test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

New gold player - please help.

cinemagjg#4233 cinemagjg Posts: 3 Arc User
edited December 2020 in Champions Online Discussion
I am having a bit of trouble with 2 archetypes - the Rockstar and the Gunslinger. It seems you can only wield the guitar as a weapon if it is equipped on the back, otherwise you have to use a large axe which doesn't fit in with my character. I want to put a cape on my Rockstar, so does that mean I forego the guitar as a useable weapon?

I also want to create a freeform behemoth Gunslinger but using Gunslinger as power 1 and Bullet Hail as power 2. It seems that only the ranged Gunslinger (which is a hybrid) has Bullet Hail and if you go to freeform only the Gunslinger power is available.

Hope you can assist me - thanks.

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Your weapon and back piece do not have to be the same.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    You pick your weapon from a separate tab from the upper body tab in the tailor. Unfortunately, except for the archer's cape, you can not combine capes with weapons on your back. So, you are forced to choose between a guitar on your back, or a cape (assuming you don't use the archer cape).
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    As Gold you mean Lifetime Subscriber or one that bought a Freeform Slot?
    Don't think guitars as Weaposkins are available as default if not LTS, you need to buy them. Not sure, can't check since i'm LTS.
    And yes, Freeform doesn't get same progression of Powers at the beginning like Archetypes get. You get FF Bullethail when you 1st enter the Powerhouse, after doing the Tutorial or skipping it and going straight to Powerhouse (lvl 6). Just undo the second Power you picked and take Bullethail (it's free).
    Ask away if things need more explaining.
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    I am having a bit of trouble with 2 archetypes - the Rockstar and the Gunslinger. It seems you can only wield the guitar as a weapon if it is equipped on the back, otherwise you have to use a large axe which doesn't fit in with my character. I want to put a cape on my Rockstar, so does that mean I forego the guitar as a useable weapon?
    Hello Cinemagjg, welcome to Champions Online, as a new player you might not be familiar with the tailors and thus may not be aware to the extent you can customize your character. As others have pointed out your weapon of choice needn't be the same, if any, on your back. If your character is using an axe that's likely the default heavy weapon. This can be exchanged for any costume piece you own at the tailors.

You needn't worry, you can have a guitar and a cape (provided that you have those costume pieces).
    I also want to create a freeform behemoth Gunslinger but using Gunslinger as power 1 and Bullet Hail as power 2. It seems that only the ranged Gunslinger (which is a hybrid) has Bullet Hail and if you go to freeform only the Gunslinger power is available.

Hope you can assist me - thanks.
    Now here you might need to learn some of the technical terms of the game to avoid confusing people, if by behemoth you mean tank, and by gunslinger you mean munitions than yes! You can absolutely make a really tough gunslinging tank, you could even make a behemoth like freeform character that has bullet hail as a power, but this wouldn't be optimal character design. I suspects that you're not seeing all the power options because many are only available once you reach certain levels, by level 35 almost every power in the game will be unlocked (save for those that you don't own, or are blocked off because another power selection prevents you from taking that power).
    edited December 2020
    You might post you query about a gun-slinger behemoth, or munitions tank, in the builds section. That's the best place to get help on such matters.

Here, for example, is my munitions tank. Moonstruck is a power that you can pick up around Halloween from completing some missions. I use it because it creates a large AoE which can be useful at Cosmics, but you could swap for something else. All the other powers you should have access to already (or will as you level up).

Note that this is a build designed for tanking content (e.g. the Challenge advs). If you just want a "tough" dps that isn't strictly a tank, there are ways to do that too.

Lady Asami of the Silent Moon 2 - Freeform (Any / Multiple)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Ego (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Dexterity (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Gunslinger (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Ego: 8, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Shooter (Dex: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 9: Ascetic (Con: 5, Ego: 5)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Quick Recovery (Con: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 18: Impresario (Dex: 5, Rec: 5)
    Level 21: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Gunslinger
    Level 1: Bullet Hail (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Sharp Shooter
    Level 8: Killer Instinct
    Level 11: Defiance (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Burst Shot (Taking Names)
    Level 17: Conviction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 20: Lead Tempest (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Moonstruck (Lunar Force, Nightmare, Challenge!)
    Level 26: Two-Gun Mojo (Rank 2, Rank 3, Challenge!)
    Level 29: Antagonize (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 32: Resurgence (Rank 2)
    Level 35: Imbue
    Level 38: Pistol Whip
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6: Athletics (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 35: Arcane Flight

Specializations
    Ego: Force of Will (2/2)
    Ego: Insight (3/3)
    Ego: Follow Through (3/3)
    Ego: Sixth Sense (2/3)
    Guardian: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Guardian: Ruthless (2/2)
    Guardian: Find the Mark (2/3)
    Guardian: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Warden: Fortified Gear (3/3)
    Warden: Ruthless (2/2)
    Warden: Elusive (2/2)
    Warden: The Best Defense (3/3)
    Mastery: Ego Mastery (1/1)

Devices
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • Thank you to all who replied - you have been very helpful indeed! Can I ask 1 more question - if I buy a sidekick from the Zen Store, do I keep that sidekick forever no matter how many times I change my character, or do I have to purchase a new sidekick if I change my character?
    I am not clear on what you mean by "no matter how many times I change my character." Does that mean how many times you might change the powers/skills of a single character or how many unique/different characters you create? In any event, sidekicks are bind on equip, so whichever character you equip it on has it forever. Note that there are temporary and permanent sidekicks, so be certain which type you purchase.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Sorry - did not make myself clear! I have a level 11 character. If I buy a permanent sidekick for that character, play a few more levels, then delete my character completely and start over again from level 1, will I lose that sidekick I purchased, and have to buy a new sidekick for a new character? I am hoping that the sidekick is bound permanently to your account, not just your character so you don't have to buy another sidekick every time you want to create a new toon!
  • Deleting character, deletes everything in his inventory.

If things are account bound, put them in your hideout bank. Items will say if they are at the top right corner.

Most devices are not account bound but per character.
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    There are two kinds of sidekicks, one that's limited, the other is permanent, BOTH are bind to character on equip. Once you use them on a character they're going to stay there sadly. Many Vehicles are bind to account so you can swap them around.
    Deleting character, deletes everything in his inventory.

This is very important to keep in mind. You don't want to have some expensive (in terms of real world money) or rare drop (e.g. Depleted Uranium Core) on a character that you plan on deleting because the object will be deleted with the character.
    JwLmWoa.png