test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 12/10/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,087 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2020 in Release Notes
Winter Event
For the next 4 weeks the Winter Event will be running!
  • New Mission: Complete the Misfit Toys mission 5 times. Rewards the Ice Shards Back costume.
  • Lowered Misfit Toy requirement on the Misfit Toys mission.
  • Added Ice Shards Bracers 1, Shoulders 1 and Greaves costumes to the event store.
  • Moved DuckFoot Shotgun to the Nemesis vendor.
  • Moved many costumes in the event store and gift drops to the Trade Paperback store.
  • Moved Emotes and Transformations as possible drops from Holiday Stockings.

Reprint Event
  • For the next week the Reprint event will be running.
  • During this event you can access all event vendors in the Recognition area.
  • There is a daily mission to choose a small amount of event currency.
  • All enemies in game have a chance to drop random event currency.
  • All current event currency expires after the winter event ends, be sure to use up what currency you have!

Alerts
  • For the next week the Qularr Invasion Simulation will be active.

Perks
  • Added new perks for collecting the Steampunk Mecha, Cosmos, Teddy and Ice Shards costumes.
  • Added perks for collecting the High Five emote, Formal Bow emote, Snowball costume transformation and Blizzard costume transformation.

Dev Store
  • Added Sharp Glasses costume.
  • Added Ambassador Kael action figure.

Costumes
  • Added Kevlar Vest 4 costume.
  • Updated Krampus bracers options. If you had these on you will have to re-apply the chains in the tailor.
​​

Comments

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Cool stuff! (Literally)

I assume the Qularr Invasion doesn't reward winter event tokens like with anniversary tokens during anniversary. Though I guess since it's reprint week, it could drop anniversary tokens as well...

Happy to see the new costumes. Hopefully soon next year we'll have an ice rework to use them with! ;)
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    The Ice Shard mini set is very nice
    I love me some Elementalist costumes
    Added perks for collecting the High Five emote, Formal Bow emote, Snowball costume transformation and Blizzard costume transformation.
    I have a BUGGED Feeling about this again...
    Added Sharp Glasses costume.
    Those are some AWESOME over the top glasses and I know REGRET wasting my 5 Dev tokens on Toothy Jaw for the sake of costume collection
    I should have waited some more :disappointed_relieved:
    Added new perks for collecting the Steampunk Mecha, Cosmos, Teddy and Ice Shards costumes.
    BUG: The Teddy Bear perk doesn't unlock anything, just shows Legacy Floater Message and doesn't give the Title
    smUA1WY.png​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    I'm not seeing Kevlar Vest 4 in the tailor, or on any of the usual costume vendors. Is it a drop from something?
  • crazyflip#4138 crazyflip Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    > @hallsofwalls said:
    > I'm not seeing Kevlar Vest 4 in the tailor, or on any of the usual costume vendors. Is it a drop from something?

Yeah, confirmed here too. I checked on female and male characters and it's not found in tailor.

🤔
    ...pretentious humble brag about how I am actually better than everyone and a hero to all. If you don't agree you don't get it *cries*
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Been waiting a very long time for this event. Particularly fuzzy cuffs. Now i need to overhaul everything. 💎💎💎
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • heartstringsk3heartstringsk3 Posts: 153 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Is there a reason you guys removed the Vehicles from the Nightmare event store for this Reprint event? I still have a ton of Elysium coins from the bait-and-switch "Unlock the Unnerved emote for 2000 coins except we'll remove that option next time it comes around in case you were saving up" and now there's... nothing to really spend all the coins on, heh. It's the only event where the vehicles were purposely removed, looks like.
    Post edited by heartstringsk3 on
  • thvarithvari Posts: 1 Arc User
    So when does the announced with this patch sale on freeform character slots go in to effect?
  • maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    I hate this random currency dropping. We really need a way to discard old currency. Just add some worthless item that can be purchased for 1 unit of whatever currency to each vendor. Please.
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,428 Arc User
    maldanaan wrote: »
    I hate this random currency dropping. We really need a way to discard old currency. Just add some worthless item that can be purchased for 1 unit of whatever currency to each vendor. Please.

Your wish has been granted! All old currency unspent at the end of the year is wiped from all your characters! Unless of course you have a CO IRA which allows you to put currency away for retirement ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User

And this is why people can't enjoy things for fun and have to turn a game into a second job for farming. Because as jaazaniah1 said:
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Your wish has been granted! All old currency unspent at the end of the year is wiped from all your characters! Unless of course you have a CO IRA which allows you to put currency away for retirement ;)

What does it hurt you I ask if it is in your currency? It not takes space away. Guess we go back to the very old currencies then as items you had to pick up and can discard.

