test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Release Notes 11/19/2020

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
Eidolon
This boss has returned!

Changes:
  • For the next 2 weeks you can challenge Eidolon without having to complete the Qliphothic Warzone open missions.
  • Eidolon can no longer heal from any of the Crystal phases.
  • Timer has been reduced to 20 minutes (from 60). Timer starts once Eidolon is at 98% health.
  • If the open mission fails it will reset after 10 minutes.
  • If it succeeds it will go on a 4 hour cooldown.
  • Eidolon's attack phases are at set points during the fight, instead of being random.
  • Eidolon's regular attacks will now apply a stacking debuff if the damage is not split between players. This debuff is removed when the damage is split.
  • Crystals now all have set health.
  • Shadow Crystals can no longer be damaged by player attacks, but instead require players to defeat Portal Guardians near them to damage them.
  • Shadow Crystals can still be held, but now have very high hold resistance.
  • During the Shadow Crystal phase Eidolon will deal increasing damage to all players while the Crystals are active.
  • Players cannot resurrect while the Shadow Crystal phase is active.
  • Enervating Crystals will now continuously spawn until Eidolon has reached a specific amount of health. Failure to destroy one will result in a wipe.
  • Portal Guardians can now be held, but have very high hold resistance.
  • New phase: Eidolon will summon a portal at the left, center or right of the boss fight area, this portal deals continuous damage and summons Shadow Claws, these enemies will deal damage at random to players and strip away buffs. The portal will despawn once Eidolon reaches a specific amount of health. The claws can be held for a short time as well as destroyed, but will respawn after a set time.
  • Various visual updates.
  • Currency rewards from defeating Eidolon cap out at once per 20 hours.
  • Witchcraft in the Qliphothic Warzone has a daily mission for defeating Eidolon. This mission includes a new currency that will be needed to obtain Eidolon related store items in the future.

Possible reward drops:
  • Added Qliphothic Essence mod.
  • Added Shadow Shred power variant device.
  • Added new secondary gear. When wearing a full set this gear can reduce the cooldown on Ultimate powers. This gear also allows for core mod slotting of any rank.
  • Can also drop: Cosmic secondary gear, Shadow Destroyer costume pieces, Eidolon action figure, Crown aura.

Nightmare Invasion
This event will be running for the next 2 weeks.
  • New Mission: Complete the Colossus mission 5 times, rewards the Grim Belt costume.
  • Added Feather Armor boots to the event store.
  • The Chaos Imp sidekick mission is available to those who have not completed it yet.
  • During this event you can also get bonus currency for completing Qliphothic Warzone missions.

Lockbox
  • Starting tomorrow morning the Cosmos Lockbox will be available! There will be a different post with its contents listed tomorrow.

Perks
  • Added a new tier of damage perks.
  • The Stuffed perk will be obtainable when logging in starting Friday and will remain available until the 30th.

Powers
  • Fixed an issue with powers that generated a shield while maintaining them.

Alerts
  • Starting next Thursday (26th) the following Alerts will be available for one week: Therakiel, Valerian Scarlet, Black Fang, Baron Cimetiere, Vladic Dracul.
​​

Comments

• avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Lockbox
    Starting tomorrow morning the Cosmos Lockbox will be available! There will be a different post with its contents listed tomorrow.

New lockbox straight to live tomorrow but there has been nothing about it and its content-unlocks on PTS the past 1 week to test... this can only end well

I'm very disappointed on this rushed mess
    Witchcraft in the Qliphothic Warzone has a daily mission for defeating Eidolon. This mission includes a new currency that will be needed to obtain Eidolon related store items in the future.
    Oh God! Another endgame currency
    As soon as I saw that the Eidolon's removed costumes didn't return to the SCR/GCR vendor, I knew this would happen​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • thebluelinkthebluelink Posts: 26 Arc User
    and they said he'd never return.
    ...but I believed.
    i always believed.
    nice profile picture bro
  • evilvillainsevilvillains Posts: 70 Arc User
    Cosmos Lockbox? This is going to be awesome!

edited November 2020
    The Chaos Imp sidekick mission is available to those who have not completed it yet.
    Oh... that's why it was brought back

For everyone who wants to get it on new character(s)
    Consider it requires 10/10 Shadow of the Colossus daily completition (10 days) and the event is up until 26th November (based on ingame info), leaving you only with 8 days, it's impossible for new characters to unlock it

