test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Heals that work with Bountiful Chi Resurgence's Gifts of the Storm

jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
Does anyone know (have a list) of the powers that work with Gifts of the Storm and which ones do not? I know that Resurgence does. I would think that Conviction would? I'm never clear on what the HoTs are for this. E.g. Dependency, Siphoning Strikes, Sentinel Mastery, Sentinel Aura, Seraphim?

I've never made a healer that emphasizes Dependency before and thought I'd give it a try using TK blades as the base and then I got to wondering about GotS. If BCR is a HoT does that mean that its healing is not passed on by GotS? That seems a little counter intuitive.
JwLmWoa.png
Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Siphoning does seem to still work w/ Gifts, but quick testing w/ all of the others in the PH (using pets) is showing me that they don't seem to proc it (using Conviction during Gifts did, as an extra control). Makes some sense that the more passive/DoT heals (including BCR's itself) wouldn't work, considering the adv's tooltip.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,429 Arc User
    Hey! Thanks for checking that. I didn't mean for you to test all those powers ;). Was just hoping someone already knew. Good to know that Siphoning Strikes works. Giving me some food for thought.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Interesting, I want to explore the new GotS advantage too.

I think I will fold this build into a heroine that is based around the concept of an overflowing vital force, a stream of vital energy that comes out of her in the form of water vapour.
    She's an underwater-born hero, travels in a water bubble and fights manipulating water into sharp blade-like weapons.

So she outputs a lot of constant and burst healing... GotS + Conviction crits should be the main focus.

Lifefont - Freeform (Hybrid)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Cybernetic Warrior (Con: 10, Int: 10, Rec: 8, End: 10)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 12: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 15: Covert Ops Training (Str: 3, Dex: 3, Con: 3, Int: 3)
    Level 18: Survival Training (Dex: 3, Con: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
    Level 21: Field Ops Training (Con: 3, Int: 3, Ego: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)

Powers
    Level 1: Ego Blade
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Rank 2, Siphoning Strikes)
    Level 6: Ego Blade Dash
    Level 8: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Mental Discipline
    Level 14: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Resurgent Reiki, Gifts of the Storm)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 29: Nanobot Swarm (Rejuvinating Injectors)
    Level 32: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Telekinetic Maelstrom (Expansive Intellect, Inner Peace)
    Level 38: Thundering Return
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Bubble Flight (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Athletics

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Evasion (1/2)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Quick Reflexes (1/3)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (3/3)
    Sentinel: Rejuvenated (2/3)
    Vindicator: Aggressive Stance (2/2)
    Vindicator: Merciless (3/3)
    Vindicator: Focused Strikes (2/3)
    Vindicator: Mass Destruction (3/3)
    Mastery: Dexterity Mastery (1/1)

Well, this isn't really the build section, but this is what I was playing around with:

Why can't we have an Innate Talent that has Pres, Con and Dex as its 3 main stats? How many are there that give some variation on Str, Dex, Con?

Emir Khan - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Dexterity (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Presence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Hero (Str: 8, Dex: 8, Con: 8, Int: 8, Ego: 8, Pre: 8, Rec: 6, End: 6)
    Level 6: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 9: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 15: Survival Training (Dex: 3, Con: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Lasting Impression (Pre: 5, Rec: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Kinetic Darts
    Level 1: Ego Weaponry (Stressed Out, Siphoning Strikes)
    Level 6: Ego Blade Astonish
    Level 8: Ego Blade Frenzy (Instill Doubt, Mental Block)
    Level 11: Telekinetic Reverberation
    Level 14: Seraphim (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 17: Mental Discipline
    Level 20: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 23: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 26: Mind Drain (Rank 2, Deplete)
    Level 29: Ego Blade Annihilation (Rank 2, Mental Acuity)
    Level 32: Bountiful Chi Resurgence (Gifts of the Storm)
    Level 35: Rise From the Ashes (Spreading Flames)
    Level 38: Fiery Embrace
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Scorching Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Radiant Phoenix Flight (Rank 2)

