test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/17/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2020 in Release Notes
Winter Event Week 2
  • New mission: Complete the March of the Toy Soldiers mission 5 times. Grants the Ski Goggles costume.
  • Added Ice Shards Shoulders 2, ice Shards Bracers 2 and Ice Shards Kneepads costumes to the event store.
  • Added perk for collecting the Ski Suit costume parts.
  • The Finkle Foundry alert is active! This alert can drop Winter action figures, Grandfather Winter gear, Teddy and Toy costumes.
  • Fixed an issue where the Costume: Ice Spikes mission was not always getting credit when completing the Misfit Toys mission. This change will cause currently active missions of this to be reset. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Reprint Event
This event is over.

Qliphothic Warzone
  • Returned the requirement that all 3 open missions must be completed to challenge Eidolon. During events like Giant Monster Eidolon can be challenged without this step.
  • Added Siphon Nightmares device as a possible drop from Eidolon. Note: A couple versions of this device dropped prior, but did not have its effects. These devices will be updated with this change.
  • Qliphothic Warzone bosses no longer scale with player count and have been given fixed health.

ZEN Store
Starting Friday and running until December 31st, the Snow Storm Keypack will be available.

Cost: 900 ZEN
  • 10x Keys
  • 1x Ski Suit costume

Questionite
  • Starting Friday and running until December 31st the Trade Paperback store will be available.
  • The Special Delivery vehicle weapon will be available for the duration of the Winter event.

Misc
  • Added Celestial Dragon's Breath fixer item to address any players who have a fixed level version of the device.
​​

Comments

• ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    On the Reprint event, as pointless it was, could you at least keep the vendors for a week? Letting them vanish instantly is not good for people that might not have time to spend them. Since they do not drop anyway now, I not see a harm in it, even better what harm is there keeping them so the buildings are at least a bit looks more lively? GW2 keeps having event vendors, so you can exchange currency at least and store it on your bank better. Gives people a way to look forward to things also.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The daily Misfit Toys mission isn't available anymore. I'm not sure if that's intended for week 2?

Whoops, my daily timer for the mission hadn't reset yet..
    Post edited by spookyspectre on
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    Returned the requirement that all 3 open missions must be completed to challenge Eidolon. During events like Giant Monster Eidolon can be challenged without this step.
    ​​

Interesting change! Guess now people actually have a better reason to look forward to these Cosmic Event weeks when they do happen.

nice profile picture bro
  • stratluverstratluver Posts: 311 Arc User
    On the Reprint event, as pointless it was, could you at least keep the vendors for a week? Letting them vanish instantly is not good for people that might not have time to spend them. Since they do not drop anyway now, I not see a harm in it, even better what harm is there keeping them so the buildings are at least a bit looks more lively? GW2 keeps having event vendors, so you can exchange currency at least and store it on your bank better. Gives people a way to look forward to things also.

I have to agree. I was waiting for the last day to make sure to get all the tokens I could. Lost power then internet due to the winter storm that blew through. Would be nice but I understand.

• maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    is there any chance that Reprint will pop back up next week? I don't see the point in having tokens not disappear until the end of the event if the vendors are already gone for the duration.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,386 Arc User
    What are we supposed to do with these action figures? Drop them?
  • revanantmoriturirevanantmorituri Posts: 391 Arc User
    Bug: The visuals for the Finkle Foundry cutscene do not play, just the audio. Players appear to be frozen during Black Harlequin's monologue.
    -
    Formerly @Seschat pre PWEmerger. @Seschat on the Titan boards.

Supporter of the Titan Project.
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    Added perk for collecting the Ski Suit costume parts.

But where are these ski suit costumes from? I didn't see them in the event shop.
  • It comes with a key pack tomorrow
    ...pretentious humble brag about how I am actually better than everyone and a hero to all. If you don't agree you don't get it *cries*
  • h4forumsh4forums Posts: 268 Arc User
    It comes with a key pack tomorrow

i feel dumb for not reading that part in the zen store part of these very patch notes.
    h4forums wrote: »
    It comes with a key pack tomorrow

I feel dumb for not reading that part in the zen store part of these very patch notes.

To be honest, it is rare they do such separately if it not is a quick fix. So we expect it like normal on Patch day as always and not on a day after. More like a habit than a mistake I guess even if noted down, and we read over it due to that.
  • > @h4forums said:
    > i feel dumb for not reading that part in the zen store part of these very patch notes.

Easily done. Don't fret it dude 🙂
    ...pretentious humble brag about how I am actually better than everyone and a hero to all. If you don't agree you don't get it *cries*
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news/detail/11482153-the-cold-winter-winds-of-justice-blow!

