What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

FC.31.20201113.4 - Eidolon

kaiserin#0958 kaiserin Posts: 3,078 Cryptic Developer
edited December 2020 in PTS - The Archive
Eidolon
This boss is finally returning!

Changes:
  • Eidolon can no longer heal from any of the Crystal phases.
  • Timer has been reduced to 20 minutes (from 60). Timer starts once Eidolon is at 98% health.
  • Eidolon's attack phases are at set points during the fight, instead of being random.
  • Eidolon's regular attacks will now apply a stacking debuff if the damage is not split between players. This debuff is removed when the damage is split.
  • Crystals now all have set health.
  • Shadow Crystals can no longer be damaged by player attacks, but instead require players to defeat Portal Guardians near them to damage them.
  • Shadow Crystals can still be held, but now have very high hold resistance.
  • During the Shadow Crystal phase Eidolon will deal increasing damage to all players while the Crystals are active.
  • Players cannot rez while the Shadow Crystal phase is active.
  • Enervating Crystals will now continuously spawn until Eidolon has reached a specific amount of health. Failure to destroy one will result in a wipe.
  • Portal Guardians can now be held, but have very high hold resistance.
  • New phase: Eidolon will summon a portal at the left, center or right of the boss fight area, this portal deals continuous damage and summons Shadow Claws, these enemies will deal damage at random to players and strip away buffs. The portal will despawn once Eidolon reaches a specific amount of health. The claws can be destroyed, but will respawn after a set time.
  • Currency rewards from defeating Eidolon cap out at once per 20 hours.
  • For testing purposes the open mission is currently active without needing to trigger it.

Added a pts store for possible Eidolon drops.
  • Added Qliphothic Essence mod.
  • Added Shadow Shred power variant device.
  • Added new secondary gear. When wearing a full set this gear can reduce the cooldown on Ultimate powers. This gear also allows for core mod slotting of any rank.

Powers
  • Many under the hood changes made to powers for better tagging. If you notice any power acting differently than it is currently on live, please report it.
​​
Post edited by kaiserin#0958 on

Comments

• spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    I really like reading that a CC element is being considered for this. I hope it means dedicated CCers are able to add value to these battles.
  • qawsadaqawsada Posts: 736 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    asdfjklasdasklaskldhflaskjfas.jpg
    According to kai, you can slot up to rank 9 with these gears.
  • hallsofwallshallsofwalls Posts: 77 Arc User
    Bugs
    Shadow Shred power variant device
    This device does not have any cooldown when using it on a character without the Shadow Embrace power.
    It also cannot be activated when targeting objects, only enemy mobs.
  • behemothking#9246 behemothking Posts: 120 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I cannot think of good reasons to get the new secondary gear set other than three reasons: if you really want to slap on an R9 threat mod, if you really want to use an R9 perception mod, or if you really want to use your ultimate more. You would have to REALLY WANT to do these things because there are extreme drawbacks to using the set.

It has to do with how the set: doesn't allow you any customization of where to put the stat gain, provides you with less stats overall (about the equivalent of slotting R1 mods in all slots), is all pieces or nothing which makes you unable to pick individual pieces for your build, and provides no other stat bonuses (no cost discount, cooldown reduction, offense, max energy, crit chance, defense, etc.).

Suggestion
    One way to make the set better would be to add an R3 Armoring mod slot to each gear piece and remove the +40 to all Super Stats.

Armoring because Enhancements are already desired too much more than Armorings. I could say R1 mod, but where the heck is anyone going to find one of those?

Well, I don't know what is intended with the gear so it can be changed however. I mainly want to get across that I think it needs to be a lot better than it is now, especially since it is from something as difficult as Eidolon.

Edit: Oh, I also thought of another reason: you can actually slot an R9 Swift Wings mod if that makes you happy.

Edit 2: There's also problems about obtaining the set in the first place. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get a full specific set with how rare drops are already and how difficult this cosmic would end up being? There's so many different pieces. I can't even get a full set of that Destroid gear from Destroyer's Factory and it's only 6 pieces of 1 set whereas this is 3 pieces of 3 different sets. That's an RNG hell about to happen.

Suggestion
    Maybe make the effect like: Reduces the cooldown on your Ultimate power by 2 sec when you fully maintain a power, complete a combo power, or fully Charge a power. Can be used once every 6 sec.