EDIT: Once again both ingame event notification and news blogspot have complety different duration dates
    Ingame says 26th of November
    Blogspot says 3rd of December

So what's the truth?
    OBmodSO.png​​
    Post edited by avianos on
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • thisiscraftaaathisiscraftaaa Posts: 178 Arc User
    Here's my feedback on the Eidolon gear copy-pasted from the PTS patch notes, and spoilered so as not to be spam. I'll add to that that I'm really not looking forward to having another endgame currency, when it'd be far better to just use the existing endgame currencies more as well as provide more sources to obtain them from. At the very least, I'm looking forward to a week of baby's-first-TT alerts and the ramp so I can finish off the unlocks I missed last time around!
    So, I have a question. Why would I use the Eidolon secondary set instead of a full set of Onslaught gear? To compare the two...

The Eidolon gear pieces can slot a single offensive core, defensive core and utility core respectively, all the way up to R9. That means, to get the most out of them, I'd need to burn thousands of Gs on R9s, as opposed to Onslaught taking a few weeks to casually grind a full set of, that only needs R5 Enhancement mods to perform at peak efficiency. To think about it like this...

Eidolon Offensive can give one of these stats, up to X at R9:
    103 Critical Strike
    31% Bonus Healing
    74 Offense
    25 Primary Superstat
    5.1 Critical Severity
    55 Critical Strike and 2.7 Critical Severity
    +207 HP whenever defeating a foe
    +40 energy whenever defeating a foe
    A low chance of +552 Offense for 10 seconds whenever landing an attack
    15% defense penetration (if you were gutsy enough to slot a DUC on one of these)
    35% pre-mitigation damage is added as threat
    42% pre-mitigation damage of one specific type is added as threat
    42% pre-mitigation damage of one specific type reduces threat, +15 PSS for 5S whenever using a certain damage type

I probably missed a few, but pick any (one) of those, and see how it compares to Onslaught gloves:
    +55 of a stat of your choice, Superstat or otherwise
    +7.1 Defense
    AND one of the following:
    +10% melee damage
    +minor damage boost when over 20ft away from the target
    +Allies within 35' gain 20% of the energy you gain
    +30% pre-mitigation damage is added as threat AND 6% pre-mitigation damage is added to you as a shield

I just don't really see why I'd pick the Eidolon offensive over the Onslaught offensive, outside of maybe building a tank build and needing the extra 5% to 12% threat (but then, doesn't a full set of Distinguished (or Justice, I forget which is more optimal for tanks but I THINK it's Distinguished) already cover that, slotting threat mods into both offense core slots and just using Gloves of the Defender on top of that for added threat as well as a large stat bonus? And since I'm lazy, I won't read out the defensive or utility core ones for the other two Eidolon gear pieces, but I'll just summarize the better options as far as I can tell.

For defensive pieces, you could milk an extra 21 Defense from an R9 Impact Prism, or 739 HP from an R9 Growth Amulet. These, I'd wager are very good, if you're looking for raw survivability as a tank, but the Onslaught defensive gives +553 HP and +14 Defense, AND can be slotted with an R5 Enhancement, making it optimal for DPSes, supports and tanks alike for damage or healing output. And if a tank NEEDS extra survivability, they could just slot an R5 Con mod, which would give +55 con. If memory serves, Con gives 11 health per point normally, so that would be +550 health, for a total of 1103 health and 14 Defense. However, ignoring trash like Tireless and all that, you COULD slot something spicy like Brilliance, which would give you a +20% damage resistance. But that raises the question of why you wouldn't slot it in your defensive primary and just take Onslaught defensive secondary for the overall bonuses it provides anyways, since on their own these Eidolon pieces essentially just sacrifice your secondary gear slots for a single core mod slot of each type. Also, I'm not touching on dodge tanks because there's even less redeeming qualities to slotting dodge mods for Eidolon pieces than just taking the Onslaught dodge defensive piece.