In the news, it shows the rewards for this week and one of the pictures looks like a hood to go with the ski suit:

a0ec90a4b12a9b4d99b60f2b70821d8f1608180113.png

But its not listed in the release notes and not in the store. Is this coming next week then and just got included in the pictures on accident?
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    guyhumual wrote: »

That's what you do all of them.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    flyingfinn wrote: »

like I know you used to be able to sell some toys to the toy master for extra currency, back when they were rewards, but now these action figures are straight up punishment. It's the devs coming over to your house and tipping over your garbage can and saying "That's what you get for playing our game!", action figures aren't a reward, they're tidying up.
  • n8mcdn8mcd Posts: 332 Arc User
    In the future, it would be nice if the reprint vendors remain active in the back of the Recog building until the end of the year, even if the Reprint Event daily mission ends in the first week of the winter event.

Like I know you used to be able to sell some toys to the toy master for extra currency, back when they were rewards, but now these action figures are straight up punishment. It's the devs coming over to your house and tipping over your garbage can and saying "That's what you get for playing our game!", action figures aren't a reward, they're tidying up.

I have seen the Fixer and the Toy Master both having quests for them, even that I am sure I have all, 5 Winter Charm for each quest, unsure if those are repeatable since no "!" appears over them at all like usual. Since they also changed the parts having the mission itself on them also years ago.

Like I know you used to be able to sell some toys to the toy master for extra currency, back when they were rewards, but now these action figures are straight up punishment. It's the devs coming over to your house and tipping over your garbage can and saying "That's what you get for playing our game!", action figures aren't a reward, they're tidying up.

I have seen the Fixer and the Toy Master both having quests for them, even that I am sure I have all, 5 Winter Charm for each quest, unsure if those are repeatable since no "!" appears over them at all like usual. Since they also changed the parts having the mission itself on them also years ago.

I'm not talking about toy parts, those you can craft into action figures for currency, I'm talking about the action figures you get as punishment for doing the March of the Mecha Toy Soldiers

I'm not talking about toy parts, those you can craft into action figures for currency, I'm talking about the action figures you get as punishment for doing the March of the Mecha Toy Soldiers

My bad then, yeah, those are always odd since you can't sell them in the AH also, they should have an option, so you can exchange them for currency as you said. They make odd changes at times and going back in development at times or moving things around, so they are harder to get them before. It is making things harder to grind for the sake of grind, or dumb decisions like no monthly sub option for people anymore, I mean why? You not want money?

Instead, as sad it may sound, but it feels they try to scam us with Questonite and Zen sometimes, the main store currency is basically worthless in a free to play game. While most updates seem just making grind harder for the sake of grind, but open lockboxes with only a mild chance of Drifter Salvage, which also is barely useful now, since most costumes got moved to the Trader pack as example also. Which also was before stuff you dropped for, you know, playing the game? Crafting such till the horrible fusion system came. Instead of being an addition I not see why I needed to replace it and rework stuff that needed rework.

A lot of things turn me of this game, but I still enjoy the customization, but by god, some decisions I seriously question if they are wrong in their head. Because not even EA or Ubisoft would make such a decision and turn back content into such. Such a turn back of things that got established and evolved. On the other hand, the AAA companies and titles also sell us stuff that used to be part of the game of that you could unlock, so I guess they are on the same level as them now.

Anyone remembers when F2P were always questionable and AAA had differences clear as day? Now I not see any difference in most games today anymore. Those CEOs and Manages making such decisions would literally sell their own grandmother for money if they can monetize it in a way, or sell the literal air we breathe.
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited December 2020

those are always odd since you can't sell them in the AH
    Both the Action Figures and the Surprise Holiday Crackers that they're from can be sold in the AH.

"The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Both the Action Figures and the Surprise Holiday Crackers that they're from can be sold in the AH.
    Well, other than the lack of demand.

I've sold nearly a hundred over the past few days, though I did put them up for 10 L each. May seem like no one wants them but clearly, there are people who do. Probably won't go towards the end of the event though.
    - The Overlord
    edited December 2020

I've sold nearly a hundred over the past few days, though I did put them up for 10 L each. May seem like no one wants them but clearly, there are people who do. Probably won't go towards the end of the event though.

selling them for 10 L means you're getting nothing as the AH fee is 10 L, so that's more work than just dropping them.

selling them for 10 L means you're getting nothing as the AH fee is 10 L, so that's more work than just dropping them.

That is simply what I put them up for, you can try to sell them for a profit if you want. Though if you can't and making others happy isn't worth a few minutes of your time, then go ahead and drop them. Just know that the option to do something useful with them is there.
    - The Overlord
    You know what would make me happy? If action figures were stopped being treated as prizes. Either give them a value that we can sell them or just link them to perks. Currently action figures aren't prizes, they punishment.