And people say I complain a lot, people at times, jeez.

The Best solution is able to turn any currency in until tokens or so you can at least sell them as items or so.
  • ericrightshow82ericrightshow82 Posts: 582 Arc User

And this is why people can't enjoy things for fun and have to turn a game into a second job for farming. Because as jaazaniah1 said:
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

What does it hurt you I ask if it is in your currency? It not takes space away. Guess we go back to the very old currencies then as items you had to pick up and can discard.

And people say I complain a lot, people at times, jeez.

The Best solution is able to turn any currency in until tokens or so you can at least sell them as items or so.

Yes, that's why it's been changed. It's now use it or lose it, to ensure that players actually play the events.

• maldanaanmaldanaan Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Didn't realize these extra currencies would disappear at the end of the Winter Event. Not sure how they will be separated from the amounts of those currencies earned during previous events, but as long as this is the case, I guess there isn't an issue. My OCD has kept me working thoroughly to clean up any leftover currencies at the end of each event so it had me freaked out for a bit. But I guess this isn't as big of a deal as I had thought, assuming they will go away.

Thad said, a way of getting rid of leftover currencies would also still be appreciated. 1 for 1 conversion to Until Tokens would also work fine, but I'd even be happy with just a way to outright discard them.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User
    I'm not seeing Kevlar Vest 4 in the tailor, or on any of the usual costume vendors. Is it a drop from something?

It looks like Kevlar Vest 4 made in to live with a patch today. Pretty minor difference between Kevlar Vest 3 and 4 but all new costume pieces are welcome :)
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 632 Arc User

There's already a better option than converting currency to Until tokens. You can buy items under the event vendors' miscellaneous category (mods and catalysts) and sell them.

There's already a better option than converting currency to Until tokens. You can buy items under the event vendors' miscellaneous category (mods and catalysts) and sell them.

But not a item for 1 token, that is the main problem really, minimum is 5. I can actually understand people, it not takes space but it looks cramped in the currency window simply so you want to get rid of it.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Well, the end of year cleanout will solve that.
  • So devs forgot to make a forum post advertising the Winter Costume Contest for tonight so I have to post this here; will somebody send Kael a friggin' Blu-ray of A Christmas Story already? Three years in a row i've worn the Pink Nightmare outfit to a costume contest and he still doesn't get the reference when he sees it. :angry:
  • torduvidetorduvide Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Do the enemies have to be your level or above to drop currency for the Reprint Event or is the drop rate really just so infinitesimally small that it isn't really worth the effort? Is it designed so that the Reprint Event isn't really a last chance sort of thing if you hadn't participated before or if you had emptied your event-specific currency previously and is only really useful to those who have a fair amount still left over? 'cause I've been farming for over an hour now and haven't obtained even one non-winter event currency but it might be that I need to be going after level appropriate enemies.

Edit: So I started farming lizard people and, other than knocking eggs out of them, I've found I knock event currency out of them, too. So that's nice. Though even at 40 and 41 the amount isn't great after about an hour and a half. It's a pity there isn't a single universal currency just for this event. Or, instead of randomized currency it'd be nice if they dropped 999 stackable currency lootboxes that you could choose what you wanted from them. Though the universal currency would probably make more sense.

Honestly, at this point it feels like the Reprint event is more just a way to spend leftover currency from an event. It'd make more sense just to keep the vendors around all year than drag them out at the end and call it an event. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's nice, especially if you were really working for a particular thing and were 100 or so of that currency away, you'd at least get it by the end of the week of this event thanks to the daily.

Though an event currency exchange would be nice, too. Something like 2 of one event currency to convert into 1 of another currency you actually choose. /shrug Just my thoughts on the reprint event.
    Post edited by torduvide on
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    So devs forgot to make a forum post advertising the Winter Costume Contest for tonight so I have to post this here; will somebody send Kael a friggin' Blu-ray of A Christmas Story already? Three years in a row i've worn the Pink Nightmare outfit to a costume contest and he still doesn't get the reference when he sees it. :angry:

I have brought a few characters to a few Dev costume contests. While most players "get" the costume or reference, etc, the Devs spend 1 - 2 seconds in front of my characters and quickly move on.

Mispronouncing names, not getting special references, etc, are all standard faire.​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    @warcanch

You do realize Kael doesn’t judge right? You’ve already been judged before he butchers your name.
    Is there some reason why mods in Snake Gulch vendor are twice as much as other vendors?
    Reprint Event
    • For the next week the Reprint event will be running.
    • During this event you can access all event vendors in the Recognition area.
    • There is a daily mission to choose a small amount of event currency.
    • All enemies in game have a chance to drop random event currency.
    • All current event currency expires after the winter event ends, be sure to use up what currency you have!