For support pieces, let's be honest. With the odd exception of CC strength, which is vaaaguely covered by Pre, the only things you're going to bother putting here are potentially an R9 damage mod (like Valerian Scarlet's Radiance, Medusa's Presence, Nighthawk's Talons, etcetera,) Swift Wings if you're feeling fancy (but why would you use Swift Wings at all?) Veteran's Core of Might (to be fair, you can slot this in ANY core slot, whether offensive or defensive or support, but why would you need to sacrifice an entire secondary gear slot for it when a slot on your primary piece works just fine and has less drawbacks? Support just happens to be the easiest place to slot this without any noticeable drawbacks in most builds) or just cost reduction, cooldown reduction or max energy. But again, you can only pick one. And whichever one you pick out of the regular support mods, there's an Onslaught secondary that gives anywhere between the same amount (+15 energy for Mask of Energy vs +15 for R9 Growth Amulet) up to around double the same amount (202 Cost Discount for Mask of Efficiency, vs 102 for Gambler's Lucky Gem 9.) And the Onslaught pieces will always give some Cost Discount and some Cooldown Reduction as well.

And finally, there's the set bonus, the only remotely redeeming thing about this. +1000 health, +50 to all superstats, and -2s to your ult's cooldown every time you charge a power fully, or maintain a power fully, or complete a combo, with a 6 second cooldown, essentially translating to your ult's cooldown ticking down 1 and 1/3s every second instead of 1 every second. While a pleasant utility, ults usually aren't that much of an increase beyond the norm in terms of damage output, so it's still JUST a pleasant utility.

Now, I want you to think about the differences between the two sets, and put them together in your head.

A full Onslaught set will provide a BARE MINIMUM of:
    21.3 Defense
    51 Cost Discount
    51 Cooldown Reduction
    +55 to any stat
    +55 to any stat
    +55 to any stat

with your choice of extras:
    OFFENSE: +10% melee damage
    OFFENSE: +small ranged damage boost beyond 20' away (arguably the weakest of these by far)
    OFFENSE: +allies gain 20% of the energy you gain
    OFFENSE: +30% pre-mit damage into threat, +6% pre-mit damage into a shield
    DEFENSE: 6.9 Defense and 553 health
    DEFENSE: 76 Dodge Chance and 76 Avoidance (why would you take this unless you're a dodge build?)
    DEFENSE: 51 CC resist (WHY WOULD YOU TAKE THIS AT ALL?)
    SUPPORT: 15 energy
    SUPPORT: 151 Cost Discount
    SUPPORT: 101 Cooldown Reduction and 50 Cost Discount

While a full Eidolon set will provide a BARE MINIMUM of:
    +50 to all superstats (a total of 150 spread evenly across all three, as opposed to 165 to allocate in thirds anywhere you want, whether spread evenly or stacked 2-to-1 on two superstats, or all on one.)
    +1000 health
    33.333(etc.)% faster ult cooldown (likely anywhere from 25% to 30% since perfect activation would be impossible, and that 25%-30% is assuming you're intentionally proccing it as much as possible even if your powers might perform optimally if you do so.)
    *ALL OF THESE REQUIRE A FULL THREE PIECES SLOTTED, AND SPECIFICALLY OF THE SAME SUBTYPE TOO!

with your choice of extras:
    One of anything that fits in a offensive core slot
    One of anything that fits in a defensive core slot
    One of anything that fits in a utility core slot

Now, while that is a (lovely) 3-piece set bonus, there's still the issue of: it's a 3-piece bonus, meaning there's no reason to ever mix and match whatsoever, and otherwise they're effectively just an extra core slot on each of your primary gear pieces, and you're running around with no secondaries. I'd say these are slightly worse than the Cosmic secondaries, which themselves are good but still pale in comparison to the Onslaught secondaries. The Cosmic secondaries can slot core mods as well, but only up to R5. I'm... not sure if they can slot special core mods like DUCs, Brilliance, Veteran's Core and the likes or not. In exchange, they give offense (which is something the Onslaught pieces do not,) slightly more-or-less defense than the Onslaught pieces (22.7 as opposed to 21.3, but without the option of extra defense plus health that lets Onslaught take the edge here) and slightly less Cost Discount and Cooldown Reduction than the bare minimum that Onslaught can yield. (+46 to both, as opposed to +51 to both and +15 max energy as well.) They also give either +46 to PSS on each piece, for a total of 138, or +24 to each SSS on each piece, for a total of 144 split evenly between the two, slightly lower in overall gains than the Eidolon pieces but able to be a little bit more selective in where they're applied. Since there's no reason not to slot special mods like, say, Brilliance on your primary pieces, in all but a few tiny hypothetical situations even Cosmic is just objectively better than Eidolon, which begs the question: "unless I'm building for a very niche situation that's one in a thousand where it'd actually be better, why would I use Eidolon over Cosmic, or especially Onslaught?"