This change would condense the gear and buff the effect.

Edit 3: Another thing to consider is about how few ATs have Ultimates and thus they would lose out on a benefit from the gear.
    Post edited by behemothking#9246 on
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Armoring because Enhancements are already desired too much more than Armorings. I could say R1 mod, but where the heck is anyone going to find one of those?
    Opening crafting nodes in west side.
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Suggestion:
    - Have the Health and Super Stats be for 2 sets and let the Ultimate Cooldowns be for 3 set.
    - 2 set: Increase the Health to +750 to +600
    - 2 set: Increase the total super stats to +150 instead of +120
    - Have the sets differ in Super Stat Allocation instead of just "+50 to all Stats",
    such as "+150 to Primary Super Stat" and "+75 to Secondary Super Stats" too with the Ultimate cooldown choices.

Bug:
    - Current Eidolon Secondaries are granting +26 Super Stats instead of the intended +40.

Crossed the mind because we're already capable of +165 Superstats with r5 cores and +891 Health points if mix matching the current Onslaught/Determination sets. The bumps from r5 to r9 with these new ones could be a jump in most builds especially with that utility energy mod, a 3rd slot that could be r9 threat modded, and a defense that could make or break. Otherwise there's not much of a point to grab these secondaries to weaken yourself overall since the set bonus seems to be commit to all or keep Onslaught/Determinations.
    Those sets need to have a 2 set, with what Behemoth King suggested, Several ATs would be left out in that equation.

• piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Edit 2: There's also problems about obtaining the set in the first place. Can you imagine how difficult it would be to get a full specific set with how rare drops are already and how difficult this cosmic would end up being? There's so many different pieces. I can't even get a full set of that Destroid gear from Destroyer's Factory and it's only 6 pieces of 1 set whereas this is 3 pieces of 3 different sets. That's an RNG hell about to happen.

It's not about getting the set, it's about running the same boss endless times to try and get the set.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    I don't understand having three sets that are identical other than name. And yes, there doesn't seem to be much reason to use them.
  • avianosavianos Posts: 6,022 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    I was hit with a emergency disconnect for patching while capturing GIF :dizzy:
    Added Shadow Shred power variant device.
    As the picture Qaw posted suggested, It's a Reskin of Shadow Embrace with Magic damage type and Regret and Dependency from Telepathy... what a mix of Paranormal Families :grimace:
    I was expecting different visuals TBH

For once again I'm gonna express my displeasure to see those powers being locked behind Devices instead of actual powers :disappointed: and gamepad mechanic for it being used while moving it's annoying
    6dGNVQG.gif

On the Subject of Power Variant Devices
    Suggestion: For future testing PLEASE add a Power Variant Devices category for the Debugger​​
    POWERFRAME REVAMPS, NEW POWERS and BUG FIXES > Recycled Content and Events and even costumes at this point Introvert guy who use CO to make his characters playable and get experimental with Viable FF Theme builds! Running out of Unique FF builds due to the lack of updates and synergiesPlaying since 1 February 2011 98+ Characters (7 ATs, 91 FFs) ALTitis for Life!
  • Suggestion:
    - Have the Health and Super Stats be for 2 sets and let the Ultimate Cooldowns be for 3 set.
    - 2 set: Increase the total super stats to +150 instead of +120

Big question: Why would anyone get 3 set then if they can get 2 set for +150 total superstat and pick some other secondary for +55 stat of their choice for +205 stat gain total?

The bumps from r5 to r9 with these new ones could be a jump in most builds especially with that utility energy mod

You would trade having cost discount for putting the +energy over time utility mod in your secondary gear? How about put the energy over time utility mod in your primary utility and then take an OV Energy or Efficiency utility?
    Suggestion:
    - 2 set: Increase the Health to +750 to +600

Crossed the mind because we're already capable of +165 Superstats with r5 cores and +891 Health points if mix matching the current Onslaught/Determination sets.

With this set, you can potentially get +1339 HP with a slotted R9 Growth Amulet = +739 on secondary and +600 from set. With the proposed change, you can get +1827 HP = +739 on secondary, +750 from set, +338 on Bolstering utility. I don't know if you noticed that, but it's a lot.

