test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What Do You Play In Game?

What kind of character do you play in game?

Classic Tights and Cape Hero: A super power, most likely with flight.

Classic Adventure Hero: SciFi astronaut, Indiana Jones, Pulp Pilot, etc.

Monster: Not a hero, just a disfigured, evil or grotesque creature with powers.

Humorous: Just something you made for laughs.

Homebrew: A look and powers you are proud of, following your own personal style.

Endgamer: It's all about the stats!!! You don't care about your toons look.

Cosplayer: You have a ton of outfits and looks for any and every occasion, you most likely never miss a gathering to show them off or compete.

Anti-Hero: They look dark, grungy or evil, have a power that amplifies the EMO or gothic overtones.

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.

What Do You Play In Game? 29 votes

Classic tights and cape hero
27%
cosplays#5276gradiispeanozsuperalfgornsapphiechusubjustsupersilithidpiontest#9391 8 votes
Classic Adventure Hero
10%
captainhunter1regenerdecatstarsto 3 votes
Monster or Demon
6%
tradeapocalypsedrinkingchocs#2294 2 votes
Humorous
3%
h4forums 1 vote
10%
blkgravurejniebaumvikki#2740 3 votes
Homebrew
24%
revanantmorituririleymarks1miorumdestraloemordray001phoenixc#0738wizeman#6286 7 votes
Endgamer/Doesn't matter
6%
nique554nbkxs 2 votes
Cosplayer
3%
spinnytop 1 vote
Anti-Hero
6%
sannia1mastercontrol7 2 votes

Comments

• ealford1985ealford1985 Posts: 3,582 Arc User
    Yes.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    Gary-Oldman-Yelling-Everyone-Leon-The-Professional.gif
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • catstarstocatstarsto Posts: 1,129 Arc User
    Classic Adventure Hero
    There is always that ONE toon that defines you and that people seeing you using most of all.
    there-can-be-only-one.jpg

Courage is doing what is right even when it isn't popular or safe. Honor is retaining the dignity and virtue in one's self, so it can light the way for others in the darkest of times. Compassion is showing patience and mercy towards others, even when it isn't returned or deserved. A hero is defined by these 3 words, they set him apart from others as a beacon of hope and excellence.
  • flyingfinnflyingfinn Posts: 8,408 Arc User
    imnotacloneimafreeman.jpg
    CHAMPIONS ONLINE:Join Date: Apr 2008
    And playing by myself since Aug 2009
    Godtier: Lifetime Subscriber
    tumblr_n7qtltG3Dv1rv1ckao1_500.gif
    Get the Forums Enhancement Extension!
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Yes
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
  • jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    No, this is not at all true for me. Other players will see me using one toon a lot when I am grinding end game gear, but I am constantly developing new characters and playing old characters (e.g. during this last BM I used a character I haven't used since last BM). I doubt many people even know who my "main" is.
    catstarsto wrote: »
    There is always that ONE toon that defines you and that people seeing you using most of all.

JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
    Classic Adventure Hero
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    No, this is not at all true for me. Other players will see me using one toon a lot when I am grinding end game gear, but I am constantly developing new characters and playing old characters (e.g. during this last BM I used a character I haven't used since last BM). I doubt many people even know who my "main" is.

Where do you find the time? It took me a long time to get my toon geared up, now that its finished, I don't want to grind another .

• spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    Cosplayer
    At the end of the day, aren't we all cosplayers?
    This is the only game I play (I'm only interested in the superhero genre and I don't like DCUO) and I have been playing since 2011. Even so, I only have around 65 characters. There are people who have/had many more than that before the character cap was installed.
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »

Where do you find the time? It took me a long time to get my toon geared up, now that its finished, I don't want to grind another .
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
  • superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    Possibly you missed several important categories, like Fantasy and Robot, but I guess you could group them under "classic"...

...anyway mainly Classic hero types, with a good slice of Fantasy and Power Armors (the looks not the powers).

edited November 2020
    Classic Adventure Hero
    Possibly you missed several important categories, like Fantasy and Robot, but I guess you could group them under "classic"...

...anyway mainly Classic hero types, with a good slice of Fantasy and Power Armors (the looks not the powers).

Granted, I forgot robots, but fantasy would fall under classic adventuring heroes.

dungeons-and-dragons.jpg

EDIT: You know, that does give me an idea to try an elven ranger, mixing sword and bow style, with a little magic.

• superalfgornsuperalfgorn Posts: 558 Arc User
    EDIT: You know, that does give me an idea to try an elven ranger, mixing sword and bow style, with a little magic.

Just like my Feanor (no Bow, there is no room, I put in more magic):
    https://tinyurl.com/yxvpubbc

• panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    Where is the all of the above option for altaholics? :cry:
  • nbkxsnbkxs Posts: 766 Arc User
    Endgamer/Doesn't matter
    Looks does matter, but what's the point if you're a CEDD?
    [NbK]XStorm
  • you would probably get more answers if people actually knew what a CEDD was​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • themightyzeniththemightyzenith Posts: 4,599 Arc User
    Bait taken
    zrdRBy8.png
    Click here to check out my costumes/milleniumguardian (MG) in-game/We need more tights, stances and moods
    you would probably get more answers if people actually knew what a CEDD was​​

Cedd (Latin: Cedda, Ceddus; c. 620 – 26 October 664) was an Anglo-Saxon monk and bishop from the Kingdom of Northumbria. He was an evangelist of the Middle Angles and East Saxons in England and a significant participant in the Synod of Whitby, a meeting which resolved important differences within the Church in England.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cedd
    JwLmWoa.png
  • yeah, i don't think that's what it means, because it doesn't match the context...like, at all​​
    #LegalizeAwoo
  • squirrelloidsquirrelloid Posts: 869 Arc User
    I'm going to guess CEDD is 'Can't Even Deal Damage', but i don't know for sure. (I've seen @nbkxs throw it around before, but context is pretty limited.)

Anyway, I'm with the 'Yes' crowd. There's a couple of those I haven't really done, but not many. (I only do Avatart when its Humorous, for example).
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    Anti-Hero
    My Main character is more Anti-Hero in comparisons of Deadpool, and such...

And You Really need to Add a All of above option... LOL
    edited November 2020
    Classic Adventure Hero
    You Really need to Add a All of above option... LOL

To keep things fresh in game, everyone seems to have tons of alts, but your favorite is what to vote for.

Yexel's%2BAmazing%2BIron%2BMan%2BRoom.JPG

Retro SciFi, Steampunk and classic Pulp generally leads my interest. Thats why my main toon, the one you usually see me playing wears the outfits from that category.

• vikki#2740 vikki Posts: 8 Arc User
    A lot of these options overlap, so it's hard to choose which of the several matches better.
    I play mostly casual fashions and evening gowns.
    Kj7RgJ8.jpg
    And sometimes a touch of humour!
    fDbRN8k.jpg
    Super Justice Warrior!!!
    [img]https://i.imgur.com/KtKo9dd.jpg[/img]
  • piontest#9391 piontest Posts: 44 Arc User
    Pion for the photobomb!! :p HI VIKKI!!!

My main, Pion (seen photobombing Vikki's Red Carpet Walk), is a cosmic hero in the Genis-Vell style. He started off as a "Heroes Unlimited" character; a street level hero, but through circumstances (i.e. stupidity and lack of self-preservation instincts), ended up way out of his league and was elevated to "be one with the universe @.@" by cosmic forces. He continues to be stupid.

So somewhere between Classic and Homebrew.

(and for the record, his costume was designed decades before Photon. Any similarities are purely coincidental.)