And with that, I raise three simple suggestions to make Eidolon a viable competitor to Onslaught, and arguably better than Cosmic (since Eidolon pieces drop from, well, Eidolon, I'm assuming, much like Cosmic pieces drop from the main three Cosmics.)
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Suggestion one: make the +1000 health and +50 to all superstats a 2-piece bonus instead of a three-piece! This would allow for some mixing and matching, especially in the case of melee DPSes and tanks where there's essentially no reason not to take Gloves of the Slicer and Gloves of the Defender respectively, every time, and would make it match other gearsets better, since very few gearsets have a 3-piece bonus but no 2-piece (the only one I can think of off the top of my head would be Catalyst's Heirloom, which is the cheap and flimsy Nem heirloom secondary set that gives a chance to find extra catalysts when interacting with crafting nodes, which basically nobody does outside of grinding their crafting to 400 without spending on crafting skill-ups, so it's essentially worthless and not worth mentioning.)
    Suggestion two: add a R1 Enhancement slot (or perhaps an R1 omni slot, if that's possible?) to each of the Eidolon pieces, and in return, reduce the 3-piece (hopefully changed to 2-piece) +50 superstat bonus to 25! The entire worth of these gear pieces lies with their set bonus, and they're still not good enough even with that set bonus. The health is fine as it is, but why not put a little more value into each individual piece by letting it slot a R1 Enhancement or Armoring mod, and then making the set piece stat bonus a little more moderate?

Thinking about it, a R1 Enhancement or Armoring mod gives +39 to one superstat, which is much smaller than the +55 of Onslaught, and still smaller than the +46 PSS or +24 SSS (+48 total) of Cosmics. But then it gets pulled over the hump by a 25 bonus to all superstats, which is 75 total. If you slotted two Eidolon pieces, then each would give 37.5 spread evenly across all superstats as well as 39 to a stat of your choice, for a total bonus of 76.5 collectively, or 12.5 to all three and then 39 to one of your choice, for a total of 51.5, 12.5 and 12.5, almost as good as Onslaught for stacking up your toggle-form or your Con if you're a tank or whatever else you're aiming for but with a bit of extra fluff and wiggle-room on the side.

If you slotted all three Eidolon pieces, then it'd be +25 spread across all three superstats for each piece, divided by three would be 8.333(etc.) for each superstat plus 39 for the R1 Enhancement/Armoring. This would be 47.333(etc.) for the superstat of your choice, and 8.333(etc.) for each of the other two. A little less efficient stat-wise than just going two Eidolon and one Onslaught or one Cosmic, but I'll get to addressing that in a bit.

Firstly, this use for R1 mods would give people a reason to bother with crafting nodes again! It might be a bit annoying, but there'd be a reason to do so! Alternatively, perhaps Max Plank (the fusion tutorial and fusion trainer NPC) could be given a vendor menu where he'd sell R1 mods for 1G a piece? Expensive enough that it couldn't be exploited to easily farm crafting levels, but at the same time cheap enough that just one Smash alert at level 40 would be enough to get Enhancements/Armorings for a whole set of Eidolon gear. This would be a viable alternative if players getting upset about having to bother with a boring, dumb system like the crafting nodes is an issue, I think! And if it isn't... hey, guess people will be bothering with nodes and have a little more use for Catalyst's Heirloom's 3-piece bonus? A tiny up-side, I'd prefer the Max Plank alternative myself, but whatever.

