test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Help with a holy priest type build

benoitseanbenoitsean Posts: 322 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Builds and Roles
I want to create a priest. A man of the cloth that banishes evil. I was thinking of a Support/DPS and I would probably play in hybrid role. I know that I want Ritual of Radiant Summoning (guardian angel) added somewhere in the build and I want to be pretty survivable since I will be doing a lot of Alerts and maybe some end game stuff. But other then that I don't know what else to put in the build. Any help would be very appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    The Hybrid role would weaken your healing and any support passive's aura compared to the Support role, so I may not do that (at least, not for group content; you could go into Hybrid when doing solo stuff, though). I guess you could just make it an AoPM build if you wanted to be somewhat versatile, and then you can provide an aura that everyone likes in Alerts. Here's an example of that, which hopefully satisfies your theme enough:

(Unnamed Build) - Freeform (Support)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Constitution (Secondary)
    Level 15: Intelligence (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Witch (Con: 10, Int: 8, Pre: 10, Rec: 10)
    Level 6: Diplomatic (Int: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 9: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 12: Coordinated (Dex: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 15: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 18: Healthy Mind (Con: 5, Int: 5)
    Level 21: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
    Level 1: Rebuke (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 6: Compassion
    Level 8: Aura of Primal Majesty (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 11: Condemn (Rank 2, Redemption Denied)
    Level 14: Conviction (Rank 2, Reverence)
    Level 17: Molecular Self-Assembly
    Level 20: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide)
    Level 23: Vala's Light (Rank 2, Light Everlasting)
    Level 26: Ascension (Judgment)
    Level 29: Redemption (Rank 2, Salvation)
    Level 32: Ritual of Radiant Summoning (Unbound Ritual)
    Level 35: Eldritch Shield (Rank 2)
    Level 38: Rebirth
    Adv. Points: 32/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Repurpose (3/3)
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (2/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (1/2)
    Presence: Vulnerability (2/2)
    Sentinel: Caregiver (3/3)
    Sentinel: Sentinel Aura (3/3)
    Sentinel: Moment of Need (2/3)
    Sentinel: Wither (2/2)
    Overseer: Administer (3/3)
    Overseer: Ruthless (2/2)
    Overseer: Impact (2/2)
    Overseer: Trapped (3/3)
    Mastery: Sentinel Mastery (1/1)

Rebuke can be your long-range single-target heal and nuke, while charges of Condemn can be your main nuke when closer up, and it can also AoE CC and apply a bunch of spec-related debuffs for you and your team. The Wisp can help buff/debuff and boost Condemn's dmg, and its Guide adv works well w/ Ascension's adv. Vala's Light can be your main AoE heal, and Conviction is an easy and strong self-heal here. Gears mostly for Pres, w/ some Con.
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • benoitseanbenoitsean Posts: 322 Arc User
    Thanks Flow. One question. Does this build have decent DPS? I want to be able to give off good damage as well as support.
  • benoitseanbenoitsean Posts: 322 Arc User
    Actually I had an idea. What about creating a God. A character who is Omnipotent (All Powerful), Omniscient (All Knowing), and Omnipresent (Everywhere). Making him the most powerful being in the universe. His power would be unlimited, incalculable and immeasurable, he cannot be damaged in any way and he has control over all forms of energy. Would that even be possible to create a build like that in CO?
  • flowcytoflowcyto Posts: 12,742 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    benoitsean wrote: »
    Thanks Flow. One question. Does this build have decent DPS? I want to be able to give off good damage as well as support.
    Supports in general won't have high dps, unless perhaps they use AoED and a pet build, but that also diminishes their ability to support, w/ all the power slots & advs that are going to pets (and pets aren't great in high-end content). That said- for a Support, my build's dps should be fine, since AoPM boosts all your stats, and you provide many spec-related debuffs that boost your damage and your team's damage. Also, as I mentioned before, you can always swap to the Hybrid role when soloing for the personal dps boost.
    Actually I had an idea. What about creating a God. A character who is Omnipotent (All Powerful), Omniscient (All Knowing), and Omnipresent (Everywhere). Making him the most powerful being in the universe. His power would be unlimited, incalculable and immeasurable, he cannot be damaged in any way and he has control over all forms of energy. Would that even be possible to create a build like that in CO?
    Um, not really, lol. This is an online multiplayer game w/ balance concerns and some content that's designed to challenge groups of players, not a single-player game that you can just cheat and break. If you want to feel relatively powerful, though, you can always just smush trash mobs in easy solo content (where practically any coherent build can be good).
    <CO stuff> .: Petco :. // A basic FF building guide (see 1st reply) // PSA on Power Activation Delay // Ayonachan's Gift Horse (misc stat data)
    - Be safe and have fun, champs - for science!
  • bulgarexbulgarex Posts: 2,310 Arc User
    TBH an omnipotent god sounds like a pretty boring character to play. Impossible to threaten, no challenges to overcome, never in danger, no risk of losing. More appropriate as a plot device than a PC. ;)
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,430 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Kind of why DC eventually had to tone Superman way down. Nothing could really challenge him (except, of course, for Lois Lane trying to reveal his identity).

