test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What ever happened to the classic heroes?

2»

Comments

• catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    Ok....If you remove the comments that took the conversation off topic, and look at what I asked, the kind of discussion I'd hoped for and then look at the results; I didn't understand why everything had become so dark and depressing, why is that selling in comics, in the movies and especially in this game? What is so attractive about ugly and evil and ghoulish? Doing the most horrible things to accomplish ones goals. (Arrow series/Magic powers in game) The answer I got I didn't like but I think was a good answer. A few towards the beginning I think tried to give a quick explanation but it didn't click yet (patience people), but since it would be impossible to understand unless you actually confronted those people with the question instead of just making an assumption, I would not be able to understand why people like it. I couldn't grasp the way they see things and it's obvious they could not understand where I was coming from because of a cultural gap I never explored. It never came up before!

The basics of good and evil have always been written in stone, no pun intended, but once those basics are no longer taught, the peace and balance is removed and the storys make me at least unsure of who to even root for if the one who is supposed to be good is acting like the villain, and some storys start to lean the audience towards even vilifying the hero and making the villain the good guy. Things have changed enough that it spills into RL, and that is where the personalities clash.

Each character now targets a specific personality type the companys cater too. I hate that they are doing that, I feel its a bad influence...but not everyone does because they grew up under those ways. While Captain America in the movies and Defender in the game, powers that heal other players (which is rumored to be nerfed soon...go figure lol) are targeted towards people like me, the ones who make demons and monsters and use powers that cause enemys to suffer appeals to a growing number of players. Someone also mentioned about good being a point of view, and couldnt help but think back to Palpatine using that "grey area" to bait Anakin to the darkside.

But, thats what info I got from the discussion. As I said, my questions where answered and I got to share my thoughts and hear from a couple others sharing theirs so I was pleased with that. That video clip describing each Avenger personality would have been great had I been able to share it early on but it is what it is.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    lol, this dumb cat is still trying to push their special "morality" on the forums under the guise of a "discussion" where they tell participants they are wrong and play the victim card.

5 stars: Will watch the whole series until it's eventual cancellation.

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    edited December 2020
    lol, this dumb cat is still trying to push their special "morality" on the forums under the guise of a "discussion" where they tell participants they are wrong and play the victim card.

5 stars: Will watch the whole series until it's eventual cancellation.

I'm pretty sure if I where to address anyone of you as dumb or try and intentionally derail a thread with almost a call to arms to do so, like some of you guys have been doing, I would have been banned already. But I don't feel the need to do that, I'm not like that, I can be honest about what's on my mind without a spiteful need to destroy someone. You have nothing on topic to add obviously, so why try and create an incident using trolling mockery? The reason I have used the word projection to describe your guys M.O., is you often quote the rules in an attempt to say "ah-hah ah-hah, you have broken them!", since what I've said doesn't suit you, yet you seem justified to break them at your leisure using a hypocritical double standard. Perhaps you should just stop, and let it go before you say something you will regret.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User

catstarsto wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if I where to address anyone of you as dumb or try and intentionally derail a thread with almost a call to arms to do so, like some of you guys have been doing, I would have been banned already. But I don't feel the need to do that, I'm not like that, I can be honest about what's on my mind without a spiteful need to destroy someone. Perhaps you should just stop, and let it go before you say something you will regret.

lol, you were banned from STO forums for going too far and harassed an LGBTGIA+ person on different media platforms.

Superior moral standards+playing the victim are not a great look for you

zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • crazyflip#4138 crazyflip Posts: 98 Arc User
    edited December 2020
    👆
    ...pretentious humble brag about how I am actually better than everyone and a hero to all. If you don't agree you don't get it *cries*
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    👆
  • 👆
    edited December 2020

catstarsto wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure if I where to address anyone of you as dumb or try and intentionally derail a thread with almost a call to arms to do so, like some of you guys have been doing, I would have been banned already. But I don't feel the need to do that, I'm not like that, I can be honest about what's on my mind without a spiteful need to destroy someone. Perhaps you should just stop, and let it go before you say something you will regret.

lol, you were banned from STO forums for going too far and harassed an LGBTGIA+ person on different media platforms.

Superior moral standards+playing the victim are not a great look for you

You could not find anything legitimate to argue, so you had to make something up? And As I said before, the introduction and use of gender politics on a thread is what is always used when someone wants to make a personal attack against someone. You are really crossing the line, and you will only have yourself to blame for what you are doing.

The real reason for the unfortunate decree was stated on the Orion thread, and had nothing to do with your account of the matter, rather it was the opposite, there where even social media harassing's for over a year and contests by a certain guild held in honor of insulting and harassing me. Claiming to be friends with the one who invoked the deed, bragging about how they had a hand in it...I still have one of the in game mails they sent me, many where sent to a GM. I was even told by someone they made a mock social media account of me by someone who asked if it was really me, I never have and never will make a twitter account, I had my fill on Google+...thats how far they where willing to go to cyberbully. How much further will you guys go? You berate me for having morals, then offer an example of how people act without them, you aren't making a solid case for your position. Rather hoping to use devious means to try and attack someone personally without any self control. You guys should stop for your own good.
    Post edited by catstarsto on

This discussion has been closed.