Secondly, to loop back around... surely you're noticing that this essentially puts Eidolon pieces in the same role as Cosmic pieces, right? Essentially just "for when you don't feel like grinding a full Onslaught set but want something usable?" Well, I have a solution for that, which is suggestion number three!
    Suggestion three: rework and add to the three-piece bonus! A hypothetical 33.333(etc.)% increase in how fast ults recharge is iffy at best. You'd have to go out of your way to get around 25-30%, sacrificing overall performance otherwise for most builds save a few, and the technically optimal 33.333(etc.)% is impossible to achieve. So instead, how about this? The three-piece bonus could come in two parts: a 25% flat cooldown reduction to all powers. Your ult takes 90 seconds to cool down? Now it takes 67.5 seconds. Your self-rez takes 4m 30s (270s) to cool down? Now it takes 202.5 seconds. This is much more beneficial, since some FF builds (and if memory serves, EVERY SINGLE AT) don't even have ults. But that alone isn't enough to give most players a good reason to consider a full Eidolon set. So the second part of the three-piece bonus would be this! -5% damage resistance to hostile targets, in the same layer as Dexterity Spec Tree's Expose Weakness, which means it'd be a flat 5% damage buff when hitting a target whose defenses are reduced to zero by other effects, like Int-primary, Night Warrior, resist debuffs from powers, etcetera. While not as strong as the 10% overall buff of Slicer gloves, it'd be usable regardless of whether you were using a melee or ranged attack, and even tanks and supports with damage-dealing powers could benefit slightly from it.

In short: 25% flat cooldown reduction to all powers rather than up to a hypothetical 33.333(etc.)% for ult only, and a 5% resist debuff to enemies on the same layer as Dexterity Spec Tree's Expose Weakness, making it a potential 5% damage multiplier. Not as raw a damage boost as Slicer (though potentially better than the embarrassment of Sniper,) not as strong a potential defensive boost as Defender (outside of specific situations where rapid and repeated use of Active Defenses is a necessity,) and not as strong a supportive boost as providing nearly infinite energy to nearby allies, but an even spread increase to all three.

With all that said, this is just one potential way of making Eidolon's Eternal, Endless and Nightmare sets more worthwhile. Though, given that the set bonuses for all three would be identical, it'd make having three different sets of the same gear pointless. A good excuse to cut down on extra programming, or perhaps to provide a new unique buff to each of the three sets? You be the judge of that.

Oh, and can anyone else wing their own suggestions for making Eidolon's gear not worthless too?
    Defender save my soul, for I have sinned...
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I thought there was QZone currency allready.
    Is there really enough end game content to gather 2 different kinds of currency? Without it getting repetetive after 2 hours?....
    And another gringy grindy power variant device. I guess it's easier to make these than just actual Powers.
    :#
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    I wonder if they will update either the ingame note or the News page? They tend to leave these kind of mistakes.
    avianos wrote: »
    EDIT: Once again both ingame event notification and news blogspot have complety different duration dates
    Ingame says 26th of November
    Blogspot says 3rd of December

So what's the truth?
    ​​

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • ravynfallenstarravynfallenstar Posts: 43 Arc User
    Oh joy... More currency (and it negates old x50 perk). FFS cryptic!
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    flyingfinn wrote: »
    I thought there was QZone currency allready.
    There is, but it's low-value (mostly useful for buying consumables).
  • ansemthedarkansemthedark Posts: 663 Arc User
    edited November 2020

I not mind Christmas, Halloween, etc, holiday events in general but the Horror Event feels forced honestly for me, espeically such old stuff recycled like this so events get overpopulated while rest of the maps stay empty again and instead let the content and drops be in the right places. On top of it being not very single player friendly with those since Horrors in general hit like trucks with there autoattacks alone. I am for once just want to enjoy the game nicely and not hunt one event after another to get things i want.

This puts pressure on you simply, i like to create and simply level and enjoy, not grind and farm another event after Bloodmoon already, I am burned out of it already.

When did holdiays became such a burden? Oh yes, they always were for selling stuff and make people go crazy with one after another, i already puke seeing Christmas stuff for sell as early as summer.

I worked in a store and sorted gingerbread in august in once already, the smell with the warmth, ugh. I am sick of holidays already kinda and not mind them as events tho but could we not shove more events in now? Maybe not put it between Halloween and Christmas at least? Those events are not fun if you have to do the same each day or grind for hours.

Events in games used to be fun and about the event or holiday, now it is grind grind everywhere, not mind working for it, don't get me wrong, but trying to remake it each year or when it comes back, deleting currency and such is a dick move.
    Post edited by ansemthedark on
  • theravenforcetheravenforce Posts: 7,065 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Powers
    ​​

- Ego Blade Frenzy's Mental Block advantage - This shield is not working correctly (missed in the fixes)
    - Submachine Gun's Wall of Bullets advantage - This shield is not working correctly (missed in the fixes)
    - Bullet Hail's Wall of Bullets advantage - This shield is not working correctly (missed in the fixes)

@kaiserin#0958
    You don't have to participate in any event. You can go out and level, no worries. It looks like I am probably going to give this one a pass since there is nothing new in the event store.

