test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

'Nuff said.

flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
edited November 2020 in Champions Online Discussion
Overseer Flight - 6 million Questionite.
SourWeightyAmericankestrel-max-1mb.gif

CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
And playing by myself since Aug 2009
Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    So thankful
  • speanozspeanoz Posts: 238 Arc User
    Approximately how much Zen does that equate to? Do I even want to know....?
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,021 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Dunno... Around 150 Bucks or less? Someone who is good at maths please compute with the Current Buy Q with Zen prices

Jesus christ... just... buy a Travel power foil vouncher and get Arcane Flight from the old lockbox store :astonished: it's way cheaper than this and you get nice aura visuals
    Do people REALLY Hate Arcane Flight's aura visuals so much that they would buy this!? Does the aura kills your THEME so bad you have to fly in T-POSE without visuals!?

6 Million Q is NOT WORTH IT for a single travel power which is a clone of an existing TP but WITHOUT the visuals!
    If this was a PACK with various goodies and NEW powers ok, but it's literally a NAKED TRAVEL POWER

Anyway, beside this idiotic cash grab at least the Discount on everything on Z-store is good :grimace:

My opinion for the removed pre alert crafted Travel Powers as Limited time Q TPs is still the same as last year, Disgusting​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    speanoz wrote: »
    Approximately how much Zen does that equate to? Do I even want to know....?

de9ew53-56dd0422-3ca1-4131-b013-65cf04259afa.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOiIsImlzcyI6InVybjphcHA6Iiwib2JqIjpbW3sicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvMWIzZTI4NmYtYTJkZS00MzNiLTlkOGItY2UyMWJjZjVhMzVhXC9kZTlldzUzLTU2ZGQwNDIyLTNjYTEtNDEzMS1iMDEzLTY1Y2YwNDI1OWFmYS5wbmcifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6ZmlsZS5kb3dubG9hZCJdfQ.scic81XoKMNy2KAk56ghIRx6UOcPJ40FJLSIIEnov8o

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • aaronkorraaronkorr Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Pretty sure whoever had this bright idea doesn't have the slightest clue how much that even is.

Have to wonder if there's even enough listed to buy enough questionite for any of them.
    avianos wrote: »
    Dunno... Around 150 Bucks or less? Someone who is good at maths please compute with the Current Buy Q with Zen prices

Jesus christ... just... buy a Travel power foil vouncher and get Arcane Flight from the old lockbox store :astonished: it's way cheaper than this and you get nice aura visuals
    Do people REALLY Hate Arcane Flight's aura visuals so much that they would buy this!? Does the aura kills your THEME so bad you have to fly in T-POSE without visuals!?

6 Million Q is NOT WORTH IT for a single travel power which is a clone of an existing TP but WITHOUT the visuals!
    If this was a PACK with various goodies and NEW powers ok, but it's literally a NAKED TRAVEL POWER

Anyway, beside this idiotic cash grab at least the Discount on everything on Z-store is good :grimace:​​

Maybe its a joke? Or to see who would actually buy it? If you remember in player market you often see a minor item worth less than 1G sold for near max amount you can sell for.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • mutantmaidsmutantmaids Posts: 118 Arc User
    lol it's almost like they learned literally nothing from the blowup the last time this exact same travel power cash grab attempt was put up for the exact same prices a year or so ago

absolutely baffling
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    This is a Kais thing for sure because the Q market was empty so they have been doing everything they can to have people put zen back into the exchange.
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I just copy my quote from the Travel Power Post itself for my thoughts i have on this already.
    2 Million and 6 Million Questonite for this, yeah, nice sale, it sure not screams "buy our Zen to exchange like mad to get those limited items that used to be in game normally" Items and powers you removed on purpose i might add.

I like this game and would like see it grow and get attention again, but it feels like they want to break it even more and milk it aslong it goes and milk the money out of it extremely so they not have ot bother with this game anymore longer.

You sell the solution for a problem you created yourself, typical company stuff i guess. I not mind new questonite stuff in the store so you can do something more with Questonite then just trying to squeeze Zen out of it, but such? That is low again.

I also wanna add that it is always funny how so called sales or celebrations try to sell you overprized stuff like this. Just by saying it is a special sale, playing with your mind, typical psychological tricks from companies making things sound more important as they are. Just write EA infront of the game already if you relay on such methods by now.
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    I just took it as joke... and promptly disconnected and went to play something else.

• mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Champions Online Developers: A lot of the Fun things you loved have been removed from this game, like your vehicles and Powers being nerfed and making Stuff harder at the same time! With little to no Profit gain from it, but Would you Still be nice enough spend some money so you can exchange it to Have these items that are going to Cost you 2G's to 515G's+ to put on Each of your characters pretty please? :cry:

Me and the majority of Champions Online Players:
    giphy.gif

You know At first, you would think this is a typo for having something this much, then realizing the main source confirmed this makes you wonder if they have a developer with a, God Complex... Wouldn't surprise me. :smirk:

@ansemthedark

The saddest thing about that is NONE of those Travel power is Worth that much Questionite just Reskins with effects, and they already have shot Themes in the rear within this game so why would someone care about what Travel Power gives out an aura? Even if a person was to have this much Questionite No way in Hell anyone would spend that much on something like that, At this point, I can't help but see them going for an Idiotical level of EA shenanigans now.
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Cannot believe these exists.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    I haven't played CO in like almost a year and I could buy that easily. Ya'll slackin' u3u
    spinnytop wrote: »
    I haven't played CO in like almost a year and I could buy that easily. Ya'll slackin' u3u

well, be sure to buy it then cause I'm sure not wasting my million on it. :/
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2020

Prove it.
    The buying part.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
    edited November 2020
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Prove it.
    The buying part.

