test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

33% off Lifetime Subscription vs Monthly Subscription

In the body of the news for the discounted lifetime subscription it says, "Lifetime players also get a monthly stipend of 500 ZEN, half the price of the monthly subscription."

It's my understanding that monthly subscriptions are no longer offered - is this an error, or am I misreading it somehow?

Comments

• themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    The option to get a monthly sub went bye bye a long time ago. The only way to still have one is if you kept it going + used PayPal to pay for it as changing debit/credit card info means you lose the monthly sub.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    So, basically a sloppy copy-paste job that no one proofread for accuracy before posting. It happens a fair amount.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • sapphiechusapphiechu Posts: 259 Arc User
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    So, basically a sloppy copy-paste job that no one proofread for accuracy before posting. It happens a fair amount.

I think Ambassador Kael is still suffering from shock after having their new costume designed by the community. That or he headbutts the keyboard (quite possibly in frustration).
    3856039c53d222b47efa23bc56b3c976ccefd059.jpg
    I wonder what the the costume looks like. Was it ever posted anywhere?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • kojirohellfirekojirohellfire Posts: 2,075 Arc User
    Personally I'm pleased by buying a lifetime a while back (I had a lot of disposable income at the time). I was able to accumulate Zen like crazy over the years, so now I just sit on it like a Zen dragon or something.
  • diggotdiggot Posts: 309 Arc User
    Considering that CO has been ran on a skeleton dev-crew for years, tons of bugs that remains,
    and a broken craftingsystem. I'd say that 250$ for LTS is way overpriced.
    Just this event, a new bug came which disabled me from editing the costume on one of my chars,
    and there's no telling when it's getting fixed because it might not be deemed a priority.

There's also the fact that when you pay those 250$, you sign the EULA stating that even if the devs
    pulls the plug a week after you paid... you don't get your 250$ back.
    And yet, the LTS is probably the best money I've ever spent entertainment wise. By now, for me, I'm sure I've paid fractions of a cent per hour played.
    JwLmWoa.png
    There's nothing saying that if a player spends 250$ (used to be 300$) on an LTS,
    that the people in charge won't close the servers after 1 month, essentially leaving
    the person who paid 250$ for 1 month of gameplay.
    Yep, that's why I said that it was the best money I had spent. Other people may well have different results.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • regenerderegenerde Posts: 401 Arc User
    Well, was thinking about getting back into CO, and therefore wondering when the next LTS sale will be...
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
    In the past there has been one around Christmas/New Years.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I bought my LTS about 6-7 years ago and was a little worried about the regular doom saying that CO could shutdown at any moment. Back then, there was much less development compared to now. The content and quality has increased with too long of a list for me to post. I feel CO has a lot of life left and am more optimistic about it's future now than I was back then. I'm really glad I jumped on the LTS train :)
    edited October 2020
    Considering the pace in which issues that are years old, are getting fixed, or not fixed,
    the price of LTS should go way down. We still have AT's that hasn't been rewamped for 10+ years,
    we have 3 professions that hasn't been sorted out for about 10 years as well.

I've had this conversation many times with people on discord and everyone is of the
    same opinion, that LTS is overpriced and should go down to 100$ at most, even 50$ would
    be a reasonable price considering the state of the game and the pace of development.

You have dungeons which requires PRECISE execution, yet delivers no real rewards in terms of items,
    and you have Hotspots with was nerfed a few years back to the point where NO ONE runs them anymore.
    And at the same time as Hotspots was nerfed, Heroic gear was increased in cost.

The rampage alerts has always had an abyssmal droprate of their currency and
    that hasn't been sorted out either. Some players has run them for months and
    not seen a currency drop.

Basically the whole game is about character creation and costume designs,
    and they want 250$ for that.
    Umm, that's not how I play it.
    diggot wrote: »
    Basically the whole game is about character creation and costume designs, and they want 250$ for that.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited November 2020
    Well, i was hoping for a Halloween sale, but there wasn't one... STO is currently having another LTS sale, so it would be nice if there would be one for CO too, but i guess that's not going to happen either. :/
    Post edited by regenerde on
    Want to know why?
  • abaddon#5073 abaddon Posts: 12 Arc User
    i would happily pay a Year Subscription at $100...
    Well, Black Friday sales starting all around except here...
    Want to know why?
  • wolfgamerwolfgamer Posts: 2 Arc User
    Can we get the monthly subscription option back? I don't have $300 dollars to pay for a lifetime Sub, specially one this old that could end up shutting down servers anytime.
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    lol, zero chance.
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    Better just to get a free alt, farm Q, sell it for Zen and buy a FF slot if you just want a FF or two because you are worried about it shutting down.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    I just bought 10 character slots, all freeform, for, essentially, $1.60. Why? LTS (with 32 characters on it) + $20 for 2000 + 400 free/bonus + 20% discount (560 for 10 slots).