I not mind Christmas, Halloween, etc, holiday events in general but the Horror Event feels forced honestly for me, espeically such old stuff recycled like this so events get overpopulated while rest of the maps stay empty again and instead let the content and drops be in the right places. On top of it being not very single player friendly with those since Horrors in general hit like trucks with there autoattacks alone. I am for once just want to enjoy the game nicely and not hunt one event after another to get things i want.

This puts pressure on you simply, i like to create and simply level and enjoy, not grind and farm another event after Bloodmoon already, I am burned out of it already.

Events in games used to be fun and about the event or holiday, now it is grind grind everywhere, not mind working for it, don't get me wrong, but trying to remake it each year or when it comes back, deleting currency and such is a dick move.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    edited November 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    You don't have to participate in any event. You can go out and level, no worries. It looks like I am probably going to give this one a pass since there is nothing new in the event store.

True on that, but it existing like this is pressure still, psychological manipulation of you might miss something out, i not gotten much of the event yet so still a lot infront of me simply, so it stacks up over time, this pressure is in my mind really, and i am only after costumes even.

I miss simple perks for most like they used to also, and not recycled like this, i mean it some parts existed already mostly sometimes, putting it in a store and moving it so much around is bad managment, remember when most GCR/SCR stuff were low drops? Until Recognitions with the Serpent Lantern Viper Costuem as example and such, not hard on this but still unnecessary moving around fo drops and items sadly.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 737 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Bugs
    Team Up at Eido doesn't seem to work half the time. You press the button and it doesn't put you in a team.

Suggestion: increase the zone cap to 30 or 35 in the QWZ.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Bugs
    Qwyjibo's fireballs now seem to disable powers including block.

• mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    Powers
    ​​

- Ego Blade Frenzy's Mental Block advantage - This shield is not working correctly (missed in the fixes)
    - Submachine Gun's Wall of Bullets advantage - This shield is not working correctly (missed in the fixes)
    - Bullet Hail's Wall of Bullets advantage - This shield is not working correctly (missed in the fixes)

@kaiserin#0958

Confirmed this, Tested on PTS and live that these are not fixed.

Also kai you get a Redeeming Cookie. :cookie:
  • The Shadow Claws don't get held very well. It's difficult to tell if they are even held. Sometimes they will look visually held and have hold debuff, but they will still shoot attacks.
    edited November 2020
    Added Feather Armor boots to the event store.
    I would like to remind everyone who already has the costume from Z-store and is going to ignore it!
    It unlocks 2 NEW Costume pieces! One foot version of the armour without the armour plates and a foot accessory version with the plates which goes with everything

ZXHWWXJ.png

I bought it with Tokens from the last Nightmare Invansion anyway¯\_(ツ)_/¯​​
  • heroshima1heroshima1 Posts: 107 Arc User
    So how does a lvl 40 character unlock the portal to get in the Q Zone?
    edited November 2020
    During the Shadow Crystals and Portal Guardians phase the targeting system goes insane!

The game's targeting prioritizes Eidolon and Shadow Crystals due to their size, I struggle to make it target the nearest Portal Guardians because it keeps skipping them

Both in regular camera and /camdist 150​​
  • metalheart#4270 metalheart Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    The currency reset is to keep players from hoarding currency but infact its keeping me from playing this event because i don't want anything in the store and I know even if I do a little playing for fun my currency would be stolen after December. And i couldnt care less for Eidolon, it's just another over grind with little rewards not worth the months of suffering.
    nJ54tmw.gifThis Is The Ghetto Gothix
    The currency reset is to keep players from hoarding currency but infact its keeping me from playing this event because i don't want anything in the store and I know even if I do a little playing for fun my currency would be stolen after December. And i couldnt care less for Eidolon, it's just another over grind with little rewards not worth the months of suffering.