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • warcanchwarcanch Posts: 1,075 Arc User
    @warcanch

You do realize Kael doesn’t judge right? You’ve already been judged before he butchers your name.

Yeah, but .. but ... but ... normal-7.gif​​

-=-=-=-=-=-(CO in-game handle: @WarCan )-=-=-=-=-=-
    "Okay, you're DEAD, what do you do NEXT?"
    torduvide wrote: »
    Do the enemies have to be your level or above to drop currency for the Reprint Event or is the drop rate really just so infinitesimally small that it isn't really worth the effort? Is it designed so that the Reprint Event isn't really a last chance sort of thing if you hadn't participated before or if you had emptied your event-specific currency previously and is only really useful to those who have a fair amount still left over? 'cause I've been farming for over an hour now and haven't obtained even one non-winter event currency but it might be that I need to be going after level appropriate enemies.

Edit: So I started farming lizard people and, other than knocking eggs out of them, I've found I knock event currency out of them, too. So that's nice. Though even at 40 and 41 the amount isn't great after about an hour and a half. It's a pity there isn't a single universal currency just for this event. Or, instead of randomized currency it'd be nice if they dropped 999 stackable currency lootboxes that you could choose what you wanted from them. Though the universal currency would probably make more sense.

Honestly, at this point it feels like the Reprint event is more just a way to spend leftover currency from an event. It'd make more sense just to keep the vendors around all year than drag them out at the end and call it an event. I mean, don't get me wrong, it's nice, especially if you were really working for a particular thing and were 100 or so of that currency away, you'd at least get it by the end of the week of this event thanks to the daily.

Though an event currency exchange would be nice, too. Something like 2 of one event currency to convert into 1 of another currency you actually choose. /shrug Just my thoughts on the reprint event.

That "Event" is a failure and advertisement at best to show that they "do something" for us at all, either most people used all tokens due to knowing they vanish at the end of the year anyway and those without any won't get enough for anything worthwhile with those as well. I not see the point of this, rather than this garbage not delete the tokens at the end of the year, people worked for them if they not do the event next year, let them for god’s sake, people not need to do every holiday event and need breaks.

Rather focus on make big events scale better so it not breaks, is beatable with how many participate and not need to many in the first place so instances crash on top. You won't get more money if people keep tokens, because no one sane would open lockboxes for drifter salvages only to exchange them for holiday tokens for god's sake.
    At least if you still need mods from any of the vendors you can pick them up at the rate of 20 free currency/day, which is 4 mods, except for the Snake Gulch vendor.
    torduvide wrote: »
    JwLmWoa.png
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,028 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    For everyone who wants to watch the Twitch steam, its on Facebook
    Unfortunately they only upload Seasonal DEV CC videos there, so out of Festivities contents like "Edgy OC" is gone now from Twitch VOD
    https://www.facebook.com/ChampionsOnlineGame/videos/507722410203869/
    warcanch wrote: »
    Mispronouncing names, not getting special references, etc, are all standard faire.
    Welcome to the "Kael completely Butchered my character's name" Club, Population: RISING

268.gif​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • wizeman#6286 wizeman Posts: 64 Arc User
    I myself am grateful for the selectable event currency daily, as I was a bit short for stuff on multiple characters. Even if you have no remaining currency saved, doing the daily will at least give you enough for an aura or Foxbatcon device. The dropped currency, however, may as well not exist with how little it is.
    "The good... they do not know how close to evil they really are..."
    - The Overlord
  • guyhumualguyhumual Posts: 2,391 Arc User
    So a couple of questions:
    1) why would you make the Krampus chains default off if you're adding the option to remove them? I had to spend over 4G just fixing that change to one of my characters. I like having the option to remove the chains but why do I have to pay for changes YOU made to my character?

2) How are we supposed to generate currency in this first week? I've been doing the daily mission every day and am still under the 300 needed to get the new costume parts.
    guyhumual wrote: »
    2) How are we supposed to generate currency in this first week? I've been doing the daily mission every day and am still under the 300 needed to get the new costume parts.

Well, pretty obviously they don't want you to earn everything you need in the intro week to buy everything you want. Whether you like their decision is another matter entirely.

Given the small number of new costume pieces in the store now and likely to be added, and the fact that we don't have Clarence and BH yet, I'm pretty sure that I'll have all my shopping done by Christmas (only 5 things I want atm).
    JwLmWoa.png