning (Superconductor)
    Level 6: Power Source
    Level 8: Regeneration (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Ionic Reverberation
    Level 14: Ball Lightning (Rank 2, Triplicity, Supercharged)
    Level 17: Shadow Embrace (Rank 2, Draining Shadows, Challenge!)
    Level 20: Lightning Arc (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Vile Lariat (Work Up)
    Level 29: Electric Shield (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32:
    Level 35:
    Level 38:
    Adv. Points: 29/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Constitution: Unyielding (1/2)
    Constitution: Fuel My Fire (3/3)
    Constitution: Resilient (2/2)
    Constitution: Adrenaline Rush (2/2)
    Constitution: Armored (2/2)
    Protector: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Protector: Unrelenting (1/2)
    Protector: Bulwark (2/2)
    Protector: Debilitating Challenge (2/2)
    Protector: Resolute (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (3/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (2/3)
    Mastery: Constitution Mastery (1/1)

The open power slots can be w/e ya want.

Ball Lit is important to keep up here- not just to refresh debuffs, but also keep Power Source and Ionic Reverb rolling. For single-targets, you initially use Chain Lit and Ball Lit to put up NI and Superconductor, and then channel LArc while using Ball Lit on cd. AoE can be done w/ Ball Lit and SEmbrace (which I assume is the Darkness ability that you wanted). Vile Lariat was put in cause it seemed like a thematic Infernal power here, but it can also proc an extra self-heal. Gears mostly for Con, w/ some End (for Power Source) and maybe some Rec or Dex.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • Options
    Cool thanks Flow. I added Rebirth, Nanobot Swarm (Rejuvinating Injectors), and Life Essence (Rank 2, Infernal Bond) to the three open slots. I hope that will be alright.
  • Options
    If you are going to take a self-res, I may take something other than Rebirth, to avoid its self-dmg. Also not sure you'll get much mileage from Life Essence as a non-support, but maybe you will depending on how you play.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
  • Options
    Thanks I forgot about the self-dmg. I went ahead and changed Rebirth to Thundering Return. As far as Life Essence I just threw that in there because I didn't know what to put lol
  • Options
    warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Bionic Shield w/ electric advantage. It fits the theme.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • Options
    edited December 2020
    Yeah, Bionic Shielding w/ adv is fine. If you take it, just make sure that if a support/healer has it that you don't clash w/ their stronger version of it.
  • Options
    Thanks warcanch. I didn't even think about the bionic shielding. lol