This here so much, just because other people exploit and hoard it hinders others of enjoyign the game as a game, it puts stress on since you literally can miss out and have to start new next year or whenever it coems back. Some people want to take there time and not grind and jsut want to enjoy the game for what it is, but tryhards can ruin it by overdoing it, why we goten a harder version for Therakiel, not like what the difficult slider was for. This also counts in any game, people scream casuals ruin there game, but games were always supposed ot be fun and not a second job people forget.
    Why not just do things for fun regardless of the nature of the reward? I mean, if you enjoy the NMI you can still do it, even if there is no reward you want. It feels like you are really saying that you won't do something unless the reward matches a certain expectation you have, but that's different from going out and enjoying something just because you enjoy doing it. For example, you could do the NMI and earn currency and buy secondary gear boxes that you could sell to a vendor. Granted, it's not the reward you may want, but it is a reward.

I'm not doing NMI this time because I'd rather get a handle on the reworked Eido, which is actually pretty fun. Assuming you know what you are doing, and can adequately perform your roll, I'd say it is about the same level as TA. Hardest part is probably that DPS have to think about what they are doing ;)
    This here so much, just because other people exploit and hoard it hinders others of enjoyign the game as a game, it puts stress on since you literally can miss out and have to start new next year or whenever it coems back. Some people want to take there time and not grind and jsut want to enjoy the game for what it is, but tryhards can ruin it by overdoing it, why we goten a harder version for Therakiel, not like what the difficult slider was for. This also counts in any game, people scream casuals ruin there game, but games were always supposed ot be fun and not a second job people forget.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    The whole hoarding argument is silly because that’s still time spent on game...who cares if they spent more time then others and have all the currency.

At 11 years old be glad people choose to play your game rather than all the thousands of newer and more engaging games.
    Why not just do things for fun regardless of the nature of the reward? I mean, if you enjoy the NMI you can still do it, even if there is no reward you want. It feels like you are really saying that you won't do something unless the reward matches a certain expectation you have, but that's different from going out and enjoying something just because you enjoy doing it. For example, you could do the NMI and earn currency and buy secondary gear boxes that you could sell to a vendor. Granted, it's not the reward you may want, but it is a reward.

I'm not doing NMI this time because I'd rather get a handle on the reworked Eido, which is actually pretty fun. Assuming you know what you are doing, and can adequately perform your roll, I'd say it is about the same level as TA. Hardest part is probably that DPS have to think about what they are doing ;)

See it like this basically, because the rewards got established already, taking those away and saying play for fun now would be wrong also right? The rewards got put in and already got moved around like the old GCR stuff or Until stuff in general, the thing is not just fun but reward vs effort, but effort can stull be fun if made right and not just some mindless grind, even with Eidolon now being fun, how long till reams start to repeat the same pattern to also just farm? Look at cosmics or endcontent instances.

The problem is not it can not be fun or that you are force, but how it is designed at times, that it is made specifally to be dragged out to keep people long in something that in the end is meaningless aswell. I mean why play the game at all also if people only want rewards also? See this point? I enjoy the game for its customization, but it can be limited with Costumes or even powers locked behidn heavy grind, which can take fun of me.

People play games for different reasons of course and some look for challange of course as well, but grind taken a big part in a lot of gaems today simply and this can be boring since all games do it seemingly by now, so of coruse people can be burned out if they take a break to play something else only to get the same issue

The issue i see in Online games is the forced limited time and taking effort away, like ealford1985 said.
    The whole hoarding argument is silly because that’s still time spent on game...who cares if they spent more time then others and have all the currency.

At 11 years old be glad people choose to play your game rather than all the thousands of newer and more engaging games.

It simply should not matter, but taking this actively away it working against a community and bad customer service in a way, it is like i buy a stock for my personal savings and someone just takes it away, not a good example but how it feels with the currencies.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Ran into a problem at a recent eidolon where the red crystals simply weren't rendering at all. Resulted in a wipe because people thought a crystal was dead that wasn't dead.
  • carrionbaggagecarrionbaggage Posts: 721 Community Moderator
    The cues for Eidolon's roomwide AoE are hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes the darkened-border effect shows on my screen, sometimes it doesn't (same fight, with the same graphics settings). The accompanying spookytown sound effect is also frequently overwritten.
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Eidolon fight: I don't get why tentacles were even made cc-able. Even when no dps are hitting them, a 1 minute paralyze disappears in 1 second. What's the point?

And ultimately that means there's not enough ccing for a cc to do in that fight, because all you actually get to cc are three red portals (1 in the first red portal phase, 2 in the second red portal phase, since you can't relevantly cc the one everyone runs to first), and that's it for the whole fight.
  • leuchadegoutiereleuchadegoutiere Posts: 136 Arc User
    Bug
    There are occurence where people DCing inside the fight zone see they toon still being in game

Bug
    Portal Guardians damage on red orbs sometimes (often) doesn't work properly, even if we meet the range condition.