If he helps fund a bailout instead of letting them feel the financial sting of the bad decisions, nothing will get fixed.
    https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5eb56442e141140006a7adbc%2F0x0.jpg
    They will keep going if they know they can get away with it.

edited November 2020
    catstarsto wrote: »
    flyingfinn wrote: »

Prove it.
    The buying part.

If he helps fund a bailout instead of letting them feel the financial sting of the bad decisions, nothing will get fixed.
    https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F5eb56442e141140006a7adbc%2F0x0.jpg
    They will keep going if they know they can get away with it.

Well, not everyday Foxi says something Completely foolish, meanwhile, he has the game uninstalled... I would wonder why? <:/

I'm pretty sure he means he can get this with ingame, without the Use of Zen, One would hope anyway...
  • vikki#2740 vikki Posts: 8 Arc User
    lol it's almost like they learned literally nothing from the blowup the last time this exact same travel power cash grab attempt was put up for the exact same prices a year or so ago
    Even if a person was to have this much Questionite No way in Hell anyone would spend that much on something like that,

What do you guys mean, noone would? Look at the Z/Q exchange, all the Q is gone cos people are buying it for these powers.
    I would absolutely buy that myself - I prefer the no-FX version much better than having some colorful FX you can't remove just cos you fly.
    But after spending the day pooling my resources together, turns out I don't even have 1 mil yet xD
    Guess I'll be saving until the next time they put this up, I'm sure I'll have the 6 mil Q by then.

And I support the concept of "these same old flight powers in different poses, but no FX" absolutely, too.
    The Z store still has 2 flights with alternative poses but ugly FX on them. Called "Heroic pack" or something.
    One has you do the "hands on hips" pose, while another has you flying fist first.
    Include that on this event too pls!
    Super Justice Warrior!!!
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/KtKo9dd.jpg[/img]
    vikki#2740 wrote: »

What do you guys mean, noone would? Look at the Z/Q exchange, all the Q is gone cos people are buying it for these powers.

for all we might know it could be people buying up the other TP's on the Qnite store so they don't have to be a victim of F.O.M.O, again, since some of these items were once Qnite Items. [ Another thing to add is there are also Questionite Crates... why are these not fresh out too? ]

And also if that case is true I wouldn't be surprised, since there are again FOMO, but I don't think the number is high on that, But when I think about it now it could come from people who have LTS.
    I would absolutely buy that myself - I prefer the no-FX version much better than having some colorful FX you can't remove just cos you fly. But after spending the day pooling my resources together, turns out I don't even have 1 mil yet xD
    Guess I'll be saving until the next time they put this up, I'm sure I'll have the 6 mil Q by then.

get this, you need RL Money, that the only easy pure way of getting it. that's a total of 150$ U.S dollars give or take. that half of LTS at a full price, for just one Travel Power, And or Playing the game and farming Qnites 12hours a day, But last I check not many people do this... :/

Soo good luck with that.

And I support the concept of "these same old flight powers in different poses, but no FX" absolutely, too.

The problem is they not doing that, and the Travel Power in question cost half of LTS at full price, you sure you want to support that kind of idea? when this may happen again with another power that would be in a case like an Attack power, Wouldn't that be a case of Pay to win or pay to be Powerful?

And AGAIN these are items that were once part of the Qnite store. now being up for grabs for a limited time for 50$ U.S dollars +/- and you support this? okay then...

To me, it seems like a lot of people give these devs an inch and they take a mile.
    The Z store still has 2 flights with alternative poses but ugly FX on them. Called "Heroic pack" or something.
    One has you do the "hands on hips" pose, while another has you flying fist first.

1, they both the same.

2. one of the Flight has a very noticeable FX aura while the other one has a very less noticeable FX aura, just a movement line

3. The animation change on speed modes, IE fast mode, and combat/slow mode.

4. Slow mode is the hero with the fist out

5. while fast is with both fists out...
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User

for all we might know it could be people buying up the other TP's on the Qnite store so they don't have to be a victim of F.O.M.O, again, since some of these items were once Qnite Items. [ Another thing to add is there are also Questionite Crates... why are these not fresh out too? ]

And also if that case is true I wouldn't be surprised, since there are again FOMO, but I don't think the number is high on that, But when I think about it now it could come from people who have LTS.
    I would absolutely buy that myself - I prefer the no-FX version much better than having some colorful FX you can't remove just cos you fly. But after spending the day pooling my resources together, turns out I don't even have 1 mil yet xD

get this, you need RL Money, that the only easy pure way of getting it. that's a total of 150$ U.S dollars give or take. that half of LTS at a full price, for just one Travel Power, And or Playing the game and farming Qnites 12hours a day, But last I check not many people do this... :/

Soo good luck with that.

The problem is they not doing that, and the Travel Power in question cost half of LTS at full price, you sure you want to support that kind of idea? when this may happen again with another power that would be in a case like an Attack power, Wouldn't that be a case of Pay to win or pay to be Powerful?

And AGAIN these are items that were once part of the Qnite store. now being up for grabs for a limited time for 50$ U.S dollars +/- and you support this? okay then...

To me, it seems like a lot of people give these devs an inch and they take a mile.

1, they both the same.

2. one of the Flight has a very noticeable FX aura while the other one has a very less noticeable FX aura, just a movement line

3. The animation change on speed modes, IE fast mode, and combat/slow mode.

4. Slow mode is the hero with the fist out

5. while fast is with both fists out...

^All of this above.
This discussion has been closed.