Moving the bonus to 2 set would create a 2 set meta and the 3 set bonus would always be ignored which defeats the unique purpose the set attempted to provide because, again, trying to take the 3 set would still have drawbacks just to be able to use your ultimate more. A player is essentially forced to ask: "Is it worth taking away from the rest of my character and its powers to focus on the one ultimate power that I have?" In practically all cases, that answer is no.

And for the benefit of being able to put an R9 in the slot, why wouldn't someone use an R5 in a cosmic utility? Or place the unique mods (DUC, Brilliance, whatever) in their primary slot and use an R5 in cosmic utility for whatever they had to replace in their primary slot? The player ends up asking themselves: "Could this benefit of a 3rd R9 slot be something that I couldn't get anywhere else or in any other alternate way AND is that benefit worth all the drawbacks of this set?"
    I don't understand having three sets that are identical other than name.

Do you mean my suggestion? I would change the effect and then delete 2 sets and make it 1 set. Or do you mean how the gear is already? They have different conditions required to apply the effect. (Charge, maintain, or combo completion)
  • gentlegiantvexxgentlegiantvexx Posts: 321 Community Moderator
    edited November 2020
    Oh whoops! I was still in the 3 set option numbers at the time with the additional Super stat numbers, now seeing it's +50 instead of 40, I'd change my suggestion to 2 set for just the additional health! And yes, that is indeed a lot, but not more than a 3-set Mix match with each r5 constitution slotted Or Cosmic'd. I figure to have it meet a well enough region in additional health naturally at least in case folks don't want to slot that growth or Constitution unless we have the different options as I've suggested as far as allocation, opens up viable choices especially with the r9 cores as a big plus.
    Especially if you don't want to touch your primary mods if you feel they are fine, run two powersets and want two powerset Damage increases in your utility, want a little bit of an absorbtion/defensive edge without reducing too much with either Brilliance or the flat damage absorption mod, maybe you do want to be one of those tanks that run 3 r9 confronts, healer that wants to maybe crit more with an r7-9 gambler, Ccer with increased CC strength more than an r5 in their Cosmic, a DPSer that wants that DUC or r9 Coruscating.

Gear Update: The Health is now +1000 And the All Super Stats are +50 \O/

Suggestion:
    - 2 set be for +100 Super Stats Total
    - Have the Health for 2 sets and let the Ultimate Cooldowns and +150 Super Stats Total be for be for 3 set.
    - Have the sets differ in Super Stat Allocation instead of just "+50 to all Stats",
    such as "+150 to Primary Super Stat" and "+75 to Secondary Super Stats" too with the Ultimate cooldown choices.
    Example:
    Eternal Set
    2 set: +1000 Health
    2 set: +50 to Secondary Super stats
    3 set: Additional +25 to Secondary Super stats
    3 set: Reduces the cooldown on your Ultimate power by 2 sec when you fully charge a power. Can be used once every 6 sec.

Endless Set:
    2 set: +33 to All Super stats
    3 set: Additional +17 to All Super stats
    3 set: Reduces the cooldown on your Ultimate power by 2 sec when you complete a Combo power. Can be used once every 6 sec.

Nightmare Set:
    2 set: +100 to Primary Super stat
    3 set: Additional +50 to Primary Super stat
    3 set: Reduces the cooldown on your Ultimate power by 2 sec when you fully maintain a power. Can be used once every 6 sec.
    ​​
    Post edited by gentlegiantvexx on
  • championsrperchampionsrper Posts: 66 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    The secondary gear still really kinda sucks.

Suggestion:
    - Get rid of the +50 Super Stats set bonus. This is incredibly inflexible and underpowered.
    - Get rid of the +1000 HP set bonus. Its whatever. Who cares.
    - Keep the Ultimate Cooldown Reduction as a 3 piece set bonus. This is cool and unique. I like it.
    - Give the gear TWO slots, one for an R9 Enhancement Mod, and one for an R9 Core Mod.

Honestly, I don't think that would be overpowered at all. This is the biggest baddest endgame boss there is. He SHOULD have the best endgame gear. And its not like you get all of those extra stats for free, you still have to invest in getting those R9 mods to put in there. And singular pieces of gear can actually be useful without requiring you have the entire set, but you get the extra cool Ultimate cooldown effect if you can manage to collect all 3. At MOST, you get +33 more stats across all three pieces using R9's instead of R5's in Onslaught or Determination gear, but those are way easier to farm for, and R5's are way cheaper.
This discussion has been closed.