@Leucha - Cascade, Praise, Gluh, Sanglots, Chernozem, Saadhaka, Ralsershei, La Lice, Cardinale and so on
    The cues for Eidolon's roomwide AoE are hit-or-miss for me. Sometimes the darkened-border effect shows on my screen, sometimes it doesn't (same fight, with the same graphics settings). The accompanying spookytown sound effect is also frequently overwritten.

Can Confirm ^
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Sad to see no new account wide unlocks for old lockbox emotes. I know it's a slow process to go back, but the take a nap emote (which I believe is next, based on the pattern we've seen) is one of those emotes that works great for all characters, and I'd love to be able to use it on all of them.

Still, I'm enjoying Eido's return and the new lockbox. :)
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    Another thing about the eidolon fight - it's hard for crowd-controllers to get credit. 500k is a bit steep. Can it be reduced to 300k? - it's not like anyone can even get into a zone where eidolon is happening late, so i'm not sure why the super high minimum score threshhold. (Alternately, increase scoring from applying crowd control powers, including on eidolon himself, since specs tie a lot of that stuff to debuffs for ccers).
    Another thing about the eidolon fight - it's hard for crowd-controllers to get credit. 500k is a bit steep. Can it be reduced to 300k? - it's not like anyone can even get into a zone where eidolon is happening late, so i'm not sure why the super high minimum score threshhold. (Alternately, increase scoring from applying crowd control powers, including on eidolon himself, since specs tie a lot of that stuff to debuffs for ccers).

Or atleast change such events that they score for succesful CC/Debuff or Healing? I hate a bit how flawed this still is in a lot of games how CC and Heal have the most worst times in games.
    I'm pretty sure one of my tanks got full rewards when my score was just shy of 500K.
    JwLmWoa.png
  • There's a bug where Eido full heals during red phase sometimes like a soft reset when there are still players around. When going back through his hp, he will not go through his phases. I think it has to do with the aggro range thing where when everyone goes into that safe area near the entrance, he will full heal. That can happen when everyone goes towards the red orb near the entrance. I think... this would happen not only during the red phase, but any time during a fight.
    Did the Eido revamp mess up the QWZ daily rewards? I Just finished the 5 dailies and the Nightwatch and this is what shows in the chat window.

Each Daily:
    You received 1,000 Questionite.
    You received 2 Elysium Coin.
    You received 1,010 Resources.
    You received 6 Silver Champion Recognition.
    You received 8 Hermes Requisition.

Nightwatch:
    You received 10 Silver Champion Recognition.
    You received 16 Hermes Requisition.
    You received 1,000 Questionite.
    You received 5 Elysium Coin.
    You received 1,010 Resources.

Why are QWZ dailies rewarding Elysium coins? It looks like I did receive the Hermes, SCR and Resources, but did not receive any Questionite. Is anyone else seeing rewards like this?
    JwLmWoa.png
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    At least for the Elysium rewards, from the release notes, it's an intended reward for the QWZ missions during the Nightmare Invasion.
    edited November 2020
    Why are QWZ dailies rewarding Elysium coins? It looks like I did receive the Hermes, SCR and Resources, but did not receive any Questionite. Is anyone else seeing rewards like this?
    Elysium coins are part of the Bonus weeks during Invansion while doing QWZ dailies

You get REFINED Questionite now instead of Q ore

Previously the dailies rewarded you with a Box of Q with random ammounts of Q, now the Q rewards are set
    This was actually stealth changed BEFORE the event​​
    Thanks for explaining that. Hmm, Refined Q; so bypasses the daily limit. Also a fair amount of additional Q and scr/day for those who do the QWZ dailies. I guess they want to try to lure more players to QWZ? Going to push the Q market to its limit all the, I guess. I wonder if they will rotate through different kinds of event currency, or just NMI when it is around.?
    JwLmWoa.png
    Not sure if this is a big, or working as intended, but once a player is in the Shadow Citadel and Eido is active there is no way to leave unless one has a teleport to location device or suicides against Eido. I vote that players be allowed to leave through the same entrance as they entered whenever they like.
    JwLmWoa.png