test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

2020 Power updates?

spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
Hey I wasn't paying attention and I'm too lazy to check release notes. Did 2020 have any power set updates? Thanks.

Comments

• jaazaniah1jaazaniah1 Posts: 5,424 Arc User
    Yep, to vehicles.
    JwLmWoa.png
    Perseus, Captain Arcane, Tectonic Knight, Pankration, Siberiad, Sekhmet, Black Seraph, Clockwork
    Project Attalus: Saving the world so you don't have to!
  • panthrax77panthrax77 Posts: 309 Arc User
    I don't recall if darkness was this year or last year, but basically none. They've been focused on content and events this year. The hope is that next year they can shift the focus to powerset reworks.

Well my hope at least :disappointed:
  • psychicslugpsychicslug Posts: 722 Arc User
    i have a feeling they may even do some new sets, after revamping and adding to the ones we have already.
    Wouldn't expect that til they're all done with what they have. Adding whole new sets is a lot of work for our small dev team, and they've seemingly committed to balancing existing sets before adding any more. That said, it would still be nice to see.
  • spookyspectrespookyspectre Posts: 631 Arc User
    Rather than build out a new power set, I suspect the Devs will expand existing powersets. They skootched some water powers into the Wind power set, with water powers being much asked for. I could see (and hope for) plant powers being added to the Earth powerset along with it's revamp. Visuals aside, Earth specializes in Crushing damage with Knocks and Stagger, that could lend itself well to Plant powers. Throw in a reskinned AoE hold, could easily reskin some summoned worms into giant vines/roots/venus flytrap, etc.. Voila.
  • pantagruel01pantagruel01 Posts: 7,091 Arc User
    Power set updates have rarely involved more than 2-3 powers with new FX, a new power set requires a lot more than that.
    edited November 2020
    They have the manpower to do it, but there isn't a lot of incentive to add them right now. Powerset revamps give a lot of life to combat and help with much needed balance fixes. But while new powersets are hugely requested and wanted, there's not much payoff for the devs putting in all that work unless they can make it pay off in some way. Unfortunately it's just the way these things go in service games.

Nonetheless, I would love the devs to prove me wrong. :)
  • spinnytopspinnytop Posts: 16,450 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    jaazaniah1 wrote: »
    Yep, to vehicles.

haha yeah, Avianos just told me they nerfed vehicles to the ground. I'm sure that went over well with all the people who dumped tons of Q into theirs.
  • mastercontrol7mastercontrol7 Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited November 2020
    Perception powers have changed: now it will make all other perceptions go on Cooldown, Vehicle Nerf: damages of EB's and A lot of people hate it Nuffsed, munitions had it little hidden nerf SMG / Hail of bullets: Wall of bullet advantage that Cost 3 Adv points, is now Doing 1/4th of shielding, Chance it could be a Bug so far it hasn't been fixed I've given it till new years before I see it as an official, this However would be the second hidden under the hood change since Archer Memory That I have seen since last year October if this is so...

And there could more, but this is what comes to my head right now.

LATE NEWS UPDATE: SMG, HAIL, AND TK BLADES Shielding are fixed.
    Post edited by mastercontrol7 on