I remember, years ago, a story arc where he was trapped so that he could only go forward through time (remember when he could time travel on his own?). The last thing he did was discover that in the far, far future the earth was dead. So, he cut it in half so that the mineral resources of the core would then be nearer the surface. Iirc he brought in an atmosphere from some other planet by inhaling it and flying it to earth. Then he brought all kinds of compatible plants and animals to restock the new earth, and finally found 2 hominids to restart the human population. Can't get much closer to God than that!

Now, if you want to be God in the game, you just have to get hired as a Dev ;)
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    A support/dps seems to be suited for a AoED build.

Main attack rotation is WoW -> Soul Beam for single target and WoW -> Skarn's Bane for AoE.
    Heal with Iniquity and hela also a bit running around casting CoRG (bonus self res).
    If you want more debuffs pick Chas Magic adv on Skarn's.

To make it more divine just color everything golden yellow.

Priest - Freeform (Support)
    v3.44:36

Super Stats
    Level 6: Presence (Primary)
    Level 10: Dexterity (Secondary)
    Level 15: Constitution (Secondary)

Talents
    Level 1: The Samurai (Dex: 10, Con: 10, Rec: 10, End: 8)
    Level 6: Survival Training (Dex: 3, Con: 3, Pre: 3, Rec: 2, End: 2)
    Level 9: Sniper Training (Dex: 3, Ego: 3, Pre: 3, End: 3)
    Level 12: Acrobat (Dex: 5, Con: 5)
    Level 15: Finesse (Dex: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 18: Shrug It Off (Con: 5, Pre: 5)
    Level 21: Amazing Stamina (Rec: 5, End: 5)

Powers
    Level 1: Eldritch Bolts
    Level 1: Eldritch Blast (Rank 2, Bad Luck)
    Level 6: Aura of Ebon Destruction (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 8: Ritual of Radiant Summoning (Rank 2, Unbound Ritual)
    Level 11: Skarn's Bane (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 14: Will-o'-the-Wisp (Guide, Ghost Fire)
    Level 17: Shadow Manifestation
    Level 20: Soul Beam (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 23: Circle of Radiant Glory (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 26: Iniquity (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 29: Redemption
    Level 32: Resurgence
    Level 35: Crashing Incantation (Rank 2, Rank 3)
    Level 38: Eldritch Shield
    Adv. Points: 36/36

Travel Powers
    Level 6:
    Level 35:

Specializations
    Presence: Selfless Ally (2/2)
    Presence: Grandeur (3/3)
    Presence: Moment of Glory (3/3)
    Presence: Force of Will (2/2)
    Avenger: Ruthless (2/2)
    Avenger: Anguish (2/2)