I think it's time for folks to start reconsidering the whole "LTS isn't worth the price" thing.

That's not even counting the 6 year break I took, which meant I came back to 40k free Zen.

I get that for many, it's a lot of money in one shot, especially now that times are tough, but not being able to afford is not the same thing as value for money.

That said, I do agree that $300 is high, $200 is much more reasonable, and IMO, Cryptic should knock it down to $175 for a holiday sale or something.
    edited November 2020
    Well, Cyber Monday is more or less over in a few hours, and still no sale... or at least some official feedback about when we might see one around here. Is it just me, or were the sales they were actually having a bit on the weak side of sales? And what the heck was that "Questionite Travel Powers" sale?

Anyway, spend the money i was holding back for the CO LTS on other games - their loss. B)
    Want to know why?
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    regenerde wrote: »
    Well, Cyber Monday is more or less over in a few hours, and still no sale... or at least some official feedback about when we might see one around here. Is it just me, or were the sales they were actually having a bit on the weak side of sales? And what the heck was that "Questionite Travel Powers" sale?

Anyway, spend the money i was holding back for the CO LTS on other games - their loss. B)

Agreed, that "sale" was a joke, sadly like most games go, sales and anniversaries not there to be cheap or celebrate but to sell more instead, tho with such methods they not sell anything anymore, and i hate this game due, it already gets barely attention, unlike there gold childs NWO and STO.
    edited January 2021
    regenerde wrote: »

Agreed, that "sale" was a joke, sadly like most games go, sales and anniversaries not there to be cheap or celebrate but to sell more instead, tho with such methods they not sell anything anymore, and i hate this game due, it already gets barely attention, unlike there gold childs NWO and STO.

Well, NWO and STO are still getting some of their attention, but it feels like the most resources are being relocated towards their new MTG MMO... anyway, no LTS sale around Christmas or New Year this time either.
    Want to know why?
    edited February 2021
    ... still waiting for an answer.
    Want to know why?
    You have to ask on Discord if you want an answer from Devs.
    JwLmWoa.png
    edited February 2021
    Well, i tried Twitter several times, someone else got an answer regarding LTS, but i never got anything. And nothing from a thread on Reddit or asking around on Discord either.
    Want to know why?
    edited February 2021
    Well, i'm still waiting for the next sale, or at least some official word on when the next one will be... and if this is not the right place to be asking, then where is it?

As mentioned above, i tried Discrod, Reddit and Twitter - but nothing...

I'm even checking
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/game-pack/detail/2065-champions-online:-lifetime-subscription
    daily, to ensure i won't miss out on a "Flash sale" or something like that.
    Want to know why?
  • They don't announce sales until they happen.
    ...pretentious humble brag about how I am actually better than everyone and a hero to all. If you don't agree you don't get it *cries*
    Yes, they don't announce sales in advance 0f anything!). They want to see if they can get some people to pay full price still. If you want to spend a few minutes you can scan back over the News section (https://www.arcgames.com/en/games/champions-online/news) to see when they have tended to have them in the past.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • @regenerde there's a LTS sale on atm, until 22nd
    ...pretentious humble brag about how I am actually better than everyone and a hero to all. If you don't agree you don't get it *cries*
    edited February 2021
    @regenerde there's a LTS sale on atm, until 22nd

Yep, bought it today, have to update the game now, and then starts the cleaning up for bank/inventory and getting my characters into shape, haven't played CO in a long time...
    Want to know why?
  • Welcome to LTS =)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Best entertainment dollar value for me ever was buying LTS. If one plays a good amount it pays for itself. I like that CO now pays me to play.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • Yup, buying LTS in Champs was one of the best entertainment investments I ever made
  • piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Best entertainment dollar value for me ever was buying LTS. If one plays a good amount it pays for itself. I like that CO now pays me to play.

Sooooooooooo much yes....
    (although I did just charge some Zen a couple months back >.>)
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User

Sooooooooooo much yes....
    (although I did just charge some Zen a couple months back >.>)

Same. Best entertainment purchase, cost vs return, I ever made :)