Specializations
    Dexterity: Combat Training (2/3)
    Dexterity: Gear Utilization (3/3)
    Dexterity: Deadly Aim (3/3)
    Dexterity: Expose Weakness (2/2)
    Sentinel: Eternal Spring (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Arbiter: Enforcer (2/3)
    Arbiter: Ruthless (2/2)
    Arbiter: Rend (2/2)
    Arbiter: Honor (1/2)
    Arbiter: Concussion (3/3)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    JwLmWoa.png
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Hey! Thanks for checking that. I didn't mean for you to test all those powers ;). Was just hoping someone already knew. Good to know that Siphoning Strikes works. Giving me some food for thought.
    Eh, I just put all the effects/powers into one build with some pets and used them all in the battle station vs. mobs that AoE. I never saw a single Gifts proc in the log after repeated engagements using all of the other stuff w/ BCR, but the second I used Conviction or Siphoning w/ injured pets around I'd get a Gifts proc. You could do more extensive testing if you want, but that was enough for me *shrug*

The builds are interesting overall. They do look like they'll take adv of Gifts pretty well, but I dunno how effective that will be in practice. For Superal's build, I prob would pass on using the RR adv on BCR if you're not pairing it w/ something like ranked MD or LR_WotW as the passive, and would prob just get Deadly Aim and Expose Weakness if using Dex PSS.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
    What I am aiming for is something that will be useful smushed into the melee dps mosh pile in most end game content. I.e. keep the other melee types alive, rez them when needed. Hopefully doing high enough dps at dino checks so as not not be a drag. Realized I forgot a block, so out went Mind Drain.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,076 Arc User
    Any comments on Arbiter Mastery?

Since each build is relying on a combo power for siphoning strikes. With this Mastery you already do a bit of GotS-like healing. A 5k health player would do 50 hp to self and 150 hp heal to nearby players when they finish a combo.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    warcanch wrote: »

Since each build is relying on a combo power for siphoning strikes. With this Mastery you already do a bit of GotS-like healing. A 5k health player would do 50 hp to self and 150 hp heal to nearby players when they finish a combo.​​

I have another TK build taking advantage of this... let's just say it's a bit... underwhelming. Your numbers are correct, but that's way worse than Sentinel Mastery. I guess that would work for high-HP/Severity builds that need a stream of healing and have no other relevant Mastery.

Also, thank you Flow, I had hoped that Gear+Specs would provide enough dodge to make RR relevant. Anyway, I do not play much endgame, so effectiveness is relative.

warcanch wrote: »

I have another TK build taking advantage of this... let's just say it's a bit... underwhelming. Your numbers are correct, but that's way worse than Sentinel Mastery. I guess that would work for high-HP/Severity builds that need a stream of healing and have no other relevant Mastery.

This is my impression as well. If it takes, say, 3 seconds to finish a combo and your healer has 10,000 HP (high for a healer) Arbiter Master would only yield 300 HP, or 100 HP/second.

I am sure that Arbiter Mastery will get a buff (or possibly Sentinel Mastery will get a nerf) when the Spec Trees are revamped ca. 2025.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited December 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    I am sure that Arbiter Mastery will get a buff (or possibly Sentinel Mastery will get a nerf) when the Spec Trees are revamped ca. 2025.

I love your optimism ;)

Seriously, basically all Masteries need to be tuned or changed completely. Arbiter I think is very interesting, it adds a healing element that does not depnd on Form, Role, or PRE!
    It just needs to be amped from 1% self / 3% others: we could easily go to 5%/15%.

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    In my experience, gifts of the storm is only useful on big ol' charged heals. The heal on maintains and drains is too tiny to matter for the points it costs. But for psionic healing or vala's light or rebuke, it can give a good boost to nearby friends. Single target is obviously less useful for the purpose, but it can still work.

But yeah, masteries definitely need to be reworked for sure. Hopefully the spec revamp adds some spicy new takes on them.